'Time Tales' Sonnets

Forum dedicated to form in poetry, classical and new, and a discussion of poetic forms and poets.
Forum rules
Forum dedicated to form in poetry, classical and new, and a discussion of poetic forms and poets.
This forum does not autoprune.
Moongem
Paradoxical Poetess

'Time Tales' Sonnets

Post by Moongem » Sat Jun 11, 2005 6:26 am

I love the sonnet form, it is useful in telling a 'story' without being a 'book'. I guess I'll change the title, and post the other sonnets in this string, as well.

I took Genesis, which I read twice yesterday morning to feed my thoughts, the Bible and History (as opposed to Herstory) and gave it a new spin. One of my 'Time Tales', a rewrite of Earth's 'goddesses' and their roles.

I've done Gaea, Isis, Virgo, Mary Magdellan, Pandora, and, a duet, Orion and Sirius, the first of the lot.

Time Tales: The Advent of Eve

HerHim created a world of truce, filled
It with centuries of terraforming, birthed
Its image to rule with sacral seed milled,
Then rested deep -- Godhead-insight unearthed.

Into Eve’s hand was knowledge forced, serpent
HimHer, unrepentant, rejoiced, Chaos
Destroyed an Eden sublime. In torment,
Adam cried, but Eve saw beyond distress…

Graven inside The Fruit of Life, wisdom
Bid her hide her learning of future’s tide.
When son killed son, man was doomed, beast-become,
Eve waited out years of paternal pride.

HerHim will deliver peace through Eve’s womb,
Daughter healing daughter, then – Earth will bloom.

Erin Elizabeth Kelly-Moen
© Copyright 6/9/05

I thought of posting this in Spiritual, but decided against that action, for conservative, low-profile reasons. :roll:
Last edited by Moongem on Tue Jun 14, 2005 9:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Richard taylor

Post by Richard taylor » Sat Jun 11, 2005 9:22 am

oh erin you don't know how happy I am someone new is posting again in here. I will post a sonnet, this is very clever with a great word patern I enjoyed readin it very much.
richard

heinzs
The Fat Cat
Tag line: Do no harm

Post by heinzs » Sat Jun 11, 2005 11:47 am

I love your sonnet, Erin!

:cool: :cool: :cool:
An' it harm none, do what ye will. Blessed Be.
My Poet's Page Archive | Topics I've started

bags123
Insufferable Crouton

Post by bags123 » Mon Jun 13, 2005 4:31 am

:cool: Excellent Erin!
I prefer to keep an open mind,....but not so much that my brains fall out.- Carl Sagan
Your brain is like an umbrella. It only works when it's open- Someone Smart

Poet of the Month
March 2011

Moongem
Paradoxical Poetess

Post by Moongem » Tue Jun 14, 2005 9:24 pm

:cheers: Thank you, gentlemen. :bow: Ha!

I will go backwards, through Time, the second to the last piece I wrote is based on a female point of view, as they all are, concepted and percepted by me, then, researching by searching, reading and absorbing different sites and their info. I created a diatribe about female genital mutilation, one night, at AD, at the roundtable, not much response, but it felt good. This piece my be disturbing to some, liberating to others. I received one aghast review in the nine I garnered at AD, from the 139 hits on the piece. I used the different forms of spelling for her name for punctuation, or, maybe, confusion.

Time Tales: Mary Magdelen, Christ's Lover

With soft hands and open mind, Magdelene
Anointed kind, realizing her role, she
Rose, empowered by Gnostic sacraments
Of Jesus Christ, second only to he.

A woman beholden to no man’s greed,
She gave herself, willingly, to promote
Harmony, became the First Apostle
After Resurrection, to future seeds.

The patriarchs opposed, incensed, 'Sinning
Whore', they labeled her. With due respect, I
Disagree. Mary Magdalen
Was loved with intimacy by The Christ.

Birther-Mother-Father of the Cosmos!
Bringer of Light! Become my Host!

© Copyright 4/28/05

The next most current Time Tale will be 'Isis All-Form'.

Eternum 1
Black Ferret Poet

Post by Eternum 1 » Tue Jun 14, 2005 10:50 pm

ah! The Magdalene, now I am intrigued or should say I have been for most of my life, not only with her role in the gnostic gospels and completion of the son of man but about rumor and circumstance regarding her life after parting with the other 'disciples'.

'Bringer of light' is an interesting choice of words considering the morning star Venus was in error regarded at one time as Venus and Aphrodite then morphed into twin Marys sharing similar attributes of the former avatars.

Lovely sonnet that restores the feminine aspect of the divine in a paradigm shift long overdue in our metaphysical musings.

Looking forward to the rest of your series.

ET

Moongem
Paradoxical Poetess

Post by Moongem » Wed Jun 15, 2005 10:47 pm

Thank you, Eternum, I enjoyed your discourse, not many are willing to see, much less talk about, the female role in history. I think there is more than meets the 'outer eye' in our course on this earth, one of many.

I went to Catholic Elementary School for the first six years of my life. I could not see how a religion could become so twisted, it killed, even at that early age. The Crusades horrified me. Beatific Knights and Eclectic Asses rushing to other people's lands, brow-beating, murdering, abusing the very acme they sang they proclaimed. It all became a matter of perspective. I saw the use of religion, not only as a flock-gatherer, doing good and spreading brotherhood, instilling what should be the only Commandment, The Golden Rule, alongside of other virtues. Its use as a tool in that day and age was needed, we were so ignorant of physical science, of spiritual sight, we needed a crutch to help our minds ease ourselves along.

Our younger days are gone, we face so much more than those simpler days, we face ourselves, bared.

I must admit, I am finding lateral, as well as peripheral, similarities in my goddesses' stories, all having to do with being under the repressive hand of Male Man... And, what could have been if Woman had had the upper placement of 'supposed superiority'. Imagine...

Time Tales: Isis All-Form

Isis, mistress of flesh, floods the Nile’s depths,
In seasoned rotation of debts, fragrant
And fertile with life. Unempowered glyphs
Dissolved trust with godhead. Isis grew faint

With unresolved deviations – equal
No more. Isis All-Form! Deceived within
Copulation, forgetfulness the pill
Of isolation, Isis No-More. Sin!

Do you negate soiled Isis’ fate? Will
The flooding come too late? Will Osiris
Once again mate a fecund goddess? Still
Beats the green heart of contemplation, and lust…

Isis, live! Reform yourself and give breath
To the New Nile’s need for genesis-death!

© Copyright 4/11/05

By the way, we have seven cats, several saved from the world by my girls. Also, one old Sharpei taken in when abandoned by neighbors over five years, ago, and two rabbits, a male and a female, which my daughter so kindly put 'together' in the same cage the night before she left for Wisconsin for the summer, and possibly longer, thinking she was giving me a 'gift'. Sweetpea's last litter was six kittens, her first, four... Opal, the male, approved. They were together over a week, until my husband glt back and could move Pea back to her cage, she growls and kicks fiercely when futzed with, I don't like that, afraid I will drop her to the doom of seven patroling cats.

Eternum 1
Black Ferret Poet

Post by Eternum 1 » Wed Jun 15, 2005 11:37 pm

Ah the Catholic apologists and their polluted misogyny diguised as theology. A topic far too morbid for this forum. I am delighted to see someone bringing the feminine into balance in such fashion but then daughters of Isis know the pen is mightier then the sword but just as capable of ferocity.

Your question, 'will Osiris once more mate a fecund godess'; considering the myth of Set dismembering him and Isis magically putting him back together but for one very important male organ is amusing.

I've often wondered just how Horus was fathered by a eunuched Osiris but then Isis has her secrets. :cool:

Horus avenged his father btw and Set was banished to the desert as lord of chaos and confusion...which considering the state of affairs in those desert countries today seems more then fitting.

I have a piece about Pope Joan somewhere and an ode to Catherine of Sienna which I'll try and post for purposes of discussion.

Pax,

ET

Moongem
Paradoxical Poetess

Post by Moongem » Wed Jun 15, 2005 11:49 pm

Perhaps, Eternum, Isis 'lent' Osiris her female replicated male organ, but, only for a short time, Time enough to establish an inseminatiion ability, to a certain degree.

I'm sure Isis demanded it back, post haste, once this matter was accomplished. I would have...

:lol:

Eternum 1
Black Ferret Poet

Post by Eternum 1 » Thu Jun 16, 2005 12:25 am

Um well that's an interesting theory. I knew Isis 'breathed' life into Osiris but thats a talent every woman has to some degree... but to actually provide him with her 'magic wand' is something that were I a student Of Ra in Thebes, cause for some speculation that the goats milk had fermented in my teachers breakfast.
:mrgreen:

Moongem
Paradoxical Poetess

Post by Moongem » Sun Jun 19, 2005 3:58 pm

Ha, you think? I don't mind fermentation, but, ugh, goat's milk?

It seems to me people of that day and age had more open minds, you know? Totally off the wall ideas were actually debated, and not labeled with the religious intolerance of now. Thank you for the laugh, seems I don't see much to laugh about, anymore. Life, though sweet, seems so repetitive.

Let's see, I think Virgo is next on the backwards list... Written in a deliberate semi-sonnet syllabic form.

Time Tales: Virgo, The Virgin Mother

Bless me, Mother, for I have sinned. Virgo-Church, craft
A Mother Ship for seas of doctrined birth,
Unspoiled by tattered breach of torpedo draft,
Worded without contemporary worth.

Hold me, Mother, I sense the windy whales
Seeking retrieval of religious bream;
Avowals of virginity, betrayals,
Inexperience, flailed, with murdered dreams.

Relationships have changed… Woman!
Parthenogenesis, birthed androgynous…
No Father near for Virgin’s tidal span.
Invertebrate created. All of Us.

Virtue, with virgin birth, missioned, placed on
Mother Earth, dare to care – heed new day's dawn!

© Copyright 3/25/05

Eternum 1
Black Ferret Poet

Post by Eternum 1 » Tue Jun 21, 2005 12:11 am

Yup sweet goats milk and honey, mind you they had beer back then too!

:cool: Here is my ode to the Magdalene, still looking for the ones to Pope Joan and Catherine of Sienna

These two lovers
Thomas once told
were first before brothers
the truth to unfold

As disciples lose faith
this widow of Man
kept vigil awake
fulfilling the plan

Restorer of faith
goodwife of God
'She talked to a wraith"
so scorned the mob

Rejected by usurpers
Reviled by goat-herds
The Black robed vulture
screams ' feminine imposter'

These unsmiling auditors
of genderless souls
Blame the cradle bearer
for all of mans woes

O Magdalena who loves thee?
Not mortals seeking a pass
from the phallic trinity
in hierarcheal mass

His passion is salvation
as yours was his
In fabled creation
love is, the only gift

Alas, no mercy
from Pharisee hate
not for him nor thee
the Lamb and his mate

Loved of the Beloved
Flower of the Nazarene
Loves perfect Poetess
Of which Solomon sings

Moongem
Paradoxical Poetess

Post by Moongem » Wed Jun 22, 2005 5:51 pm

Good Evening, Eternum. I was flabbergasted when I read this piece. Do you believe in Synchronocity, ET? :lol: Yeah, I think you do. :roll:

Reflecting on earlier remarks, I wasn't a 'bible-reader', I read Sci-Fi, and animal stories, and those old Jr. High related auto-biographies of American notables, and Horror. Everything a good bible should harbor. :shock: :roll:

It's been suggested, by a friend and teacher, I read the Book of Matthew, several times in the last few months. So, I started to, three days, ago. It is not an easy read, as far as understanding its 'lessons'. I didn't feel I could answer the power of your piece until I finished my exercise in education, a slow process, with only a few pages read at one time, to try to absorb the essence. I find an anomaly in the end of this chapter, which intrigues me. It is the "Many Marys". I will have to do more research, but I see a link...

I've concepted a title, or, maybe I haven't. It's slipped away, but, not, I wrote it down, let me get it... "Mary: Syllabillical in Sybil" . :roll: I see syllogism, here, a 'Sybil' type incorporation, a reasoning heretofore unseen. Gotta love the mind for that, grasping at straws. :mrgreen:

You've struck a very receptive chord within me, with your intelligent, expanding of our 'written history', in your objective/subjective compassion for Mary Magdelene. I feel to not question life-as-now in relation to how we became from life-that-was is to not see and participate in life-to-come.

Now, we are to Gaea, I feel her as a soul-sister, a fellow runaway...

Time Tales: Gaea -- The Runaway

In days of yore, in space-continuum,
Creator’s crew started its chore. Behold!
The structure of the Universe – begun!
Warmth of minds formulated heat from cold…

Gaea’s mind of polychromatics,
Reveled in patterns, others saw science,
As Life’s hereafters, debates shook cosmic
Operational base. With impatience,

Gaea ran away, stole a spaceship,
And made her way, back to terraformed orb
Of blue. Committed polygenesis,
Fragmented and true . The planet absorbed

Gaea, embraced imagination,
With grace, and became Art’s integration.

© Copyright 3/10/05

I guess I've found my next subject(s) for my eight Time Tale, the last one, the ninth, a power number, will be the climax... It may end as it began, as a duet.

Eternum 1
Black Ferret Poet

Post by Eternum 1 » Wed Jun 22, 2005 7:58 pm

Synchronicity is our history although we tend to focus on the elites over the paradigm shifts in awareness generally.

Some new testament reading can confuse people with all the Marys walking around but the Magdalene is definitely the heir apparent and confidant. It relates how the Nazarene asks Mary Magdalene to sit with him during his talks while another Mary is serving refreshments as most women did in households at that time.

Only Magdalene is given this privilege time and again and according to some gospels the other disciples were envious of her favored position and even asked Jesus about it. His reply was that she more then any other wished to learn the truth.

I enjoyed the Gaea piece as well. New agers often refer to Gaia or Gaea in their pantheistic dogma. The idea that the planet has a subtle awareness and we are constituents of that is a bit limited in perspective from my own. I certainly see the earth as feminine regardless of political correctness because of the way this blue orb nutures life however much she is abused or taken for granted.

My grandfather told me his view of the differences generally speaking between the genders. One wants to be admired and the other wants to be loved. You won't have difficulty figuring which was which :mrgreen:

I don't think I'm mystifying the feminine but I would like to see it restored to its place in reverence with whatever passes for religion these days.

ET

gordy
Windfall Prophet

Post by gordy » Thu Jun 23, 2005 8:01 am

i like your sonnets they are very deep and interesting........its funny how people think the bible is soo female unfriendly but i soooooo disagree, although many people use it as a tool against women so maybe this is where the misconception is coming from..........i think the whole human race is a reflection of gods female side. i think adam pulling eve out of his side is symbolic of god pulling mankind out of him and until we marry back to jesus then god is incomplete........when adam and eve whored around with the snake in the garden it caused a type of divorce from god and his humankind bride.........but after a long seperation period jesus came and caused reconciliation..........forgiveness......when he made the ultimate sacrifice and gave up his right to be angry with the very bride who betrayed him, but he loved soooooo much, then thats when he was able to tear off the veil and be reunited with his bride........i dont understand it all but i think its awesome you are reading the bible for yourself and not just taking common misconceptions as fact..........i like to also go bvack and look up the originnal greek and hebrew words for things to weed out misinterpretations........blueletterbible.com is an awesome site for that.........anyway, this the first time i ever looked into this actual category i think and yours was the first post i read.........i think i may be coming back here more often.........i actuall want to practice maybe writing a poem that has some kind of consistant structure or something, kind of a far out idea , huh..................c-ya :mrgreen:
-----------------------------

My Jesus hung out with thieves and sluts and liars, which Jesus do you worship?

---Todd Agnew

Perfection is my enemy
Procrastination is his cohort
Persistence is my sword

---Gordy

Return to “Form in Poetry, Classical and New”