Bar Wars - Episode 400 (parts 1 through 6)

A permanent archive dedicated to the memory of Jennifer Sloan. Read The Ravyn's story in poetry and prose. Post your own story or seek help in The Ravyn's Wings forum.

Moderators: thief of dreams, Moongem

The Ravyn
riding the cyclone
Tag line: We miss you Jen

Bar Wars - Episode 400 (parts 1 through 6)

Post by The Ravyn » Sat Jan 03, 2004 10:29 am

Long ago
in a far off galaxy
(okay, okay, yesterday
down the street and around the corner
everyone's a friggin critic!)

The limousine hurtled through the night bearing Princess Saturn to her refuge, a small seedy dive previously run by a fanatic Irishman with a bladder problem. Close behind followed the Imperial louts in the service of Bags Vader, the previously mentioned Irish Depends vendor. Bags had recently evicted the residents of a retirement home and converted it into a den of iniquity and subversion. Just as the motorcycle riding Imperialists were about to overtake the limo, Princess Saturn scrawled down a hasty note describing the evil deeds of Bags Vader and his puppet string puller, Emperor Watson. She rolled it up, inserted it into an empty Jack Daniels bottle and tossed it out the window.

The motocycles screamed their exhaust fumes into the night as they surrounded the limo and abducted the princess, not without a few nasty phrases and considerable flailing of Sicilian arms. Although bruising many, their numbers were too great and her stick was taken away. She was bound hand and foot to be dragged down the street to the Imperial Bar and Grill.

Meanwhile, at the tattoo parlor three blocks away, Kupe Stargazer dreamed of becoming a professional motocross racer while administering badly rendered, out of focus tattoos upon unsuspecting inebriated clients who stumble in at 1 a.m. after leaving the notorious bars and strip joints down the street. His uncle left this place to him upon his death, but Kupe has never really pictured himself as a tattooist and his work has always been half hearted. Closing up the shop for the night, he stumbled down the street towards home. A limo, with a crazed looking woman hanging out the window screaming, careened wrecklessly down the street past him. Shaking his head in wonder, he stooped to pick up a Jack Daniels bottle lying near the wall of his shop hoping there was one last shot left in the bottom. Instead he found a hastily scrawled note signed by the Princess Saturn. The handwriting was barely legible and the remains of the whiskey had caused the ink to blur, but he was able to make out the name Obi-wan Q-nobi. Wondering if this mysterious entity might be related to the old hermit who wandered the alleys and slept in old carboard boxes, he stuffed the soggy note into his shirt pocket after licking the remaining traces of liquor off.

Seeing this as a way to springboard himself into fame and fortune, and possibly into the arms of royalty, he hurried down to the Harley shop where his friend Heinz Solo worked customizing Hogs and painting ketchup bottle labels while smoking strangely aromatic herbs. However, unknown to Kupe, the Imperialists saw him retrieve the bottle and note and were now in hot pursuit.

to be continued .... hehehehehe
Last edited by The Ravyn on Sun Jan 04, 2004 4:07 pm, edited 9 times in total.
take my hand if you don't know where you're goin' ... i'll understand .... i've lost the way myself ...
j. kaye

whatever you do ... don't click here

LadySaturn
Ruler of Saturn
Tag line: Poet Laureate Nov 2011

Post by LadySaturn » Sat Jan 03, 2004 10:36 am

okay so is my hair put up in those buns.. cause if they are.. I'm firing my hairdresser..

Tom Watson
Forever Silent Friend

Post by Tom Watson » Sat Jan 03, 2004 10:44 am

:shock:
Wait, now :!: Don't confuse me with that idiot cousin of mine!
He is way different....waaay.
Don't make me get into it but he loves pulling strings and drinking from the bottle with looong swigs. :oops: A real embareassment...doesn't suprise me his association with Baggy.
:roll:

Tom
"Whispers of Love" a book of poetry expressing love of the heart and spirit is released worldwide on August 11, 2009. Visit my home page at
Books From Grace for more information or Amazon.com

bags123
Insufferable Crouton

Post by bags123 » Sat Jan 03, 2004 11:15 am

An informant........Damn!!! I didn't think anybody had seen. Has anyone seen Heinz Solo.......in this story he's my bounty hunter. Heinz.....I'm dispatching you on a mission to hunt down The Ravyn. She knows too much, and is to willing to talk about it. We can't have that here. Maybe you can convince her to turn to the Dark Side. :mrgreen:
I prefer to keep an open mind,....but not so much that my brains fall out.- Carl Sagan
Your brain is like an umbrella. It only works when it's open- Someone Smart

Poet of the Month
March 2011

The Ravyn
riding the cyclone

Post by The Ravyn » Sat Jan 03, 2004 11:17 am

ooooh heinz solo .... hmmmm gotta go edit!
take my hand if you don't know where you're goin' ... i'll understand .... i've lost the way myself ...
j. kaye

jeannerené
Winter's Rose

Post by jeannerené » Sat Jan 03, 2004 11:20 am

Preston!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Where's John Wayne, dang it?

...oh, .... you and he's on the set.....set of what? .... of Bar Wars!!!! In Malibu!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
... and his words purge up and outward,
expelled and onward through desert dust swallowed,
sands he says that gorge on simple sensibilities.
And, now he spits fragments, grit, extended vowels and elongated syllables
over cracked lips. Their sounds fall
piling round his boots…
~ jeannerené

~breathe~

flickr -jeannerene photostream

The Ravyn
riding the cyclone

Post by The Ravyn » Sat Jan 03, 2004 11:33 am

Heinz Solo sat in the office of his Harley shop puffing on a spleef and idly tossing a 5/8" combination wrench in the air and catching it. His furry co-worker, Drewbacca, was fiddling with the suspension of an old Pan Head out in the bay. Suddenly the door crashed open and in rushed Kupe, an annoying little man who had delusions of grandeur riding Japanese dirt bikes painted in grotesque shades of orange and green with tacky little numbers pasted to their sides. With him was old Ben Q-nobi, the street bum. Quickly they explained the situation with the Princess and the evil emperor and his lackeys. Heinz immediately took charge of the situation, ordering them all to pile into his customized shovelhead trike. However, before they could make good their escape a dozen badly dressed thugs stormed in and hauled them all off to the lair of the underground kingpin Java the Gut, the notorious Thief of Dreams.

Heinz, Kupe, Q-nobi and Drewbacca stood in shackles before Java the Gut, a very large man whose torso resembled that of Buddha. (However, if you ever rubbed his belly for luck, the only luck you would have would be ... really bad) Beside him on a raised platform in the middle of the large room sat a scantily clad Egyptian woman.

"What have we here? Spies? These don't look much like Feds. What kind of riff-raff are you?"

Egypt leaned over and whispered in his ear while handing him an open ledger book.

"Heinz Solo, hmmmm. Let me see." he thumbed through a few pages. "Yes, it seems you took out a loan some while ago, Mr. Solo, in the amount of $20,000. One that you've neglected to repay. What do ya think we oughtta do about that hmmm?"

"Makes a great tax write off." Heinz replied.

"Yes, if I paid taxes that might be true. Too bad for you that I don't. I see here that you own a motorcycle customizing shop. Good! You must have some parts inventory, tools, such like? Not to mention paints, thinners, solvents, other flammable materials? I'll just take over ownership of that establishment starting today." Java rubbed his chin while Egypt whispered in his ear again. He turned and smiled at her then turned back to Heinz. "However, we may have to liquidate our assets. I do hope you have fire insurance ... ?"

"Well ..." Heinz turned red, "I haven't exactly kept up with the insurance payments either. Lousy economy ya know. Tell ya what, give me a year to bounce back from the current market depression and I'll see what I can do for ya."

"A pity and a shame." Java frowned. Turning to Egypt he said "Darlin, why don't you see about reinstating the Insurance down at Heinz's place. How much it would cost us in the short term and have some of the boys go round there to see what his stock of flammables is. I like a good fire!"

It was a commonly known fact that Java the Gut was a pyromaniac. Most fires in the city were thought to have been started by him personally, although there was never any proof.

Q-nobi cleared his throat and said "Well Mr. Gut, I think that from a business standpoint the torching of Mr. Solo's establishment would be a bad direction to take. You see, you could make more money if you became partners, a joint venture as it were."

Heinz took a long toke and nodded, stifling a cough.

"Therefore I propose the following solution to our problem." continued Q-nobi. "You become partners in the business and forgive Mr. Solo his debts, along with any interest which has accrued, and we will provide the 'fireworks' at a completely different location. For this little bon fire to work out, however, we need the help of yourself and your ... " he glanced around the room at the badly attired thugs, " ... associates."

Q began to outline a scenario to Java which involved violence, bloodshed and fire, all of the things he loved the most. Java began to chuckle.

"You drive a hard bargain for a street bum. Perhaps you're more than you show yourself to be. I accept your proposal." He turned to Egypt. "Darlin, make us up a ..." he grinned at Heinz " ... legal and binding contract with Mr. Solo here!"

ummm more later! ;o)
Last edited by The Ravyn on Mon Jan 05, 2004 9:04 am, edited 3 times in total.
j. kaye

LadySaturn
Ruler of Saturn

Post by LadySaturn » Sat Jan 03, 2004 11:48 am

LOL Funny sh :badword: ravyn.. By the way, sequel for poetry familia should be up soon, just putting the finishing touches on it..

The Ravyn
riding the cyclone

Post by The Ravyn » Sat Jan 03, 2004 1:03 pm

hehehe thanks lady ... ummm i mean princess saturn!!! i can't wait for the sequel! *jumps up and down* want to read it want to read it want to read it!!!!!!!!!!!!!

oh and yeah your hair was up in those buns but i think emperor wats just ordered bags vader to do it up in dreadlocks ... ;o) you will have a chance at revenge later in the story i promise!!!!! hehehehehe
j. kaye

LadySaturn
Ruler of Saturn

Post by LadySaturn » Sat Jan 03, 2004 1:55 pm

DREADLOCKS.. shi :badword: that's just as bad as those damn buns.. *Makes a call to her hairdresser* "Your :badword: is so fired.. Who taught you how to do hair anyway, Venus?"

heinzs
The Fat Cat
Tag line: Do no harm

Post by heinzs » Sat Jan 03, 2004 2:17 pm

ROFLMAO!!!!
An' it harm none, do what ye will. Blessed Be.
My Poet's Page Archive | Topics I've started

The Ravyn
riding the cyclone

Post by The Ravyn » Sat Jan 03, 2004 3:30 pm

Bags Vader stood looking out the front window of the Imperial Bar and Grill. The princess was safely ensconced in the back store-room, having been relieved of her cigars and Jack Daniels stash. Emperor Wats sat at the bar eating peanuts and tossing the shells on the already filthy floor. Taking another swig of his green beer he turned to Bags Vader.

"So, you have the princess. Now we just need to destroy the last refuge of the rebels and we can lay claim to the entire bar district."

Vader turned slowly from the window. "Not exactly that simple Excellency. I feel a presence. The Farce is strong within him."

"You worry too much Baggy. We've got everything right where we want it. It's only a matter of time before the princess tells us what we want to know. A few hours without cigars and Jack and she'll be reduced to a helpless babe!" the emperor grinned revealing two rows of teeth in an advanced state of decay.

Vader, hiding his worried frown behind his jet black Nazi motorcycle helmet (complete with full face wrap around visor) turned back to the window. "As you say, Excellency. I think I need to go out for a while and pay a visit to our friends down the street."

Meanwhile, back at the Rebel Pub, Kupe, Heinz Solo, Drewbacca and Ben Q-Nobi (who has revealed himself to be none other than Master Obi-wan Q-nobi of the order of the Dead-Eye) were arguing with Libra Calrissian and Java the Gut over old unpaid loans and interest rates. Preston, also known as Yo-duh, sat alone in a corner attempting to catch rats by dangling small bits of cheese in front of their rat-hole and grabbing them quickly by the whiskers as they poked their little rat faces out. Mostly he was just showing off his ultra-fast Dead-Eye reflexes but no one was paying any attention to him. Suddenly the sun was blotted out by shadow.

"Hmmm was there supposed to be a solar eclipse today?" Kupe asked the room at large.

Heinz Solo stared out the window at the gleaming white orb hovering there. "That's no moon! It's a ...

Outside the Rebel Pub, Bags Vader wiggled his bare-moon-behind in front of the window, sniggered quietly, pulled his pants back up and walked back up the street to the Imperial.

... more to come ...
Last edited by The Ravyn on Sat Jan 03, 2004 6:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
j. kaye

thief of dreams
surrounded by shadows

Post by thief of dreams » Sat Jan 03, 2004 5:37 pm

YES!! this is awesome, not only the story but the fact that the author is seeing humor once again... i love it...
"Thoughts are the shadows of our feelings - always darker, emptier and simpler."
Friedrich Nietzsche

The Ravyn
riding the cyclone

Post by The Ravyn » Sat Jan 03, 2004 6:16 pm

Kupe pounded his fist on the bar. "We have to do something for the Princess! We can't let Bags Vader torture her with green beer and peanuts!"

"Easy there junior." Heinz chided "The Imperial's guarded tighter than a nun's ... "

"Pussy cats you they love, eating you they will be." croaked Yo-duh in the corner by the rat-hole.

"For the umpteenth time Yo-duh, Drewey isn't a cat!" Heinz yelled in exasperation.

Drewbacca growled in agreement.

Java eyed the increasing numbers of rats in Yo-duh's rat cage. "What in the hell are you going to do with all them rats anyway?"

"Eat them I will. Tasty they are!"

Kicking Yo-duh soundly, Java lumbered across the room to see what Kupe and Heinz were up to. Heinz had a floor plan of the Imperial spread out on the bar, held down at the corners with shot glasses.

"Ok, we can get in through the sewer lines. See? The main goes right under the Imperial here near the back. If i guess right they have the princess tied up and stuffed away in one of the old Depends closets. We're gonna need a diversion. Kupe? You get on that old Yamaha of yours and distract them out front. Gut, call out all your thugs and stage a full frontal. Assault you imbicile! Assault! Jeezaloo! Get your head out of the gutter! Q-nobi, Libra, Drewey and I will cut our way up from the sewer main. Q, you're in charge of demolitions. Lib, you find the green beer vats and bust 'em all open. I'll find her royal bloody highness and get her the hell out of there before the fecal matter hits the oscillating rotator. Drewey, you guard our escape hatch. Everyone ready?"

"Help you I will. Defeat them I can!" croaked Yo-duh, wiping tell-tale traces of rat fur and blood off of his chin.

Heinz looked at him in disgust. "You stay here and make sure no one tries any funny stuff. And for chrissake leave the friggin' rats alone will ya?"

Looking at the others, he growled "Let's go!"

In the Depends store room at the back of the Imperial, Princess Saturn struggled to free herself from her bonds. After a great deal of struggling, and an even greater deal of cursing and grunting, she got her hands free. Quickly untying her legs, she crept silently to the door and carefully tried the knob. It was, of course, locked. "Son of a ... " she muttered under her breath. Then she turned to survey her cell, hoping to find some cigars or maybe a left behind and forgotten about bottle of Jack lying in some out of the way corner. No such luck. The window had bars on the outside, so that was no good, although in glancing at the window she noticed that her lovely cinnamon bun hair-do was now a straggle of badly woven dreadlocks. "SON OF A ..." she fumed. Once she calmed down, which was quite a while (Sicilian temper and all, you know) she surveyed the rest of her cell. The only thing in the room was a box of Depends. Pulling one of the adult diapers from the box, the beginnings of an idea began to form in her head.
j. kaye

The Ravyn
riding the cyclone

Post by The Ravyn » Sat Jan 03, 2004 10:52 pm

Bags Vader walked down the hall to the locked storage closet. Reaching into a hidden pocket within his long black Waffen SS trench coat, he extricated a keyring, fumbled around with it for a few moments squinting in the dim light of the hallway. At last he found the key and opened the door. Princess Saturn sat demurely on top of the box of Depends.

"Torture me if you must, but I'll never tell you the secret of The Rebel's success!" she exclaimed.

Bags looked around the room in confusion. "I'm sorry ma'am" he slurred through a fog of green beer breath, "I thought this was the men's."

Backing out, he stumbled further down the hall, leaving the store room door ajar. Princess Saturn seized the opportunity, and a handful of Depends, and crept quietly out into the hallway. The Juke box was playing some annoying Johnny Cash song out in the main barroom. All the better, she thought, as that would mask any sound she made. Opening one of the doors across the hall, she found the liquor storage area. Peering closely at the labels in the dim light, she finally found what she sought, cracked the seal and took a long shot of Jack.

"Aaaaah! Now if I only had a stogie!" she whispered to herself.

Rummaging further on the shelves, she found a box of Tiparillos. Not exactly what she had in mind, but good enough for now! Cracking the seal on a bottle of Jim Beam, she doused the Depends with the liquor, one bottle for each diaper, and piled them near the shelves.

"Son of a ... no friggin lighter!"

Becoming a bit nervous about getting recaptured, she hurriedly searched the shelves until at last she found a book of matches. The cover proclaimed "The Rebel Pub - No Green Beer Here, Bub!" Smiling to herself, she checked the hallway. It was still clear so she struck the match and prepared to drop it into the pile of Depends.

Underneath the pub, half choked by the stench of sewage, Q-nobi, Drewbacca, Heinz and Libra came to a halt.

"Ok, this is the place. Drewey, give me the cutting torch!" Heinz ordered.

Drewbacca handed over the heavy oxy-acetylene contaption willingly enough. He just wanted to get out of this sewer as fast as possible. Heinz Solo Lit the torch and began cutting through the top of the drain they were in. 10 minutes later he had cut through. Heinz poked his head out the hole to find himself looking down the alley behind the Imperial.

"Ooops."

"What 'oops'? What the hell is that?" demanded Libra Calrissian. "Look Solo, I didn't come slogging through this muck so you could screw everything up."

He poked his head out the hole and cursed under his breath.

"Ok, so we go another fifty feet and do it again. No problem!" Q-nobi was always the cool headed one.

Fifty feet further down the drainage pipe, Heinz again fired up the cutting torch and cut through the top of the pipe. Just as he was finishing the cut he heard a muffled "whoompf" sound from above.

"I've got a bad feeling about this."

The cut piece of pipe fell, and with it came half a dozen flaming Depends, turning the sewer into a scene from "The Towering Inferno Meets The Poseidon Adventure" gone badly awry. Luckily, the "water" (if such it could be called) doused the flames.

"Well, of all the stupid mucked up idiotic ... Who the hell are you and what the hell do you think you're doing here?" came a voice from above. Staring up, Libra saw Princess Saturn staring down at them.

"We're rescuing you, princess." stated Heinz. "Crawl your scrawny Sicilian arse down here now!"

"Oh! This is some rescue! I had things well in hand, thank you very much, before you came along and fouled up my whole plan!"

"Really, miss, keep your voice down." hissed Libra.

"Look, there is NO WAY I am crawling around in that foul smelling filth encrusted friggin ..."

Just then Emperor Wats came through the door followed by Bags Vader and a couple of goons.

"Ok, someone give me a hand down?" Saturn said sweetly.

In front of the Imperial, Kupe Stargazer, Java the Gut and a regiment of thugs positioned themselves across the street. Kupe revved up his Yamaha 2 stroke Avacado Green dirt bike and popped the clutch. front tire in the air, he crashed through the window of the Imperial just as the Emperor and Vader were entering the store room. Landing nimbly, he goosed the throttle and jumped the bike onto the bar, burned rubber the length of it, and jumped back down. Spinning donuts on the pool table and racing back and forth crashing into everything he could see, Stargazer was having the time of his life. In his mind, he was winning the championship race and would soon have the trophy, the money, and the girl.

Bags Vader turned from the store room saying to the Emperor, "You get the princess, I'll take care of Stargazer."

... stay tuned for the big finale!!!!! hehehe
Last edited by The Ravyn on Sat Jan 03, 2004 11:11 pm, edited 2 times in total.
j. kaye

Return to “The Ravyn's Nest”