Dial Tone

A place to enjoy the interactive sport of Roleplay exercises, post your prose, short stories, story poems, prose poems and epics. This forum does not autoprune

Moderators: LadySaturn, Spazway, moonflower

Floetry Spades
I'm the Floesist
Tag line: Veteran

Dial Tone

Post by Floetry Spades » Sat Jan 21, 2006 4:36 pm

Dial Tone
(Clyde, 2:04am, Hotel Room)

Any ole' wall street crowney like me would be lying if they told you that a beheaded body near them makes them nervous. Odd stuff like this just happens around New York, especially around places with a lot of money. I'm not going to lie myself and say I haven't seen a few friends pay a few dimes to "Hush Up" a couple of trial lawyers. You just couldn't take any chances back then because of the monopolizing pigs of wall street. Everybody wanted to get a piece of the financially sound pie, and everybody was willing to break the rules - and a few necks - to get their fair taste.........

*Flashback*
( 4:56pm, Wall Street Office, January, 1929)

"General Electric! General Electric!!!!! Don't you waste my damn stock on one of those new fangled Japanese imports! Don't buy stock that you can't pronounce! Remember that!" Clyde, dressed in a classy black suit with white tie, screamed at his pregnant female assistant.
"But baby everybody's telling me that General Electric's gonna get in a real bad jam soon. I've been trying to look for alternatives!" The woman screamed.

"Don't call me baby while we're on the job Kulisha. You and I are STRICTLY partners while these office lights are still flickering and my stock ticker is producin' paper. And about General Electric, don't buy into that bushwa about them crashing soon. Those nutty ofays will say anything to stop a black man from buying his stock. Have you heard ONE Negro economist declare that General Electric will shut down? ONE!? They've all been white, and they've all been sending mail to our firm. IGNORE IT!" Clyde, with an assertive voice, screamed.
"Baby....." Kulisha, his fiance, looked on with a forlorn face.

Clyde responded to her hapless face with an aggressive lift of his eyebrows and a stern curvature of his upper lip. He stared her down....
"I...I..." Kulisha stuttered,"...I mean.....'SIR'." She said with her head turned partially to the side, avoiding eye contact with her beau.

Clyde swiftly walked over to her and kissed her gently on her left cheek bone. Then, and without pause from the short lived embrace, the wealthy gigolo turned his attention to the door and made motion to exit through it. Kulisha grabbed him by the shirt tail for another kiss but Clyde shrugged her off.
As soon as Clyde left the room, the jilted women pulled a napkin with a phone number smeared on it with lipstick from her purse and laid it on Clyde's office desk. While glancing at the napkin, with the phone numbers on it, the scorned woman released a slight grin from her lips which seemed to have an aura of malevolence. She effeminately pressed her smooth fingertips across the dial of the phone....

*RING RING RING RING*
A Caucasian man with an underdeveloped voice answered the phone on the other line. He was 16 years old.

"Hey Kulisha! What you got on baby cakes...are you dolled up!?" The young man asked.
Kulisha started to speak in a slow, sexy...monotone voice."Why of course sweets, you know I gotta look like a cake eater at my job or else I'll get the boot."

"It just don't make no sense baby doll....whats a choice bit of calico like yourself being single like that for!? You ain't got no man!?"
"I sure don't." Kulisha answered, with a straight face....

"Well well well....I'm gonna have my 17th birthday in a few weeks...do you wanna come over and help cut the cake? Its like...I got things to ask you..." The young man smiled on his end of the phone.
"Yeah, I'll be....ugh...." Kulisha gripped her stomach in pain...the baby inside her kicked....as if to suggest that she refuse the young man's offer, but Kulisha continued to talk,"I'll be...the tastiest thing in the room....minus the cake." The adulterous woman said....

"Hahahaha...COOL! I'm gonna go make out the invitations. Bye! Stay cute!" He said before hanging up the phone.
Kulisha waited a few minutes before hanging up the phone....she listened to the dial tone play out in her head....like her body was an instrument that the telephone played...the dial tone sent a rhythm to her brain that she just couldn't shake. Her fingers grasped to the receiver like an adhesive...her lips began to dry up....her lips began to die....the 9 month old baby inside of her shook with anticipation as if it was dancing to the groove that was the dial tone. Realization of what she just did nearly ate her up from the inside out, yet the women still smiled as if to silently collaborate with the telling dial tone.

Kulisha, with the loud phone still to her ear, turned to her stomach and spoke to it,"This is our chance to get with a real man...not some dried up Ethel who thinks he's gonna make it out on wallstreet."
Kulisha looked up, suddenly the phone was slapper out of her hand; the woman plummeted to the marvel office floor.

Clyde grabbed her by the hair,"Do you realize how expendable you are? Your just a knocked up flapper! If it wasn't for your dad forcing me to drop out of high school to take care of this baby, I would have never stayed with you!" Clyde tried to glare a hole in the woman's face.
Kulisha got up from the floor and took a swing at Clyde, knocking him to the ground. She kicked him repeatedly before spitting on his expensive suit. The young teen(Clyde) tried to get up and defend himself against the enraged pregnant women but it was no use....

Kulisha looked down at him,"I hate you...."
Clyde, with a swollen and bloody lip, looked back up at her,"Look, I'm sorry....just relax..."

Kulisha slowly backed away from him...she started to whisper,"I hate you....I...hate...you..."
"Calm down...." Clyde tried to plead with her.

Kulisha started to gently tap herself on the stomach....then more forcefully until it seemed more like she was "pounding"...the woman pounded on her stomach aggressively! She clinched her fists tightly and hammered away at the child inside her wound. Clyde looked up with a disgusted face....Kulisha continued the POUNDING...the phone, which was still off the hook, continued to emit an erie dial tone...the remnants of a sinful conversation that Kulisha had enjoyed only seconds before.....the woman's pounding seemed to chime in with the acoustics of the dial tone...it was as if her chest, her body, her baby, were all instruments....one could almost hear the small child scream as its mother beat it half to death. A loud thud could be heard from all across the room. The noise seemed to be that of a snapped jawbone. Clyde had struck his beau across the face. Kulisha, with a now bloody lip, fell on her back. Nothing could be heard but the acoustica screams of the dial tone....Clyde picked up the telephone and hung it up.....
Now everything was completely silent.....until a loud scream.....

Kulisha's upper body jolted up from the floor as she screamed in pain....a puddle of blood dripped from her waist as she went into labor....
Clyde looked at her with vindictive intentions; he realized that now was the best time to inflict upon her...his revenge, but he couldn't muster up the strength to harm her...not in front of his child which was making its way through her womb as he spoke. The man slowly picked up the phone and started to dial for the ambulance, but then he started to think. Clyde stood there with the phone in his hand, not wanting to call the hospital just yet. He wanted that Jezebel to writhe in pain for as long as possible.....

Kulisha screamed out with all her might, like a woman who bears a child should....but the dial tone, with its endless shrieking, drowned her out.

Purchase my first poetry collection on Amazon

http://www.amazon.com/Little-Time-Capsu ... ap_title_0

"Floetry, your eyes are so much,
stronger than your voice." -- Jukoto

"Bitter melon is sweet ... In it's own honeyed way .... Like candles don't flicker .... Alone in the rain" -- Miyu

Floetry Spades
I'm the Floesist
Tag line: Veteran

Post by Floetry Spades » Sat Jan 21, 2006 4:37 pm

Purchase my first poetry collection on Amazon

http://www.amazon.com/Little-Time-Capsu ... ap_title_0

"Floetry, your eyes are so much,
stronger than your voice." -- Jukoto

"Bitter melon is sweet ... In it's own honeyed way .... Like candles don't flicker .... Alone in the rain" -- Miyu

Return to “Prose, Stories, Roleplays, Story Poems and Epics”