A Message to Canada

Poetry Pages members' lounge. Any topic welcome within propriety guidelines.

Moderators: LadySaturn, Spazway

LadySaturn
Ruler of Saturn
Tag line: Poet Laureate Nov 2011

A Message to Canada

Post by LadySaturn » Mon Jul 09, 2012 8:43 pm

You can take your damn Tim Hortons and shove it. I tried the coffee from Tim Horton and piss water tastes better than that crap. Oh and the food... If you can call it that and I quote Gordon Ramsey when I say this... "Is vile and disgusting." So basically I guess the secret deal was Canada will pay for the cost of the new bridge for Michigan as long as Michigan allows Tim Hortons restaurants to be built in the state. You know what, no effin deal. Take your damn Tim Hortons and get it the hell out of my state... I guess Tim Hortons is the McDonalds of Canada because they suck as bad as McDonalds and Starbucks.. oh let's not forget Starbucks... I'll stick with going to the Speedway gas station down the street because at least they know how to make a decent pot of coffee.

Oh and I tried to fill out an app at the Tim Hortons I went to to see if I could get a job and the first question I got asked was was I a Canadian citizen or a U.S. citizen... Are you effin kidding me... I'm warning you Canada, get them the hell out of my state or I'll raise hell until you do. Hell have no fury like a woman's scorn. You have been warned.

heinzs
The Fat Cat
Tag line: Do no harm

Re: A Message to Canada

Post by heinzs » Mon Jul 09, 2012 11:37 pm

lol... must be an East Coast or MidWest thingy...
An' it harm none, do what ye will. Blessed Be.
My Poet's Page Archive | Topics I've started

LadySaturn
Ruler of Saturn

Post by LadySaturn » Tue Jul 10, 2012 7:16 am

Actually Pops, it's me venting after having a bad experience with this restaurant. Usually I have much love for Canada but right now I'm very disappointed that they pass this stuff off as decent. For all I know I was probably drinking moose piss... :no:

Eternum 1
Black Ferret Poet

Post by Eternum 1 » Tue Jul 10, 2012 11:07 pm

Your timmys is owned by Detroit born NBA star Derrick Coleman. You could take your coffee issue up with him but I understand he is filing under chapter 11 so it may be a bank trustee operating the restaurant you visited.

I once worked for a bank trustee running a hotel and pub and they don't care about the day to day quality of the operation as it's just cheaper in some cases to keep operating with unhappy employees until you find a buyer. Better than shutting down and losing big bucks.

According to Wiki, Coleman had earned over $87 million during his career as an NBA player, but he is now over $5.1 million in debt. He currently owns a 1997 Bentley convertible, a 1970 Nova, a 2003 Lotus Elise, dozens of fur coats and over 40 Rolex and Breitling watches according to his chapter 11 filing.

LadySaturn
Ruler of Saturn

Post by LadySaturn » Wed Jul 11, 2012 3:53 am

So wait, this isn't Canada's fault. Aww, sorry about Canada... :hugs: Now if you'll excuse me I have to head to Detroit... Damn it. :no:

bags123
Insufferable Crouton

Post by bags123 » Thu Jul 26, 2012 12:16 pm

Personally,...I prefer Tim Hortons over any of the American franchises. They're just friendlier eh? :wink:
I prefer to keep an open mind,....but not so much that my brains fall out.- Carl Sagan
Your brain is like an umbrella. It only works when it's open- Someone Smart

Poet of the Month
March 2011

LadySaturn
Ruler of Saturn

Post by LadySaturn » Thu Jul 26, 2012 8:30 pm

Oh Bagsy you and I are gonna have a little talk later about supporting your country and the businesses in this country. :no: Now go to your room and don't come out until I tell you to... :smack:

bags123
Insufferable Crouton

Post by bags123 » Fri Jul 27, 2012 6:17 am

Nah,...there's no difference persay, between Canadians and Americans. It's more of a regional thing. Buffalonians are just like Torontonians, but different from Californians, or Vancouveronians. :mrgreen: That's why the Boston, New York rivalry in baseball is so cool,...because both cities share a distinct, but similar culture. Boston being the higher one of course. :cheers: Anyway,....the only thing that really separates us at all is that imaginary line they call a border. Really? So this imaginary line is what? Where one set of rules ends, and another begins? Please,....it's all virtually the same now. Personally,.... I think Canada's definitly more on the cutting edge of societal evolution than we are,....or I am at least. :thewave:
I prefer to keep an open mind,....but not so much that my brains fall out.- Carl Sagan

Poet of the Month
March 2011

LadySaturn
Ruler of Saturn

Post by LadySaturn » Fri Jul 27, 2012 5:07 pm

Philosophy 101 with Prof. Bagsy.. :roll:

Gillian
PP Chancellor

Post by Gillian » Sat Sep 13, 2014 11:22 am

http://business.financialpost.com/2014/ ... -takeover/

Mine's a medium double-double.

My daughter lives on the same street in Hamilton where the very first Timmies was built. They're building a brand new one there that will have a Timmies type 'museum' on the second floor. Neat eh!

Bruno
MAXIMUS LUDICROUS

Post by Bruno » Sat Sep 13, 2014 7:43 pm

Who cares! As long as they don't put ketchup on my donuts.

bags123
Insufferable Crouton

Post by bags123 » Mon Sep 15, 2014 6:18 am

Bruno wrote:Who cares! As long as they don't put ketchup on my donuts.

Down in NYC they're serving hamburgers between 2 Krispey creme donuts. ??? I confess,...I love them both,...but the thought of them being served together is kind of weird. I don't quite know what I'd put on it. On a normal burger I usually go for mustard, ketchup and raw onions. Occasionally,...if I'm in the mood,...I might add relish,....or BBQ sauce,...but if it was served between 2 Krispey cremes I might have to go with some Tabasco Sauce in place of the ketchup. Just to take the edge off the sugar a bit. Probably never try one though. They sound disgusting.

Poet of the Month
March 2011

Eternum 1
Black Ferret Poet

Post by Eternum 1 » Sun Sep 21, 2014 7:45 pm

MacDonalds put in a very good bid to the people that used to supply coffee to Tim Hortons and got the contract. Since then McD's has been bragging on their coffee; leaving Timmy's to search for a new supplier. Guess Tim's was just too small to compete.

Return to “Open Discussions and Members' Messages”