Mystery of The Darkness - Part 2 THE CAVE

A place to enjoy the interactive sport of Roleplay exercises, post your prose, short stories, story poems, prose poems and epics. This forum does not autoprune

Moderators: LadySaturn, Spazway, moonflower

Tom Watson
Forever Silent Friend

Mystery of The Darkness - Part 2 THE CAVE

Post by Tom Watson » Sat Apr 15, 2006 1:24 pm

<center>
The Cave
</center>

“Why do you fear me?” Bearrendosent asked easing himself towards Jessica, but when she took a step back he stopped.
“I don’t even trust Draga fully and I’ve known of her for years. I’m not her taste, yet I fear her,” Jessica answered, “Why should I trust you?”
“Because we believe the same things,” Bearrendosent replied, “You rely on God do you not?”
“Is that business of yours?” Jessica smarted as she crossed her arms over her chest. No longer was she untrusting or fearful of him as much as she was annoyed by him.
“You do not have to answer if you do not wish, I am only attempting to prove a point,” Bearrendosent said as politely as a dragon could.
Jessica, a bit bewildered by such immediate kindness of the beast let her arms drop to her sides again as she came closer to him, “What do you want?”
He stood there looking into the shifter's eyes.
"I wish to tell you the truth about her. But with her at the elf's heel, and soon to be on mine, we should leave follow me to a safe place and we can talk." He said as he watched Draga toy with the elf. "Will you come with me?"
The shifter looked at him, then to Draga, then back.
"I do wish to know the truth about her and you."
"Then come with me." He said as he flew up into the air. The shifter morphed and followed. Draga never even noticed them leave.
They flew to his cave, went in, lit a few torches, and started to talk.

"Draga was not always this way," the hybrid started, "she was once an elf fighting for the good of the race. We were an inseparable team on the field. Then one day we were ambushed by an enemy patrol. They left us no escape, after that battle she was never the same. She became possessed it seemed like, but I knew different. The dragon ancestry that flows in her veins became angered at the loss of the battle. It took control of her mind till it over took her mind."

"What of you? How did you come to be? And how old are you?"

"I was born in a swamp, of all places, hatched from a dragon egg. Then cast out by my mother. And I am older then you might think."
"Try me." She said.
"I was alive before Christ was born." I said calmly. "I am 2637 years old."
Her jaw dropped in disbelief.
<center>
~~~
</center>
Later that evening, Jeremiah stood outside Ann's building. He looked up, feeling her presence emanate from the loft on the top floor. He had spent the better part of the day pondering her situation. He knew the only thing she could be, but he was reluctant to reveal it to her. She may not be prepared for the consequences and responsibilities that would come along with it. But in all honesty, it was not for him to decide. She must learn at some point. And perhaps if she knew now, she might be able to help him in his quest for world salvation. Indeed, she would be the one that could help him more than anyone else. But the question was, was she prepared for what his was about to tell her? Jeremiah took a deep breath, and pressed the call-box. Ann's voice came on over the intercom.
"Hello?" she said.
"It's Jeremiah," he answered back.
"Okay," she said, "Hold on and I'll buzz you in."
The door buzzed, and Jeremiah walked inside. He pushed the button for the elevator, and waited. He didn't notice the man who snuck in behind him and waited as Jeremiah got into the elevator and rode it to the top floor. Daviid collected his thoughts for a moment. He was not sure how to approach the situation. If he simply accused Jeremiah of being an angel, he would deny it. He sat down and thought. Meanwhile, Jeremiah knocked on Ann's door. She opened it, smiling widely.
"I'm so glad you came," she said.
"It's my pleasure," Jeremiah answered.
She led him inside to a table which was already laid out. It was laid with fine china and nice silverware lain upon a silk tablecloth. Jeremiah smiled. It was nice to have a decent meal for once. In the center of the table sat a metal pan.
"I noticed you were eating vegetarian chili earlier," Ann said, "So I made vegetable lasagna."
"Thank you," Jeremiah said, "That sounds delicious."
They ate slowly, chatting about their days. After dinner, they sat down on the couch, and Ann turned on her stereo, light jazz playing softly.
"Now," she said, "Have you figured out what is different about me?"
Jeremiah sighed.
"Yes," he said.
"Is something wrong?" Ann asked.
"No," Jeremiah answered, "It's just that you may not be prepared for what I have to tell you."
"I'm ready," Ann said confidently.
"In the Bible," Jeremiah began, "Jesus goes from age 12 to 30. Why do you think that is?"
"I had never really thought about that," Ann responded, "I'm sure that if something important had happened, it would be there."
"It once was," Jeremiah said.
"What do you mean?" Ann asked.
"In the third century, a portion of the New Testament was removed from the Bible," Jeremiah answered.
"Why?" Ann asked.
"Because it contained sensitive information about Jesus’ family," he answered.
"His mother and father?"
"Brothers and sisters."
Ann sat back. She looked shocked.
"But Jesus had no siblings," she said, "Mary was a virgin."
"Mary was a virgin when she gave birth to Christ," answered Jeremiah, "But she did not remain so. Union between a married couple is not sinful."
"Even if this is true, what does if have to do with me?" she asked.
"Just this," Jeremiah said, "Ann, you are the last living relative of Jesus Christ."
Ann gaped at Jeremiah, completely silent. At that moment, a knock came at the door. Jeremiah walked over and opened it. There stood Dr. Daviid Dower.
"I'm sorry to bother you," he said, "But perhaps you can help Me."
"What is it you need?" asked Jeremiah.
The doctor spoke to Jeremiah in Aramaic.
"I seek the angel known as Jeremiah," he said.
Jeremiah stepped back, his eyes flashing. He responded in kind.
"You have found him, Daviid Dower," he said.
<center>
~~~
</center>
Overcoming her sense of shock Jessica shook her head, “Ok. Now are you ready for this?”
Bearrendosent looked puzzled, “What?”
“Ready for my real age?” Jessica laughed, “I might look young, but I assure you I am not. Merely adaptable to the times.”

“Ok,” Bearrendosent said, still confused.
“Eight hundred and thirty two years old,” Jessica said matter-of-factly, “Soon to be Eight hundred thirty three.”
Bearrendosent was silent for a moment, and then said, “How can a mere shape shifter be so old?”
“As you said when we were still at Draga’s,” Jessica grinned, “We both rely on God do we not?”
“I don’t understand this though.”

“Ok, here’s how it went down,” Jessica went on to explain this big long explanation about how God had favored her some reason, “He said I was one of His most loyal and giving people and asked if there was anything I wanted.”
“And?” Bearrendosent asked.
“And I said I would very much like to know what it was like to be an animal,” Jessica said shrugging her shoulders, “And so he gave me this gift. And by that time most of my family was gone anyway, and I had no one else to lose, so He gave me a choice of dying some day. Or keeping my life, and gift, so long as I kept with His will, and helped all that I could. Assuring me that the day I wished to leave my help would be justly rewarded. He no longer speaks to me directly, but he sends me dreams, and instincts to tell me what to do and where to go.”
<center>
~~~
</center>
The elf looked up cautiously and slowly toward Draga with a deceitful grin on his face; he smiled and released the tension on his bow, placing his arrow back in the quiver. He gave Draga a taunting grin and slide his bow onto his back, his cold dark eyes staring into hers. He took a step back to measure her up thev placed one foot on top of the boulder which she stood. Quickly and gracefully he pushrs against the boulder hard, lifting himself in the air like a rag doll, he flips backwards, landing a considerable safe distance away.

"I would be delighted to tell you why I have come here if I had known myself."

Draga beginning to get irritated with the elf’s cocky attitude responds, "I am growing impatient, I will not hesitate to gobble you down whole."

"That’s a very generous offer" he replied sarcastically and chuckled "But I must take my leave if you don't mind and by the way your fellow shape-shifter has been taken away."

He then turns away giving her a cold shoulder, as she looks back, astonished that Bearrendosent had gotten away. She begins to grow angry as he walks away grinning, unsheathing his dagger to clean out his fingernails and wave, as he wanders off into the woods.

Reaching the woods, he quickly turns around, watching to see if she was following, as he plants myself in the tallest tree watching over her.
<center>
~~~
</center>
"I see truth in your words." He told her as he sat on a large stone he placed in the cave. "So we are both older then those who now live." He laughed to him-self. "And I thought it was only Draga and I who have stood the tests of time to this day."

"Well I can say for sure that we both have been blessed."

"Yes we have. So tell me, what kind of dreams dose the Lord send you?"

She then went on to explain the types of dreams she has had and finished with the most recent dream.

"I can tell you one thing, the last dream you told me about was about me."

"Yes I can tell that now," she said, “hey I have an idea."

"What’s that?"

"Come with me and I’ll show you."
<center>
~~~
</center>
Draga snarled and leaped off the rock. Anger flaring she dived at the elf in the tree and knocked him out of the braches just before he tried to leap away. He landed on the ground and jumped up right away, bow and arrow in hand just in case he needed to defend himself. Useless, as he well knew.
"Why are you here?!" snarled Draga. "If you come only to play mere games then be gone! If you are for a decent reason maybe if you make it known no harm will befall you!" She grabbed him by the neck and shook him up a bit. Her frustration and anger was getting the best of her. "You elves may be immortal to time, but not when death befalls in the form of certain things," she said lifting him off the ground, "like me." She flexed her wings angrily and lifted into the air. High above the tree tops she flew, she flew high over the mountain top and hovered. "Now tell me, why are you here?! Give me any more of your cocky attitude and you will end up broken on the mountainside. Do not underestimate my power!" Flames licked around her mouth and in her eyes. Eyes fierce they pierced the eyes of the elves.

"Believe me dragon, I don't underestimate your power I'm quite sure of what your capable of but you surely must underestimate me with them harsh words, And like I said before if I knew I would tell you I came here following a vision of mine maybe a flashback of some sort I'm not to sure, I came here looking for some type of connection to my past. I don't suppose you would know anything about it."

Draga replies, "I'm not to sure."

"Maybe my name may spark a memory....Sarideas?"

As he spoke a dark aura flowed around him, and he loaded an arrow onto his bow just for precaution. If his name did spark a sour note with the creature he stood ready to fire.
<center>
~~~
</center>
Ann looked the man over, but stood back, she had understood everything they had said and she decided to let Jeremiah handle it. He seemed to know what he was doing.

She listened as they spoke in Aramaic and gave thought to what Jeremiah had said about her being the last living relative of Jesus Christ.

“Ann,” Jeremiah called a few minutes later jarring her from her thoughts.

“Yes,” she answered absently.

“I was wondering if we could use your loft as a meeting place for a little while, so Mr. Dower and I can talk.” Jeremiah said.

“Sure, I’ll just take Adam and,” she began then looked around, “Where is Adam?”

Jeremiah stopped talking and looked around then said, “I don’t see him, is he in the bathroom?”

Ann hurried over and looked inside, “No!”

After searching for a few minutes in some of Adam’s new hiding places they accepted the fact that the boy wasn’t in the apartment.

“Oh, Jeremiah, what am I going to do?” Ann cried, “He’s just a little boy!”

“Calm down Ann,” Jeremiah said soothingly, “He couldn’t of gone far,”

He then turned to the man, who was now standing inside the door.

“Daviid, did you see a young boy of maybe ten as you came in?” he asked.

“No, I didn’t,” the man answered, “But I offer myself to help search for him.”

“Thank you,” Ann said quietly.

“Then it’s settled, we go look for the boy,” Jeremiah said putting a comforting arm around Ann’s shoulders, she was now crying.

“But, what if we can’t find him Jeremiah?” she sobbed.

“Ann, you need to calm down,” he replied, “Getting panicked isn’t helping any, and you need your senses in perfect condition.”

Ann nodded and wiped her eyes. Taking deep breaths she tried to calm down.

“Feel better now?” Jeremiah asked.
“Yes, thank you.” Ann said then turned to the man standing uncomfortably in her loft.
“Forgive me sir, for not introducing myself,” she said, “My name is Ann Michaels,”
“It’s alright miss, my name is Daviid Dower,” he replied.

“Ok, now we know who everyone is, we should leave to find Adam,” Jeremiah said herding everyone out the door.

They took the elevator to the bottom floor and left the building and rounded the corner smack into Jessica and a strange looking companion.
Jessica and the hybrid walked down the street as people kept turning.
"This is why I don’t like the public." He said, "They make judgments on appearance before they truly know a person."
They start to turn a corner and get knocked down by three people.
"I am sorry about that." The hybrid said quickly. "We did not see you around the building."
"It is alright." The blonde haired man said in reply as he helped them up. "We did not see you either."

"Jessica what are you doing here with that thing?" The lady said helping Jessica off the ground.
"This is one of my new friends," she replied, "His name is Bearrendosent. And he is older then Christ."
"I see," she said with a little bit of doubt in her voice. Then her look went to a look of worry. Have you seen Adam?"
"No we haven’t Ann, not since this morning. Why, is something wrong?"

"He disappeared from the loft and we can't find him at all. Can you help us?" She said with despair in her voice.
Bearrendosent stepped forwards to talk. "I will gladly offer my help when it is new...."
"I wasn’t talking to you now, was I." Ann said cutting him short.

"Ann look into his heart, he means only good for Adam and you." The tall blonde haired man said.
"Alright Jeremiah, I trust what you say." She said.

"What does he look like?" Said the third man.

"It would be quicker if I knew what he smelled like. Do you have any thing of his?" Bearrendosent said with a strong sense of certainty in his voice.

"Yes, I have his stuffed dog with me." She said as she with drew a small stuffed animal from her large purse. She handed it to him and he started to smell it. He then took to the air with a powerful jump that left imprints of his feet in the pavement.

He flew over the city of Aspen as he went where the scent took him. The smell lead him to a grave yard near a river. He landed and followed the scent till he saw a small boy sitting by a grave crying.

"Are you alright?" Bearrendosent asked as he slowly approached.

"I miss my mommy and daddy." he said as he looked at the hybrid. He then came to his feet and started to back up in fear.

"It is alright I promise I will not hurt you," Bearrendosent said as he saw the fear in the boy's eyes, "I just want to help you get back to Ann."

"How do you know her?" He asked.

At that time Ann, Jessica, Jeremiah and the elderly man walked up behind Adam. When Ann saw him she ran to him and hugged hard, tears rolled out of her eyes. Bearrendosent walked to them and handed Adam the stuffed dog.

"Thank you mister." He said as he took the dog from his hands.

Adam buried his face in Ann’s shirt as tears of relief continued to roll down Ann’s cheeks, “Why did you take off like that Adam? You had me worried sick.”

“He was missing his parents,” Bearrendosent answered for Adam.

“Don’t you ever scare me like that again,” Ann said as she squatted down in front of him to look him in the eye, “If you ever want to come visit your parents’ graves I would gladly bring you.”

“I’m sorry Ann,” Adam said with a sniffle, “You were busy and I didn’t want to bother you.”

“Well, you’re here now and that’s all that matters now,” Jessica smiled sweetly as she ruffled Adam’s hair, “It’s a good thing you left that dog behind.”

“I named him Zack,” Adam grinned proudly, then nodding matter-of-factly said, “I think he’s hungry now.”

Jeremiah laughed, “Is that a hint?”

Adam’s grin widened as he nodded his head.

“I say we go get some hot chocolate and cookies,” Daviid suggested with a warm smile.

“Sounds good to me,” Jessica said, then looked at Bearrendosent with a weird look, “You’re probably not big on that sort of thing are you?”

Bearrendosent shook his head, “Not really my taste.”

“Didn’t think so,” Jessica said wrinkling her nose, “Sorry.”

“Not a problem,” Bearrendosent replied, “I have things to do anyway. I’ll see you all some other time.”

With that Bearrendosent flew off. Adam was amazed by Bearrendosent; it was well visible on the young one’s face.

“Well,” Ann said, “How about that hot chocolate?”

“Let’s go,” Adam said anxiously, “I’m… I mean Zack, is starvin’.”

Everyone let out a laugh as the headed out of the cemetery. But Jessica wondered what other things Bearrendosent had to do.
Heading back to the loft, Daviid pulled Jeremiah off to the side. "Jeremiah, we need to talk. Soon! We can go to my office space. It is private there."
Jeremiah looked into the depth of Daviid's eyes, and nodded his understanding.
Jeremiah moved up to where Ann, Jessica and Adam had walked, touching Ann's shoulder.
Turning to the touch, Ann, still smiling from finding Adam, said "Yes, Jeremiah? Oh, you aren't joining us are you?"
He looked questioningly at her briefly, and then said "No, I'm sorry but I must meet with Daviid at his office. We have something very important to discuss. Can I call you later? Maybe you can keep some hot chocolate warm for us?" She smiled and touched his arm, "I certainly will. Hurry home, uh, to the loft as soon as you can?"
Looking to her eyes, he smiled and nodded, squeezing her arm in turn.
Daviid stood on the corner, beckoning Jeremiah to hurry. When he got to Daviid's side, he was grabbed by the arm and a shadow covered him momentarily.
Daviid stood near his desk when the light returned to Jeremiah a second later. "I'm sorry I didn't warn you but I needed to get here quickly."
Jeremiah simply smiled and slowly shook his head.
"You are an Angel, are you not? I am so honored to meet you. To see one of the Lord’s chosen finally after all of these centuries can only mean one thing. It truly has started. I knew the curtain had torn but for it to have gone this far...” he stopped, lost in thought.
Jeremiah walked around the room as Daviid spoke, noticing the artifacts and scrolls on the far table. He turned to Daviid and spoke.
"Mr. Dower?" Daviid looked to him, puzzled. "What is happening?"
Daviid, still bothered by something, but not knowing what, explained, "The curtain between this world of humanity and that of magic has been torn. Thus we have the appearance of those creatures that hold magic in their blood in greater numbers. Elves, dragons, shape changers, innumerable entities of varying powers all now walking this world, making humanity the lowest on the food chain. “He walked to the windows overlooking the city. "Look out there. All of the dreams, the nightmares that flow through the minds of those people are now their reality. A reality they cannot survive. A reality created by the darkness that is finally coming to claim this world. Even this very floor I created for my work, once unseen to this world, is now visible to this world."
"Mr. Dower. You need to know something." said Jeremiah as he walked back to the window where Daviid stood.
"And you need to know something. In the past 2000 years I have been in communication with your boss. You know, with God. He speaks to me through the storms, the wind. He has told me this was to happen. I just didn't think things were so bad on this world that now would be the time."
Jeremiah watched patiently as Daviid paced the floor. "Mr. Dower.” Daviid paused in his pacing. "Dauer, you need to listen to me."
Daviid turned suddenly to face Jeremiah, pointing to him.
"You!"
<center>
~~~
</center>
Draga sighed, "Your arrow will not pierce my skin. You amuse me. Your name sounds familiar, like I should know it. From where, I don't know. I do not know who I am. All I know is that dragon blood and Elvin blood flow through me." Draga flew back down to her cave and set the elf down. "If you are done playing games, tell me why you are here. I grow weary. And please, if you can, tell me who I am!" She screamed a piercing scream, it echoed through the mountains. She set her head in her hands. At this point the elf in her appeared in her eyes. "Why is the world so cruel? I have killed so many. Yet evil still lives on. I have given all I could, yet it lives on. Help me!" and with that the elf faded in her eyes and was replaced with the fierce gaze of a dragon. She screamed again, stomach growling and took off into the afternoon sky searching for fresh meat, angry.
<center>
~~~
</center>
Jeremiah grew to an enormous size, seemingly filling the room with a bright, white light. His voice boomed, and Daviid had to cover his ears to avoid being deafened. Jeremiah spoke in Aramaic, his voice burning in Dr. Dower's ears.
"Behold, I am the Herald of the Almighty, Voice of the One True God. I am the Voice of the God of Abraham, God the Father, the Alpha and the Omega. I speak for He from which all things come, and unto whom all things must return. Listen to His Voice," he bellowed.
Dauer bowed down, for he could think of nothing else to do. Jeremiah saw this, and his eyes burned.
"Stand and listen. Do not bow your head to the will of the Lord, but be strong, and obey," he said.
Dauer stood, his knees trembling, but he stood firm. Jeremiah peered deep into his soul. He saw a man who had endured much pain. The weight of the world had been pressed hard upon his shoulders, just as it had been Jeremiah. He sympathized, and he knew Dauer would want what he wanted.
"There is good reason for the rift between the worlds," Jeremiah said.
"And what is that?" Dauer asked.
"Man has forsaken the teachings of the Lord," Jeremiah said, "He has put himself before Christ, nay, made himself Christ."
Dauer nodded.
"But what can we do about it?" he asked.
"We must show the world what will happen if things continue," Jeremiah answered.
"Again, how?" Dauer replied.
Jeremiah stood back, and waved his hand. An image appeared in front of Dauer. There stood Draga, her eyes flashing wildly. The image faded, and another appeared. This time, the sky was filled with a multitude of dragons and demons. The sky was no longer blue, but a dingy red, and the earth was barren and rocky.
"Behold," Jeremiah said, "If the rift between the two worlds opens completely, all Hell will be unleashed unto this world. It was faith that held them at bay, but they shall soon be set free."
Dauer’s face drained of color.
"How can we stop it?" he asked, "How can we renew faith in the Lord?"
Jeremiah waved his hand again, and the image shimmered. It now showed an enormous demon standing in the middle of a busy intersection. He swiped at the cars around him, sending them flying into buildings. Jeremiah wiped the image away, sparing Dauer from viewing the carnage.
"In three days, the demon known as Azrael will be unleashed on Earth," he said, "We must defeat him, for he is the root cause of humanity's fall from grace."
Dauer nodded.
"I will do what I can," he said.
"Have faith in the Lord my friend," said Jeremiah, "For in Him, all things are possible."
He placed a comforting hand on Dauer’s shoulder, and led him to the elevator.
"Let us go get something to eat now," he said.
"Agreed friend," said Dauer.
<center>
~~~
</center>
As the dragon flies off Sarideas smiles and whispers to himself, "I never intended on my arrow piercing your skin, but I will stop you from the havoc your about to cause."

He arches his back, pointing an arrow to the sky, slowly tightening the bowstring he aims carefully and releases. The arrow flies just between Draga’s wing and abdomen flying high above her into the sky. Draga responded with an angry growl which shakes the earth. Sarideas began to run after her, gently murmuring a spell. As he does, the arrow in the air explodes, releasing huge amounts of dark energy raining down onto the dragon. Draga trying desperately to dodge the raining magic begins to get careless and one strikes her left wing sending her spiraling to the ground at a grueling pace. As she lands the ground shakes but Sarideas continues to run to her and then jump on top of the beast and say
"You underestimate me Dragon, I may not be able to inflict mortal damage to you but I still can harm you with my magic."

He conjures a large aura in his right hand and raises it high into the air.
"You must stop this. Too many have perished from your evil intent; if you refuse I will be forced to stop you myself."

He then plunges the magic down hard into the dragon's chest as it lets a lone cold moan for help, the dragon lays there not seriously injured just temporarily disabled as he wanders over to its wing and begins to dress the wound.
<center>
~~~
</center>
Ann and Jessica sat at Ann’s kitchen table laughing over something Adam had done.
When the laughing stopped they sat in silence. Ann lost in her thought, and Jessica lost in hers.
Finally Jessica decides she needs to tell Ann the truth about her, “Hey Ann?”
“Yeah?”
“There’s something I need to tell,” Jessica said hesitantly.

“Ok,” Ann nodded, “What is it?”
“I’m…” Jessica paused, “I have no idea how to say tell you this and have you believe me.”
“Just say, because believe me, nothing you have to tell me can be what Jeremiah told me earlier,” Ann said with a slight laugh.

Jessica stared into her cup of hot chocolate as if it were going to tell her what she should do, and strangely enough, it did show her something. She saw the elf that had been annoying Draga. He was doing something to her, and she was in pain.

“I gotta go,” Jessica said suddenly, pushing her cup away from her.
“What? Where ya goin’?” Ann asked, confused, as Jessica got up and headed for the door.
“I…” Jessica stopped and turned around, “Ok… Here’s what it is… I’m a shape shifter…”

“A what?” Ann asked skeptically.
“I’m one of these,” Jessica said as she shifted into a mouse and attempted to crawl up Ann’s leg.

Ann almost screamed, but didn’t for fear of waking Adam who was now sleeping on the couch.
Jessica shifted back to human and said, “See?”

“Yeah I see,” Ann said, sounding annoyed, “You tried to climb up my leg!”
Jessica laughed, “Sorry about that… I had to…”

“Well…” Ann paused to think, “How did this come to be?”

“It’s a really long story. Let’s just say God favored me eight hundred and thirty two years ago, soon to be thirty three, and I have to go see if Draga is ok,” Jessica said hurriedly as she turned towards the door again.
“Draga?” Ann asked.
“Another long story,” Jessica said as she opened the door, “I’ll tell ya later. Tell Adam I said good-bye.”

Ann turned around in her seat and sighed, “What a day!”
<center>
~~~
</center>
Darkness was falling over the Rocky Mountains as Dordanos flew back to his cave to sleep after the long day. With seeing Draga again he never thought that he could get through to her... Or could he? The thought of a way of getting through to her entered his mind. All he had to do was remember that saying they used before battle. The question was starting to drive him insane. But as he landed he remembered what it was.

"That is it!" He shouted out loud as he walked into his cave. Then he sensed it. Magic, Elvin magic....

He turned around and flew off into the night, his dark body blending perfect with the darkness of a moonless night. The power of the spell was great and simple to find the source of. The source was at the cave of Draga; but it was not from her it was from the elf he saw at midday. He also saw Draga lying on the ground. His anger swelled up in him and made him change in shape.

His tail grew longer, wings with a greater span, arms and legs also grew in length, and his body became that of a dragon. When the elf saw what was happening he cowered in fear. He dropped his bow and fell back when a shock wave of power pushed him back and down to the ground.

When the transformation was finished he was a great elder dragon of legend. He looked down at the elf as the fear held him firm and released a shriek that echoed through out the mountains. He lowered his massive neck and breathed a breath on to the elf that sent him tumbling backwards. He then carefully gathered Draga in one of his claws and flew back to his cave.

When he got there he carefully set her down and reverted to his hybrid form. He picked her up in his arms and took her in to his cave to treat her wounds.

Jessica had shifted into a hawk to fly to Draga’s cave, but when she arrived found nothing there.

“Now wait a minute,” Jessica said in frustrated confusion as she shifted back to human and stood with her hands on her hips, “What the—.”

Before Jessica could say or do anything else the elf jumped out of the shadows where he had regained composure, bow loaded with an arrow and ready.

“Hey now!” Jessica said as she put her hands up, “I’m here to see what happened to Draga you little rat! What did you do with and to her?”

“How dare you speak to me like that!” the elf spat, “My name is Sarideas. I am an elf with great power, and I can surely take out a mere human with my arrow.”

“Ok. First of all you do not know me,” Jessica said, now annoyed by this being.

“I know you are a shape shifter,” Sarideas snapped, “What more do I need to know?”

”Um, maybe that I’m an immortal shape shifter there hun,” Jessica smarted, “Don’t try to kill something if you don’t know if it will die or not.”

The elf laughed, “You? Immortal?”

“Go ahead, shoot me,” Jessica dared.

The elf lowered his bow, “That’d be a waste of a perfectly good arrow.”

“That’s what I thought,” Jessica said, “Now what have you done with Draga?”

“I merely wounded her,” the elf said, as if disappointed, “The other beast you left with before took her.”

“Bearrendosent,” Jessica said under her breath as she shifted back into hawk form and flew off.

Draga surprised by the elf slowly came back to life. Her wounds healed and she opened her eyes and started.
Dordanos was standing over her.
As her pain started to fade from the dressing on her wounds, and the fact she was starting to heal she jumped up and away from Dordanos. She waited for a minute to get her strength back, and then growled; only revenge was on her mind. "Where is that elf?! He will pay for what he has done!" She flew hard out of the cave though her wing screamed at the pace she was putting it through. She found the elf getting up gathering his things. She landed in front of him. "I should've dropped you against the mountainside! Now you will pay. You have not seen the power I possess!" She spread her wings wide and crouched on the ground head bowed. She crossed her arms and chanted. It came in an old elfish tongue, long since forgotten by elves. Ancient and full of power. As she chanted, darkness swirled around her; she cupped her hands in front of her, gathering the darkness that sunk into her skin, healing her. The elf looked on in fear. She looked up as the darkness became complete and had formed a dark ball of energy between her hands. Her eyes glowed red. "I am no mere dragon/elf. I am the ancient one. Your doom I proclaim! Now you shall feel the true power of the darkness; one even the dark elves have forgotten. ‘Cept maybe for the dark Elvin king and a few wizards. You cannot escape, though you want too. Its energy will sink into your very core." With that she pushed her palms outward and the energy rushed at the elf. He tried to jump out of its path but the ball grew and engulfed him. He screamed as needlelike pain sunk deep into his core. Dark thoughts whispered in his head. The last thing he saw before unconsciousness took him was Draga smiling in contempt, but he did not see her as a dragon form, the darkness made him see who she really was. A powerful elf mage, one of the order of the phoenix. A forgotten order of elves. Only she remains. He saw her in flowing robes of red black and gold. He saw her beauty. That picture was burned into his mind even as he was falling into blackness...
As the elf fell backwards, Draga let out a victory cry. The elf had crumpled to the ground and Draga was pleased she had conquered her foe, even if he was still alive, she still had won that battle.

"Wake up Sarideas." Sarideas' eyes opened slowly, he was surrounded by darkness and stars. "Wake up. You have to fight if you ever want out of here, I'll help if you'll let me go. So? Sarideas, I know you can hear me. Set me free and we'll escape together."

Sarideas blinked and nodded, unable to speak from the still lasting pain brought on by the spell. The two-halves of the elf began a rhythmic chant that would free them from this prison. "Harder Sarideas, Harder! We're almost free!" There was an explosion of light and Sarideas awoke, being looked down upon by his other half. "Welcome, Sarideas. Welcome to the world of the living, and thank you for bringing me here."

Felia grinned, and helped him to his feet. After which he walked out of the brush into the light. "Finally, I can feel the light on my skin; feel the wind in my hair. Oh joyous is this day!" And with that he walked away, heading unknowingly towards the two dragon's caves, following a sense of great power. Sarideas watched him go, somehow he felt......empty.

"Who, who are you?"
Felia replies, "Can't you tell?"
"You look like me but.....you’re somehow not."
Felia grins "exactly!"

Sarideas watches him as he slowly walks out of the cave, holding his with his left hand as he limps along, following Felia at a safe distance for his condition.

He soon reaches the end to see Felia standing at the entrance to the cave beckoning the dragon's to come out. A white aura surrounds him and the power is unimaginable and seems to be much more than what Sarideas could conjure up. He positions himself behind bushes and watches him, thinking,

"I wonder if he can tell me my past, if he is me...he should know....if he is me I should be able to rival his power....but why is it that I’m unable to conjure enough? Have I lost power since I woke up, or have I just not found it yet?"
<center>
~~~
</center>
Dauer walked with Jeremiah thinking of all that had transpired. The voice, the proclamation, and the prophetic scene of the demon Azrael wreaking destruction all played over in his mind. "How could things have gotten out of control so quickly?" he thought, glancing at the man (angel?) walking next to him.
"Jeremiah?"
"Yes Dauer?"
"It was you all this time? The voice through the storms?"
"Yes, I'm sorry to have misled you all these years, but when He speaks through me, I have no options but to follow as He states in my soul."
"So, in actuality, you were the conduit only. It was our Lord's words spoken through you."
"But of course Dauer. But why all of the questions? Surely you do not doubt your importance to His purpose?"
At this time they reached a restaurant and went to be seated. After placing their orders, Dauer reached to touch Jeremiah's arm.
"Jeremiah, I have never doubted the Lord's purpose. For these thousands of years, and the travels through the dimensions of magic and here, I have only had one purpose, which was to save the Lord's creatures, human and magical, from the great assault we knew was coming. It is just that you’re revealing yourself this way was a shock."
Jeremiah waited while the waiter delivered their meal. After he left, he turned to face Dauer. "My dear friend, I am fully aware of the trials you have undergone for our Lord. The last great battle those ages ago against the evil of Wheypon, was the main reason for these many centuries of keeping the darkness back for so long. The efforts of yourself and the Chosen four are well known to the heavenly hosts."
Dauer looked into the eyes of this messenger of God and then looked out toward the mountains, shaking his head slowly.
"Thank you, but, no, that was not a success. It was only a delay. A delay that may have cost me a wonderful friend, and our cause a vital ally. Do you recall from the story of that time the one called Lakia?'
Jeremiah nodded his head, "Why certainly. The Elf Princess of the Phoenix order. An elf powerful in both magic and heart. She almost sacrificed everything she was for the humans at that time, and would have, had the efforts succeeded completely. I understand she is near here?"
Dauer turned from the mountain view to face Jeremiah, a tear in his eye.
"Yes. As the years went by without a chance to finalize the battle she had tried so hard to help win, her alter power, that of the dragon, took over her heart and she disappeared into the legends you have heard of. She is in those mountains, somewhere. I need to get to her. To try to reach what remains of Lakia and draw her back to us. She deserves the chance to finally finish the battle we began together those many years ago."
As they paid their bill and walked from the restaurant, Jeremiah took Dauer's shoulders and turned him to face his eyes.
"Dauer, you have read the scrolls and know what is needed. If you see that this Elf Princess is vital to our cause, then, by all means we will go to find her, and free her soul from the imprisoning darkness."
They started toward the Court house parking lot where Dauer's Hummer was parked. "But, we must, first and most importantly, go to Ann's loft.
We may need her and little Adam."
Dauer said as they jumped into the vehicle, “Yes, you are right. There is an aura about both of those two that portends a great power, and a power that is vital in our quest, as it always has been, the power of love."
Dauer pulled out of the parking lot and started for Ann's loft.
<center>
~~~
</center>
Jessica cursed her failing memory as she gave up on trying to find Bearrendosent’s cave and decided to go to Ann’s loft.
Since she was still in hawk form she decided she would land on the fire escape and tap on the window. Ann was sitting at the table writing when she heard something tapping on her window. Ann looked and saw a hawk sitting on her window ledge.

“What in the world?” she said aloud as she got up and went to the window.

The bird cocked its head to one side and looked at Ann, then lifted its wing in such a way that it appeared it was waving.

“Jessica?” Ann asked confused.
The bird tapped on the window again as if to say yes.
Ann shook her head and unlatched the window and watched as the bird flew in and shifted into human form.
“Why didn’t you use the door?” Ann asked.
“Because I didn’t want too,” Jessica said then sat down on the couch, “So what’s up?”
“You apparently,” Ann answered dryly.
Jessica stuck her tongue out at Ann, but laughed at Ann’s joke.
“Actually nothing’s been up,” Ann went on, “Except for me being really confused.”
“What about?” Jessica asked.
Before Ann could answer the call button buzzed.
“Yes?” Ann asked pressing the reply button.
“Ann, its Jeremiah and Daviid,” Jeremiah answered.
<center>
~~~
</center>
Felia stared at the entrance of the cave, sensing a great power inside. He pushed forth a massive amount of power, feeling the cold energy surrounding him.

"Dragons! Come out now, I need your "aid"!" He yelled and stood waiting. Bearrendosent stepped out of the entrance to the cave, wondering what the disturbance was. His eyes narrowed on the glowing white elf standing at the foot of the climb to his cave.

"Why have you come? And who are you?" Bearrendosent growled. The elf merely bowed, his eyes never leaving the massive form.

"I," He began, teleporting behind the beast. "Am Felia, and I am here to borrow something." He finished, his hand sliding into the hybrid's massive form. He clutched Bearrendosent's still-beating heart searching inside for the powerful energies he'd sensed. He smiled and pulled his hand free, clutching a glowing ball of energy. "Perfect." He mouthed sucking up the white-light.

Bearrendosent fell face first into the rocks, unconscious for the moment. Felia turned, sensing two power sources left inside the cave, a dragon and an elf.....only they shared the same place of existence? Felia smiled, 'The prophesied one. If I could give Master Azrael this creature’s power, he'd be happy indeed'.

Sarideas sat watching in the brush as Felia knocked the giant form of Bearrendosent down with one swift move. 'Incredible! He must know a way to release my power!'
<center>
~~~
</center>
Jeremiah gazed over at Dauer as they rode the elevator up to Ann's loft. He looked very tired. Not just physically, but mentally and emotionally exhausted as well.
"How do we go about this Dauer?" Jeremiah asked.
"What do you mean exactly?" Dauer replied.
"Well, I've never dealt with humans in this regard," Jeremiah said, "I don't know exactly how to tell them what they're up against."
"Ann seems to be very strong-willed," Dauer said, "She should be able to handle it."
"Well, she did handle the other news I gave her," Jeremiah said.
"What news?" asked Dauer.
Just as Dauer spoke, the elevator opened and Ann stood there, with Jessica by her side. She stared absentmindedly at Jeremiah for a moment.
"Should I tell him, Jeremiah?" she asked.
Jeremiah shook his head.
"No, this is something that everyone needs to hear," he said, "And it must come from me."
"Why must it come from you?" she asked.
"Because I have not told you all about myself," he replied.
He moved into the center of the room, and everyone else gathered around him.
"Where is Adam?" he asked.
"He's asleep," Ann replied, "Why?"
"Unfortunately, this is something that he must hear as well," he said.
Ann disappeared and returned with Adam. He was rubbing his eyes and clutching Zack. Jeremiah took a deep breath. What he was going to do would probably scare the child. He felt deeply guilty.
"Adam, there's something I have to tell you," he said, "Now try not to be scared, because I'm going to do something that might be a little weird."
With that, Jeremiah spread his magnificent wings to full span. He flapped them gently, sending a gentle breeze through the room.
"Wow!" Adam exclaimed, "You're an angel!"
His eyes brightened, and he ran up to Jeremiah, touching his wings.
"Yes," Jeremiah said, "That doesn't frighten you?"
"No way," Adam answered, "Angels protect us!"
Jeremiah smiled warmly. He could sense a bright, white aura surrounding Adam, the same that surrounded Ann. In fact, now that he studied it more carefully, it was exactly the same. This could only mean one thing.
"Ann, there is something I have noticed that I need to tell you," he said.
"What is it?" she asked.
"I'm not sure how to tell you this," he replied, "But Adam is your brother."
Ann's eyes went wide.
"What?!" she screamed.
Adam looked incredibly confused, and rushed to her side.
"But, I didn't have any sisters," he said.
"And I never had any siblings," Ann said.
"I can't explain it," Jeremiah replied, "But your auras are exactly the same. There is no other explanation."
Dauer spoke up.
"Yes, it's true," he said, "The similarity is undeniable. You must share a bloodline."
"Could we maybe just be cousins?" Ann asked.
"No, the auras are too close," Jeremiah said.
"Okay, now you have to tell everyone about me," Ann said.
Jeremiah took a deep breath.
"Everyone, Ann is the last living relative of Jesus Christ," he said, "Or, she was, but now Ann and Adam are the last."
Dauer and Jessica were dumbstruck. Adam clapped his hands together.
"I'm really related to Jesus?" he asked.
"Yes, you are," Jeremiah said.
"But how is that possible?" asked Dauer, " Christ had no siblings."
"You should know better than anyone how easily such things can be covered up, Dauer," Jeremiah said, "After all, don't tell me you haven't heard of the Gospel of Thomas?"
"True, I've heard tales of lost scripture," Dauer said, "But I believed them to be myth."
"Quite the contrary," Jeremiah said, "They still exist in fact, though one would be hard pressed to get his hands on them."
"Might they be in the Vatican vaults?" Dauer asked.
"That's just the place," Jeremiah said, "Oh what I would give for access."
Ann cleared her throat.
"Didn't you have something to tell us?" she asked.
"Oh that's right," Jeremiah said.
He spread his wings, and grew to a greater height. A great light emanated from him, and his eyes blazed.
"Behold the Herald of the Almighty, and Voice of the one true God," he bellowed, "Through me, the Lord speaks His will."
Ann took a step back, and Adam hugged her tightly, turning away from the light and covering his ears. Jeremiah came back to his normal state, breathing deeply. Jessica stepped closer.
"And what is the Lord's will, pray tell?" she said.
"You doubt me?" Jeremiah asked.
"No, I am simply curious," she said.
Jeremiah stepped back and waved his hand. The image of Azrael wreaking havoc on Aspen once again appeared. Adam cowered in Ann's side, and everyone else grimaced.
"Behold the demon Azrael, the cause of mankind's impending downfall," Jeremiah said, "If he succeeds in his task of killing 100 people, the barrier between the world of man and magic will be no more, and the legions of Hell will be unleashed upon the earth."
He waved his hand again, and the image disappeared. Ann rubbed Adam's shoulder, reassuring him.
"But what can we do about it?" she asked.
"First, we must find the one known as Draga," Dauer interjected.
"The dragon?" asked Jessica.
"Yes, she is a dragon now," he said, "But once she was the Elvin princess Lakia. We must help her to find that hidden presence once more, for she is vital to our cause."
"I know where we can find her," Jessica said.
"Then we must all head out," Dauer said.
"All of us?" Ann asked.
"I'm afraid so," Dauer replied, "You and Adam have the Divine heritage, and it may be needed to coax Lakia out of her shell."
"How will we get there?" Jessica asked, "Draga's lair is high in the mountains."
Jeremiah flapped his wings.
"I can fly, you know," he said wryly, "And you can transform into something large enough for two people to ride on."
Jessica nodded, and transformed into a large pterodactyl. Adam squealed with delight.
"Ooh, can I ride her?" he asked.
"No, I am going to carry you," Jeremiah said, "It is too dangerous for you to ride with her, I'm afraid."
Adam pouted, but grudgingly walked over to Jeremiah. Dauer and Ann sat astride Jessica's back.
"Say Jeremiah," said Ann, "How do you plan to get out of here? The windows aren't that big."
Jeremiah nodded, and bowed his head in prayer. Suddenly, the roof of Ann's building disappeared. Ann squeaked, but then knew what had happened. With that, Jeremiah took Adam in his arms, and flew up into the night sky. Jessica followed close behind. As they flew away, the roof appeared once again, and a low thunder rolled across the sky. Dauer shouted over at Jeremiah.
"I'm right here you know," he said.
Jeremiah laughed, and followed Jessica towards the Rocky Mountains.
<center>
~~~
</center>
Felia began the final ascent to the entrance, but stopped turning to the east. A group of great powers were heading this way, nay the other cave. He turned and began to run the rest of the way. He slowed as he came to the cave opening, his feet echoing. His eyes searched up and down the cave. A bed, desk, and books littered the room, but no she-dragons. He paused sensing out the energies, they were moving, a back tunnel, trying to escape. He smiled and teleported, near where he thought she was, he landed about 10 paces ahead of her.

"Hello....." Felia said nodding his head. Draga's talons flew out as she looked up. She spread her wings, one of which was wrapped in gauze. She snapped the bondages and lowered herself close to the ground.

"Why have you come?" She growled. Felia touched his forehead, sending a mental image of Bearrendosent’s limp form sprawled upon the rocks. Draga's eyes widened. “I care not about your powers! Why have you come?! Wait....You look vaguely familiar....an elf, the one who injured me before! Sarideas was his name!" Felia nodded his head again.

Draga's form sunk even lower and then pounced. Felia easily dodged, kicking her in the side of the head. She slammed against the cave wall, screaming in agony for her injured wing. Draga leapt up and pounced again, catching him this time and pinning him to the ground. She sprayed forth a fiery mist onto his face. Felia managed a groan and then chuckled.

"Fool." He said and slid his hand into her chest, instantly the flames stopped and Draga paused. Felia thought to himself as he searched for the hidden power- 'Search for it, search for it........Ahh, but it hurts so much.......Keep going! It's right THERE!' He finished grabbing the energy, closing his hand around it. There was a brilliant flash in Draga's eyes and Felia fell unconscious, barely breathing.

Draga stood, holding her chest and glaring down upon the unmoving form of Felia. She touched his neck searching for a pulse and didn't notice the THUD-THUD every 10 or so seconds. "Good. Dead then." She said to his unmoving form, and headed to the cave opening. She checked for a pulse on Bearrendosent and finding one, picked him up and placing him onto his bed. She exited his cave and stretched forth his wings. "I think it's time to go home. Besides which, I'm hungry." And with that she leaped into the air flying towards her cave.

A few minutes later Felia awoke, sucking in the air. "I-I couldn't take the power......I couldn't.....the others. If I can't take the Prophesized One's powers than the others will have to do." He ran out of the cave and began to sprout wings, black like Bearrendosent. He leaped into the air and flew, sensing his way to the other powers.

Sarideas watched as Draga and then Felia exited, he decided it best to follow.

Bearrendosent awoke with the dawn, feeling a great pain in his chest. He could move, but barely. His thoughts returned to the albino elf. 'He will pay dearly! Draga? What about Draga? Is she alright?' He willed himself to stand and sniffed the air. 'She had left only hours ago, and had been followed by an.......elf!' He roared and walked towards the exit following their scents.
'That elf will pay for this.' He thought to himself as he limped through his cave in search of his back-pack which held something important to him. He found his pack beside his bed undisturbed. He sat down on his bed and picked it up. He unzipped it and rummaged through its contents to find an ancient vile with a cork on it. He withdrew the cork and drank the liquid contents of it. Quickly his strength returned and he was ten-fold stronger than what he was. He then walked out of his cave just in time to see an angel and some sort of creature flying through the sky.

With the wind rushing by him as the solid "thump - thump" of Jeremiah's enormous wings moved the air around them, Dauer realized that there was no reason for pretense anymore. He then spoke an old incantation and his modern business suit familiar to Daviid Dower suddenly became his Wizard's robes, cape and hat, familiar to Dauer, Grand Wizard.

Whispering into the thoughts of Jessica and Jeremiah, the fully emerged Dauer said <This is too slow for me. I must get to the caves quickly for unforeseen things have been happening! I will see you there>
At that, Dauer swept his cape around himself and vanished.

Opening his cape he found himself at the entrance to a large cave just as Bearrendosent was about to launch himself.
"Hold!"
Bearrendosent seemed to freeze in mid-leap momentarily, and then fell back to stare in shock at Dauer, standing there with a hand in the air.
"What?! What are you doing here? I need to leave to find Draga. I fear she may be in trouble."
"Please wait a moment" Dauer spoke, calmly and quietly, imparting that calming spirit to the massive dragon as he teetered on the ledge edge.
"Draga is fully capable to care for herself and anyway the current threat is off to another place of more concern at the moment. Shall we return inside the cave? The others will be joining us soon"
Bearrendosent, hesitating a moment, turned and started inside, mumbling "This had better be good!"
"Good?! I am not certain that I can say that, but vitally important, it most definitely is."
Once in the heart of the cave, Bearrendosent turned to Dauer. "You are a Wizard, are you not? I had thought they had vanished long ages ago."
"You are right, almost. I am the last of my calling. As wizards die or move on, their powers are absorbed by the remaining wizards. As the final active wizard, I have accumulated the power of all previous wizards, and yet I am almost helpless in the face of what is to occur soon. The Lord whom I serve has demanded that I not use the full extent of my power in the conflict ahead. The final outcome must be determined by the actions of the human and magical beings whose actions have always been in the name of hope, not desolation."
Bearrendosent stared at the old wizard with a confused look, not certain what he was blabbering about, but realizing it must be important.
"Well then, wizard, you need to slow down a little and explain what in the world you are speaking of. What conflict?"
Realizing his hastiness in talking, Dauer dismissed his previous words with a wave of his hand, saying "Never mind. I was just letting my years cause me to ramble on. When Jeremiah and the others arrive, they will explain more to you. In the meantime I need to know what has happened here that caused you to be in such a hurry to leave? What happened to Draga and yourself?"
Bearrendosent then proceeded to tell Dauer about the albino elf and the way it seemed to reach inside of him and squeezed his heart and his sudden weakness. "I have never encountered a creature such as this before; however, when we meet again the story will be different!"
Dauer paced around the cave. "I was afraid that was who I had sensed.
Felia...a demon elf of the power stealing kind. He is the mirror image of another elf, most likely the one that has been hanging around here, the one known as Sarideas. I must catch up to Draga. Do you have any feeling as to where she may have run off to?"
"Maybe she is just out feeding somewhere. We will just need to wait for her here"
"No. I can't wait. I must find her now."
A sudden rush of air moved through the cave as the others landed at the entrance.
I'll return as soon as I can find her. Tell the others to wait here for me. I won't be long"
At that Dauer threw his cape around himself and vanished before a stunned Bearrendosent, as voices were heard coming from the entrance way.
"Whispers of Love" a book of poetry expressing love of the heart and spirit is released worldwide on August 11, 2009. Visit my home page at
Books From Grace for more information or Amazon.com

Debbie
God's Poetess

Tom Watson..

Post by Debbie » Sat Apr 15, 2006 5:20 pm

I will got to this part tomorrow dear brother.. :book: :wink:

Reach Out And Love Someone
Slow Down And Look around
You Will Find Someone Who Needs You.....

Tom Watson
Forever Silent Friend

Re: Mystery of The Darkness - Part 2 THE CAVE

Post by Tom Watson » Sat Jul 11, 2009 10:09 am

:bump:
"Whispers of Love" a book of poetry expressing love of the heart and spirit is released worldwide on August 11, 2009. Visit my home page at
Books From Grace for more information or Amazon.com

Return to “Prose, Stories, Roleplays, Story Poems and Epics”