POETRY FAMILIA 19

A place to enjoy the interactive sport of Roleplay exercises, post your prose, short stories, story poems, prose poems and epics. This forum does not autoprune

Moderators: LadySaturn, Spazway, moonflower

LadySaturn
Ruler of Saturn
Tag line: Poet Laureate Nov 2011

POETRY FAMILIA 19

Post by LadySaturn » Sun Apr 30, 2017 4:34 pm

Poetry Familia 19

It was a crisp fall Saturday afternoon when I decided to go work on my bike in the garage. I had the door open to enjoy the fall air and turned the radio up to block out any noise or interruptions. With all that had been going on I sort of neglected not only the upkeep on my bike but taking time out for myself. Can’t really blame myself for it though someone had to save the world from demons. I was now working on the engine when Jordan pulled up in his car and got out. I didn’t say a word to him as he walked past and into the house. But not before I sensed that he had stopped for a moment to look in the garage before walking away. I would normally have said something but ever since what happened in Tartarus he’s kept his distance from me. And honestly, I have given him his distance. I figured when he wanted to sit down and talk and not brush me off he would eventually. Besides with Berls gone and Pops now being Athena’s muse, I was busy helping Ven take care of Familia matters.

“Wow. You could have cut the tension with a knife.” I heard someone remark as the radio turned down on it’s own.

I looked over and saw Azrael standing in the corner of the garage with his arms folded.

“What are you doing here?” I asked as I continued to work on my bike.
“Had a poker game with a couple of the Westie Boys.” Azrael answered. “Did you know they cheat?”
“Yea. That’s why I don’t play with them.”
“Huh. Would have been nice to know before hand.”
“How much did they take you for?”
“A grand.”
“Cripes, Az.”
“So what’s up with you and Richie-Rich?” Azrael changed the subject.
“Nothing.” I flatly responded.
“I could tell. Maybe you shouldn’t have kissed him.”

I stopped what I was doing and looked over my shoulder at Azrael. He just smiled a little.

“Mikey told me.” He continued to smile.
“Mikey is a liar.” I retorted as I went back to working on the engine.
“Or you’re in denial.”
“Don’t you have somewhere to be?” I snapped at him.
“I get it. I’m gone.” He replied, disappearing within a flash of light.

I stopped what I was doing and lowered my head while letting out a sigh. Before finally getting frustrated and throwing the wrench in my hand across the garage. Almost hitting Nega in the process as he walked by.

“Hey!” Nega exclaimed as he ducked.
“Sorry Jim.” I said, realizing I about knocked him out.
“Are you okay?” He asked.
“I’m fine.” Picking up another tool and continuing to work on the engine.

Nega walked away as he shook his head. He knew the truth but didn’t want to push the subject any further.

Meanwhile, Sam and Drew were intoxicated and trying their best to make it home without falling over. They had spent most of the day down at the Pub drinking and having a good old time on Azrael’s dime. They had decided to cut through the alleyway seeing as it was quicker and easier to avoid the cops.

“Watch me dance.” Drew said while he did a little drunken two step. “I swear I’m getting good.”
“You are, man.” Sam agreed, laughing.
“Well, well, well.” Someone spoke up out of nowhere. “What do we have here?”

Sam and Drew looked over to their right and saw a figure step out of the shadows of the alleyway. Folding it’s black demon wings and deviously grinning in the process.

“Can’t be!” Sam exclaimed, backing away.
“Oh, but it is.” Cain continued to deviously grin. “Where is she?”
“Go to hell!” Drew yelled.
“Wrong answer.” Cain stuck his hand in Drew’s chest and stopped his heart from beating.

Drew dropped dead before Cain’s feet and Sam quickly went on the defense as he went after Cain. Cain grabbed him by the neck and held him up with one hand. Laughing at his feeble attempt to stop him.

“Now what to do with you.” He hissed while continuing to hold onto Sam.

I walked into the house and headed for my room. Walking right past Jordan without saying a word while Ven, Gordy and Thief couldn’t help but notice the silence let alone tension. They of course hadn’t been the only ones. The entire Familia pretty much noticed the distance between Jordan and I. It seemed to be a hot topic among everyone as they whispered behind our backs. As soon as I entered my room I laid down on the bed and closed my eyes. Hoping to take a nap before I hit the road.

“You and him eventually have to talk.” Michael spoke up from within the shadows of the room.
“Not now, Mikey.” I grumbled.
“What are you afraid of?”
“I’m not afraid.”
“Then why won’t you talk to him?”
“Drop it, Michael.”
“Fine. If you want to live with regret the rest of your life that’s totally up to you. I’m just trying to save you from it but if you want to be bull headed...”
“I’m not bull headed.”
“Like father, like daughter.” Michael remarked with a smirk.
“What the hell is that suppose to mean?” I growled.
“Oh nothing really. Just that you remind me of someone I once knew who was just as bull headed as you.”
“Leave him out of this.”
“Kind of hard to do, little sis. Considering you are just like him.” Michael pointed out.

I just grumbled under my breath as I rolled over and went to sleep. Michael laughed a little as he disappeared within a flash of light.

“So do you think they’ll get married?” Duchess giggled as her, Dena and Phoenix sat around in the living room chit chatting up a storm.
“They should. They already act like it.” Phoenix retorted.
“You know you shouldn’t gossip about others.” Nega spoke up from within the shadows of the room, startling all three of them as they jumped out of their seats a little.
“Jim, you scared us half to death.” Phoenix sharply remarked.
“Well, if you three weren’t so busy talking about others you wouldn’t have been scared to begin with.” Nega pointed out as he left the room.

An hour had passed and I awoke to Ven letting out a bloodcurdling scream. My mind tried to gather itself as I jumped out of bed and raced downstairs. I found her standing in the front doorway holding a bloody box in her hands. She however wasn’t alone.

“Ven, what’s...?” Thief began to ask before he noticed what was in the box. “What the hell... is that a heart?”
“Looks like it.” Tom replied, not believing what he was seeing as well. “As to...”
“It’s Drew’s.” I interrupted, picking up on the scent from the heart.
“Saturn, how can you...?”

I didn’t let Tom finish before I began to make my way to the garage to get on my bike. Grabbing the keys off the kitchen counter as I headed for the door. I opened the door only to be greeted by Jordan.

“Move.” I growled.
“You’re not fighting him alone.” Jordan shook his head while entering the kitchen.
“Whatever do you mean?” I sarcastically remarked.
“You know damn well what I’m talking about.”
“This isn’t your fight, Richie-Rich. “I continued to growl. “Back off.”
“Funny, I was about to say the same thing to you.”
“What the hell are you...?”

I stopped myself from finishing when I remembered what Cain had done to him or I should say what he had taken.

“This isn’t about her.” I finally remarked. “Sit this one out, Richie-Rich.”
“Like hell it isn’t.” He sneered. “You have no damn clue what it’s like...”
“Go ahead finish what you were about to say.” I raised an eyebrow at his hesitation.
“Saturn, I didn’t mean...”
“Just stay the hell out of my way.”

I brushed past him and slammed the door on my way out. Which in turn caused the house to shake.
“I take it we are now on her bad side?” Azrael remarked, appearing out of nowhere.

Jordan didn’t respond. He grabbed his car keys off the kitchen counter were mine had been and left. Leaving Azrael behind to explain to the others.

“So I take it mommy and daddy are fighting again?” Thief sarcastically remarked as Azrael walked into the living room where the others were.
“You could say that.” Azrael replied, shrugging his shoulders.
“Sounds more like mommy wants a divorce.” Preston deviously grinned.
“Preston.” Ven warned.
“What? It isn’t my fault the honeymoon is over.” He retorted.

Sam wandered the streets of downtown Boston somewhat dazed and confused. It felt like he had just awoken from one bad dream or at least a massive hangover. He stopped to look down at his hands and that’s when it all flashed through his mind like a silent movie. All his memories playing out for him as they disappeared one by one. A sharp pain hit him dead on causing him to fall over in agony and stare at his hands as they turned gray. He was slowly becoming something he knew he could not control. And that scared the hell out of him.

“SATURN!!!” He screamed into the night air before passing out.

I quickly stopped my bike as I listened closely to the night sky. I could sense something was wrong and sped off in the direction that my instincts were taking me. I quickly found myself pulling into an alleyway and turning off my bike. I got up off my bike and began to walk around. Looking for any signs as to where the screaming had come from. That’s when something strange but yet familiar had filled my senses. The scent of someone I knew but mixed with evil.

“Can’t be.” I whispered under my breath when I realized who it was.

No sooner had I uttered those words then someone or something swooped down out of the sky and grabbed me by my neck while taking flight once again. When I finally was able to get my senses about me and see who had grabbed me I was in utter disbelief.

“Sa...” I tried to say as I choked for air.
“Die.” The creature hissed, squeezing my throat even tighter.

My eyes began to glow a bright white as I fought to free myself from the creature’s grasp. Hurling both him and myself towards the ground as we crashed. Creating a massive crater around us.

“Son of a...” I coughed, crawling out of the crater and laying on my back.

No sooner had I caught my second wind when the creature flew up out of the crater and landed a few feet away from me. Swinging his fist towards my face in an attempt to kill me. I quickly got out of the way and back on my feet.

“You don’t want to do this.” I tried to talk to him while keeping my distance.
“SHUT UP!” The creature roared as it charged after me.

I spread my wings and took flight before the creature could attack. Around the same time, someone came out of the shadows and tackled the creature to the ground. I saw a red glow and it didn’t take me long to figure out who it was.

“Don’t.” I said, landing softly on my feet and folding my wings behind me.
“He about...” Jordan growled, holding the demon down.
“It’s Sam.”

Jordan let the demon go as it scrambled to it’s feet and disappeared within a ring of fire.

“I told you to stay the hell out of my way.” I now turned on him.
“Are you freaking kidding me?” He remarked with a raised eyebrow. “I just saved your...”
“You interfered. I was about to get information on Cain’s whereabouts.”
“Huh.”
“What?”
“Nothin. Just looked like you were getting your ass handed to you is all.” He answered in his deep Boston accent.

I didn’t say a word. Just crossed my arms and stared at him. A smile crept out of the corner of his mouth because he knew he was getting under my skin.

“You done?” I snapped at him as my cell phone beeped with a text message.

I grabbed it out of my pocket and glanced at the message before the expression on my face quickly changed.

“Saturn?” Jordan asked.
“We need to go back.” I flatly responded, getting back on my bike.

Meanwhile, the Familia was having to deal with a little problem of their own. A few demons had decided to pay a visit and were literally tearing up the house while going after the others.

“Did you contact her?” Thief asked Nega as they ducked behind the couch.
“Yea.” Nega answered while Azrael flew backwards past them, hitting the wall behind them.
“Is that all you got?” He roared at the demons, getting back on his feet and jumping in to the fight again.
“What the hell is taking her so long?” Thief remarked, checking out the situation from behind the couch.

That’s when Michael appeared out of nowhere. Stopping a couple of demons from attacking Bags from behind as he grabbed both of them by their necks and tossed them like rag dolls.

“Really? This is the best that Cain could send?” He retorted, folding his wings behind him.
“Look out!” Ven yelled pointing behind Michael.

He turned around to come face to face with a demon that was taller than him and getting ready to pound him into the ground. Michael quickly jumped back and out of the way before the demon could make contact.

“What in God’s name?” Tom said, raising an eyebrow at the sight of the demon.

The demon tried to go after Michael again but got blasted off his feet with what looked like a lightning bolt. Everyone including the demon looked where the blast had come from and saw Phoenix standing there with her hands out.

“Sit.” She said, standing her ground.

The demon got to it’s feet and began to charge after Phoenix as Nega quickly changed into his skeleton form while the smell of sulfur emitted from him.

“God Jim, you smell like ass.” Thief remarked.
“Not now.” Nega snapped back going after the demon and tackling it head on.

The demon threw Nega across the room like a rag doll and continued to go after Phoenix. Only to come face to face with a flash of light and a sucker punch to it’s face. Everyone looked over to see the flash die out and Uriel fold his wings behind him as he brushed off his shoulders.

“I’ve got to learn to do that.” Preston remarked.

The demon got up again only to find a glowing hand near it’s head.

“Sit.” Joe growled.

It sneered in response getting ready to turn on Joe when it sensed something to it’s right. Looking out of the corner of it’s eye the demon saw another glowing hand inches away from it’s head.

“Do as he says.” Preston remarked in his thick Texan accent. “Unless you want to get your butt handed to you by two Carriers. Then be my guest and move.”

“Three.” Tom spoke up, standing behind the demon as he held his glowing hand inches away from the back of the demon’s head.

Ravyn flew out of nowhere and landed on Tom’s shoulder while her entire being began to glow.

“Make that four.” He corrected himself.

The demon sneered while foaming at the mouth.

“Mortals. A waste of creation.” It growled.
“So what do we do with it exactly?” Leysa asked.
“Nothing. It’s my problem.” Everyone heard some say from the other side of the room.

They all turned and looked over to see Jordan and I standing there.

“Saturn, do you know who...?” Nef began to ask.

I ignored her question as I walked toward the demon. The demons who had been fighting the others earlier stepped out of my way. Each one bowing while I walked past them.

“Have you seen anything like this before?” Bags questioned Michael.
“Once, but not with Saturn.” Michael answered, watching on.

The demon quickly took a knee before me while bowing his head and saying something in a demon tongue.

“Okay, what the hell did it just say?” Gordy remarked.
“It just called her a Seraphim Princess.” Nega raised an eyebrow while keeping his eye on the demon.
“How do you...?”

Nega gave Gordy a look and he knew.

“Sorry man,” Gordy apologized. “I forgot.”

The demon slowly got to his feet afraid of what Joe, Preston, Tom and, Ravyn might do.

“Back down.” I ordered them.
“Saturn...” Tom began to say.
“Do it.”

They did but not without a bit of hesitation. I stood face to face with the demon in a moment of silence.

“What do you want, Adramelech?” I finally asked.

The name alone sent Azrael and Michael in a total state of shock and disbelief. The last time they saw Adramelech he was anything but what he looks like now.

“Your father would be proud of you.” Adramelech said with a smile.
“Can’t say the same about you.” I growled. “What do you want?”
“It’s about Cain.”
“Don’t tell me you’re working for him.”
“No.”
“Then what are you...?” I began to question.
“Saturn, it’s not just mankind that he wants to destroy. He wants to kill us all.”
“And why should I believe you?”
“Because he has already started killing off demons. Well, those who refuse to follow him.”
“Why would any demon refuse to...” Gordy started to state.
“The boy isn’t like his father. Granted his father was crazy but this boy... He needs to be stopped”
“And you’re here why?”
“You’re the only one who can stop him, Saturn. Besides, rumor has it he’s looking for revenge for his father’s death and that includes going after the one who killed his daddy.”
“Adramelech...” I began to say.
“He’s going to go after those you care about one by one. He’s already killed Drew and is using Sam against you.” He interrupted. “You have to ask yourself who’s next on his list? Of course, it has to be someone that isn’t in this room.”

I looked around for a minute before it hit me. I looked at Jordan and he quickly picked up on what was I thinking.

“No.” He said, shaking his head somewhat.
“Mets!” I hollered.
“You rang.” Metatron calmly answered, appearing within a flash of light.
“We need to get somewhere fast. Now.”
“But...”
“Just do it!”

Mets snapped his fingers and a white light encircled us. Sending us quickly through time and space. Only to drop us off on the front lawn of Jon’s property.

“Who do I complain to about the rough landing?” Nega remarked, getting to his feet and brushing himself off.
“You want lighter travel then grow wings.” Metatron retorted.
“Wow.” Azrael said, surprised by Metatron’s response. “I take it we’re finally growing a pair, Mets.”

Jordan was the first one to bust through the front door of Jon’s house while I followed right behind him.

“Jon!” He hollered, going through the rooms like a mad man.
“Jord...” I tried to stop him but he pushed me out of the way.

Which caught me somewhat off guard but I really couldn’t blame him for doing so. If anything chances are I would have probably done the same thing.

“JON!” He hollered even louder.

That’s when he heard someone screaming from the backyard. Jordan dashed across the kitchen and out the back door and I quickly followed. We found Dark Saturn fighting off a few demons while Jon laid lifeless a few feet away. The look on Jordan’s face went from panic to anger as his entire being started to glow a bright red hue while he went after the demons. I ran over to check on Jon. Trying not to think the worse while I said a prayer under my breath.

“Is he...?” Nega asked as him and the others arrived on the scene.
“No. He’s alive.” I answered, checking Jon’s pulse. “Get him inside.”
“What about..?”

Before Nega could say another word, I was going after the demons who were now cornering both Jordan and my dark half. I leapt in mid-air and with my being glowing a bright white hue, I slammed my fist into the ground. Which caused a tremor and at the same time knocked the demons off their feet.

“And yet she continues to borrow.” Tom remarked under his breath as his hand started to glow a little.

I stood up while the demons scrambled to get back on their feet.

“Sat...” Jordan began to say.
“We’re even.” I interrupted, keeping my eyes on the demons.
“What?”
“You heard me.”

The demons started to go after me only to be met with some unknown force that kept slamming them into the ground.

“Sit.” I growled, clenching my fists.
“Sat...” Azrael tried to speak up.
“Don’t worry, Az.” I cut him off. “I don’t plan on killing them. Not just yet.”
“Mikey.” Azrael looked over at Michael.

Michael stood there with his arms folded and his head lowered as a smile appeared out of the corner of his mouth.

“Let her go.” He calmly responded.
“But...”
“She knows what she’s doing.”

I walked over to one of the demons and knelt down in front of it as it looked up at me.

“Where is he?” I asked.
“Go to hell.” The demon hissed.

That’s when I grabbed the demon by it’s neck and in seconds the demon began to choke as the smell of burnt flesh filled the air. Jordan looked down at his hand as it glowed a bright red hue.

“Wrong answer.” I growled in it’s ear. “Now where is he?”

Before the demon could say a word it turned into a pile of ash. Along with every other demon that had been pinned to the ground.

“What just happened?” Ven asked, not believing what she had just saw.
“It was Cain.” Adramelech spoke up. “He does not want to be found.”
“That’s insane. You mean to tell me he would kill his own...”
“That’s how he operates.”

I got to my feet and lowered my head. Not saying a word as I looked down at the ashes.

“Saturn?” Jordan began to say.
“I’m fine.” I replied while turning away from him and heading back towards the house.
“Guys, you might want to come in and see this.” Nega hollered from the kitchen window. “Hey, where did the demons go? Did Saturn kill them all?”
“No, Cain turned them into ash.” Michael bluntly responded while him and everyone else went into the house.

That’s when a terrible and almost deafening sound filled the sky. Everyone looked up and tried to find the source of the sound.

“He’s killing half breeds.” Gabriel spoke up, appearing next to me out of nowhere. “Angel and demon.”
“Oh no. Helena.” Nef whispered, realizing that she could have very well fallen victim.
“He wouldn’t kill his own daughter.” Bags remarked. “A father would never...”
“He did.” Gabriel replied.

I lowered my head for a minute and took a deep breath before continuing to walk towards the house.

“So what’s the problem?” I asked Nega, changing the subject.
“It’s Jon. He’s still unconscious but something is definitely wrong with him.” He answered.

I stopped dead in my tracks before it hit me. I ran quickly into the house without saying a word. Finding Jon laying on the couch and looking rather pale if not dead.

“Saturn.” Duchess said as she got up from where she was sitting.

The others soon flooded into the room right behind me. I walked over to Jon and knelt down beside him. Lowering my head as I said something in Aramaic.

“Saturn, what...?” Thief started to ask.
“He’s been poisoned.” I said. “Chances are that’s how Cain is killing them all off. Poisoning them for the inside out.”
“The same way he was killing demons.” Adramelech mentioned. “And they all ended up dead because of it. There’s no way he can be saved if it’s the same poison.”

My hand began to glow a bright white hue as I looked down at it and then back at Jon. Without thinking I slammed my fist into Jon’s chest. The glow spread throughout Jon’s body while everyone looked on in total shock and disbelief. No sooner had it began then it quickly ended and I fell over in pain as my fist left his chest and the glow died out.

“What the hell just happened?!?” Preston exclaimed.
“She just stopped Jon from dying. Again.” Michael calmly stated with a smile appearing out of the corner of his mouth.
“Have you lost your damn mind?!?” Jordan began to argue, helping me to my feet.
“Wouldn’t be the first time.” I sarcastically retorted, laughing a little.
“What did you do?”
“There are some things you don’t need to know, Richie-Rich.”

Jordan looked over at Jon and noticed the hole in his brother’s chest had disappeared. He then looked back at me.

“Don’t ask.” I shook my head, not having to read his mind to know what he was thinking. “He’s alive. Leave it at that.”
“In all my eons, I have never seen anything like that.” Adramelech remarked. “What you did...”
“Was nothing.” I cut him off. “Right now, I have to go find Cain.”
“Like hell you need to.” Jordan remarked, still holding me up. “You need to get some rest.”
“I’m fine.” I pushed him away and started to stand on my own.
“You can’t fight Cain on your own.” Thief brought up. “He will kill you.”
“Wanna bet?” I sarcastically remark as I left out the front door.

Jordan followed right behind me down to the end of the driveway. Where I had stopped dead in my tracks to cough up some blood and spit it out while wiping the side of my mouth.

“Getting too damn old for this shi...” I began to grumble.
“I’m going with you.” He spoke up.
“Go back.” I replied flat out, showing no emotion as I continued to check for any more blood from the side of my mouth.
“Why are you so damn determined to get yourself killed?”
“I don’t need Cain killing anyone else I...” I stopped short from saying.
“Saturn...”
“Go back.”
“No.”

I lowered my head while a smile appeared out of the corner of my mouth.

“What?” Jordan asked, noticing the smile.
“Nothing. I just owe someone an apology for being a pain in the ass.” I calmly responded. “Fine. If you want to tag along you have to promise me one thing.”
“Name it.”
“You keep your emotions in check.”

Jordan took a step back as he raised an eyebrow.

“I’m serious. No revenge killing.”
“I would never...”
“Bull.”

He looked over at Jon’s house before looking back at me.

“They can’t be a part of this. They’d get themselves killed.” I spoke up.
“And the other Carriers?”
“You already know the answer to that.” I started to walk away. “Besides, they’re not the ones who take my place after I’m gone.”
“Wait, what?” Jordan looked at me puzzled, continuing to follow behind me.
“I told you I can’t be around forever.”
“Saturn...”

Something quickly caught my attention in the distance as it got closer. Stumbling a little while it tried to keep it’s balance.

“Helena.” I whispered under my breath as she stood before me, only to have her collapse in my arms.
“Is she..?” Jordan began to ask.
“No.”

Helena slowly opened up her eyes and looked up at me. She spoke only a few words in Aramaic but those words sent a shiver down my spine. Before I could even ask her anything, she took her last breath and died in my arms. Turning into ash while the wind blew her remains away. Jordan put his hand on my shoulder.

“We have to find Cain.” I said, brushing him off.

“We’ve got to do something.” Thief spoke up while him and the others remained gathered in Jon’s living room. “We can’t just sit on our hands while those two get themselves killed.”
“Saturn knows what she’s doing.” Metatron assured him. “Besides, it’s best if everyone stayed here for now.”
“And become sitting ducks for whoever the hell Cain sends next. No thank you.” Nega interrupted. “Thief is right we have to do something. If Berls was here she would...”
“We all miss her.” Ven spoke up, noticing the emotion on Nega’s face. “And you’re both right we have to do something. The question is what exactly. We can’t go take on Cain. Not all of us carry Seals and are powers alone wouldn’t be enough.”
“Actually...” Michael said, looking over at Jon who was now coming to. “We might just have something after all.”
“What are you talking about Mikey?” Azrael raised an eyebrow.
“You don’t see it, Az?”
“No, what are...” Azrael stopped short from saying when he noticed Jon’s hand glowing a faint white hue. “She didn’t.”
“Oh, but our little sister did.”
“What are you two talking about?” Bags asked, scratching his head confused.
“Seems our dear sweet Saturn gave Jon a gift. A little part of something she carries.” Michael bluntly answered.
“What the hell...?” Jon started to say, still feeling a little groggy. “What happened?”
“You almost died.” Phoenix replied. “But Saturn saved your butt. Again.”

Jon looked around and then down at his hand as it continued to glow a faint white hue.

“A present from Saturn.” Michael spoke up.
“I don’t...”
“You soon will.”

I continued to walk down the street while Jordan kept his distance as he followed behind me.

“Kind of a double standard if you ask me.” He spoke up.

I stopped dead in my tracks and looked over my shoulder at him.

“What is?” I asked confused with a raised eyebrow.
“You had me promise to not kill Cain out of revenge but here you are storming off and in your mind...” Jordan began to explain.
“Wait, how can you read minds?”
“I can’t. But you don’t have to be a genius to figure out what your thinking. I mean after what has happened and then with Helena...”
“I’m not going after Cain to kill him out of revenge.” I quickly corrected him. “I’m going after Cain to stop him because if I don’t we’re all dead.”
“True, but you can’t tell me there’s not a part of you that wants to kill him for what he’s done as well.”
“The same could be said about you too, Richie-Rich.” I pointed out.
“And I’m not denying that. I’m just not the one being hard headed.” Jordan remarked.
“Are you serious?” I now turned around to face him. “Do I need to bring up how many times
I have had to save you because you were being hard headed and rushed into something.”
“Just like the countless times I’ve saved your ass.”
“Oh, somebody has grown himself a pair.” I retorted, crossing my arms. “Look, just because you stood up to Yahweh doesn’t give you the right to stand up to me.”
“Why? What are you gonna do kiss me again.” He stated.
“I didn’t...” I stopped myself from finishing before turning back around and walking away, while grumbling a few words under my breath.
“What was that?” He asked with a smile appearing out of the corner of his mouth as he continued to follow right behind me.

Meanwhile, the others had decided to find Cain. After all, they now had a weapon of their own. Wandering the streets of downtown Boston, Jon could not help but look at his hand in confusion.

“There’s always a reason.” Michael spoke up, walking next to him. “And sometimes those reasons have no answers. Just know this whatever Saturn has planned she trusted you enough to be a part of it. Which speaks volumes considering she hardly trusts anyone.”
“Uh,. hate to break up the moment.” Dark Saturn said, looking up at the sky. “But what the hell is that?”

A ball of fire fell from the sky and hit the ground not to far from them.
“It’s a Throne.” Adramelech spoke up, recognizing the color of the flame as it hit.
“A Throne?” Preston looked confused.
“They are the ones that keep the lines of communication open between the angels and God.” Azrael replied. “They also are the ones that...”
“That what?”
“That make sure the portal for the angels to travel to and from Heaven remain open.” Nega remarked.

Everyone looked over at Nega who could easily tell by their stares what they were thinking.

“A few of us Soul Stealers back in the day knew about it. We even tried to gain access to it.” He explained.
“So what happened?” Gordy asked.
“Saturn. That’s what happened.”
“I remember that.” Michael smiled a little. “I was with her when she... oh, that was funny.”
“What was funny?” Preston raised an eyebrow, curious to know.
“She handed our asses to us.” Nega grumbled, staring down Michael. “And Mikey just watched.”
“Hey, she didn’t need my help taking on a bunch of wannabe demons. I was just there for the show.” Michael retorted.
“So wait if all the Thrones are killed what happens to the angels who are here on earth?” Duchess questioned.

Nega chuckled for a minute until Michael shot him a look.

“Hey, if you don’t tell them I will.” Nega grinned.
“Michael, what happens?” Ven spoke up.
“Those who are here on earth remain here and those in heaven remain there. So basically...” Michael started to explain.
“They’re stuck here.” Nega interrupted in a matter of fact tone, chuckling a little. “Hey, is it true if you are away from Heaven for too long your little angel powers become weaker by the moment.”
“No. But if we don’t return every now and then...”
“What? What happens?” Preston now asked somewhat curious to know.
“We eventually lose our wings and become human.” Azrael interrupted.
“We might have a bigger problem on our hands.” Metatron spoke up, sensing something as he looked up at the sky.

A flash of white light filled the sky gathering any Throne that had fallen and literally causing the sound of something slamming shut.

“What the hell was that?” Jordan asked as him and I had just witnessed what happened.
“Yahweh just closed the gates to Heaven.” I answered while continuing to walk on.
“Why would...?”
“To stop Thrones from being killed or any other angel for that matter. It’s only temporary though.”
“Saturn...”
“He can’t keep it closed forever. If He does...” I tried to regain my composure as I let out a sigh. “Every angel stuck on earth loses their wings and becomes human. Well, almost every angel.”
“Who doesn’t...” Jordan began to ask.

That’s when I held up my hand that was glowing the all familiar bright white hue as I kept my back turned.

“This is the only thing from preventing that.” I replied. “If it wasn’t for this... I would end up like the others and Cain would be able to... We need to find him. Chances are he won’t be calling for an attack on mortals yet. Oh no, he’s leaving the best for last but...”
“What is it?”
“He hasn’t called for an attack on Templars yet. They’re next.”
“How do you know?”
“He’s following a pattern. And now that Yahweh has locked Heaven up Cain is setting his sights on who he can attack on earth.” I explained. “It’s too risky to go after any Seals or angels and Jon is the only half breed left. That leaves anyone who has the blood of a Templar.”
“So basically Terry.” Jordan interrupted.
“Not just Thief, Richie-Rich. We need to pay your friend a visit.”

Jordan raised an eyebrow while I looked over my shoulder at him.

“Cain doesn’t care who your friend is. Social status doesn’t exempt anyone from death.” I casually remarked.

Cain now threw a chair across the room and shattered a mirror. He had taken up residence in an abandon mansion on the other side of town. Making sure to put up his own demonic barrier so no one could find him except his army of misfit demons. He was frustrated with how things were going and fighting with himself to figure out the next step when someone decided to pay him a visit.

“You can’t defeat her.” The stranger spoke up from within the shadows of the room. “She dealt with your father. To her you’re nothing more than a spoiled demon brat.”
“I could easily kill you.” Cain sneered, sensing who it was.
“Do you really want to take that chance.” Uriel now stepped out of the shadows, folding his wings behind him. “You’re already skating on thin ice as it is. Besides, I could pound you into the ground if I wanted to.”
“What the hell do you want?”
“Nothing really. Just want to warn you that your daughter spilled the beans to Saturn before she died.”

Cain raised an eyebrow as he turned around to face Uriel.

“That’s right Saturn knows.” Uriel remarked with a smile appearing out of the corner of his mouth. “She’s already one step ahead of you and you don’t even know it.”
“And you’re telling me this why?” Cain continued to sneer.
“Because believe it or not you need my help.”
“You’re crazy.” He brushed Uriel off and went back to figuring out his next step in his plan.
“You may think you know her weaknesses but you don’t.” Uriel remarked flat out. “I however do.”

Cain looked over his shoulder at Uriel without saying a word.

“I have my reasons for helping you.” Uriel continued, reading Cain’s thoughts. “However, what they are, are not up for discussion.”

Jordan and I had arrived at Don’s house to see the front door barely hanging off it’s hinges.

“Was he the only one home?” I asked Jordan as my hand began to glow while quickly heading for the front porch.
“Yea.” Jordan answered with his hand glowing as well and following right behind me.
“Good to know.”

The inside of the home was trashed. Furniture broken to pieces, holes punched in the walls, windows smashed out. I looked around as the smell of sulfur filled my senses.

“What the hell is that?” Jordan asked, trying not to gag on the smell.
“Paimon.” I growled while the smell grew stronger. “Stay here.”
“But...”
“Stay.”

So he did while I headed towards the back of the home. The last room on the left had the door cracked open enough for a beam of light to shine through. I could hear two voices coming from within the room and I could sense not only fear but evil as well. I stood by the door with my back against the wall. Trying to listen in on the conversation that was going on.

“How can you be so sure she will show?” Don asked the demon who now took a seat in front of Don’s desk.
“Oh, she will. Along with your friend.” The demon answered in assurance, sitting back in the chair and propping it’s feet up on the desk.

I couldn’t get a look at the demon’s face but I knew from the scent alone that it was Paimon. Now for those of you who don’t know who Paimon is. He use to be Lucy’s right hand man. I mean Lucy had many but Paimon was the one Lucy could truly rely on. And Paimon never really gave Lucy any reason not to. However, like every other demon Paimon wanted to be something more than someone’s errand boy. So he went rogue and after he did no one knew which side he was on anymore. He’d pop up here or there but no one could really track him down and find out the truth. Then again, after he went rogue he had to make sure to stay off the radar considering that at the time Lucy did have a bounty on his head. That was the thing with Lucy , once you turned your back on him he would throw a fit and want your head on a silver platter.

“So what’s going on?” Jordan asked in a whisper, standing next to me.
“I thought I told you...” I began to argue back in a whisper.
“Is Don okay?”
“He’s fine. He’s talking to Paimon.”
“Who?”

Paimon’s attention now turned to the door as he sensed something. Before he could react I busted through the front door with Jordan right behind me.

“Saturn...” He tried to say but was cut short when I grabbed him by his neck and threw him up against the wall.
“Working for Cain, I see.” I growled, my being glowing the all familiar white hue. “Pathetic, Paimon. You were once a great King of Hell and now your taking orders from a demon brat. I’d expect better from you.”
“Whoa, it’s not like that.” He tried to defend himself.
“Bull.”
“It’s true.” Don spoke up. “He saved my life. He ran off the demons who broke into my home.”

I raised an eyebrow while keeping my sights and hold on Paimon.

“Your father and I had our differences. You and I little Seraphim are another story.” Paimon reminded me. “I save your life once. You owe me.”

I sneered a little as I hesitantly let go of him. Both Don and Jordan looked at each other out of the corner of their eyes and then back at me and Paimon.

“What are you doing here?” I asked, changing the subject.
“I was looking for you.” He calmly answered while sitting back down in his seat.

Just then Michael appeared within a flash of light. Grabbing Paimon by the neck and slamming him up against the wall with the blade of his sword at Paimon’s neck.

“Mikey...” I began to say.
“They’re fine. Mets and the others are with them.” He interrupted, knowing what I was going to ask.
“Nice to see you too, Michael.” Paimon choked.
“Saturn...” Jordan started to interrupt.
“They have history.” I replied, keeping an eye on Michael.
“What the hell are you doing here?” Michael demanded from Paimon, not sounding the least bit human.

Now there are only two times in my life I have ever seen this side of Michael. First time I had interfered. Second time I knew better. This time however I knew I had to.

“He saved Don’s life, Mikey.” I intervened. “We were trying to find out why he was here before you showed up.”

Michael glared over his shoulder at me and I took a step back.

“She’s telling you the truth.” Paimon spoke up, continuing to choke.
“You shut up.” Michael growled, slamming Paimon into the wall again.
“Mikey...” I said putting my hand on his shoulder as it began to glow a soft white hue.

He lowered his head and let out a sigh. Finally, releasing his grasp on Paimon and letting him fall to the floor. Heading for the door to leave and noticing the look on Jordan’s face.

“You’re not the only one who has lost someone, Carrier.” He remarked, walking past him as he left.
“Don, see if Mikey needs a drink.” I said, keeping my eye on Paimon.

Don looked over at Jordan and Jordan just shrugged his shoulders in response. Don left the room. Shaking his head and grumbling a few words under his breath while he did so.

“Saturn, I just want to...” Paimon got to his feet.
“Shut it.” I cut him off. “You need to explain real damn quick why you’re here or I’ll let Mikey come back in here and tear you a new one. Now talk.”
“Where’s Adramelech?”
“He’s with the others. Why?”
“No reason just thought he would mention something to you already.”

I raised an eyebrow and a smile appeared out of the corner of Paimon’s mouth.

“Don’t worry, half-breed. I’m not here as an enemy.” He assured me.
“I’m no longer a half-breed.” I sneered.
“To those in Hell you always will be. Let’s face it you’re not your father and that’s why I’m here.” He now lit up a cigarette and began to smoke. “There are a good majority of us in Hell who don’t want Cain to succeed.”
“Why not? Isn’t his success Hell’s success.” I retorted.
“Not the way he’s doing it. You know as well as I do even in Hell we have our rules. And just like you he is nothing like his father.”
“Get to it, Paimon.” I sighed, lowering my head and losing my patience.
“We are willing to assist you in stopping Cain.”
“Forget it.” I flatly replied, staring at him.
“You would be foolish not to take the help.” Paimon remarked.
“Is that some sort of threat?”
“No. It’s just again you are not your father.”
“So?”
“So there are not too many who believe you will defeat Cain. Even your friend over there has his doubts.”
“Saturn...”Jordan started to say.
“I know he does.” I cut Jordan off, ignoring whatever excuse he was about to come up with. “I just don’t have time to worry about the doubts of others not when I’m trying to...”

That’s when I stopped short from finishing what I was about to say.

“What is it?” Paimon asked.
“I just realized something.” As my being began to glow a brighter white hue. “My father never had to explain himself and neither do I.”

I vanished within a flash of blinding light. Which caused both Paimon and Jordan to hold up their arms against their faces as they shielded their eyes. Michael and Don entered the room a few seconds later after the flash had died out.

“Where’s Saturn?” Michael questioned, looking around.
“She is going after Cain.” Jordan answered.
“Wait, by herself? And you didn’t stop her.”
“I couldn’t. Your little demon buddy over there pissed her off before I could get a word in edge wise.”

Michael now turned his attention to Paimon.

“What did you say to her?” Michael demanded to know.
“I just offered some help seeing as she simply can not defeat Cain.” Paimon remarked. “I mean let’s face it she’s nothing like her father.”

That’s when Paimon found himself being slammed up against the wall and the edge of Michael’s sword held up against his throat.

“That is where you’re wrong.” Michael growled. “She is just like her father if not a better version of what he was. And if I was Cain I would be worried about what she could do. After all she did take down the boy’s father.”
“Pure luck.” Paimon choked. “She could never be a Seraphim.”
“Actually she is.” Everyone heard someone say from the doorway of the room.

They all looked over to see Kemuel in his human form leaning on his side in the doorway. Michael was shocked to see him as was Jordan. The last time Jordan had seen Kemuel was in his heavenly form.

“Kemuel...” Michael stuttered to say.
“She needs you.”Kemuel stated, walking across the room and stopping in front of Jordan. “All of you.”
“Yahweh locked the gates how were you able to...” Michael tried to ask.
“He sent me here.” Kemuel replied in a matter of fact tone. “Nice to see you again, Carrier.”

Jordan raised an eyebrow and a smile appeared out of the corner of Kemuel’s mouth.

“Great. Just what we need another angel wandering around.” Paimon remarked still choking from Michael’s grasp.
“Michael, let him go.” Kemuel ordered.

So Michael did. Backing away while Paimon slide to the floor and deciding to sit there for a minute to gain his composure.

“So let me guess it’s your turn to intimidate me.” Paimon retorted, looking up at Kemuel.
“No. As a matter of fact while they are looking for Saturn, you and I are going to have a little talk about what a Seraphim is.” Kemuel replied in a calm manner.
“Like you would know.” Paimon hissed.
“He’s the Chief Seraphim.” Michael spoke up. “If anyone knows it would be him.”
“Right. And it has nothing to do with the fact that he’s related to her.”

Both Don and Jordan looked confused and Kemuel could not help but laugh a little.

“Not all her uncles are demons.” Kemuel said, keeping his back turned while keeping his sights on Paimon. “Now go find her.”
“You heard the man.” Michael quickly rushed Jordan and Don out of the room before either one could say a word. “We need to go now.”

As soon as they left the room, Kemuel took a chair and sat down in front of Paimon. Lighting up a cigarette while he did so.

“Now about that talk.” He said rather calmly.

Adramelech now stopped short from continuing to walk with the others through a cemetery. His senses were warning him of something but he could not quite put his finger on it. That was until Sam came out of nowhere and tackled Thief to the ground.

“Son of a...!” Thief started to exclaim, trying to push Sam off and get back on his feet.
“Can’t be” Bags whispered in disbelief, realizing that it was Sam.
“Cain turned him.” Azrael interrupted, stretching out his wings while getting ready to fight. “We have to protect Thief.”

Sam began to hiss and growl as other demons came out of the shadows. Surrounding the others on all sides.

“This could be a problem.” Leysa remarked, looking around. “A very big problem.”
“Ven?” Gordy began to ask.
“We fight.” She responded, keeping her sights on the demons.

Before anyone made a move a flash of light washed over everything. Turning all the demons except Sam into ash.

“SATURN!” Duchess squealed in excitement while I walked past the others and towards Sam.
“Oh shi...” Nega started to say, noticing the look on my face.

I grabbed Sam by his neck and lifted him off his feet.

“WHERE IS HE?” I roared, not sounding the least bit human.
“So does anyone want to try and stop her from killing him or..?” Preston pointed out.
“Nah, I’m good.” Joe calmly stated.

Sam let out a demonic laugh as I gripped his neck even tighter out of pure anger and frustration.

“What’s so damn funny?” I growled.
“You fell for it like he knew you would.” Sam continued to laugh.
“What are you talking about?”
“Look around, angel.”

So I did and the realization soon hit me like a ton of bricks.

“Where’s Uriel?” I asked the others.
“We thought he went with Michael to find you and Jordan.” Tom replied.

I quickly turned my attention back on Sam who continued to laugh. I slammed him up against a tree nearby. Growling and glowing a bright white hue.

“If he dies...” I began to say.
“You better hurry, angel girl.” Sam deviously grinned.

I threw Sam at Metatron’s feet while spreading my wings to take flight.

“If he moves, kill him.” I ordered.
“Saturn, you can’t. He is still familia.” Jeannie spoke up.
“Not anymore.” I coldly responded as I took off.
“So do we sit on him?” Preston questioned Metatron.

Metatron did not have the chance to respond before Sam turned into ash.

“And Cain claims another one.” Azrael said, shaking his head.

Michael and Don showed up a few seconds later without Jordan.

“Where’s Jordan?” Joe asked.
“Looking for Saturn.” Michael answered. “What happened here?”

I landed on top of the roof of a building in downtown Boston. Looking for any sight of Cain or one of his demon buddies.

“Where the hell are you?” I whispered under my breath.
“Right behind you.” Someone behind me spoke up.

I turned around to see Uriel standing there with his arms folded and a smile on his face.

“Miss me?” He asked.
“I thought Cain...” I began to reply.
“You should know by now no demon can ever get the best of me.”
“What about...?”
“Don’t say her name.”
“Why not?” I deviously grinned. “It’s not like I had to marry you or anything to bail you out of that situation.”

My hand began to glow it’s bright white hue which quickly caught my attention.

“What is it?” Uriel asked, noticing the concern look on my face.
“One of the Carriers is in trouble. Probably Richie-Rich.” I answered, turning back around to look out at the city. “Cain probably...”

And that’s when everything went dark. I would like to say I knew what had happened but the last thing I remembered was feeling some sort of blow to the back of my head.

Joe, Preston and Tom’s hands all started to glow their signature colors as Ravyn flew out of nowhere and landed on Tom’s shoulder while her little bird body glowed a faint purple hue.

“What the hell?” Thief remarked under his breath.
“That’s twice.” Nega spoke up.
“Meaning what exactly?”
“That both Jordan and Saturn are either in trouble or...” Azrael stopped short from finishing.
“We have to find Cain.” Metatron interrupted. “It’s the only way to know exactly.”
“Easier said than done.” Bags replied. “We have no clue where he is.”
“I might.” Adramelech said in a matter of fact tone.

Everyone looked over in his direction and he could tell what they were thinking. He however could care less.

“Her father was like a brother to me. If something has happened to Saturn, I couldn’t...” He paused for a minute. “That demon brat needs to be stopped.”

Jordan awoke to one hell of a headache and a ringing in his ears that quickly died out. He got to his feet and looked around to only come face to face with Cain. Who was standing across the room in his demon form with his arms folded and a devious smile curling up on the corner of his lips.

“Ah, the Second Seal Carrier.” Cain said calmly. “How does it feel to know you have all that power in the palm of your hand and yet you are still nothing more than Saturn’s little sidekick.”
“I’m not her damn sidekick.” Jordan growled.
“Really? Huh, could have fooled me.”
“What the hell do you want?”
“Wow, why such hostility? Oh, that’s right the whole dead wife thing.”
“I should...” Jordan began to sneer.
“You what? Please, you made a promise to Saturn not to do anything foolish.” Cain brushed off his idle threat. “And you won’t. Besides, do you honestly think Saturn had no clue what was going to happen to her. She knew.”
“You lie.”
“Do I? Okay then, even if you don’t believe that then I’m sure you could not possibly believe that she indeed had the ability to bring her back from the dead.”

Jordan raised an eyebrow and the same devious smile appeared once again on Cain’s face.

“Let me guess, she told you she wasn’t able to.” Cain remarked. “Man, were you lied to big time. Makes you have to wonder why she would. Oh well, I’m sure it was for your own good.”

Cain now walked over and sat down in a chair that was by a window. Transforming into his more human form as he did so.

“And again, what the hell do you want?” Jordan asked.
“I can do what Saturn has refused to. I can bring your wife back.” Cain answered in a matter of fact tone. “And all I ask is that you bring me the Seal of your friend.”
“Forget it.” Jordan shook his head, not believing what he was hearing.
“You sure about that?”

Before Jordan could respond he found himself falling to his knees hunched over in pain. Images racing through his mind while his entire being began to glow a bright red hue.

“Now I will ask you again.” Cain calmly stated.

I opened my eyes and put my hand on my head. Feeling somewhat groggy and out of it, I sat up and looked around. I was in my cabin that much I could tell. I still was trying to put the pieces together as to what happened.

“You’re finally up.” Uriel said, walking into the room and opening the curtains. “Wondered if you would sleep forever.”
“Sleep?” I raised an eyebrow. “You knocked me out cold.”
“I did no such thing.” He lied.

I got out of bed and rubbed the back of my head a little. Still feeling a little bump where I had been hit.

“Uriel, what the hell is going on?” I questioned. “Why did you bring me here?”
“We never get to spend any time alone. Married couples need to spend more time together wouldn’t you agree?” Uriel answered.
“We’re no longer married.”
“Yes, we...”
“No, we’re not. Remember we went to Yahweh to get the annulment.”
“Minor setback. We can...”
“No, we can’t. What the hell has gotten into you?”

Before Uriel could respond Kemuel showed up within a flash of light. Which quickly died out while he folded his wings behind him.

“Kemuel, what are you doing here?” I asked, surprised to see him.
“Jordan is in trouble.” Kemuel responded, looking over at Uriel. “Isn’t that right, Uriel?”

I glared over at him and he slowly began to back away.

“What have you done?” I questioned Uriel.
“He was in the way.” Uriel argued back. “Besides you and him could never...”
“Kemuel, where is he?” I now focused my attention back to the matter at hand.
“Cain has him. There’s more though.” Kemuel replied. “His Seal it’s...Saturn you just need to get to him before Yahweh gives the order.”
“That’s right go save your little human boy toy.” Uriel retorted.

Before Uriel even knew what had hit him, he found himself on the floor wiping the blood from the side of his mouth.

“Saturn.” Kemuel said while I stood over Uriel.
“He’s all yours, Kemuel.” I answered, turning around and walking out of the room.

As soon as I left Kemuel turned his attention on Uriel with a smile appearing out of the corner of his mouth.

“Now what to do about you.” He casually remarked.

When I left my cabin, my hand started to glow it’s all familiar white hue but then something else began to happen as well. Something that made me stop dead in my tracks and look around.

“Can’t be.” I whispered under my breath.

Before I could react I found myself encircled in a ring of fire.

“You don’t want to do this.” I said, as Jordan stood on the outside of the ring of fire.
“You lied to me.” He growled.
“What the hell are you talking about?”
“You could have brought her back but you chose not to.”
“Are you kidding me? Look Cain is messing with your head.” I began to explain.

I soon felt the inside of my lungs on fire. I quickly fell to my knees trying to breathe. Michael flew out of nowhere and tackled Jordan to the ground which caused the ring of fire to die out. The others showed up and Nega was the first one to rush to my aide.

“I’m fine, Jim.” I coughed.
“Like hell you are.” He replied, helping me get back up on my feet.

Michael flew backwards and over our heads while Jordan stepped forward. His entire being glowing a darker red hue.

“What the hell?” Don remarked.
“Crap. His Seal is turning.” Azrael responded, looking over at me. “Saturn...”
“I see it.” I calmly stated, trying to get my second wind as I walked away from Nega and towards Jordan.

A devious smile crept up out of the corner of his mouth while his eyes started to go black. Which sent a shiver down my spine.

“Jordan, you don’t want to do this. Cain is just using you and chances are I know for what.” I said remaining calm.

The others tried to step in but soon came face to face with a wall of fire that separated them from Jordan and I.

“He’s blocking us out.” Preston stated.
“Really? Thanks for the update Captain Obvious.” Thief sarcastically remarked.
“Mets.” Azrael began to say.
“We can’t interfere.” Metatron interrupted. “No matter how much we want to.”
“So we let him kill Saturn. Great.”
“No, we let Saturn handle this. She knows what she’s doing.”
“Jordan, listen to me.” I tried to reason with him. “Whatever Cain promised you is a lie. He’s just using you.”
“Like you never did.” Jordan sneered.

I took a step back. Somewhat caught off guard and shocked at the same time.

“I never...” I stopped myself from finishing as I lowered my head and closed my eyes.
“Saturn.” Michael spoke up, standing a few feet away from Jordan and I.
“I‘m fine.” I let out a sigh and looked back up at Jordan. “Where’s Cain?”
“We’re not done.” Jordan growled, tackling me to the ground while his being continued to glow the darker shade of red.

Michael tried to make a move but soon found himself encircled in a ring of fire. I looked over at Michael and then at the others before looking back at Jordan.

“No, we’re done.” I flat out responded, shoving my glowing hand into his chest.

Both glows from the Seals combined caused a blinding light that spread throughout the forest. The others quickly shielded their faces from the light. When the light finally died out everyone noticed Jordan laying on the ground lifeless while I stood over him.

“You killed my brother!” Jon exclaimed in anger. “How could you? I thought...”

Don and Joe had to pull him a side to try and calm him down. I looked over at the others and none of them wanted to look at me. They did everything they could to avoid eye contact. I knew what they were thinking. They didn’t have to say a word. I knew.

“I never thought you would do it.” Cain made his presence known as he appeared out of nowhere walking towards me. “You actually killed one of your own.”
“You left me no choice.” I replied through clenched teeth.
“Well, if you want him back all you have to do is give me what I want.”

I looked up at him and a devious smile appeared on the corner of his lips.

“Come on Saturn, you know you want to.”
“You’re right. I do.”
“What are you doing!?! Michael exclaimed. “Have you lost your mind?!?”
“My god, she’s gone crazy.” Preston remarked.
“You’re making the right...” Cain started to say but was abruptly interrupted when I shoved my glowing white hand in his chest.
“You want my Seal so damn bad than by all means have it.” I growled in his ear. “Oh, and the way he isn’t dead.”

The expression on Cain’s face quickly turned to horror and fear while the glow in his chest grew brighter.

“You’re no different than your daddy.” I continued to growl.
“The same could be said about you, little Seraphim.” Cain smiled, looking down.

That’s when I felt something crawling up my arm and myself in general growing weak. Before I could make sense of it I felt someone pulling me away from Cain and whatever was trying to invade my body. Passing out in the process and in the arms of whoever had interfered.

“Sam?” Nega said in disbelief.
“GET THEM THE HELL OUT OF HERE!” He hollered, giving me to Michael before setting his sights on Cain.
“But...”
“NOW!”

So the others did as they were told. When they had reached the edge of the forest a deafening sound filled the air before dying out. Everyone assumed that Sam had probably sacrificed himself and killed Cain. Or at least that’s what they were hoping.

A few days had passed when I awoke with one hell of a headache. I sat up in bed and tried my best to shake it off.

“I could have killed you.” I heard someone speak up from the corner of my room.

I noticed Jon sitting in a chair by the window smoking a cigarette and playing with a lighter.

“No, you couldn’t have. Not even with what I gave you.” I answered flat out. “Besides, I didn’t kill your brother.”
“I know that now but when I first saw what had... Why the hell did you give me part of your Seal by the way?”

I chuckled a little while getting out of bed and stretching a bit.

“Saturn...”
“Look I’m not going to be around forever, Johnny-Boy. You know that.” I interrupted. “Your brother is going to need someone close to him that he can rely on when the time comes. Not only that but you know you will eventually be taking over as Seraphim of Death. I ,mean damn it only made sense.”
“I see.” He quietly responded.
“Besides, I got sick of bringing you back from the dead.” I sarcastically remarked. “I thought hell why not cut the middle man out and let you bring yourself back especially considering I’m pretty sure you have already beaten Lazarus’s record.”

Jon laughed a little as I left the room. Michael casually appeared next to me while I headed for Jordan’s office.

“Well, Yahweh opened the Gates up as soon as Cain was...” Michael began to say. “By the way, how are you doing?”
“I’m fine.” I answered. “Did Sam...”
“No.”

I stopped for a minute before continuing to walk on.

“So you’re going to have a chat with Jordan?” Michael changed the subject.
“You could say that.” I flatly answered.
“Yea, well good luck with that. Ever since he woke up he hasn’t said one word to anyone.”

I walked into Jordan’s office and closed the door behind me. Jordan was sitting behind his desk going through some emails on his laptop. He finally looked up when I had taken a seat in front of the desk. Neither of us saying a word as we stared at one another.

“So get it over. Yell at me.” Jordan said, breaking the silence.
“I’m not going to yell.” I calmly answered.
“Wait, why not?”
“Because whatever I say won’t compare to the hell you have been putting yourself through.”
“Saturn, I didn’t mean...”
“I know. Honestly, I don’t blame you however you should know by now if I could I would have brought her back. It just doesn’t work that way.”
“Yea, I know. It’s just...”
“You don’t have to explain. You forget I have been where you are many times. Too many to count actually.”
“Wow.” He remarked, sitting back in his chair. “I about killed you and you’re still willing to forgive.”
“How many times do I have to tell you Richie-Rich. You can’t kill Death.” I sarcastically stated with a smile.

Just then Azrael appeared in the chair next to me. Calmly whistling an all familiar tune to my ears while he did so.

“Az, what the hell?” I said, shooting him a look.
“Have either of you seen the news recently?” He asked.

Jordan and I both looked at each other puzzled.

“You might just want to.” He calmly continued on.

At the same time, Phoenix came busting into the room. Almost out of breath and getting ready to collapse.

“You.. have... got to... come...see.... this...” She said, trying to catch her second wind.

Jordan, Azrael and I, headed downstairs to where the others were gathered around the T.V. watching a live news feed from Washington D.C. which soon cut to another country and then another and another.

“What the hell is going on?” Jordan asked.

That’s when I saw a glimpse of Uriel and, Cain and, then another face I thought I’d never see again.

“That’s him.” Azrael spoke up, noticing the expression on my face. “He’s back.”
“Saturn?” Ven started to ask.
“I have to go.” I responded, heading for the door.

Jordan quickly stepped in front of me. Stopping me from reaching the doorway.

“Move.” I sneered.
“You can’t go after them. Not like this.”
“He’s right.” Metatron spoke up, appearing within a flash of light. “Yahweh does not want you going after them. Not yet.”
“If they’re not stopped than...” I began to argue.
“I know but it would be suicide to try and attempt anything right now.”
“So what I do nothing?”
“No, you make sure you and the others stay out of sight for awhile.”
“Why?” I questioned, with a puzzled look.
“They are creating a team to hunt you and the others down.” Metatron explained. “They are trying to get every country to pass a law that would...”
“Would what?”
“Hunt and exterminate those who possess special abilities.”
“Which means?” Leysa interrupted.
“Which means anyone who isn’t categorized as a normal human will be killed.”
“Oh my god.”

I looked back over at the T.V. and then at Jordan.

“What do you want to do?” He asked.

I lowered my head and closed my eyes. Letting out a sigh as I felt a headache coming on. I knew whatever I decided was not going to be an easy call to make. And that from here on out things were only going to get worse. This was truly the beginning of the end.

THE END???

LadySaturn
Ruler of Saturn
Tag line: Poet Laureate Nov 2011

Re: POETRY FAMILIA 19

Post by LadySaturn » Sun Apr 30, 2017 4:35 pm

Here's the music list for Poetry Familia 19:
1. Imagine Dragons- "Dream"
2. Linkin Park- "Powerless", "Final Masquerade"
3. Skylar Grey- "Cannonball"
4. 30 Seconds to Mars- "Alibi"
5. Panic! at the Disco- "Emperor's New Clothes"
6. SnineDown- "State of my Head", "Thick as Thieves", "Oblivion"
7. Bastille- "Hangin", "Power"
8. Finger Eleven- "Come on, Oblivion", "Not Going to be Afraid"
9. Goo Goo Dolls- "Alive", "The Pin", "Over and Over"
10. Twenty One Pilots- "Trees", "Truce"
11. Sully Erna- "Sinner's Prayer"
12, The Fray- "Hurricane"

heinzs
The Fat Cat
Tag line: Do no harm

Re: POETRY FAMILIA 19

Post by heinzs » Mon May 01, 2017 12:14 pm

:cool: as always! :hearts:
An' it harm none, do what ye will. Blessed Be.
My Poet's Page Archive | Topics I've started

Return to “Prose, Stories, Roleplays, Story Poems and Epics”