Ten Year Members

Poetry Pages members' lounge. Any topic welcome within propriety guidelines.

Moderators: LadySaturn, Spazway

Berlie
Behind the Curtain
Tag line: Behind the Curtain

Re: Ten Year Members

Post by Berlie » Sat May 19, 2012 8:36 pm

:hello:

Hello everyone! I am always glad when I stop by to see the familiar names keeping this place alive.
I checked my records and I techincally started PoetryPages in 1999 but it didn't really become truly alive until a few years later when Heinzs agreed to help moderate and we brought it over to a better forum system.

I wish I could stop by and visit more often but life has been keeping me really busy, in a good way! As an update in my life I am still running my business helping authors self-publish. I now rent a 800 sq foot office suite, have 2 full-time employees in the office and 2 editors that work as sub-contractors. I even have a stray kitty that has adopted our business and stops by for his breakfast when we open up in the mornings. I have named her Sprocket. I have been holding classes every month, just had one earlier today, and I am really enjoying that. I am still riding a scooter but have added a Ducati monster to the mix. Boyfriend and I have now been together for 14 years, doing well, and still no plans to get married. :mrgreen: In other words, life has been good. I have always written poetry in the hard times in my life and without the hard times, I don't seem to feel the need to write. :shock:

I promise to check in occassionaly to let you know I am still alive!
--------------------------------------------------
twisting the throttle
as I lean into the curve
bug SPLAT on my face
--------------------------------------------------
My Poetry Posts | My Poetry Vault | Self-Pub.net

LadySaturn
Ruler of Saturn
Tag line: Poet Laureate Nov 2011

Post by LadySaturn » Sat May 19, 2012 11:24 pm

MAMA BERLS!!!!!! :hugs: :hugs: :hugs:

heinzs
The Fat Cat
Tag line: Do no harm

Post by heinzs » Sun May 20, 2012 11:12 am

:thewave:

Thanks for checking in, Kim, and for keeping us alive. It does seem that poetry thrives on the "hard times" in life. I think it speaks to the deep hope in all of our hearts that those times are temporary. Sometimes temporary is a long time...

Cheers to you!

At some point when you have nothing but free time staring you in the face the Pages could use a PHPBB upgrade... something I'm not qualified to perform, or perhaps you could forward Melissa and myself detailed instructions so we don't crash the Board in the attempt to make it better... lol.

as always :hearts:

Heinz
An' it harm none, do what ye will. Blessed Be.
My Poet's Page Archive | Topics I've started

Eternum 1
Black Ferret Poet

Post by Eternum 1 » Sun May 20, 2012 10:49 pm

Congrats to the Poets who came together in this electronic oasis some 10 years ago. Reading each drop from the creative wellspring at the center of this particular oasis has always reminded me of how far we have travelled alone and together.

10 years ago I was moderating a multi-faith/ philosophy website on MSN and occasionally writing poetry. A few months before, the MSN site experienced an enormous surge in membership after the 9/11 attacks. This was common throughout the internet communities I belonged to at the time.

After much turbulent in fighting following those attacks, I almost lost faith in the idea that a forum of ideas in poetic form could flourish outside the petty politics of consumerism, religion and geography. Until I found the Pages, that is; and found some like minded travellers who came to share tales of the road in universal kinship and love for the well turned phrase. The eloquence of this unfinished tribal tale hinged always upon communal sharing. Sharing a never quite completed story that will always await a future poets pen.

Again I congratulate all you tenured :wink: poets and those to come. Keep on keepin on.

ET

Black Wolf's Blood
Wickedly Innocent

Post by Black Wolf's Blood » Sun May 20, 2012 11:03 pm

I'm ALMOST "old enough" to sit at the big kids (a.k.a. ten years members) table! Aw, just a few more years to go. :crying: :lol:
In his embrace you found yourself. In his kiss you were born. In his words you learned. In his heart you loved. In his absense you hurt.

LadySaturn
Ruler of Saturn

Post by LadySaturn » Mon May 21, 2012 2:07 am

heinzs wrote::thewave:

Thanks for checking in, Kim, and for keeping us alive. It does seem that poetry thrives on the "hard times" in life. I think it speaks to the deep hope in all of our hearts that those times are temporary. Sometimes temporary is a long time...

Cheers to you!

At some point when you have nothing but free time staring you in the face the Pages could use a PHPBB upgrade... something I'm not qualified to perform, or perhaps you could forward Melissa and myself detailed instructions so we don't crash the Board in the attempt to make it better... lol.

as always :hearts:

Heinz
Yea, cause that would kind of suck if I went down to mess with the utility box and end up messing with the wrong wires and the whole house went dark. It would majorly suck for those typing out their writings on their computers in their rooms while it happened.

LadySaturn
Ruler of Saturn

Post by LadySaturn » Mon May 21, 2012 2:09 am

Black Wolf's Blood wrote:I'm ALMOST "old enough" to sit at the big kids (a.k.a. ten years members) table! Aw, just a few more years to go. :crying: :lol:
Hold on, there's a big kids table. When the hell did this happen... And where was I and why didn't I receive the memo.. :shrug:

bags123
Insufferable Crouton

Post by bags123 » Mon May 21, 2012 9:35 am

10 years older, and another day wiser. :mrgreen:
I prefer to keep an open mind,....but not so much that my brains fall out.- Carl Sagan
Your brain is like an umbrella. It only works when it's open- Someone Smart

Poet of the Month
March 2011

Black Wolf's Blood
Wickedly Innocent

Post by Black Wolf's Blood » Mon May 21, 2012 8:10 pm

@LadySaturn--Hehehe. :P

@bags-- :wink:
In his embrace you found yourself. In his kiss you were born. In his words you learned. In his heart you loved. In his absense you hurt.

Return to “Open Discussions and Members' Messages”