POETRY FAMILIA 14

A place to enjoy the interactive sport of Roleplay exercises, post your prose, short stories, story poems, prose poems and epics. This forum does not autoprune

Moderators: LadySaturn, Spazway, moonflower

LadySaturn
Ruler of Saturn
Tag line: Poet Laureate Nov 2011

POETRY FAMILIA 14

Post by LadySaturn » Sat Apr 25, 2009 11:20 pm

POETRY FAMILIA 14

So it’s been awhile and to be honest I’ve actually missed writing about the Familia. You should know things have changed since the last time. Berls finally finished the last of the business with the new Familia home. Meaning we were able to move out of Jordan’s house. Well everyone except yours truly. After all that had happened, I didn’t feel comfortable leaving Richie-Rich alone. I figured if something was going to happen like let’s say Cain appearing out of nowhere, then I wanted to be there just in case. Berls and the rest of the Familia understood where I was coming from. Almost everyone. The Texan tried to voice his opinion about the situation but it fell on deaf ears as usual. Uriel also didn’t care for the idea either and I could tell it bothered him somewhat. But I had more important things on my mind to deal with.

It was around one in the morning and I just had laid down to go to sleep when my cell phone went off. Now usually the only time I get a call late at night is when the Westie Boys are in trouble with the law. Either for public intoxication or fighting. However, this wasn’t one of those times. I recognized the number because I had seen it on Richie-Rich’s phone many times before. What puzzled me is why this person would be calling me. Unless of course something was wrong with Richie-Rich and last I knew he was sound asleep in his room.

“What?” I answered my phone, not in the best of moods.
“Saturn?” Jon asked.
“What do you want?”
“I need to talk to you.”
“So talk.”
“Not over the phone. I need to see you in person.”
“Dude, seriously if you’re trying to....”
“Saturn, this is important. It has something to do with your past.”

I didn’t respond at first. Honestly, I didn’t know what to say. I thought after going through everything I had overcome my past. I should have know better. I mean hell with a closet full of skeletons, anything and everything could appear out of nowhere when it comes to my past.

“Saturn?” Jon asked, snapping me out of my thoughts.
“Where do you want to meet?” I calmly responded.

Ven and Berls were now locking the house up as the last of the Familia members went to bed. Everyone had a busy day of unpacking and organizing and Berls couldn’t stop from yawning. Ven walked by the empty room that was suppose to be mine and let out a sigh.

“It’s not the same.” She said under her breath. “She should be here with the Familia.”
“You know why she stayed.” Berls spoke up, over hearing Ven.
“But he’s a grown man . . . ” Ven began to protest.
“True. But you know Saturn.”
“Yea, I do. She still shouldn’t stay though. He has a Seal, he can take care . . . ”
“Ven, she cares. And if it was one of us, she’d do the same thing. You and I both know that. She just wants to be sure he’s safe.”
“I guess.” Ven shrugged her shoulders. “It just doesn’t feel the same without her here.”
“I know.” Berls assured her. “But she’ll come home eventually.”

I now sat down on the park bench waiting for Jon while trying to stay warm from the chilly night air. Of all the places to meet, good old Johnny boy wanted to meet in a park. Mind you it’s the middle of winter. And I sort of wished that he had picked some place out of the cold to meet so I wouldn’t freeze to death. I lit up a cigar and began to smoke as I continued to wait. I knew whatever he had to tell me must be important because to call me in the middle of the night was a death wish on his part.

“About damn time you showed.” I said, noticing Jon sitting down next to me out of the corner of my eye.
“Wait, how did you . . . ? I was quiet as a mouse.” He replied.
“Even mice make noise. That and your scent gave you away.”

Jon looked at me somewhat puzzled before it finally hit him.

“I forgot you have that feral thing.” He said, as a smile appeared out of the corner of his mouth.
“Yea, so what do you want to talk about?” I got to the point.
“You don’t like me, do you?” Jon asked, noticing my attitude.
“You tell me. After all you thought the Angel of Death was a cute little blonde.”
“I was kidding.”
“Uh huh.”

Jon looked over at me with a raised eyebrow as I continued to smoke my cigar.

“Wait, I didn’t step on your toes did I?” He asked.
“If you had, you would’ve been picking yourself up off the ground.” I calmly stated.
“Then I hurt your feelings . . . ”
“I don’t feel.”
“Funny, that’s not what I heard.” Jon remarked, with a sly grin. “I heard you care about people close to you. My sources also tell me that you have some certain feelings for my brother.”
“Your sources are wrong.” I flat out denied.
“Really. Well, from what I’ve seen my sources may not be to far from the truth.” Jon calmly pointed out.
“It’s not what you think.”
“So you don’t want my brother?”
“Um, no.”
“Sure about that?”
“Positive.”
“Huh. Could have fooled me with the way you act around him.”
“With the way I what?” I looked at Jon like he had lost his mind, not believing what I was hearing.
“Look, I’m just saying . . . ” Jon noticed the look I was giving him.
“I know what you’re saying and if I were you I wouldn’t start opening doors unless I knew what was on the other side.” I warned him.

Jon looked at me for a minute before lowering his head and letting out a chuckle.

“What’s so damn funny?” I sneered.
“Nothing.” He answered. “Look, the reason I called you here is because I have a friend who happens to be an archeologist and well she found something . . . Hold on.”

He started to dig around in the backpack he brought only to produce a scroll a few seconds later. Handing it over to me as he set the backpack aside. I unrolled the scroll and began noticing a few things.

“She couldn’t make out the writing let alone the symbols.” He continued.
“It’s Angelic Script.” I responded, still reading it. “It’s the language that angels use in Heaven to communicate with one another. If written upside down though then the message comes from Hell. No human could be able to read let alone understand this.”

That’s when I noticed a word written in Aramaic. It stuck out like a sore thumb next to another word.

“My friend was able to translate that word however.” Jon spoke up, seeing the look on my face. “That’s why I called you. She says it’s the word for Saturn. Is it true?”
“Yea.” I tried to answer as my voice almost broke.
“What is it?”
“It’s a list of those who escaped the Abyss.”
“Hold on, didn’t you spend time in the Abyss?”

I raised an eyebrow as I looked over at Jon. Somewhat curious as to how he knew.

“Jordan told me.” He responded, knowing what I was going to ask.
“I see. Yea, I did.” I went back to looking at the scroll.
“So that has to be your name on the list. Am I right?”
“No, it isn’t.”
“Then whose...?”
“You can open portals to other worlds, right?”
“Yea, why?”
“Because I need a favor.”

Heinzs a.k.a. Pops was reading in the study when Gabriel showed up out of nowhere. Pops could tell something was wrong before Gabriel even said a word. He you could say had a feeling.

“It’s Saturn, isn’t it?” He asked Gabriel.
“Yea, but how did you...?” Michael seemed puzzled.
“I know her, Michael. Nothing with her surprises me.”
“Well, this might.”

Pops raised an eyebrow as he stared at Gabriel for a minute. Setting his book down and getting to his feet while he did so.

“I’ll get the Familia.” He said in a rather calm manner as he headed for the door.

Jon pulled into his driveway. Sitting in his car, thoughts ran through his mind. Like how he was going to tell his brother along with the others why I was missing. He knew that whatever happened he couldn’t tell them the truth. After all, he had promised not to. Jon finally got out of his car and headed into his house. As soon as he turned on the living room lights he saw his brother sitting in a chair in the corner of the room. While Joe, Azrael and the Westie Boys stood around in the room. All eyes were on him and he had a feeling why they had shown up.

“Where is she?” Jordan asked.
“Wait, how did you guys...?” Jon began to say.
“Az saw her leaving.” Sam spoke up. “And your brother found your number on her phone. So where is she?”
“I don’t know.” Jon flat out lied.

Preston’s hand began to glow. Everyone now looked at Jon. Getting somewhat impatient with him.

“He’s lying.” The Texan said while his hand continued to glow.
“I know he is.” Jordan responded calmly, sensing Jon’s fear. “What I want to know is why he would call her to begin with? So Jon why?”

Jon lowered his head and let out a sigh as he closed his eyes.

“She got to you didn’t she?” Jordan asked, noticing the emotion on Jon’s face.
“I owe her.” He answered.
“You don’t owe her anything.”
“She saved your ass. I owe her.”
“Damn it Jon, what is going on?”
“I was given something that I thought she’d be interested in.”
“What was it exactly?” Nega questioned.
“I can’t say. I promised I wouldn’t....” Jon replied.
“Spill it.” Jordan now demanded to know.

Jon knew that none of them was willing to drop this. He also knew that these guys had my back no matter what and if I was in any danger they’d want to know. Which made him begin to wonder exactly what kind of person I was in order to make grown men such as these guys want to watch my back.

“Her father made a majority of us promise to protect her.” Azrael spoke up, reading his mind. “You have to understand, we are only honoring her father’s wishes and looking out for a good friend as well. If she’s in trouble we need to know.”

Jon looked over at Jordan who now sat there quietly but none the less staring at him. Jon didn’t even have to ask him. He knew that his brother had made the same kind of promise. He didn’t know how he knew but he knew none the same.

“Jon, please. Where is she?” Gordy asked.
“She’s looking for her brother.” Jon let out a sigh while lowering his head.
“Her brother is dead. How can she...?” E.T. shook his head in disbelief.
“What have you done?” Azrael stared Jon down.
“It wasn’t me. There was this scroll....” Jon began to say.
“Which you shouldn’t have shown her.”

Everyone now focused their attention on Azrael. He knew he would have to explain but he really didn’t want to. This was one secret he wished had stayed buried.

“What do you know?” Jordan questioned Azrael.
“Lucy didn’t kill Saturn’s brother.” Azrael responded, feeling a headache coming on. “He kidnaped the boy and raised him as one of his own.”
“So wait, would that mean that Cain is....” Jay jumped to conclusions.
“No.” Azrael shook his head. “His name.... Well, he’s changed his name. He calls himself Titan.”
“You mean after one of Saturn’s moons?” Bags spoke up. “Why would he...? Ah, got it.”
“Yea, and there’s more.”
“Really? I thought that was it.”
“Funny but no. Lucy decided to create a Seal of his own and give it to Titan. That way, Titan could hunt down the Seven Seal carriers for good old Lucy.” Azrael replied, remembering the days he had confronted Titan. “The Seal he carries is just as powerful as Saturn’s. If she was ever told and they had met, there’s no doubt he would have killed her.”
“So why was his name on a list of demons who escaped the Abyss?” Jon brought up.
“Because like Saturn, Titan eventually turned on Lucy. But not for good. Titan wanted to be in control of Hell. Lucy of course had him thrown in the Abyss for it. What Lucy forgot to do was take away the Seal which allowed Titan to escape.”
“Still doesn’t explain the list.”
“Actually, I can explain that.” Uriel appeared out of nowhere, folding his wings behind him.

Jordan looked over at Uriel out of the corner of his eye while Preston grumbled under his breath. Uriel just ignored the both of them.

“Wow, how come I have a feeling a few people here want to beat the crap out of Uriel.” Jay remarked.
“Jay.” Bags said, shaking his head.
“So what do you know about this list?” Nega questioned Uriel.
“I know more than any of you.” Uriel grinned.
“If you’re trying to be smart. This isn’t the group to be smart with.”
“Actually, he isn’t.” Jordan spoke up. “Part of his job is to hunt down the demons that escape from the Abyss. And the list is a way of keeping track, am I right?”
“How did you know...?” Uriel began to ask.
“Saturn probably told him.” Preston rolled his eyes. “She tells him everything.”
“She doesn’t tell me everything.” Jordan growled.
“That’s right, what she doesn’t tell you, you just go and read in her journal.”
“Screw you.”
“So why was the list buried in the desert?” Jon questioned Uriel, trying to get back on topic. Also knowing if he didn’t, his brother would have thrown the Texan out the front window.
“I know why.” Azrael spoke up, smiling a little.

Uriel just lowered his head and let out a sigh. The fact that him and I were married at one point seems to be something that Azrael won’t let him forget. Not that he would but Azrael always makes sure just in case.

“He buried the list because not only did he no longer want the job but also because he didn’t want to hurt Saturn. Seeing as they were married at the time that he was doing what he was doing.”
“Enough, Az.” Uriel warned, clenching his teeth.
“So did Saturn ever tell you she felt the same way about you? Or was that a one way road?” Azrael remarked.
“Funny, by the way I’m surprised no one has found your list in the desert. Remind me again, why you quit?” Uriel pointed out.

Azrael shut up after that. Just staring Uriel down the whole time.

“It goes both ways.” Uriel crossed his arms with a smug look.
“Wait, there’s more than one list?” Nega said, sounding somewhat confused.
“Yea. A new list for every angel that replaces the one that quits.” Uriel answered.
“I don’t understand why not just use the same list?”
“Because it’s always being updated.”
“Then why not just give the old one back?”

Uriel looked over at Azrael. Neither one wanted to tell the others but they knew that sooner or later they would have to.

“Because once an angel quits that job, they have to bury the list.” Azrael finally replied. “They aren’t allowed to give it back to God.”
“Why not?” Drew interrupted. “I mean if God created the list....”
“That’s just it. Once He creates something it can’t be returned. No matter what it is.”
“Why?”
“If things could be returned, humans would be trading in their lives everyday for new ones.” Uriel retorted. “There are reasons for laws in Heaven and if you humans only knew.... Just know God has his reasons. And some of those reasons can’t be explained to you humans.”
“So is Saturn’s brother on the new list?” Sam asked.

Azrael and Uriel looked at each other again.

“Actually.” Azrael said. “God decided to leave his name off the new list. Again, to protect Saturn of course.”
“So where did she go, Jon?” Jordan asked in a rather calm demeanor.
“Let me guess, she probably went to the Abyss to look for answers.” Uriel spoke up. “Which she shouldn’t have considering....”
“She didn’t go the Abyss.” Jon interrupted, clenching his fist. “She went home.”
“Home? You mean she’s at the house....” Bags started to reply.
“No. She went home.”

That’s when everyone caught on to what Jon meant by “home”.

“Impossible.” Azrael shook his head in disbelief. “Before she died, she put up barriers. She changed the atmosphere. She changed the weather....”
“She found out what God did.” Uriel laughed a little. “Good old Saturn.”

Uriel lit up a cigar and began to smoke while everyone looked at him like he had lost his mind.

“God never took away her control over the elements.” He continued, knowing what they were thinking. “He just hid it within her Seal. It seems though, she found out. Which is pretty obvious considering her Seal is that of Conquering and Destruction.”
“So wait, she’s actually on the planet?” Drew asked.
“Yea.” Azrael answered.
“Cool.”
“No, not cool. If Titan is on the planet then Saturn is in trouble.”
“But her Seal has grown....”
“So has his.”
“We need to find her.” Nega said, not wanting to imagine what would happen if Titan found me.
“We can’t. She’s on another planet.” Preston retorted. “If we step foot on Saturn, we’d die from the lack of air.”
“Actually,” Uriel interrupted “You wouldn’t.”

Back at the Poetry home, Gabriel had just finished telling the Familia what Azrael and Uriel had told the boys. No one knew what to say. They were surprised at what they had been told. The fact that my brother was alive all this time and carried a Seal boggled their minds. The fact that I was also looking for him didn’t help matters any. They knew they had to do something to help but they didn’t know what. Berls phone went off. Breaking the silence that had filled the room. She went into the other room to answer it as the others began to talk amongst themselves until she returned.

“Berls, what is it?” Buttters asked, noticing the look on her face.
“That was E.T. The boys are going to find Saturn.” Berls replied. “And we should do the same.”
“But....”
“She’s family. We need to help her no matter what.”

I now walked the grounds of my home planet. Looking around at what appeared to be nothing but a wasteland. Having flashbacks of the war played in my head and the smell of death filled my lungs once more. I didn’t even want to be there, let alone stand on the grounds. And I had thought a long time ago that I never would be. I was once again proven wrong. A beeping sound had snapped me out of my thoughts as I looked up and saw one of NASA’s infamous satellites taking pictures of my planet.

“Cute.” I growled, as I raised my hand and blasted the satellite out of the sky.

It landed a few feet away and I walked over. Unsheathing my claws, I sliced through the satellite. Causing it’s signal and everything in it to die out. Something told me the boys at NASA would be running around in a panic but I could care less. They needed to learn to respect the dead and stay away from my planet. Sacred grounds are just that. Sacred. Then again, I never expected humans to understand. Well maybe one. But that’s only because he’s read my journal. Anyway, humans can’t even take care of what God has given them. How could they even comprehend let alone understand that something is sacred. I now continued to walk on. Looking around for any fragments left of the war but knowing chances were next to nothing of finding anything. I had to try though. Something just told me my brother was part of that war. It was just something I couldn’t remember. And even if he wasn’t, Lucy would have still left a clue of some sort. I walked for what seemed like hours only to have my feral senses pick up on something not so ordinary. Something that carried the scent of a demon but not quite a demon itself. I quickly hunt down the source of the scent and came face to face with someone who had apparently been waiting for me. He looked familiar almost identical to my father with the chiseled looks. He had green eyes and short dirty blonde hair and wore a uniform I had once wore back in the days when I was in the Saturn army. There was one thing that did stand out the most. He didn’t have wings like an angel or even a demon but more like that of a dragon. The bones of the wings were covered by what looked like human flesh that had been stretched out. He stood there looking at me with a devious smile. Which if anything did scare me a little.

“Who the hell are you?” I growled in a demanding tone. “And why are you on my planet?”
“Funny, I was going to ask you the same thing.” The stranger continued to deviously smile.
“Wait, you’re my...?” It started to dawn on me who he was.
“I’m you’re what?” He stopped himself, when he realized who I was. “You’re my sister?”
“Yea. So little bro, you’re suppose to be dead? Why aren’t you?” I raised an eyebrow.
“Lucy kidnaped me and raised me as one of his own. He also tried to turn me against you.” He began to explain. “He didn’t count on me finding out the truth. He also didn’t count on his plans backfiring in his face.”
“Huh. Yea but you got sent to the Abyss for it didn’t you?” I questioned.

He looked at me for a minute like he was surprised I knew.

“Your name was on the list.” I said, reading his mind.
“I see.” He calmly responded. “You should know I no longer go by that name.”
“Then what do you call yourself?”
“Titan.”
“Ah, after the moon. Clever.”
“I thought so. So tell me sis, do you really carry the First Seal our father once did?”
“Yea.”
“Meaning you also carry the royal title I assume. Considering what supposedly happened to me.”
“You’re not getting either.” I growled a little, knowing he was up to something but not exactly sure what it was.
“I don’t want either. I just want your word that neither you or those other Seal carriers won’t try to stop me from killing God.”
“Why would you want to kill God?”
“Because he destroyed our family.”
“Um, no. Lucy did.”
“True, but if He hadn’t created Lucy....”
“Do you know how crazy you sound.” I tried to make sense of it. “You can’t honestly be serious about this?”
“I am.” Titan flat out replied. “And I don’t need you or any of those other Seal carriers interfering in my plans. I need your word.”
“I can’t.” I clenched my fists. “I will defend God and all He’s created until my last dying breath. I’ve pledge my life to that promise. And I will not stand by and just let anyone destroy or kill God or what He’s created. So don’t ask me to.”
“You’re a fool then.” Titan sneered, as his being began to glow a very dark aura. The blackest of black. “Just like the old man.”

Before I could respond I was blasted across the wasteland. Landing a hundred feet away.

“What a shame.” Titan sarcastically remarked with a snicker.

He turned around and walked away. Whistling a tune as he did so. Ten minutes earlier, the others had showed up on Saturn looking for yours truly. What they saw blew their minds. All the ideas and pictures they had in their heads didn’t prepare them for what they were seeing. A total wasteland with little evidence of a war that had once been. There were still little signs of it though. You just had to look hard enough to see it.

“She’s close.” Jordan sniffed the air, picking up on my scent. “And she isn’t alone.”
“It’s probably Titan.”Gabriel responded, looking around.

That’s when he noticed something sticking out of the ground. He went over and bent down to pick it up. When he realized what it was he quickly dropped it.

“Gabs, what is it?” Ven asked.
“We have to get off this area.” He answered.
“But why...?”
“Look, we just have to. This is sacred ground and we’re violating it by standing here.”

Just then Joe’s whole being began to glow a bright blue hue as a rush of pain over came him. What he saw next could have drove anyone to the brink of insanity.

“What the hell?” Bags uttered. “What’s happening?”
“He’s seeing the dead.” Azrael calmly replied.
“Wait, he can see the dead?” Dena said, sounding a little too excited.
“Not like you can, princess. He doesn’t see them as little illuminations of light. He can’t even communicate with them.”Azrael explained. “Only witnessed how they died. Sort of like a history lesson.”
“But how...?”
“His Seal is not only the cause of but also of death. The greatest tragedies that have brought death he sees. Just as easily as his Seal could bring death to others it can also show the carrier the dead itself.”
“Holy crap.” Duchess shook her head in disbelief.

The blue hue surrounding Joe’s being quickly died out while he tried to shake off what he saw. But finding it hard to do so.

“Joe, are you okay?” Phoenix asked, sounding worried.
“Let’s just go.” He muttered, walking away.
“Damn Yankees, you’re all nuts.” Preston remarked.
“Watch yourself, Texan.” Bags warned, noticing the looks Preston was getting. “You might be bargaining for more than you can handle.”
“Please what could these Yanks do to me?” Preston scoffed. “I carry a Seal.”
“Um, so do a few of the Yanks as you call them.” Leysa pointed out.
“Big deal. I still could take these Yanks on.”
“Uh, some of your Westie brothers are Yanks.”
“True, but I’m not talking about them. I’m talking about those three.” He nodded over at Jordan, Jon and, Joe.
“Are you serious?” Ven interrupted, getting sick of hearing him run his mouth. “Saturn is in trouble and now you decide you want to pick a fight.”
“Uh...” Buttters tried to say, noticing something in the sky.
“What is wrong with you?” Ven continued to chew out Preston. “I swear you’ve lost your mind.”
“Um...” Buttters tried to say again, watching something hit the ground.

The ground beneath everyone soon began to shake and rumble for a second before dying out.

“What the hell was that?!?” Nega exclaimed.
“That was Saturn.” Buttters answered, pointing over to where I had landed.

The others quickly rushed to my aid. Jordan was of course the first one to reach me before anyone else. And what he saw stunned him. It looked as though a meteor had crashed into the ground as smoke rose up from the scorched circle that surrounded my body. He checked my pulse and breathed a silent sigh of relief when he felt a faint heartbeat.

“Is she...?” Gilly was scared to ask.
“No, she’s still alive.” He answered as he picked me up and held me in his arms. “But we have to get her home.”

Uriel made a move to take me away from Jordan but he gave Uriel a look that caused him to back off.

“She’s my wife.” Uriel calmly pointed out.
“She was your wife.” Jordan corrected him, letting out a low growl. “Besides for someone whose shown up to the game a little damn late. You have no say what so ever.”
“That’s what you think.”
“That’s what I know.”
“Why you pathetic....” Uriel started to snarl.
“Don’t.” Azrael got in between Uriel and Jordan. Stopping Uriel from making any attempt. “Remember he’s human, Uriel. You can’t lay a finger on him.”
“I’m not going to let him talk to me like that.” Uriel argued.
“You’re going to have to. Besides, if Saturn saw you two fighting you know it would break her heart. That and she’d have my butt for not breaking you two up.”
“Az....”
“Uriel, please. I have my wife mad at me right now. I don’t need to have another woman after me as well. Especially Saturn.”
“Fine.” Uriel gave up. “But take note, I’m doing it for Saturn.”
“I know.”
“Good. Now that’s settled, Jon...” Val began to say.
“Already done.” He responded, creating a portal home.

As quickly as the portal had opened however it closed twice as fast. Leaving the others to stand around and scratch their heads.

“Um, what gives Johnny-Boy?” Phoenix asked.
“Isn’t me.” Jon replied, trying again but to no avail. “What the hell?”
“It’s him.” Azrael spoke up, picking up on Titan’s presence. “He wants us to stay.”
“Who...? What are you talking about?” E.T. sounded confused.
“Titan.” Jay answered, picking up on his presence as well. “He’s watching us as we speak.”
“Really? So if I gave him a finger would he see it?” Nega remarked.
“Jimmy!” Berls shook her head in disapproval.
“Hey, I didn’t say which one.”
“Um guys.” Tom interrupted. “We have company.”

In the distance, Titan and an army of demons behind him walked towards the others. They didn’t seem to be in any hurry and it looked as though some were laughing at the Familia. Calling them nothing but mere and weak humans. Around the same time, Michael and an army of angels appeared out of nowhere. Blocking Titan and his army from getting any closer to the Familia.

“Mikey, what’s going on?” Uriel asked.
“God sent the boys and I here to hold off Titan and his army.” Michael replied. “So you guys can go home.”
“But....”
“He wants you to get Saturn out of here.”
“But....”
“Uriel, we have to.” Gabriel interrupted, looking over at me as I laid lifeless in Jordan’s arms. “We have to get her as far away from Titan as possible.”
“Jon, I think you know what to do.” Michael said.
“I tried before...” Jon began to explain.
“Try again.”

So he did. And this time the portal stayed open as the others rushed into it. Michael and the army of angels turned on Titan and the demons.

“Get ready boys!” Michael exclaimed, unsheathing his sword and spreading out his wings.

Jordan was the last one through the portal and right before it closed he glanced back and saw the weather quickly changing. He looked down at me as a smile appeared out of the corner of my mouth.

“I’ll be damned.” He said, under his breath.

Titan and Michael now clashed with one another while the demons and angels fought amongst each other. It started to look similar to a war that had once took place on the same grounds. And for a minute, Michael felt himself having a flashback to that day but he shook it off.

“You can’t stop me.” Titan snarled. “I’ll defeat you.”
“I don’t think so, boy.” Michael retorted. “Look around, the weather is changing.”
“So?”
“So you’ll die before you even get the chance to kill me.”

Titan knew he was right and called off his army. A second later, Titan and his army vanished into thin air. Michael and the boys watched without so much as moving a muscle. Granted, they could have gone after them but at that moment there was no point to do so. Michael began to look around, the flashbacks coming back once more to haunt his mind.

“Michael?” One of the angels asked, noticing the expression on his face.
“We should have done more.” Michael said out of the clear blue.
“It made no sense going after them.”
“I’m not talking about them.”
“Oh.”
“Let’s get out of here.” Michael shook his head, ignoring the worried looks.

An hour later, Jordan was sitting by my bedside. Waiting for yours truly to wake up. Uriel who had now snuck into the room, couldn’t help but watch from within the shadows of the room. Jordan of course picked up on his scent but could care less that he was there.

“So are you going to ask me?” Uriel finally broke the silence.
“Ask you what?” Jordan responded.
“What happened between Saturn and I.”
“I already know. You got married because she was trying to help you out with something And then you two went your separate ways after you were out of whatever mess you had been in.”
“Wow, you actually remember that?” Uriel laughed nervously. “And all this time I thought humans had a lack of....”
“Of what?” Jordan growled.
“Nothing. Look, you only know part of it. All the first half of what you said was true the second part not so much.” Uriel not lit up a cigar and began to smoke. “It’s true that after about a year, I was out of the situation I had gotten into to but as for Saturn and I.... Let’s just say there was a choice of staying married and she pretty much didn’t want to.”
“And let me guess, you wanted to.” Jordan bluntly responded.
“Well yea. Any man would be crazy not to. I mean spend time with that pretty little thing and you’ll find yourself falling.... Come to think of it, you’ve spent time with her. Lord knows, you’re around her everyday.” Uriel remarked. “So are you?”
“Am I what?”
“Falling for her?
“She’s a friend. That’s it.”
“Huh.” Uriel chuckled a little.
“What’s so funny?” Jordan sneered.
“Nothing really. It’s just I use to say the same thing.”

Michael showed up before Jordan could say another word. He had overhead the conversation and decided it would be best to intrude before a fight broke out.

“So what have I missed?” He asked, noticing that Uriel was getting under Jordan’s skin.
“Nothing.” Jordan answered, trying to ignore Uriel. “Did you take care of Titan?”
“Nope. The atmosphere kind of changed and well they ran. So how’s Saturn?”
“Still out of it.”
“So I take it we’re going to ignore the fact I was having a talk with Jordan.” Uriel interrupted.
“Uriel, whatever conversation you were having just drop it.” Michael strongly advised.
“Actually kind of hard to, Mikey. Considering it was about Saturn oh and I don’t know that human over there.”
“Uriel, don’t start man.”
“Why Mikey? I mean come on it’s so obvious what’s going on with those two. Yet, no one wants to talk about it except me. Why is that?”
“Maybe because everyone realizes that they just have a friendship and nothing more.”
“Really? Could have fooled me.”
“Jealous much.” Michael retorted. “Look, Saturn will never be in love with you. So get over it, Uriel.”
“He’s human though. Why would she...?”
“I swear to the Almighty. Either drop it Uriel or else.” Michael said, trying not to lose it.
“Fine. I’ve got better things to do anyway.” Uriel vanished in thin air.
“Unbelievable.” Michael said under his breath, shaking his head at the way Uriel was acting.
“So do you know where Titan is?” Jordan asked, changing the subject.
“No.” Michael shrugged. “I’ve got a few of my people trying to find out for me though.”

Just then Phoenix ran into the room. Almost out of breath with a look of fear on her face.

“Phoenix, what is it?” Michael asked, sounding concerned.
“It’s... It’s....” She tried to answer, turning my T.V. on and trying to find a channel.

When she found the news she left it. Titan’s face soon appeared as a camera man zoomed in on him and his army of demons terrorizing all of downtown Boston. People were running away in fear of what he’ll do next. He just stood there with a devious grin and blood on his hands.

“Great. Just what we need.” Michael sarcastically remarked, hearing me wake up.

Jordan and Phoenix noticed as well. Phoenix quickly turned the T.V. off so I wouldn’t see.

“What the...?” I began to say, feeling somewhat groggy. “How did I...?”
“We found you.” Jordan bluntly replied.
“Wait, how did you...?”
“Jon told us where you were.”
“Well, so much for trusting Johnny-Boy on keeping his mouth shut.” I grumbled.
“Hey, if he hadn’t you would have been dead.” Jordan pointed out.
“You don’t know that.”
“You’re right I don’t.”
“How were you able to get on Saturn anyway?”
“The same way you did.”
“You shouldn’t have.” I now got out of bed. “I can take care of myself.”
“So lying unconscious on the ground is all part of taking care of yourself then?” Jordan remarked.

I just let out a low growl in response. Berls and Pops around this time entered my room. They wanted to see if Phoenix had told Jordan and Michael about Titan. However, they quickly decided not to say anything when they saw I was up. The others were downstairs watching the news on the T.V. and Pops shut my door so I couldn’t hear.

“Saturn, you’re up.” Berls said, sounding a little surprised.

Something in her voice was off. Like she was hiding a secret of some sort. I looked over at Michael and he looked away. Which raised even more red flags in my mind.

“What’s going on?” I asked, looking back at Berls and Pops.
“Nothing. What makes you ask that?” Berls now sounded even more off.
“It’s about Titan, isn’t it?”

They both didn’t want to say it and they didn’t have to look at each other without knowing what the other was thinking. That’s when my feral hearing kicked in and I could over hear the news on the T.V. downstairs.

“Phoenix.” I said.
“Yes, Saturn?” She answered.
“Turn the T.V. on.”
“But...”
“Do it. Now.”

So she did. Images of Titan appeared on the screen while he continued to terrorize and kill more innocent people.

“So that’s his plan.” I sighed, lowering my head.
“Saturn?” Berls looked worried. “Are you okay?”
“Why wasn’t I told, Michael?” I asked, looking over at him out of the corner of my eye.
“About what?” He tried to play dumb.
“You know what.”
“Saturn doll, you don’t understand. He’s more powerful than you. If you were told you would have gotten yourself killed. God didn’t want that.”
“And now?”
“You can’t fight him. There’s no way you’d be able to stop him. Look, maybe you should let the others take care of this.”
“He’s my brother.” I growled. “Therefore, he’s my problem. No one else’s. Besides, if you think I don’t stand a chance what the hell makes you so sure they will?”
“She’s got you there.” Phoenix spoke up.

Jordan coughed. Acting like he wasn’t the least bit amused by my temper. He had seen it so many times before it no longer phased him.

“You have something to say.” I snapped at him, noticing the smug look on his face.
“No.” He calmly replied.

I unsheathed my claws as I left without saying another word. I was determined to go after my brother and not have anyone get in my way. After all like I said before, he was my problem.

“What the hell was that?!?” Phoenix exclaimed, turning on Jordan. “Why didn’t you stop her?”
“I learned long ago not to argue with a temperamental woman.” He answered, still in a calm manner.

Continue on down...
Last edited by LadySaturn on Fri Dec 18, 2009 1:39 pm, edited 3 times in total.

LadySaturn
Ruler of Saturn

Re: POETRY FAMILIA 14

Post by LadySaturn » Sat Apr 25, 2009 11:21 pm

continued...

“Ah, grasshopper has surpassed the teacher.” Michael remarked.
“But she’ll get herself killed.” Phoenix pointed out.
“No, she won’t.” Jordan sat back in his seat.
“How can you be sure of that?”
“Because she won’t get near her brother.”
“What?” Berls raised an eyebrow, confused a little.
“Look out the window.” Jordan responded.

So Berls, Pops and Phoenix did while Michael remained seated. He had a feeling what Jordan had done. I now walked down the driveway when out of nowhere I suddenly disappeared within a flash of light. Jon headed over to where I had been and looked up at Berls, Pops and, Phoenix.

“What have you done?” Michael questioned Jordan.
“She’s safe.” He replied.
“Where is she?”
“Somewhere.”
“Where?”
“Look, we need to....”
“Can you guys leave us alone for a minute?” Michael said to Pops, Berls and, Phoenix.
“Yea sure.” Pops answered. “Come on girls, the boys need to talk.”

As soon as they left, Michael turned his attention back on Jordan.

“You can’t protect her from everything.” Michael calmly stated. “I even learned that.”
“So what then let her get killed?” Jordan argued. “I did what I had to. Besides, you said yourself she couldn’t fight Titan.”
“True, but I wouldn’t have had my brother send her to another place to keep her out of harm’s way either.”
“Yea, but.... you don’t understand.”
“You’re kidding, right?” Michael raised an eyebrow. “I’ve just oh I don’t know traveled with the woman over the centuries. Think of her as a little sister and still try my hardest not to be overprotective even though I made the same promise you did to her father to look out for his little girl. Yet, you’re right I don’t understand. Come on Richie-Rich, who do you think you’re fooling?”

Jordan just let out a low growl and all Michael could do was shake his head a little in response.

“Sorry.” Michael continued, as a smile appeared out of the corner of his mouth. “I forget you only let Saturn call you that. Go figure, you and Uriel aren’t that different after all.”
“So what now?” Jordan changed the subject.
“Well, now we have to fight Titan. At least until Saturn gets back.” Michael answered, getting to his feet. “And when she does, I really don’t want to be you.”
“She’ll understand I only did it because I care about her as a friend.”
“Uh huh. You just keep telling yourself that when she tears you a new one. And she will.”

I was standing in the middle of what seemed to be the Antarctica. Miles and miles of snow and ice. No signs of human life what so ever. I had a feeling who had sent me here and of course who had put him up to it. I also had an idea as to why it was done. Was I happy about it was a whole other matter.

“Damn.” I lowered my head, letting out a sigh as I searched my jacket pocket for a lighter and a cigar.

I lit up the cigar and put the lighter away. Smoking as I continued to sit on the ice and contemplate a few things. Like how I was getting home for one. Metatron showed up around this time. Landing on his feet while folding his wings behind him. He cleared his throat trying to get my attention. I just ignored him.

“So what are you thinking?” He asked.
“How I’m gonna ring Richie-Rich’s neck for this.” I sharply responded.
“I see. So then you’re not going to help them?”
“Don’t know how. Seeing as I’ve got sent miles and miles away.”
“Saturn.”
“Hey, if Richie-Rich thinks he’s a big enough boy to handle it. Then so be it. Which reminds me is Ariel around?”
“Yea, why?”
“No reason. I just have something I need her to do.” I said with a sly smile.
“What are you up to, little Seraphim?” Metatron crossed his arms.
“Nothing.” I continued to smile.

Meanwhile in downtown Boston, Jordan and the others were getting their rears handed to them by Titan and his army so to speak. Funny thing is they really didn’t have a plan. Just went in fighting. Which is one thing that I’ve learned over the years that you don’t do. Spaz now stood face to face with Titan. Putting her life on the line as she protected some innocent kids from Titan’s wrath. Titan deviously grinned at her pathetic attempt to stop him. Before he could even attack Spaz however, Jon phased through her and knocked Titan to the ground. Titan quickly got to his feet and wiped the blood from the side of his mouth on his sleeve.

“Big mistake, mortal.” He snarled, grabbing Jon by his neck and lifting him off his feet.

Titan’s hand began to glow as a devious grin appeared on his face once again. The grin soon faded away when he heard the sound of something being unsheathed. He had an idea who it was. Jordan stood a few feet behind him with a set of claws pointed directly at him. Titan let go of Jon. Laughing somewhat as he did so.

“You’ll catch your death, Seal carrier.” Titan said, keeping his back turned.
“How did you...?” Jordan began to ask in a growl.
“My Seal was created with a little bit of what each of your Seals carries. Except for the Seventh one. Lucy couldn’t quite figure that one out.” Titan explained. “Anyway, my Seal like the fifth one can find and identify other carriers. Even the ones like your son and Athena carry.”
“You leave them alone.” Isis warned, speaking up.
“Oh don’t worry. I have no interest in them. Not now anyway.” Titan continued to deviously grin. “However, I just might need their parts of the Seventh Seal to go to heaven and see the look on God’s face after I’ve killed every human. I’d also like to see the look on my sister’s face when she realizes she has failed... Speaking of which where is she?”
“Safe.” Jordan continued to growl, as he kept his claws pointed at Titan. “And far the hell away from you.”
“I see. Then I take it you plan on stopping me?” Titan now faced Jordan.
“You could say that.”
“You’ll die.”
“So you think.”
“No, I know.” Titan’s being began to glow the dark aura it had before. “You’re out of your league here, human. If I were you I’d walk away.”
“Can’t do that.” Jordan responded, as his being started to glow a red hue. “Actually, I won’t.”
“Whoa, Seal fight.” Duchess remarked.

Before a fight could even break out. A bolt of lightning flew out of the sky and landed in between Jordan and Titan. Causing the ground to shake beneath their feet for a split second until finally dying out. After that the sound of heels clicking on the cement could be heard as someone approached.

“Saturn?” Ven said, rasing an eyebrow.
“Uh Saturn doesn’t wear heels.” Jeannie pointed out.
“Then who is it?”
“I know who it is.” Azrael smiled a little.
“Who?”
“The angel with the new list. The Seraphim of Love and Peace. And also my wife.”
“Wait Az, Ariel has the list?” Michael sounded surprised.
“Yea.”
“Well thanks for telling us, bro. Keeping any other secrets we need to know about?”
“Why would she be here though? I thought Titan was no longer on the list.” Pops spoke up.
“You’re right. He isn’t.” Ariel replied, stepping out of the shadows as she walked closer to everyone.

The Texan couldn’t help but check her out and he wasn’t the only guy doing so. She was a petite blonde hair, blue-eyed angel with a sweet innocent glow about her. The kind of angel humans would think of when describing such a being. Case in point, Johnny-boy’s idea of what an angel should be. No matter how naive or narrow minded it sounds. But don’t let her looks fool you, folks. Under neath the exterior she’s a woman not to be reckoned with. She doesn’t take crap from anyone not even dear old Az. She also happens to be a dear friend of mine and I’ve known her as long as I’ve known Az. Which is pretty much all my life.

“Watch yourself, guys.” Az warned, noticing the stares she was getting. “That’s my wife.”
“Az, no offense.” Gordy answered. “But your wife is....”
“I know. Believe me, I know. Trust me though, live with her and you’d be singing a different tune.”

Ariel gave Az the “look” out of the corner of her eye. And he decided to shut up from that point on. The last thing he wanted to do was get on her bad side considering that they had just gotten over a fight.

“So what brings you here, Ariel?” Gabriel asked.
“Saturn asked me to keep on eye on things until she got back.”Ariel responded, now standing before Jordan and Titan. “Make sure that none of you get hurt by Titan or the other way around.”
“Titan just killed innocent people. He needs to be stopped.” E.T. argued. “Why would she...?”
“He’s still Saturn’s brother. We need to respect that.”
“Look lady, I don’t know what planet you fell from but around here we handle things differently.” Drew remarked.
“Wrong thing to say.” Az said under his breath, as he lowered his head and shook it.

Ariel walked over to Drew. She stood face to face with him noticing that he wasn’t afraid of her by no meanings. Which meant he was either stupid or didn’t really know who she was or what she was capable of.

“If you weren’t part of the Familia that Saturn cares about. You’d be dead.” She stared Drew down.
“Blah, blah, blah.” He rolled his eyes. “What could you possibly....”

Drew wasn’t even allowed to finish his sentence when a lightning bolt flew out of the sky again. Hitting him dead on and causing him to fly backwards and hit the ground. Ariel turned her attention back on the others while Dena rushed over to see if Drew was okay.

“Is he...?” Gilly was afraid to ask.
“Don’t worry.” Ariel assured her. “I didn’t kill him. I have rules to follow like everyone else.”
“You’re an angel. You can’t just go...” Bags began to say but got interrupted by Tom who covered his mouth.
“Their God’s creatures.” Tom responded, uncovering Bags mouth. “They can do what they please as long as God allows it.”
“Put those away.” Ariel now said to Jordan, pointing at his claws as she walked by. “Of course unless you want to be the one to tell Saturn that you killed her brother.”
“He almost killed her.” Jordan growled.
“And he’ll be punished for it. Now put them away.”

Jordan stood there for a minute before sheathing his claws and letting the red glow die out. But still making sure to keep an eye on Titan.

“Pathetic.” Titan sneered. “Humans are such a weak breed. Letting their morals and emotions get the best of them. Their biggest downfall if you ask me.”
“Apparently you forget where you come from.” Gabriel remarked. “As I recall there was a civilization just like mankind that was similar in more ways than one.”
“I never belonged to that species. I was raised by the fires of Hell.” Titan argued.
“True, but the blood of that species still runs in your veins. You can’t deny where you originally come from nor can you ignore it.”
“I can damn well try.”
“Really? Well then if you choose to why are you seeking supposed revenge for your family?”

Titan took a step back. Surprised somewhat that Gabriel knew of his plans.

“You think and He knows. You speak and He knows. You do and He knows.” Gabriel said flat out. “And I hate to tell you this, my friend. But you’ll fail.”

Fed up with Gabriel running his mouth, Titan went after him. Only to end up being knocked on his rear. Gabs hadn’t lifted a finger but was somehow able to defend himself. Titan quickly got back on his feet and tried to go after Gabriel again. The sky around this time grew dark which caused Titan to stop dead in his tracks.

“What the hell?” Nega remarked, looking up.

The sun soon became eclipsed as the moon blocked it. Which in turn caused a blinding white glow to light up the sky. The ground beneath everyone’s feet started to shake and split open. Swallowing Titan’s army in the process while doing so. After the last of Titan’s army was gone, the eclipse ended and the sun came out.

“Impossible.” Michael whispered under his breath. “She doesn’t have the ability on earth to... Unless...”
“Unless what?” Jay asked, overhearing.
“Nothing.”
“It wasn’t Saturn.” Uriel spoke up.
“Then who...?” Michael began to question.
“You know as well as I do who.”
“Yea, but why would...?”
“Because he’s pissed.” I interrupted, showing up out of nowhere with Metatron walking next to me as I smoked a cigar.
“You’re suppose to be in Antarctica.” Dena said, giggling. “I mean that’s where Richie-Rich had Jon send you.”
“So I figured.” I responded, looking over at Jordan out of the corner of my eye.
“What?” He asked, crossing his arms.

I just ignored him. Shaking my head a little while I focused my attention on Titan.

“So little brother, it seems your plan failed.”
“No, it hasn’t.” Titan sneered. “I’ve only just begun.”
“Good Lord, no one can possibly be this stupid.” Leysa rolled her eyes in disgust. “He doesn’t even have an army.”
“He doesn’t need one.” Azrael kept a sharp eye on Titan. “You forget he has a powerful weapon within himself.”
“So you figured out my plan?” Titan asked me.
“Yea.” I answered, continuing to smoke my cigar. “Not very original considering a few demons before you have tried.”
“Not to the extent as I though.” Titan deviously grinned.
“Um yea, okay.” I raised an eyebrow. “Any who, someone should have told you bro. That well trying to kill God indirectly by killing off what He’s created and cares for never works. It just pisses Him off.”
“Wait, how would killing off what God has created and care for kill God?” Tom asked, somewhat confused.
“There’s this silly little rumor in hell that if you kill off the one thing God loves and cares about most, which is humans, than it will emotionally destroy God to the point that He dies of heartache.” Ariel explained. “Which is of course absurd. Considering one God can’t die and two even though God is forgiving of humans who take other’s lives. Not so easy to do but He still does. He’s not so forgiving of demons killing humans. If anything He gets....”
“Pissed.” Nega said flat out before Ariel could finish.
“I wouldn’t say it like that but yea.”

Titan now took the opportunity to charge after me, getting ready to attack. I didn’t make a move. Just stood there smoking my cigar in a calm manner. Jordan quickly blocked Titan’s attack by standing in front of me. Holding his claws out at Titan as his hand began to glow a red hue.

“I can handle this, Richie-Rich.” I said still in a calm manner.
“I’m not letting him get near you.” Jordan growled in response, not keeping his eyes off of Titan.
“Huh. Go figure.” I remarked, sensing his temper. “Some thing tells me it’s your turn to be sent to Antarctica to cool off.”

Metatron chuckled a little. Knowing exactly what I was talking about.

“Saturn....” Berls tried to interrupt but I held up my hand. Preventing her from doing so.
“Jordan, please.” I said, putting the cigar out on the ground. “I can handle this.”
“I can’t let you fight him.” Jordan responded, still growling as he continued to stare at Titan. “He’ll kill you.”
“Oh, is that all?” I sarcastically remarked. “Have we forgotten I’m the Seraphim of Death. I can’t die.”
“Damn it, Saturn.”
“Jordan, he’s my brother. Please.”

Titan couldn’t help but raise an eyebrow as he noticed how protective Jordan was. And then he said something that made everyone take a step away from Jordan.

“Funny, how you’re so protective of my sister but when it came to your wife....” Titan began to say.

Before Titan knew what hit him, he was getting the crap beat out of him by Jordan.

“Damn.” I sighed, lowering my head.
“Saturn.” Gabriel said.
“Drew.” I responded, giving him the look out of the corner of my eye.
“On it.” Drew answered, holding his hand up as he stopped time.

Which in turn prevented Jordan from taking another swing at Titan.

“Ven.” I said.

She nodded in response. Using her telekinesis to move Jordan away from Titan. I now walked over to where Titan was laying on the ground and placed my hand on his forehead. My hand started to glow a white hue and Titan’s eyes slowly shut. I took my hand off his forehead and just lowered my head again, letting out another sigh.

“What did you do?” Duchess asked.
“He’s sleeping.” I answered. “We’re going to take him home.”
“What?!?” Preston exclaimed. “Have you lost your mind? He’ll kill you not to mention us.”
“No he won’t.” I calmly replied.
“What makes you so sure of that?”
“There’s a lot of things Gesu taught me when I was traveling with him. One of those things was that there’s good as well as bad in everyone and that everyone deserves a second chance no matter what they’ve done. I’m trying to give him that second chance. Don’t ruin it, Texan.”
“But....”
“Let it go, Preston.” Tom spoke up. “She needs to do this.”
“Look doll, I understand he’s your brother but this is nuts.” Azrael interrupted.
“Az, don’t.” I warned.
“Don’t what? It’s okay that you’re trying to apply what you’ve been taught by Gesu but do you know how crazy you sound?”
“And remember before they called you insane, they called me the same.” I bluntly responded.
“Who said that?” Gilly asked.
“Gesu.” I answered.
“That was never in the Bible.” E.T pointed out.
“Not every quote of His was.” I now walked over to where Ven had set Jordan down.
“You know he isn’t going to be thrilled by the idea.” Jay said.
“I know.”
“So what are you going to do?”
“Drew, is there anyway you can start up time again without unfreezing him?” I questioned.
“No. I can’t. Sorry.” Drew shrugged his shoulders.
“It’s okay. I’ll just have Johnny-Boy over there help me with plan B.”
“Plan B?” Bags scratched his head. “Wait, you don’t mean....”
“I think it’s time Richie-Rich went some place to cool off for a bit.” I said with a sly grin. “Some place cold.”
“Uh, yea.” Michael responded, not liking the sound of it one bit. “How come I have a feeling we’ll be hearing about this later.”

An hour later, Jordan woke up in the middle of a snow covered wasteland known as Antarctica. He had an idea as to how he got there.

“SATURN!” He roared, clenching his fists.
“She can’t hear you.” Michael spoke up, appearing out of nowhere and handing Jordan a coat. “Here. She didn’t want you to freeze by the way.”
“Why did she...?”
“She said you needed to cool off.”
“Huh. And what about Titan?”
“He’s being taken care of.” Michael assured him. “You’re lucky she only sent you somewhere to cool off. Most people would have gotten their neck broken by her.”
“Hey, he said....”
“I know what was said. You have to remember though Saturn asked you not to attack her brother.”Michael pointed out. “And you did anyway.”
“Still....”
“Jordan please, I’m asking you to understand that this isn’t an easy time for Saturn right now. She’s torn between doing what’s right and saving her brother.” Michael explained. “I mean put yourself in her shoes, what would you do if Titan was Jon?”

Jordan stared at Michaell for a minute. Realizing that he had indeed screwed up by attacking Titan the way he did.

“Damn.” He cursed under his breath, lowering his head somewhat.

I now sat in a chair next to my bed as Titan continued to sleep. I had him restrained with chains because I knew he could easily break through rope. This way I had a split second to react if need be.

“You can’t save him.” Uriel spoke up, hiding within the shadows of the room. “He’s too far gone to even consider saving.”
“Or so you think.” I calmly stated.
“I just don’t want you to get your hopes up.”
“There not.”
“Could have fooled me. You forget I know you better than anyone else.”
“Or so you think.” I said again.

Uriel raised an eyebrow. Noticing the smile appearing out of the corner of my mouth.

“What could he possibly know that I don’t?” Uriel scoffed, lighting up a cigar as he smoked it. “He’s human, for God’s sake.”
“Well, according to the busted lock on my journal. A lot.” I continued to smile.
“Yea, but didn’t you tell me the Westie Boys were reading your journal as well.”
“The one I planted, yes. Richie-Rich however was able to find my real one and read it. Actually, I think he kept it for awhile because I could never find it.” I thought about it for a second. “But it’s more than just the journals.”
“What could...?”
“He’s been digging into my past. Asking people I know a bunch of questions and basically trying to figure out the puzzle with the pieces he has.” I interrupted Uriel.
“How do you know this?”
“I just do.”
“Saturn.”
“More than one person has told me what’s he’s been up to. That’s why....”
“Why what?”
“I have to distance myself from him.” I let out a sigh, lowering my head as I closed my eyes. “I can’t let him get too close.”
“But you already have, doll. You just don’t know it.” Uriel laughed a little.
“No, I haven’t.”
“Beg to differ. But then again, you’ve never let anyone get close to you. So I can see why you wouldn’t notice.”
“And you wonder why I didn’t stay married to you.” I bluntly retorted.
“Actually as of now I’m still wondering why you wouldn’t let me....” Uriel tried to say.
“Wouldn’t let you what?”
“Nothing. Forget it.”
“No, tell me. I’m curious to know how I could stop you from doing anything.”
“Look, I don’t want to fight about this.” Uriel felt a headache coming on.
“Too late.” I snapped at him.
“Fine. If you must know, we’ve never made... That is....”
“Spit it out.”
“While we were married we never....”
“Damn it, Uriel.” I interrupted, knowing what he was going to say. “I never thought of us like that. You were just a friend who needed someone to help him out. That’s it.”
“Um, as I recall there was a time when you fell for me.”
“Or so you thought.”
“Yea, and now you’re acting the same way with that human as you once did with me. Go figure.” Uriel remarked. “However, there is one difference.”
“And that would be?” I asked.
“You’ve let your guard down with him. You’re not as tough with him as you are with everyone else. Then again, that’s what happens when you let someone get close.”
“Look, I’m just as....” I began to argue.
“No, you’re not.”
“You know what, drop it.”
“Fine. I just thought....”
“Uriel.” I warned in a low growl.
“Okay.” He put his hands up in defense. “I’ll drop it.”

My phone around this time went off and I quickly answered it. I wanted to do anything but talk to Uriel more about Richie-Rich. Bags was on the other end and anything but happy. It seems there was a problem down at the Pub. The reason he called me is well because he had a feeling I was the only one the “problem” would listen to. After I had gotten off the phone, I told Uriel to keep an eye on my brother while I headed down to the Pub. It didn’t take me long to get there and when I did walk through the front door, I could tell the Westie Boys for once were glad to see me. Usually they’d cry and whine because I would bust their chops but not this time. No, this time someone else was the problem. He had picked a fight with the Westies and had won. Which was a total surprise to me. It also seemed that this certain someone had busted one of the front windows to the Pub as well. Which was another clear indication of a fight. A fight the Westies had lost. Which again, still surprises me.

“Where is he?” I asked Bags, who was behind the bar.

Bags pointed over towards a dark corner of the Pub where he was sitting in a booth and nursing his drink. I walked over and sat down across from him.

“I would expect this from Richie-Rich.” I calmly stated as I lit up a cigar. “Not from you.”

He didn’t respond. Just continued to drink from his glass a little at a time. I saw that his hand was wrapped up in a bar towel and I couldn’t help but look over at the busted window and then back at him.

“Busting windows and starting fights with my Westie Boys is no way to solve any problems. It just causes more.” I said, smoking my cigar.
“I saw it.” Joe finally replied.
“Saw what?”
“The war on Saturn. My Seal... it showed me things.”
“Huh. Well, you’re Seal is after all that of Death....”
“I saw you die.”

I fell silent. I didn’t know how to react. Granted, I had died during the war but I always tried to block that part out of my mind. Funny thing is, every time I tried to regain a memory I wanted, that part would always pop up. Thus the reason for my nightmares.

“I died once. You know that.” I shook it off.
“Yea, well knowing and seeing are two different things.” Joe said, taking another drink from his glass.

I raised an eyebrow as I stared at Joe for a minute. It never really did occur to me how someone would have viewed my death. Then again, I never thought anyone really would. Let alone be shown the hell that went on during the war on Saturn.

“I’m sorry.” I said, lowering my head as I let out a sigh. “No one deserves to see that.... mess.”

Joe sat back a little in his seat as he looked at me somewhat surprised.

“What?” I asked, noticing the expression on his face.
“Nothing.” He shook his head.
“Joe, if you have something to say then say it.”
“It’s nothing just that.... It’s ironic that the Seraphim of Death is apologizing. Which you shouldn’t be doing by the way considering it’s not your fault.”
“Yea, well some would disagree with you.”
“Can I ask you something?” Joe now set his drink aside.
“What?” I replied.
“Those nightmares you have do they feel real? Like you’re re-living it over and over again?”
“Yea.”
“Man, how do you keep yourself from going insane?”
“To be honest, I don’t know.” I shrugged my shoulders a little. “I do know this however, trying to drown it out with booze doesn’t work. Believe me, I’ve tried. Lord knows I’ve tried.”

I now looked over again at the busted window and saw that Gilly was cleaning up the broken glass on the floor.

“So you gonna pay for that?” I asked, changing the subject.
“Yea, as soon as I can get in contact with the owner.” Joe deviously grinned, knowing who the owner was exactly. “I might have to find some other method of payment seeing as I don’t have cash on me.”
“Hold on, I didn’t turn my phone up loud enough so your wife could here.” I sarcastically remarked.
“I was talking about renting Jordan out to... but hey, if you’re not interested.”
“So I should tell your wife to make funeral arrangements for you, is that what you’re saying?”
“Good one.”
“Don’t screw with me, Irish boy. I deal with the Westies time and time again. Dealing with anyone besides them is a walk in the freaking park.”

Duchess ran into the Pub around this time. Out of breath and with the look of fear on her face.

“Saturn... it’s Titan... he’s up...” She tried to say, catching her breath.
“Crap.” I said, getting to my feet with Joe following my lead.
“There’s more.” Duchess continued. “Jordan is well... he’s back.”

I stopped dead in my tracks and looked over at Joe out of the corner of my eye.

“Hey, I’m not the one who sent him to Antarctica.” Joe backed away a little in defense.
“The house is also....” Duchess began to say. “It’s being torn apart.”
“Great.” I growled, unsheathing my claws as I headed for the door.

It didn’t take us long to get back to the house. Bags and the others from the Pub had followed behind Joe and I. I was hoping that neither Titan nor Jordan would end up killing the other one until I got there. But after the crack that Titan made about Richie-Rich’s wife, he probably was getting his butt handed to him. Can I blame Richie-Rich for wanting to beat the crap out of Titan? No. But I couldn’t let it happen either. I mean Titan is after all my brother. When I went to open the front door to the house it literally fell off it’s hinges and landed on the floor with a thud. I was the first to walk in and see the house had been torn up and that a few of the Familia members were hurt. Those who weren’t were attending to those who were and all the while I looked around for Titan and Jordan.

“They're not here, doll.” Michael said, walking towards me.
“What happened?” Joe asked.
“Pure hell.” Ven tried to describe it. “Titan woke up and all hell just broke out. And if Jordan hadn’t shown up when he did, we’d all be dead.”
“Speaking of which, I wonder how he got back so fast?” I now looked over at Michael.
“Come on, sis. You didn’t spend that much time there.” Michael explained. “It would have been unfair if you had him do so.”
“Yea. We’ll talk later. Where are they now?”
“Jordan thought it would be best if him and Titan fought somewhere else.” Pops interrupted. “Somewhere safe so no one else got hurt. And Jon helped him making that possible but not before....”
“Before what?”
“Saturn he got hurt.”
“How bad?” I questioned, raising an eyebrow.
“Real bad.” Pops flat out answered. “Spaz is upstairs taking care of him.”

I went upstairs without saying another word. I entered Jordan’s room to find Spaz sitting on the bedside and wiping away the blood from Jon’s face as he laid unconscious on the bed.

“Saturn.” I heard Uriel say from behind me.
“Not now.” I growled, entering the room.

Spaz looked up at me and a weary smile crossed her face.

“How’s he doing?” I asked.
“He’s alive. Thank God.” Spaz replied. “It might take some time for him to come around though. I mean he did get caught in the middle of the crossfire.”
“Wait, then he should be dead.” Uriel stated. “Any human can’t survive one Seal’s power attack let alone two.”
“Yea, well he did.” Spaz turned on Uriel. “Which means he’s not just any human.”
“Why so defensive? Don’t tell me you like him?” Uriel began to laugh. “That’s rich.”
“Uriel.” I warned in a low growl.
“No, she....”
“ENOUGH!” I roared, shaking the walls to the house.
“Whoa.” Gordy remarked. “Earthquake?”
“No, Saturn just lost her temper.” Azrael replied. “And I probably know with who.”

Uriel took a step back as he saw the anger on my face. He kept his mouth shut after that and didn’t say another word. I turned around and left. Punching my fist into the wall next to the door while walking out. Leaving a good size hole in it.

“What’s going on?” Berls said, noticing my behavior as I stormed out the front door.
“She just realized she can’t save Titan.” Michael answered.

I walked down the driveway, unsheathing my claws as I did so and sniffing the air for both Titan’s and Richie-Rich’s scents. Evil filth and cheap cologne couldn’t be too hard to pick up on. I was about to make my way across the street when a portal opened up in front of me and Titan walked towards me dragging something behind him with one hand. He threw it at my feet. Deviously grinning as he did so. What he threw was the lifeless body of Richie-Rich. I checked to see if he was breathing. And when I couldn’t find anything, my heart began to sink.

“I told you anyone gets in my way and they’ll die.” Titan said. “He got in my way.”
“You forget one thing, bro.” I smiled a little. “I’m the Seraphim of Death. I can bring him back from the dead.”
“No, you can’t. You do and you’d lose your status in Heaven as Seraphim.”
“So.” I shrugged it off.
“Wait, you’d be willing to risk all you have to bring him back. Why? Why would you do it for a human?”
“Because I made a promise long ago to protect all God has built and created and that includes life. Gesu died so others could live. And I’ll be damned if I’m going let a spoiled Saturnite child try to destroy that because he wants to throw a fit.” I calmly stated.
“God destroyed our family. If He hadn’t created Lucifer....”
“But He did so get over it. Besides, as I recall God sent a lot of his angels to fight in that war on Saturn. And a few of them died.”
“What’s your point?”
“My point, little bro. Is that not only did our own people die, our own family but angels as well. God also lost what He cared about that day too.”

Joe and a few of the Familia members now came out of the house to see Titan and yours truly standing in the middle of the street.

“I’m still going to kill God.” Titan snarled.
“Fine. If you’re serious about it then kill me.” I stretched my arms out.
“What?”
“My Seal is part of God. You kill me, you kill Him in some sense.”
“Saturn have you lost your damn mind?” Phoenix shouted.
“Nope, perfectly fine.” I sarcastically responded. “Thanks for asking.”

Titan stood there. Trying to contemplate in his mind if killing me could actually work.

“What are you waiting for?” I growled. “Do it.”
“But....”
“KILL ME!” I roared.

Titan charged after me. His entire being glowing that all too familiar dark aura. I stood still until he was an inch away from me. That’s when a bright blinding white light exploded out of nowhere. Lighting up the entire street and spreading out to every corner of the earth. The light quickly faded and everyone could see me standing there with something in my hand. Titan stepped back realizing that I had pulled something out of his chest. When I opened my hand a pile of black dust blew into the wind.

“What the hell was that?” Joe asked.
“Titan’s Seal.” Azrael answered, appearing out of nowhere. “She destroyed it.”

I took a couple of steps only to end up passing out. Titan all the while ran off scared. Not knowing who he was or what had happened. Richie-Rich around this time started to come to and began to cough up blood. The others rushed to both his aid and mine.

“Get them both to the house.” Azrael ordered.
“What just freaking happened?” Phoenix demanded to know.
“Saturn used every ounce of what she had to, to do what she did. Let’s just leave it at that.” Azrael answered.

A few days later, I woke up in my bed. Gasping for air as I came to. Both Uriel and Jordan had stayed in my room. Arguing with one another off and on about the normal stuff. I just so happened to wake up during one of those arguments.

“You two are worse than a freaking married couple.” I sarcastically remarked, still feeling groggy.
“How are you feeling?” Jordan asked.
“Like crap. Thanks for asking, Richie-Rich. How’s Jon?”
“He’s up.”
“And how the hell did you come back from the dead? I sure didn’t bring you back.”
“I figured out your little trick.” Jordan smiled some.
“Trick? What in....?”
“I know how to turn my healing factor on and off.”
“So wait, you weren’t really dead?”
“Nope. Just sleeping.”
“I’ll be...”
“You could have killed yourself with what you pulled.” Uriel spoke up, talking to me.
“I know.” I crawled out of bed, feeling sick to my stomach. “Hold on to that thought.”

I raced to the bathroom, closing the door behind me as I got physically sick in the toilet.

“Surprise, surprise.” Uriel remarked, shaking his head while crossing his arms.
“Leave her alone.” Jordan warned, in a low growl. “She’s been through enough.”
“I don’t take orders from humans.” Uriel sneered.

The sound of claws being unsheathed just made Uriel smirk.

“Do you honestly think that scares me? If Saturn wasn’t alive, I’d rip you to shreds. Heavenly law or no heavenly law.”
“Uriel.” I said, coming out of the bathroom just in time to hear him say it.

He quickly looked over at me. His face going ghost white.

“If you ever did fight him.” I continued. “I’d put my money on Richie-Rich.”
“But....”
“He could kill you with his Seal. You and I both know that. So shut it.”
“I’m the greatest warrior angel there is...”
“Um, no that’s Michael. And last time I recalled you got your butt handed to you by me.” I pointed out. “And I wasn’t even a Seraphim then. So you wanna try again or are we done being egotistical?”
“Angels can’t be egotistical.” Uriel retorted.
“Doesn’t stop you though, now does it?”

Jordan laughed a little and Uriel disappeared into thin air. Grumbling a few words under his breath while he did so.

“And that’s why he’s my ex.” I remarked.
“Saturn about your brother.” Jordan brought up.
“Don’t go down that road, Richie-Rich.”
“I just want to know what happened.”
“I destroyed his Seal and probably part of him as well. And now he has amnesia for God knows how long. Enough said.”
“So you gave him a second chance?”
“Yea but not the one I wanted for him.” I let out a sigh. “I tried to save him but....”
“But what?” Jordan asked.
“He didn’t want to be saved. He was hell bent on what he wanted and there was nothing I could do but what I did.”
“And now you’re regretting it?
“I always regret what I do. I just learn to live with it.” I bluntly responded. “Now if you’ll excuse me, I’m going down to the Pub. I need a drink, badly.”
“Saturn.”
“Don’t worry, Richie-Rich. I promise to behave myself.” I headed for the door.
“Still maybe I should come with you.”
“No, I need to be alone for awhile. Besides, you’re just as bad as getting into trouble as I am”
“But....”
“I’ll be fine.”

After I left, Michael appeared next to Jordan. Jordan looked over at him out of the corner of his eye.

“She’s not fine.” Michael said. “She’s hurting.”
“I know.”
“So you’re just gonna let her....”
“She needs time alone, Mike.”
“Yea, that she does.”
“So did you find her brother?” Jordan changed the subject.
“No. It’s like he just vanished into thin air.” Michael answered. “Which is probably best if he did for everyone’s sake.”

I entered the Pub, taking a seat in the same booth that Joe had. I didn’t want to be bothered by anyone. I needed time to think. I ordered my usual Jack before heading to the booth. I maybe sat there for about five minutes before someone decided that he was going to sit across from me.

“I want to be left alone.” I calmly remarked.
“Tough.” Jon replied. “We need to talk.”
“Like hell we do. Just because you’re Richie-Rich’s brother, don’t think I won’t throw your butt across this Pub, Johnny-Boy.”

Drew now sat down next to Jon and I couldn’t help but raise an eyebrow.

“What the hell is this? A freaking get together?” I remarked.
“I need twenty bucks.” Drew replied.
“For what?”
“I just need twenty bucks.”
“Tough. I’m not your mother.”
“I know but I need it.”
“Fine” I grumbled, going into my wallet and handing Drew a twenty. “Now get lost.”
“Um since you have your wallet out....”
“Do you want to fly?” I bluntly asked.
“Um, no.” Drew answered.
“Then get lost.”

Drew took that as his cue to quickly leave. I shook my head, letting out a sigh.

“Damn Westies.” I grumbled under my breath.

That’s when I noticed Jon had stolen my drink.

“What the hell, man?” I exclaimed. “I don’t go taking anything of yours.”
“I wanted a drink.” Jon shrugged his shoulders.
“I don’t believe this. You just pulled a freaking Westie on me.”
“A what?”

Bags who was overhearing the conversation from the bar, let out a laugh.

“Forget it.” I shook my head. “What did you want to talk about?”
“Your brother.” Jon answered, lighting up a cigarette.
“Look, I told Richie-Rich I really don’t want to travel down that road. So drop it.”
“Huh. Well, if you don’t want an apology....”
“Apology for what?”
“If I would have known what your brother was like. I would have never shown you that scroll.”
“You couldn’t have known.” I bluntly responded. “And besides, even if you hadn’t, what happened still would have happened no matter what. So it’s not your fault. My brother was what he was.”
“And now?” Jon asked.
“Now he’s a human with amnesia. Who will probably one day get his memories back and come looking for me.”
“Do you think you’ll be ready to deal with him then?”
“I don’t know.”

The Texan sat down next to Jon. Staring directly at me and smiling a little. Trying to put his charm on yours truly.

“What is it, Texan?” I tried not to lose my patience.
“I heard you’re handing out money.” Preston continued to smile.
“No.”
“But....”
“I swear to God, if you don’t leave....”
“Fine. Sheesh, talk about temperamental.” Preston got up and left.

Gilly brought me another drink and I quickly snatched it up before Jon could steal it. Spaz entered the Pub all dolled up and it didn’t take Jon long to notice. I couldn’t help but snicker while she sat down next to Jon.

“Uh, I think I’ll leave you two alone.” I said, getting up and taking my drink with me.

I sat down at the bar watching the T.V. in the corner of the bar. It was on the news. I really wasn’t paying much attention to the story until something caught my eye. For a moment I thought I had seen something out of the ordinary.

“Saturn?” Bags asked, noticing the look on my face.

I didn’t respond. Joe sat down next to me and tried to order a drink until he saw the same thing I did.

“What the hell?” He said.
“It can’t be.” Tom spoke up from the other end of the bar, seeing the same.
“What is...?” Bags asked, but stopped himself when he looked up at the T.V.

Back at the Familia household, Berls and Pops were going over some Familia business when Ravyn flew in through the open window. Landing on Berls’s desk and looking straight up at her as she let out a caw. Images of what Joe, Bags, Tom and I had seen earlier began to flood Berls’s mind.

“Berlie, what is it?” Pops asked.
“It’s..” Before Berls could finish she let out a horrible scream as more images ran through her mind, causing her to eventually black out.

It didn’t take the world long before everyone noticed the all too familiar face. The one that humans had feared and still do. The same one I thought I’d never see again. I knew whatever was about to happen would test the Familia, the carriers and, myself in more ways than one....

THE END
Last edited by LadySaturn on Fri Dec 18, 2009 3:07 pm, edited 4 times in total.

LadySaturn
Ruler of Saturn

Post by LadySaturn » Sat Apr 25, 2009 11:22 pm

Music List for Poetry Familia 14:

1. The Fray- “Hundred” (Saturn and Uriel’s Theme Song), “You Found Me”
2. ShineDown- “Sound of Madness”
3. 30 Seconds to Mars- “Welcome to the Universe”, “Savior”
4. ColdPlay- “Viva La Vida” (Theme song for War on Saturn)
5. GodSmack- “No Rest For The Wicked” (Titan’s Theme Song)
6. 3 Doors Down- “My World”
7. NickelBack- “I’d Come For You”
8. Foo Fighters- “Come Alive”
9. Linkin Park- “Somewhere I Belong”
10. Staind- “Falling”
11. Within Temptation- “Stand My Ground” (Theme Song for Flashbacks of War on Saturn)
12. The Killers- “Good Night, Travel Well”
13. FlyLeaf- “There For You”

heinzs
The Fat Cat
Tag line: Do no harm

Post by heinzs » Sun Apr 26, 2009 1:38 pm

:bow:
An' it harm none, do what ye will. Blessed Be.
My Poet's Page Archive | Topics I've started

LadySaturn
Ruler of Saturn

Post by LadySaturn » Sun Apr 26, 2009 4:33 pm

Thanks Pops. :mrgreen: :computer: :book:

Tom Watson
Forever Silent Friend

Post by Tom Watson » Tue May 26, 2009 1:00 pm

:thumbsup:
Yea My Lady!! A cliff hanger...whooo hoooo!!
:cheers:
"Whispers of Love" a book of poetry expressing love of the heart and spirit is released worldwide on August 11, 2009. Visit my home page at
Books From Grace for more information or Amazon.com

LadySaturn
Ruler of Saturn

Post by LadySaturn » Tue May 26, 2009 6:44 pm

Thanks Tom.. Oh and fifteen will definitely rock. I promise. Right now though, I'm working on Westies 5 *which would explain why my credit cards keep disappearing* and Saturn Chronicles 2. Hey did you read the first Saturn Chronicles yet. I thought for sure with Gesu being in it, you would. But I never got around to reading all the comments. Hold on.. Let me check something out...

Spazway
Lost in a Dream

Post by Spazway » Sun Aug 09, 2009 9:37 am

:bow: Each chapter is even better than the one before it. You have really outdone yourself, Saturn. I can't wait for Poetry Familia 15. :bow:
If you live to be a hundred, I want to live to be a hundred minus one day so I never have to live without you. ~ A. A. Milne

LadySaturn
Ruler of Saturn

Post by LadySaturn » Tue Aug 11, 2009 8:28 pm

Well, I'm working on that too. Thanks Spaz.. By the way, my brother is pissed at the outcome of his character. I reassured him though that his character will eventually come back down the road. Oh well, can't please everyone. :devil:

Return to “Prose, Stories, Roleplays, Story Poems and Epics”