Shadows of Youth

A place to enjoy the interactive sport of Roleplay exercises, post your prose, short stories, story poems, prose poems and epics. This forum does not autoprune

Moderators: LadySaturn, Spazway, moonflower

Floetry Spades
I'm the Floesist
Tag line: Veteran

Shadows of Youth

Post by Floetry Spades » Sat Mar 06, 2004 3:54 pm

Those deep blue eyes......

The wind blew heavenly into the small hospital room, making a weird hissing noise. It was night time now,around 1:00. For some strange reason pacients were still being taken to intensive care inside the hospital. Thats a common site on the tough streets of LA. Thugs and even police in the city were bad. Shoot-outs were a common occurrence. The police went around and beat children especially Hispanic,black,Asian,non-white children. Kindred's friend Tyrone was recently shot down for stealing. Sheif Pataki of the LAPD was still recovering from a gun shot wound in his groin area,but he never did anything to stop the violence in LA anyway.
Beside the wind and cars coming to the hospital,everything was silent in the small hospital room. Guess everybody was still shocked about Setsuko's pregnancy. Kindred decided to break the silence.

"All naw! Fuck this shit! Were the hell is he! It's bad enough that he's ah fucking rapist,but he went up in you wit no rubber.......I'm gonna kill em'." Kindred was beside himself with anger. He stormed around the room,pacing back and fourth,looking very nervous.

Jukoto looked at Kindred funny,"Wasn't that baby yours?"

Kindred put his head down embarrassingly,some inaudible words came out of his mouth,"We didn't fuck."

"Speak up."

"I said we didn't fuck!"

"Then what happened setsuko?" Jukoto looked over at sue.

"Why are you so concerned about me?"

"I'm Jukoto Tokeox....you saved me from Sharon a while back. To make a long story short.......I owe you. There doesn't seem to be that many asians were we live. Maybe we should stick together?"

"I'm Asian too....and we even have the same Japanese last name. But you......" Setsuko said.

"Look! I have been there, I know what you are going threw....who ever hurt you....I understand." Jukoto said to Sue.

"Hey! Nuf of this,where the hell is he Sue!" Kindred screamed at her.

"84.....95.......23th,place.......down about 6 blocks from here."

"Kindred don't be so hard on her. She just lost her child!" Jukoto tried to calm him down gently,but it was no use. Nobody could calm Kindred down but his grandmother....but she's no longer alive.

"Man,get the fuck off of me!"

"Kindred........give Jukoto a chance. You owe her because of what you and micheal did to her." Setsuko said.

".....I'm......I'm sorry for that. Micheal gets me to do some dumb shit and....well..."

"It's ok....I understand." Jukoto said showing Kindred affection by giving him a hugg. She took Kindred off guard,he blushed.

"Ok....don't do that again." Kindred said laughing.

Jukoto looked Setsuko in the eye....she started to ask a question. She wanted to ask why they had the same last name,but she stopped herself. Those deep blue eyes. Rich with tranquility and innocence.....those deep blue eyes....tainted with the pain of her heart. They looked so familiar.

"Mother......" And with this word Jukoto fainted.

"You won't make it there, America is dangerous, we haven't got money to survive," a women in her twenties cried as she held on to a man in his late thirties.

"If you don't want a future, than you stay, I'm taking my daughters with me," the man yelled back angrily.

"You can't do that, they are my life, I can't let them die in a strange country such as that,' She continued sobbing.

It was that same dream....the dream Jukoto had the night she left Japan....the same dream she had the night Sharon,her first girlfriend,dumped her. She was having it all over again. But this time she was actually inside the dream. She walked over to her younger self, and tried to pick her up, but she went right threw. Was this another mere shadow of Jukoto's Youth?

"Ma, Ma..." The younger version of Jukoto screamed.

Were am I? Jukoto thought as she watched herself cry out to her mother. She watched as her father pulled the small baby out of her mother arms. Jukoto tried to stop him...but it was no use, she went right threw.

"No! Mother don't let him take the baby! Keep are family together! It's all your fault! I hate you! Get up you fool!" Jukoto's mother didn't hear her or even notice her presence.

"Ma,Ma,...." The younger Jukoto screamed.

Jukoto walked up to her father....the man she barley new. The baby in his arms....beautiful in every way shape and form. Her cute little blue bow that tied her hair perfectly....it matched those blue eyes....those deep........deep blue eyes.......blue...eyes....perfectly.

"No! You are not real! This is not real!" Jukoto screamed out,nobody heard her. Nobody ever hears you when you are in a dream.

"You-are-not...reallllll! You are a mere......" Jukoto was slapped to the floor. The intensity of the blow paralyzed her momentarily.

What? Jukoto was being hit by her father....only her father was older now. He ripped off her clothes and kissed her all over. Am I his girlfriend? Jukoto thought to himself. She kind of giggled at the thought. At least he's happy, she said to herself. Jukoto just sat there...being taken advantage of by her own father...but something was wrong. Why did he have to hit her. And why was the body she was in so small. It was just a little taller then her own body. Her breast were fuller.....but this was still a child, but with steroids. She had long brown hair too.

"I'm finished now.....go and clean yourself." Her father said.

Jukoto wasn't in control of herself anymore. The body that her conscious inhabited walked off to the bathroom. She looked in the mirror, her face was adored with blood...but those eyes......green? Brown? Red? Purple? Orange? No! Deep.......blue.......No!

"No!" Jukoto screamed. The image went away.....she started to see Kindred. She was naked...Kindred was on top of her. Her conscious was still in the same body from before.....was she still dreaming.

"Don't you ever do that to me again!" Kindred screamed out to Jukoto crying.

"You the only somebody that I got." He said.

"I love you." He said.

The lake behind them was beautiful....it was the same lake from before. What does it all mean Jukoto thought. She started to see those eyes again.......those.....deep...blue....eyes. Jukoto woke up from her dream looking Setsuko in the eye.

"You!" Jukoto said she screamed out crying.

"You! You are....you are my own flesh and blood.....how could he do that to you! I hate him! I hate him!" Jukoto fell to the floor.

"Why father! Why! Look what you did to are family!" Jukoto picked up Kindred's gun and put it to her head.....she pulled the trigger...............................

There were no more bullets. She pulled it again to hear a strange clicking noise,she pulled it over and over again.

"LORD LET ME DIE....TAKE ME NOW FOR I HAVE SINNED!"

"Juk!" Kindred snatched the gun away from her.

"Whats wrong wit you girl....you alright?"

"No!"

"Whats up!"

Jukoto grinned with tears in her eyes.....she let out a chuckled and flung back her blonde hair.

"I have to kill my father....and I have to do it alone..........................

Click here to listen to the theme of Shadows of Youth. You don't need to download it....just left click it please.....
Last edited by Floetry Spades on Fri Apr 09, 2004 3:05 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Purchase my first poetry collection on Amazon

http://www.amazon.com/Little-Time-Capsu ... ap_title_0

"Floetry, your eyes are so much,
stronger than your voice." -- Jukoto

"Bitter melon is sweet ... In it's own honeyed way .... Like candles don't flicker .... Alone in the rain" -- Miyu

Floetry Spades
I'm the Floesist

Post by Floetry Spades » Sat Mar 06, 2004 6:16 pm

Just so you know. There are a lot of people who hate me for posting this story,because I didn't post a warning. Well here it is......

This story contains my feelings......my violence.........my thoughts and inner being.....my obscenity.........my pain.......and possibley my creativity.....I hate me....and if you read this story......you'll probley hate me too........Enjoy.
Last edited by Floetry Spades on Mon Mar 08, 2004 1:40 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Floetry Spades
I'm the Floesist

Post by Floetry Spades » Sat Mar 06, 2004 6:37 pm

Individualize Me

He rocked back and fourth on the edge of a curve in the middle of LA. The joint in his hand was all smoked out. He threw it to the side. The night was typical.......pitch black......silent except for the sound of police seirns and the wind. The small boy covered himself in rags to keep himself warm. A man entered in the house behind him.......it looked to be Setsuko's father. The man turned around and spit at the boy. It didn't bother him, he was use to this sort of treatment. He thought that he'd seen a girl making her way to the house on 24th place......was he dreaming?

The theme of this chapter is slience.......I wish I had a link to silence :lol:
Last edited by Floetry Spades on Mon Mar 08, 2004 1:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Floetry Spades
I'm the Floesist

Post by Floetry Spades » Mon Mar 08, 2004 1:40 pm

Hate to leave you all in suspence but I'm going to have to give the story a break for a while. I'm going threw a lot nowadays and it doesn't look like I'm going to survive it..............

kuperian4ever
Seafoam Poet
Tag line: Know it Poet

Post by kuperian4ever » Mon Mar 08, 2004 4:48 pm

You'll survive, my friend. Step back for a day or so and get
some perspective. It would seem much of this story comes
from your sub-conscious mind and your soul. You're putting
a lot of yourself into the story and by doing so you're becoming
diminished in spirit. That mixed with the hardships of just living
makes serenity very difficult to come by.

For those of us out here that consider you not only a friend
and collegue but a member of the Poetry Pages family by which
we all are inter-connected, I ask that you step back, find your
center, and when you feel ready to resume then I (we) will be
here awaiting your arrival and a return to the ongoing story.

Live happily, friend.

Kupe
Bric-a Brac

Death will be your final victory over life
Rejoice, for victory comes even as you live
Spread your arms and embrace the future

Floetry Spades
I'm the Floesist

Post by Floetry Spades » Fri Apr 09, 2004 4:16 pm

8495 23th place

It was such a long walk from the hospital to 23th place,even though it was only 7 blocks away from the hospital. Practically down the street. It was the hardest walk of Jukoto's life. 13 years of mystery, who is her father. Can she trust him?

"No...he has hurt my family. He has hurt me..and most importantly me." Jukoto said to herself.

Thinking about Setsuko getting raped by her father was something Jukoto hated to due,but it lingered in her head. It was what stole her compassion for her father. He couldn't be forgiven in Jukoto's eyes. A boy....about Jukoto's hieght layed on the curve in front of Setsuko's house. Jukoto ran over to help him.

"Oh my god....are you alright?" She asked.

She gave him some Tylenol because it looked like he had a headache.

"Poor thing...." She kissed him on the cheek.

"Do you have a place to stay? Huh?" He didn't answer.

Jukoto heard glass breaking in her sister Setsuko's house as if somebody fell down. It was their father. Just the thought of Setsuko being raped by him made Jukoto turn cold with hate. She loaded her gun and stepped away from the boy.

"I'll come back and help you....but first. I have to take care of an evil person......"

She walked up to the door of 8495 23th place and knocked....

Click here to listen to Jukoto's theme music

"Bitter melon is sweet ... In it's own honeyed way .... Like candles don't flicker .... Alone in the rain" -- Miyu

Floetry Spades
I'm the Floesist

Post by Floetry Spades » Fri Apr 09, 2004 5:24 pm

City of Angels

City of fortune..city of dreams...city of love..and material things. Guarded by angels or cursed by the hand of Satan? The wind cooled the large city. It blew the garbage down the street and killed off a couple of homeless people with it's unkind chill. Another typical day in Los Angelos. It was about 4:00am in the morning...still dark. They laid in an old LA hospital bed. Kindred rested his arm around Setsuko's stomach holding her close and acknowledging the sensitivity of her wound,which was,for the most part,healed. Setsuko tried to get up to close the window but Kindred's grip was too tight. She managed to break free after tickling his stomach,what a relieve it was to get away from his super loud snoring. She rushed over to the window to close it.

"Fuck you....." She said as she looked out the window and into the city of angels.

"This is not were I belong.....I want to go home....." She said.

Setsuko started to day dream. The streets cleaned themselves...Japanese decorations started to appear out of thin air. English writing was replaced by japanese writing. Setsuko could actually understand it. She looked on from a tall tower. An Asian boy started to kiss up her neck and caress her large breast under the red dress she now wore. Her mind was playing tricks on her. The city was beautiful....in every way shape and form. She longed so bad to go back to the country that she was taken away from when she was a child...she started to see it with her own eyes in front of her. What a sight. The boy continued to kiss down her neck. Then she heard a gun shot. The decorations started to disappear...the english replaced the japanese writing, the Asian people started to disappear also. Everything went back to normal. Setsuko saw that she still wore that short black skirt with that black tank top that she put on the morning before. She looked out the window..not to the beautiful country of Japan,but to the polluted,violence infected,hell hole that is LA. But somebody was still kissing down her neck,she rolled her eyes and slapped whoever it was...she knew who it was. Kindred drooled on her neck passionately.

Kindred looked at her with a sad puppy dog face as if he was going to cry. She looked at him with a mean face. He started laughing.

"I ain't scared of you." He said.
Setsuko turned around and looked out the window some more. Kindred hugged her from behind

She ignored him and said," Where do you think I belong Kindred? Japan?"

"Hell naw!"

"But....."

"You belong in LA."

"How the fuck can you say that!" She said angrily.

"Well..thats where you at right? You should neva eva forget were you came from."

"I hate this damn city!" She said.

"Hey hey hey...it ain't that bad...look."
Kindred pointed to the large letters on that faint distant mountain that spelled out, "Hollywood".

"One day...I'm gonna take you there."

"Where?" She said irritated.

"Hollywood dumb ass,thats where it's all at."
Setsuko sighed and went back to the hospital bed. Kindred stood by her bedside.

"Hey,I'm gonna go take a shower and change into this dark blue plastic surgeon suit I found. Um........I know you need a new change of clothes too....this is all I found."

Kindred innocently handed her a short mini skirt with fishnet stocking and a halter top.

"Some stripper girl got shot dead yesterday..she forgot to take her clothes home."
Setsuko picked up a knife and longed it at Kindred. He dived into the sanitary shower just missing the point of the knife being thrown at him.

"I hope Jukoto's ok. He better not hurt her."

Click here to watch Setsuko's theme music played by Lincon Park

Last edited by Floetry Spades on Fri Apr 09, 2004 5:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.

thief of dreams
surrounded by shadows

Post by thief of dreams » Fri Apr 09, 2004 5:35 pm

hmmm.. Flo.. how to say this with out upsetting you? ok.. look... there are a few parts in here that border on obscene if not completely cross the line.. you should re evaluate this piece and re post it with a little proper editing... for now i am removing the questionable part and sending it back to you in a private message.. see what you can do to clean it up a bit k?
Last edited by thief of dreams on Fri Apr 09, 2004 5:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Thoughts are the shadows of our feelings - always darker, emptier and simpler."
Friedrich Nietzsche

Floetry Spades
I'm the Floesist

Post by Floetry Spades » Fri Apr 09, 2004 5:39 pm

I thought this was the clean part,lol.

Floetry Spades
I'm the Floesist

Post by Floetry Spades » Sun Apr 11, 2004 2:23 am

Family Reunion

*Bang*
Jukoto kicked open the front door. She grew tired of waiting. Alcoholic fumes gushed out of the small apartment. There was beer spilled on the floor,and empty cans everywhere. Letters...no Jukoto preceived them to be unpaid bills scattered across the kitchen floor,which wasn't separated from the living room. The tv was shattered as if somebody's head was shoven threw it. Jukoto flicked on an old lamp....it was a red bulb. The room was dim before,but now it has a creepy scarlet hue(red color). Jukoto gasped as she found the small couch that Setsuko was raped on. She tried to block the grotesque image out of her head but it was no use. A rat crawled from under it.....

*Bang*

Jukoto shot it,and smiled, "Father? Oh faaaaaaaaather?"

She received no response, "Where are you?"

She heard a glass breaking in one of the back room.

"Father!"

Jukoto shot at and broke the kitchen window to scare whatever was in the other room. An middle aged Asian man crawled out of one of the bedrooms. He wore an old dingy tank top with torn jeans. The man was 5'7"....barefoot and drunk. He scrambled to his feet.

"Just as I imaged you...." Jukoto said softly.

"Pathetic...."

"Setsuko? What the hell did you do to your hair."

Jukoto shot a hole in his right ankle,the man feel to one knee. He screamed out in pain.

"Jukoto! The least thing you can do for me now is get my name right!" Jukoto lost her cool..which is something she rarely does.
This was business to her,and just like her greedy mother...Jukoto always acts professional when it comes to business. She put on a smiley face. She walked over to the small couch and patted to her side, signifying for her father to sit. She pulled out a nail filer and tended to her nails while her father crawled over to the couch. Jukoto crossed her legs.

"Who the......

"Please father......I'm growing impatient." She said with a tone of royalty..as if she was a princess,which sometimes she believes she is. She shot at him again..this time breaking his shoulder blade. Jukoto choose a weak gun so she could keep her father in check....she was in no mood to play she didn't want him killed. Not before he gave her some answers as to why he did the things he did to the family.

"Lets......let's get to the point." Jukoto said putting away her cosmetic tools. She breathed in and out,trying to compose herself.

"Why did you leave me and my mother to in Japan?" She said after a moment of silence. She didn't look her father in the eye,she didn't even face his way. Jukoto now kept a trait seriously non smiley face.

"Your mother didn't have what it took to take care of my family. We argued every night....."

"Your lying"

"She stabbed me.....we fought. Over bills...and the new baby. There was
no money for food...the only income we has was from that crappy english
translating job she had."

"This is not the truth."

"You and your sister needed food...and water. I wanted to go to America to get a fresh start.We needed money!"

"No! Do not lie to me father........what happened 14 years ago that made you leave? What?"

Her father was lieing about the financial issues and Jukoto knew it.

"She lied to me!"

"What father?"

"Don't call me father...you are not my child!"

Jukoto dropped the gun out of shock. Her father tried to run and pick it up,she kicked him in the chest and back flipped back towards the gun. Her father charged her and tackled her to the ground. He now held the gun.

"We rushed you to the hospital....strapped you down and took tests. They told me you had aids...and that your father gave it to you.I was shocked because there is no history of it in my family. I wanted to kill myself because my daughter was gonna die. I was relieved to here that it was not the aids virus that you had. But then they ran blood tests...and found something new. That you were not my child. I was torn...do you know how that makes me feel. That woman..your mother..cheated on me...and told me that you were my child! You were my heart! I loved you!"

"Is it not possible for you to love me....without you being my blood father?"

"Shut up! You proper talkin bastard! Your a disgrace. And you know what? Thats why I left! To get away from you! And I took my new born baby with me."

"Fa......"

"No!

Jukoto tried hard to hold back the tears. How could her mother do this to her. All these years of searching for her father...she came so close,but now she's back were she started.

"How can you blame me for my mother's mistake?"

"Jukoto...." The old man laughed.

"...you ARE your mother's mistake."

Jukoto lunged at him...she punched him in the stomach..following up with her elbow. She continued the combo with a spin kick,knocking the man to the floor. Did she have a reason to be mad at this old man. He was of no relation to her. Jukoto thought for a second...and then she remember. How could she forget?

"You raped my sister....."

"She has learning disabilities...she fuckin retarded. I'm doing her a favor
by putting her ass to work." He chuckled.

"Allow me to take you to hell....." She shot him in the stomach, making blood gush from the man's mouth. He spit it up uncontrollably. He started to confess.

"I..I..cannot have children. It is my faught that.....yu...your....mother was not able to have children. She just..wanted...to please..me..by...giving me a child. I was wrong now....can you find it in your heart to forgive me?"

"You raped my sister...for that I can never forgive you. My time for compassion is now over." Jukoto started to speak softly as if she was chanting a spell.

"An eye for an eye" She pointed to his eyes with her gun.

"Blood for blood..." She lowered her gun and pointed to his heart.

"If one member of one's body...causes impurities and
wickedness....remove it so the rest of the being can be saved."

She lowered her gun and shot at his balls..tearing them apart. He
screamed out in more pain. Jukoto grabbed what was left of his mid section and spoke directly in his eye.

"You keep your hands off my sisiter...." She ripped them off and tossed them into a skillet in the kitchen. She turned on the stove and threw a match on it. The kitchen went up in flames. Her father crawled helplessly to his bedroom. The police stormed the house. Jukoto didn't bother to open the door while the police tried to knock it,she continued with her cooking.

Her father managed to crawled back in his room. The boy from before. The one that Jukoto gave Tylenol to. About 5'5"...long draping blonde hair..Caucasian.....deep red eyes..blood stained tuxedo. He was 18 years old. He loaded his gun and put a bullet threw the man's head. Jukoto ran into the room and screamed.

"You killed him..."

Jukoto didn't want him to die,that was the last thing she wanted. She wanted him to suffer and apologize to her sister and mother...to her family. She kinda still had feelings for him,it was the only father Setsuko had ever had, and the only father she remember from years past. His death made her cold in the heart. She quickly accepted the fact that he's gone, by stepping over him as if he wasn't there. She put the gun to the boy's head.

"If...you have any heart....any heart at all." The boy said with no emotion.

".....then you'd kill me now."

Jukoto dropped the gun.

"I wanted to return the favor." He said coldly looking to the side.

"The police....they left for now,but they will be back. I know you have no place to go, come with me. I have no place to go either."

"I want to be alone."

"You are alone..but now we can be alone together."

The boy wasn't use to this kind of affection. Jukoto helped him up off the bed,they ran towards the backdoor. They dodged the flames of the burning stove. The dead-man's genitals were still cooking. The boy barley moved,he was showing no emotion in his face at all. It was like somebody turned off the lights in his brain. He started to hold his head as if he was getting a headache. Jukoto stood back. Something was running threw the backyard and towards the backdoor. Who ever it was..they were planning on tearing the door down.

Click here for Jukoto's theme

Floetry Spades
I'm the Floesist

Post by Floetry Spades » Mon Apr 12, 2004 9:56 pm

The Scarlet Hue in his Eyes

Jukoto ducked and rolled to the side as the backdoor flew open. It fell in front of the small blonde boy. Kindred fell down on top of the door, he had kicked it down. Kindred got up and dusted himself off, he smiled at Jukoto as he touched himself. She didn't return the affection. Setsuko made her entrance and slapped him in the back of the head.

"Were's my father?" Setsuko asked.

"You tell me." Jukoto said looking her directly in the eye.

Setsuko was puzzled,"Jukoto...where's my father!"

"In Japan." She said in Japanese.

The small blonde boy's headach got worse.

"Wha!?" Setsuko ran around to the living room.

Blood was splattered everywhere. The room was an erie red color, it almost made her stomach turn. She picked up a baseball bat and swung at the red lamp,breaking it to pieces. She started to cry.

"Father! Where are you! I know your here!"

She tried to run into his bedroom, Jukoto grabbed on to her arm.

"No Setsuko.....he should be no concern of yours." She said.

Setsuko yanked her arm from out of Jukoto's hand and slapped her.

"Thats my father! And I wanna be damn sure that this bitch is dead. I'm gonna see it with my own eyes." She ran into the room.

"There is....so much that you do not know Setsuko."

Setsuko pulled her small quilt off of what looked like a dead body. She cried louder then before. Setsuko still had feelings for her father. No matter how many times she'd cuss him out or smash his head into something, he would never leave her. Friends at school would come and go, just like spring and fall,but her father was there threw it all. Why if he didn't love her,she thought, didn't he just leave. For the 14 and a half years of Setsuko's life her father took care of her, fed her, clothed her, raped her...but still was he ever not there? Something made her weep just now....the fact that she had a father and that he...no matter how evil...was always in the picture. But Setsuko knew...more then Jukoto thought she knew.

"Setsuko...he is not your....."

"I know." Setsuko said interrupting her.

"I'm not his child...and there is no way that you can be his either."

"Setsuko I'm sorry."

"You did what the fuck you had to due, quit apologizing. I hate it when you act all perfect and proper......and ugh!" Setsuko got up and walked off towards Kindred.

"Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!" The small boy shook his head violently, his nose started to bleed as he calasped on the floor.

"Mother slow down! Stop the car..your scaring me!" He screamed out.

"We have to help him" Jukoto said.

"He was the one who finished off your step father....he put that bullet threw his head."

Setsuko ran over to him and tried to talk some sense into him.

"What the hell......"

"Mother!" He screamed out.

Kindred walked over to the dead body, "Ughhhhhhhh.......look at...ugh. You off his...."

"He raped my sisiter, he does not deserve to have one."

"I guess I better be good to her."

Jukoto smiled at him,"Yes...please."

"Man your creepy when you smile."

The boy started to have a seizure. It was dark, and he was no longer able to see Kindred,Jukoto or Setsuko. His mind had drawn a dream of him in a car with his mother. They were headed for his senior graduation party. He was highly decorated with awards at his graduation the night before and he wanted to show all his friends at a private party. The name on one of his graduation awards read,"Desmond" His mother had just cheated a young thug out of his money for some cocaine. She wanted to get as far away from him as possible, she sped down the street.

"Mother! Why are you driving so fast!" Desmond yelled out.

It was the same dream that he had the night before and the night before that. It was taking over his conscience. This happened only three months ago.

"Ahhhhhhhhh!"

Setsuko looked at the boy strangly,"Kindred do something..he's freakin out!"

"No..." Jukoto said.

"It's a Shadow....a dream. He has to get over what is bothering him alone."

The three of them watched as Desmond struggled with the images in his head.

His mother,Christy,made a sharp right turn, somebody was following them. A group of thugs pulled up on the side of Christy and Desmond's car. Christy,Desmond's mother, slammed into them,making the thugs spin out of control.

"Mom I think you killed....."

"Shhhhhhhh Desmond" She said in a sweet voice. Her lips were white,she was high.

"I had to get some medicine and I didn't have enough money. Thats all, I can't let you be late for your party can I?"

"Mom I told you to quit!" Desmond said, his deep red eyes started to produce tears.

They drove into an alley.

Jukoto put a hand over his head, she said a prayer.

"I understand..."

They were blocked off, thugs and gangsters were on both sides of the alley.

Desmond looked over at his mother with a scared look on his face. She held him close....floored the petal and sped off again. Both sides of the alley had machine guns,they tore that medium siezed car apart. But they managed to get threw the crowd,running over a few thugs to get out. Christy tried to move the car but it wouldn't budge. She kept slamming her foot on the petal..nothing. A 16 year old boy yanked her out of the car.

"Hey Micheal! Leave her alone!" Somebody screamed out...it was another 16 year old. His long hair was braided with blue and white beads at the end of the cornroll. It was Kindred.

"kindred go home!"

"But!"

"Kindred! Get your but in this car!"

"Coming grandma!"

Kindred's grandmother was driving her daughter's,Kindred's mom,car back to her and Kindred's house. She gave micheal a mean look.

"God don't like ugly.....Someday.....you robbing these folks.....there gonna get you back."

"Yes ma'am."

"I say a prayer for you every night...askin the lord to change your ways of life,but you don't want to listen to his voice."

"Grandma! Your embarrassing me!" Kindred screamed out.
His grandmother told him to sit back, Kindred started crying.

"Take care Mrs.Jones!" Micheal waved at her as she and kindred drove off to their house.

"Mom! Run!" Desmond screamed out to his mother.

Micheal looked her in the eye and laughed."Where the heck is my money?"

"I-I-I.....I" She studered.

He removed the smile away from his face and put a gun to her head,"Where the fuck is my money!"

"Mom give him back the drugs!"

"It's ok Desmond.....everything's fine. I can't wait to get to your party so I can embarrass you..like I always do." She laughed with tears rolling down her face.

Sharon was there in a tight one piece black leather jump suit,and black sun glasses. She had her loud red hair in long curls. Sharon's lips had a smooth shade of red gloss, she placed them on Micheal's check.

"Take her out baby....."

"Why is you all up on me when you supposed to be wit that Asian bitch?"

"I'm wit you baby....not Jukoto. Fuck Jukoto!"

Micheal laughed," Hey lady..I ain't got all day. Where the hell is my crack.....or my money?"

"I-I-I do...d....don't have it. Please what do you want me to due..I'll do anything!"

She fell to her knee's and planted her face in his crotch.

"Watch it you cracker." Sharon pulled the woman by her blonde hair and slapped her across the face.

Desmond tried to help his mom, he punched micheal in the chest. Micheal punched him back in the face and arms, knocking him to the floor. He kicked him repeatedly. It was getting black, and Desmond couldn't see very well. His vision blurred. From a distance he could see his mother being pushed around by that big group of people, and then he saw micheal re-load his gun.

He heard a loud.......

*Bang*

It was almost pitch black....about 30 minutes before sunrise. Desmond stopped screaming,"Mother?"

Desmond looked at Jukoto. She put a wet towel over his head and nursed him back to health.

"You were dreaming....everything is fine now." The boy showed no emotion on his face.

"Who is that girl?"

He pointed to Setsuko.

"That is my sister." Jukoto said politely.

"And thats Kindred...her..well..'friend'."

"Kindred?"

"You know him?" Jukoto asked.

Desmond thought back to what happened three months ago, he saw
Kindred. At that moment something hit him, Kindred was probley the only person alive now, besides that red headed girl, who knows where the boy who shot his mother is at. He wanted to question him, but know was not the time. He heard loud police sirens coming from somewhere. He walked forward pushing a couple of long weeds out of the way. He gasped, and nearly fell over. They were on top of a mountain. Desmond walked down slowly so he wouldn't roll down. The hill was level for the most part, but still dangerous.

"Their coming." Jukoto said to Desmond.

Desmond was more concerned with where he was,then the Los Angelous police Department(LAPD). He turned around and looked up as high as he could. He nearly fell over again. Large letters were on this mountain....they spelled out.....

"Hollywood"

Click here for the theme of this chapter

negatvone
Deranged Marshmallow; Leader of The Twin

Post by negatvone » Mon Apr 12, 2004 10:02 pm

It keeps getting better. Rock on.

BrightMindDarkHeart
Clearwater Poet

Post by BrightMindDarkHeart » Thu Apr 15, 2004 11:38 am

I agree, great Flo!!! :mrgreen:
Love is what makes the world go down, as does it turn souls sour, hearts black, and you, yourself, to stone.

jhanke
Bleeding Silently In The Depths Of Fire

Post by jhanke » Fri Apr 16, 2004 9:38 pm

:bow: pretty sweet stuff Flo.....

Jen
Maybe I should of buried the butterfly instead of picking it apart.

Return to “Prose, Stories, Roleplays, Story Poems and Epics”