Teal

A place to enjoy the interactive sport of Roleplay exercises, post your prose, short stories, story poems, prose poems and epics. This forum does not autoprune

Moderators: LadySaturn, Spazway, moonflower

Honeythorn

Teal

Post by Honeythorn » Mon Oct 07, 2002 12:09 am

Teal slid over to the edge of the cliff side just in time to grab hold of Sara's hand. With beads of sweat appearing on Teals forhead..she began to pull Sara up. She stopped pulling. Teal realised she had the life of this girl in her hands. The girl who had made Teal's school life hell..the girl who completely humiliated Teal every time she got the chance. Teal could give up at any moment and no-one would even know, for all the times she had hit her..all the times she had thrown things at the back of Teals head in maths lessons. Teal stared down into the black..just black. She looked into Sara's eyes. She saw fear..nothing but fear. Teal began to pull again. Her hands were wet..it was hot and Teal was under preasure..her hands were sweaty, Sara's hand was sweaty and she began to slip.
"Teal, dont let me fall." Sara shouted.
"Just hold on..cant you grab onto something?"
"There is nothing..Teal im slipping."
"Sara....NO!!" Teal cried as she watched Sara slowly dissapeare into darkness. She wondered if she could have tried harder. Teal stood up and started walking back.
"Murderer!" A voice said slyly.
"What..whos there?" Teal said looking around.
"You could have saved her."
"who are you? Where are you?" Teal called.
"Im just someone who likes to come here sometimes."
"oh..do you know the way out of here?"
"Yes...i do." The little girl's voice said.
"Well..could you tell me?" Teal asked.
"Just follow the line of stalic-mights..then go left..you will see..like..a small cave thing..go in there and you'll know which way to go."
"Oh..thank you..thank you.." Teal started.
"Your just going to leave without your friend?" The girl asked.
"What? Shes gone..theres nothing i can do to help her now..shes dead."
"But..do you think you could have tried harder..helped her more?"
"No..i did everything i could..she just slipped."
"Well...if your concience is clear..you best be going..before it gets dark." The girl said.
"But..its already dark."
"It is in here..but its not outside...Go home."
"What about Sara?"
"You siad yourself..shes dead..theres nothing you can do now."
"Well..maybe I was wrong..maybe I should go and check."
Looking around her, Teal noticed a small, faded path leading down into the pitch black. She slowly walked toward it, biting her bottom lip as she went. She arrived at the path begining and looked down the sloping trail.
"Sara?" She called out hoping for any kind of response.
"Sara!" She screamed once more. Teal felt something brush past her back..like there was not enough room for someone to walk by her. She turned quickly but saw nothing. There was now an eerie feeling about the place.
"Teal." A hushed voice wispered. It was no voice she had ever heard before.
"whos there?" She said looking around her sharply.
"Teal..where are you..Im scared..where are you Teal?..come back..wait for me." a tiny voice said echoing. It was the voice of a very small child..a girl..she sounded about 4 years old. She sounded despirate, this was a voice that Teal did recognise.
"Emma..Emma where are you?" Teal screamed breaking into tears.
"Teal..wait for me. Please..dont leave me..wait for me." The voice continued.
"I wont Emma..I wont." Teal said reasuringly.
Teal made her way down the long and winding lane and in a little while, she arrived at the bottom. Looking up, she realised that there was no way that anyone would survive if they fell from that height. Yet she saw nothing at the bottom of the drop, no body, no blood, no evidence to show that Sara had ever lay upon this undisturbed layer of powder dirt. Teal stared at the floor looking confused, then up to the ledge above her.
"Teal..dont leave me please..im scared." The tiny voice said faintly.
"Where is she Emma?..Where did she go?" Teal muttered. She heard no reply, but for some reason she felt she had to go into the far corner, the utter blackness. She slowly walked across the dusty ground. She saw something laying on the floor, unable to identify it in the dark, she slowly causiously knelt down and put her hand into the lighuid. Lifting her hand and looking at what was on it, she saw that it was blood.
"Oh where are you Sara?" Teal said to herself.
"Teal!" Sara called, she was stood behind a large stalic tight, only a small part of her was in view.
"Sara?" Teal called out.
"Yes Teal?" Sara asked tonelessly.
"Sara..you..you should be dead..you fell." Teal was very confused.
"I know I fell..it kinda hurt my arm a bit." Sara said laughing.
"But Sara..its 20 feet." Teal said looking at Sara oddly, she stepped back slowly.
"Teal..whats wrong? I told you im fine..now..do you know the way out of here?"
Teal closed her eyes in disbeleif and shook her head slightly. She opened her eyes and found herself standing at the top of the legde where she had first heard her sister's voice.
She breathed out deeply and turned to walk toward the way out.
"Teal no..dont leave me..im scared..please."
"Emma no..your gone. Your not here." Teal said quietly. A tear trickled down her face as she heard a soft, faint cry, the cry of a child. The tears were coming more frequently until Teal burst into tears and started running toward the exit.
Teal arrived at the cave she had been told of and she could see the bright daylight streaming in through a large opening in the rocks. She quickly sqeezed inbetween the rocks and found herself looking over the harsh waves of the sea. There was no-where for Teal to go, she stepped away from the edge of the rocks as the dirty grey mist poured over her feet. She couldnt stop herself from letting out a ghasp of fear as she looked on. The water was rising..slowly but surely. Teal turned and tried to get back into the cave she had just came from. For some reason she found it harder to get in than she had done to get out, maybe it was the thought of freedom that drove her through it so easily..or the thought of getting away from the body that lay inside. So once again she was in the dark warmth of the cave. The silence was deadly, Teal couldnt hear anything. Not the rough sea that was just 4 feet away from her, not the sound of the fast wind blowing through the tunnels, nothing. She walked on through the rocks to the ledge that she had been laying on not so long ago. Peering over the edge she thought that maybe this was the way out. She turned to the path and slowly walked down into the darkness. With every step she took came the feeling of dismay and tragedy. The pain she felt was not her pain it was the pain of someone who she cared about deeply, so deeply that it made her heart ache. The feeling infected her lungs and she found it hard to breath - she was choking on the pain of caring!
Suddenly the aching became so intense that Teal had to stop walking. Just ten feet from the end of the path Teal's legs seemed to give way and she crumbled to the floor. She was terified and tears rolled down her cheeks. She slowly put her hands to the floor and forced herself to stand, once up she began walking again, very slowly. The pain in Teal's chest had eased a little but she still felt like the air was being sucked from her chest. She reached the bottom and looked about her, the floor was a blanket of darkness. Sara's body was no-where to be seen. Teal didn't know what was happening. all she knew was she didn't like it.

Thats all I got so far..but I add to it all the time. It's gonna be really long tho.

heinzs
The Fat Cat
Tag line: Do no harm

Teal

Post by heinzs » Tue Oct 08, 2002 12:44 pm

I liked this one... keep adding to it.

Honeythorn

Teal

Post by Honeythorn » Tue Oct 08, 2002 5:27 pm

Thank you..I will. [img]images/smiles/icon_smile.gif[/img]

Return to “Prose, Stories, Roleplays, Story Poems and Epics”