Roleplay: Mystery of the Darkness

A place to enjoy the interactive sport of Roleplay exercises, post your prose, short stories, story poems, prose poems and epics. This forum does not autoprune

Moderators: LadySaturn, Spazway, moonflower

daughter of the moon
Seafoam Poet

Roleplay: Mystery of the Darkness

Post by daughter of the moon » Tue Oct 28, 2003 6:56 am

i'm going to start a new role play here. Now, here's the deal:

Setting: Modern times let's say around the year 2000, US, Near the rocky mountains, for now....
Other rules: Keep it from getting deleted; The characters can be anyone, anything; also the setting can be changed so long as you tell anyone who joins, especially me.

Alright let's get a character and a beginning to this thing....

Name: Draga
Race: unknown, for there are not many of them left in the world...
Hair: Short spiky black hair
Eyes: slanted Yellow eyes with Vertical pupils
Height:6'8"
weight: 135
Other physical char.: Similar to a dragon, yet human shaped. Very tall, thin, and lithe. Face is human, ears long and pointed. Great wings sprout from between shoulder blades and has a long whiplike tail. sharp ebony talons sprout from her finger tips and toes. Her skin is a dark bluish black, the webbing of her wings and her underbelly is a deep blue.
Hand: both
Weapons: herself
Char. traits: She is lonely and deadly. She lives on the edge of being either good or evil, her temper is as long as her memory. she is temperamental, though she can be good natured when befriended. she is hunted for her killings by humans. she is a magical creature and most of the magical world knows of her. A legend is linked to her...

Draga lives in a mountainside cave deep within the rocky mountains. She has survived for many years. Lonely she sits, full of anger at the world that had shunned her. Draga is one with a legend. It is not a good one but it is not bad either. It begins that she will kill and set out to destroy the human world, yet one will befriend her and lead her to the light and together they will snuff out the empending darkness. She has pondered this many dark nights. who is the "friend?" She snorted, small flame escaping her nose. No one has talked to her for ages, why should she think the legend is real? Draga walked out and launched herself into the sky, hungry, looking for prey.
Last edited by daughter of the moon on Tue Nov 18, 2003 6:46 am, edited 3 times in total.
I wear a black ribbon for those who have died so young. Do not forget the children of Russia.
:angel:

The world turns, that's all.
You can hold on and turn with it,
or stand up to protest
and be spun right off.

:thewave:

the quiet poet
Em Hotep

Post by the quiet poet » Tue Oct 28, 2003 9:17 pm

Name: Jeremiah
Race: angel
Hair: long, golden blonde
Eyes: crystal blue
Height: varies
Weight: varies
Hand: both
Weapons: short sword/light of God
Physical traits: can appear large and imposing or normal at will; when angered, seems to give off a bright light
Character traits: a fallen angel of sorts; questioned god's decision to allow man to kill; was allowed to leave and attempt to make a change; a champion of good and righteousnes; abhores violence of any kind, but will defend himself if necessary

(I will start posting as soon as my roleplay has finished. Shouldn't be but a couple days.)

the quiet poet
Em Hotep

Post by the quiet poet » Wed Oct 29, 2003 3:51 pm

Jeremiah stood in the doorway of the Aspen coffee shop, warming himself after stepping from the cold, winter air. He walked slowly up to the counter, clearing his throat to get the attention of the hostess, who was chatting absentmindedly to a friend. She turned around quickly, shooting daggers at Jeremiah.
"Do you need something?" she said rudely.
Jeremiah smiled.
"Just a small cup of coffee to warm by bones," he saidly warmly.
The girl quickly poured him a cup and handed it to him.
"That will be $1.50," she said.
Jeremiah handed her two dollars.
"Thank you very much. Keep the change," he said.
"Oh, thanks a lot mister," the girl snorted.
Jeremiah walked to a far corner and sat down at a table by himself. Even in a lonely coffee shop there was hate. He remembered a time long ago when people welcomed strangers into their homes, and now they found hostility even in public places. He sighed deeply and sipped at his coffee. His long blonde hair fell in front of his face, hiding it from the other patrons. A tear rolled down his cheek. He sensed a deep sadness in the hearts of all those around him. They had forgotten the Lord's teachings. They had forsaken his most imporant rule: Love thy neighbor. And for that, Jeremiah wept. Suddenly, there was a hand on his shoulder.
"Excuse me, are you okay?" a sweet voice asked.
Jeremiah looked up. There stood a beautiful young girl with long, blonde hair. She had a cute, round face, and a silver cross hung from her neck.
"Yes, I am fine," he replied.
"I thought I heard you crying," she said, "Are you sure everything is all right?"
"Yes," said Jeremiah, "I was just thinking of an old friend."
"I'm sorry," she said, "How long ago did you lose him?"
"A long time ago," Jeremiah answered, "But it seems like only yesterday."
The girl smiled, rubbed Jeremiah's shoulder, and sat down in front of him.
"Would you like some company?" she asked.
Jeremiah smiled widely.
"Of course," he said.

Tom Watson
Forever Silent Friend

Post by Tom Watson » Thu Oct 30, 2003 4:45 pm

Name: Dr. Daviid Dower
Race: claims Human
Hair: short, grey
Eyes: green to gray
Height: 6'
Weight: 177
Hand: ambidextrous
Weapons: Words, Faith, unlisted
Physical traits: appears to be older and yet ageless

Tom Watson
Forever Silent Friend

Post by Tom Watson » Thu Oct 30, 2003 5:28 pm

Lightening flashed, spraying a moment of brilliance through the office windows, immediately followed by the roar of a thousand cannon, shaking the windows of the 13th floor offices of Dr. Daviid Dower.
He sat, facing the message of God as it flashed across his face, unblinking, expressionless. At the shout of affirmation, Daviid's eyes closed slowly, as he sank into the centuries long gone.
Sitting in his office, he wandered, in his mind through ancient woods, ruined castles and repeated failures, infrequent glories.
The sigh was long and lonely when it escaped and he rose from his chair at the window overlooking the new world, thinking how things never change. Walking over to the table in the middle of the sparsely furnished room, he absent mindedly pushed around the fragile ancient documents, searching for the one that had raised the storm of past memories.
"Why now?" he thought as he located it pushed up against the few relics of ancient weapons at the edge of the table. "After all of these years, nay, centuries, when the past had finally been escaping from my dreams, why must you appear to me now?!" He put his hands to his head as another message flashed through the window, followed by the affirming roar.
"Yes, I understand. It is about to begin again, with only two choices for an ending. I am just so tired. Can you guarantee the help you offer will be willing? I can't handle another let down, nor can the world."
Light flashed again, setting the entire room ablaze in an angry red glow, as the immediate affirmation sent cracks streaking across the windows.
"I know. I am sorry. I wasn't doubting, it's just that I am so tired." Daviid thought as he leaned against the far wall, his hand resting on the ancient curled scroll, tears of remorse for lost loves and lost friends, and the fear of more to come.

the quiet poet
Em Hotep

Post by the quiet poet » Thu Oct 30, 2003 5:47 pm

"So, are you from around here?" the kind voice asked.
Jeremiah brushed the hair from his voice. A tear hung in the corner of his eye, and he quickly wiped it away.
"No, I've just moved hear from the east," he replied, his voice quivering slightly.
"Are you sure there's nothing wrong?" she asked again, "You seem like something is bothering you."
Jeremiah shook his head.
"It's nothing that you could really understand," he said, "I don't mean to sound condescending."
The young woman took his hand.
"If you don't feel comfortable talking about it, then you don't have to," she said softly.
Jeremiah smiled. Perhaps the world was not in as bad of shape as he had thought. Suddenly, a man burst into the coffee house, brandishing a pistol.
"All right, everybody down on the ground, now!" he screamed.
The young girl shrieked, cowering under the table. Jeremiah ducked down as well.
"Never fear," he reassured her, "I will take care of this."
Jeremiah approached the man, and appeared to grow with anger. The man pointed his pistol at Jeremiah's head.
"Back off man, or I'll blow your f*cking head off!" he threatened.
Jeremiah grabbed the man's wrist, snapping the bone. The man screamed, dropping his gun and falling to the ground, clutching his wrist. Jeremiah took the gun and pointed it at him. He turned to the manager.
"Call the police," he said.
The manager nodded, and quickly dialed 911. Within minutes, the police arrived and took the would-be-robber into custody. The next day, all local media outlets hailed Jeremiah as a local hero. The town's mayor even invited him to town hall to thank him personally. Jeremiah walked quietly into town hall that day, and stepped into the mayor's office.
"Thank you very much for inviting me here, sir," he said.
"No, it is I who must thank you," said the mayor, "You saved a lot of lives yesterday."
"It is what any good Christian would do," he replied.
The mayor smiled warmly.
"If only more Christians were like you sir," he beamed.
As Jeremiah walked back to his apartment later that day, the mayor's statement resonated in his head.
"If only," he thought.

Duchess
The Irish Rose

Post by Duchess » Fri Oct 31, 2003 10:59 am

Ok people...time for the Duchess to get invovled...

Name: Ann Michaels
Race: Human
Hair: long and a mix of red and black
Eyes: greenish blue
Height: 5'5
Weight: 120
Hand: right
Weapons: kindness, the Bible, and my Faith
Physical traits: beautiful eyes and a charming smile
Note: She is a caring person, a missionary who travels but soon gets into trouble on her own...and she also has a secret to hide.....
Last edited by Duchess on Sun Nov 02, 2003 2:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Our minds create our realities based on our perceptions and how we view our world..." "In crazy mans world, everyone else is insane and he is the only sane one"
Both said by My Georgia Muse

I miss my baby...R.I.P Chyna
~*}i{*Duchess*}i{*~

I wish to live in a world where chickens can cross the road without their motives being questioned.

Duchess
The Irish Rose

Post by Duchess » Fri Oct 31, 2003 11:13 am

Ann walked down the streets on Aspen looking for the church she was to speak at that night when a small boy approached her.

"What's that?" he asked pointing to the bible I had in my hand.

"The Holy Bible," I answered with a bright smile, "Are you out alone?"

The boy nodded.

"Where are your parents?" Ann asked just then realizing the state of the boys clothing.

"They are in heaven," the boy said.

"What's your name?" Ann asked kneeling down in front of the boy.

"Adam," he answered, "What's your name?"

"My name is Ann," she answered, "Do you live around here?"

"I live in that ally over there," Adam answered, "I'm homeless,"

"Well your not anymore, you can come home with me," Ann said.

"I can?!" the boy asked his eyes lighting up.

"Yeah, you can," she answered holding out her hand for him to take, "Do you have any belongings you would like to get?"

The boy shook his head.

"Ok then, let's go to the store then we will go back to my loft and get something to eat," Ann said as the boy took her hand, "Would you like that?"

"Oh yes!" Adam answered eagerly.

Ann smiled and prayed for God to help her to find out exactly who this child was and to send her the help she needed to find the church she needed to find. She had not lived in Aspen long and didn't know where the church was, but she did know that someone had sent this child to her and he needed her help...she just prayed she would get it....

(ok, I'm not sure if I left this open ended or not, but just try to do something with it. :lol: )
"Our minds create our realities based on our perceptions and how we view our world..." "In crazy mans world, everyone else is insane and he is the only sane one"

~*}i{*Duchess*}i{*~

I wish to live in a world where chickens can cross the road without their motives being questioned.

Barbathos
The Dragon Song Poet

Post by Barbathos » Fri Oct 31, 2003 9:12 pm

Name: Bearrendosent
Race: Hybird (black dragon/human)
Hair: Jet black
Eyes: Grey(no glint)
Height: 6'11"
Weight: 182 lbs.
Physical char.: appears to be made out of obsidien at a distance, serpantine eyes, squarish snout, tail 3'4" long, wings with a span of 12', soild musle mass.
Hand: Right
Weapons: Twin bladed war axe in the shape of a cross, acid ecthed, acid stream 90' long and 3" thick and acid spray in a 30 degree angle 60' long and verious thickness, tail,claws and fangs.
Char. traits: Cannot be seen in shadows, highly missunderstood for his looks, he is a god bering man in the prime of his life, prefers to live in swamps alone.
Last edited by Barbathos on Tue Nov 04, 2003 11:56 am, edited 1 time in total.

Barbathos
The Dragon Song Poet

Post by Barbathos » Fri Oct 31, 2003 9:23 pm

I had desided to fly to the moutains for a vacation, to get away from the hassles of the people that never understood me or just never wanted to. I flew all the way from the Ever Glades of Flordia to the Rocky Moutains. As I sored high into the sky, the wind whipping through my hair, i noticed an object moveing streight at me. I dive to make sure that i dont have a confrontation whith what ever it was and fly below the cloud level. The moutains came in to view and i smiled with joy, the first smile in years. I landed in the snow covered grounds and started to surch a cave to my fitting.

After a long surch i found the cave i would use for my stay. The only problem was that it smelled of black bear, but i took my chances and made it my home for the time i was staying.

His Barbie Doll
Peppermint Princess
Tag line: Bc Im cool like that

Post by His Barbie Doll » Fri Oct 31, 2003 10:03 pm

Name: Jessica Mendley
Race: Human/Shape shifter (?)
Hair: long red hair
Eyes: ash grey
Height: 5'5
Weight: 126
Hand: right
Weapons: Her ability to turn into anything she pleases and have all the power and ability that creature can possibly have. (example- If she became a bear she would have it's full strength... if she became a rabbit she would have it's stealth... etc. you get the picture...) and has a close relationship with God.
Physical traits: scar of a cross on her upper left cheek near her eye, intriguing eyes.

Jessica had been in cat form relaxing on a tree limb when she had noticed Ann, and what she had done.

"Hm... Interesting..." Jessica thought to herself as she jumped out the tree. When she hit the ground, feet first, she was in human form again "Now to find Ann and Adam," Jessica said aloud to herself as she began to go in the direction Ann and Adam had gone.

Jessica shifted into hawk form and took flight. It didn't take long for her to find Ann and Adam. They were headed into a small 'mom and pop' store.

Jessica swooped down into the alley next to the store, shifted back to human, and entered the store.

Adam already had his arms full of treats he wanted to try, and Ann, being the kind woman she was, agreed to buy him anything he wanted.

They took the goodies up to the counter and put them down.

"That be all for ya?" the cashier asked.

"Sure will," Ann said with a smile, then asked"I was wondering if you knew where the Snowcap Nazerene church was."

"I'm sorry, no I don't," the cashier said shaking his head, "That'll be thirty-two dollars and eighty three cents ma'am."

"Uh oh," Ann said as she searched through her wallet, then her pockets, and then the rest of her purse, "I only have ten." Ann looked at Adam with a sad look, but before she could speak Jessica walked up next to her.

"Thirty two dollars," Jessica said handing the cashier a ten, a five, and a bunch of ones, then turning to Ann asked, "Got eighty three cents?"

Ann stood flabbergasted for a moment before Adam tugged on her shirt and snapped her out of it, "Oh! Uh... yeah..." Ann counted out eighty three cents and handed it to the cashier.

"By the way, the Snowcap Nazerene church is down the street on your right," Jessica said as she looked through a newspaper.

"Thank you and have a nice evening," the cashier said with a warm smile and a nod.

"You too," Ann said as she got the bags of food, still in shock. When she went to thank Jessica, she was gone.
Last edited by His Barbie Doll on Mon Nov 03, 2003 7:32 am, edited 2 times in total.
"Don't doubt yourself... Others will do that for you..."
"There's a reason for everything, and everything has a reason..."
}|#*~*|Me|*~*#|{

Wanna see my Barbie Collection? Click here!

*Bow to the Princess, and she shall bow to you!*

Tom Watson
Forever Silent Friend

Post by Tom Watson » Sat Nov 01, 2003 6:56 pm

The two attorneys from the World Trade Group stood outside the elevator watching the numbers drop from "P" to "20" and on down, each lost in their own thoughts, oblivious to the other, watching the number descend, waiting for the "14" that rested above the "12" to glow its arrival.
In a moment the bell announcing the cars arrival sounded, the doors opened to an empty box and they stepped in, and on each side of the doors, they simultaneously pushed "M". Doors swooshed silently as they closed. Neither noticed the shimmering air as they descended to floor 12 and beyond. Nor did they notice the sudden appearance of a third passenger. Daviid Dower stood in the back, quietly waiting to reach the "G' floor which was lit on the destination panel.
Even though the 13th floor never exists on the buildings of reality, the elevator remained a useful tool for its use.
Exiting into the garage, Daviid paused and listened to sounds only he and others of his nature could hear. A shudder passed through him. "It has arrived in the mountains" he thought. "So soon. Lakia?" The name had come as a dream, not having been thought of for untold ages. "Could she still be able to know of her nature? Even after all of these centuries of denying herself of its truth?" The last he had seen or heard from her she had assumed her second kindred form; that of a Dragon and had vanished into folklore. Never aging with the pureblood of Elf flowing in her, she had remained as an enigma, a legend throughout the ages. Daviid worried that it may have been too long now and that she may have lost her true nature to the force of the dragon spirit. She had stated that she was ready to do battle again but it was too soon then. As it turned out, centuries too soon.
With the darkness of evil now residing in the mountains to the west, Daviid had to find a way to reach that part of the dragon nature that remained as Lakia, Elf Princess.
Pushing those concerns back for the moment, he jumped into his Hummer and started out of the garage. He needed to go to the Court house and quickly. An opportunity for good fortune was there, named Jeremiah.
At a stop light, he suddenly picked up the sensation that only a shape-shifter presents to him. Looking to the corner he spotted her/it following a young lady, about whom a strange aura of white seemed to flow, and a young boy.
"Strange. It seems the division between this reality and the magical dimension is failing. There is not time to be lost. Some things never change." he thought, a furrow forming above his brows, as with increasing concern, he pulled into the parking area in front of the Court house steps, just as Jeremiah exited the building.
"Whispers of Love" a book of poetry expressing love of the heart and spirit is released worldwide on August 11, 2009. Visit my home page at
Books From Grace for more information or Amazon.com

the quiet poet
Em Hotep

Post by the quiet poet » Sun Nov 02, 2003 12:11 am

As Jeremiah walked slowly down the courthouse steps, he sensed a presence. He could not be certain, but it was certainly divinely-inspired. As if whoever he sensed had been touched by God himself. He turned his head to the left, spying an older man getting out of his car. This was the one he sensed. Yet, he could not make anything of him. He seemed fairly normal, nothing out of the ordinary. And yet, he emitted a vibe that was unmistakable. The last individual who carried such a presence was Christ himself. This man was not the Lord, and yet Jeremiah could feel the divine presence within him. Perhaps this was the one that was spoken of so often in Heaven. Before Jeremiah had left, he had been under the command of Michael and Gabriel. Michael had often spoken of a man who would carry out God's will in the absence of Christ, one who would bear the weight of man's sin. Jeremiah shuddered at the thought. Christ could bear such a burden because he was the son of God. But how could a mere man withstand the brunt of humanity's sins? Even if this was not that man, the divine presence was unmistakable nonetheless. Jeremiah watched silently as Daviid entered the courthouse, unaware that the good doctor had sensed him as well. As he stepped inside the building's atrium, he thought to himself.
"Who was that man?" he wondered, "He did not seem like a man at all, but rather, no that is not possible. Angels do not leave Heaven."
And yet, the idea remained in his mind. Try as he might, he could not shake the notion that perhaps an angel did walk among humans. Whoever the man was, Daviid knew that he was no ordinary individual. He sighed heavily as he walked down the corridor.

Duchess
The Irish Rose

Post by Duchess » Sun Nov 02, 2003 2:31 pm

Ann took Adam back to her loft that she had just aquired only a few weeks earlier and let him take a bath. Her sister Kiaria had left some clothes from when her and her son Brandon had helped her move in. Looking at them she figured they would be big enough for Adam and laid them on the toliet seat and left the room.
Looking around she spotted her messenger bag on the couch. Picking it up she looked inside and took out her notebook. Sitting down at the table she opened it and began to write.

Dear Journal,
Today as I walked these cold streets I found a young boy of maybe 10 and brought him home. I felt something with him, he holds great power. I'm not sure what to do with him. Then there was this woman at the store who helped me buy the boy food. There is something strange about her too, I'll soon find out. Do you have any ideas? Well, hopefully you can give me guidence on what to do with this young child and this woman...

Ann closed the notebook and said a silent prayer then went to the bathroom to check on Adam. When they returned the notebook was gone and so was the messenger bag.

"I'm hungry," Adam said his hair was all wetted down across his face.

Someone knocked at the door before she could answer him.

"Adam why don't you go over and find something in the fridge and I'll answer the door." Ann said as she ushered him into the other part of the loft and went to the door.

She was suprised and shocked to see the person on the otherside.

~*}i{*Duchess*}i{*~

His Barbie Doll
Peppermint Princess
Tag line: Bc Im cool like that

Post by His Barbie Doll » Mon Nov 03, 2003 6:18 am

“Hello stranger,” smiled Jessica as she stepped into the room, she kept her hands behind her back, “May I come in?”

“Uh… um… yeah,” Ann stuttered as Adam came up behind her eating a dill pickle.

“I realized I never told you my name at the store the other night,” Jessica said as she extended her right hand from behind her back, “My name is Jessica Mendley.”

Ann took Jessica’s hand and said, “Ann Michaels.”

“And I’m Adam,” Adam piped up cheerily with a big smile on his face, “Do you have a pet?”

Jessica laughed; many children had asked her that. She supposed they asked because they got a sense of the animal in her, and didn’t know any better than to think ‘pet’. “No dear boy, I do not have a pet.”

“Oh,” Adam said, looking a little sad about Jessica’s answer. Then looking at Ann said, “Can I get a puppy?”

“I don’t think so Adam,” Ann said shaking her head.

“You’re name’s Adam huh?” Jessica asked.

“Yep,” Adam nodded.

“Well did you know that the first man God created was named Adam?” Jessica asked with a grin.

“Really?” Adam asked skeptically.

“Yes sir-ree,” Jessica answered, “That is a very special name.” Jessica still had her left hand behind her back. She smiled widely as she leaned down to look Adam in the eye, “Close your eyes young one.”

Adam closed his eyes and Jessica pulled a brown and black, stuffed puppy from behind her and said, “Ok. Open ‘em.”

Adam cautiously opened his right eye first and upon seeing the dog squealed, “Cool! Thanks!”

With that Adam bounced off to the couch to play with his new stuffed friend.

“Wow!” Ann said, “You’re just full of gifts aren’t you?”

“That’s my specialty,” Jessica said as she looked to her right in the direction Adam had gone.

Ann noticed the scar of a cross on Jessica’s cheek but didn’t say anything.

“Well, I better get going,” Jessica said with a sigh and a nod as she stepped out the door quickly.

“But…” Ann began but when she looked out the door Jessica was gone, “What in the world?”

Jessica got onto the sidewalk and headed towards the courthouse. On the way she literally ran into a man. He seemed rather tall, and had long, golden hair, that seemed to shine in the sun.

“Excuse me,” Jessica said her embarrassment apparent on her face.

“It was nothing,” the man smiled as he continued to walk.

“Lord, you know, you really do enjoy making me bump into your people don’t you? You know they give me chills.” Jessica said as she looked at the sky, and then continued to walk.
"Don't doubt yourself... Others will do that for you..."
"There's a reason for everything, and everything has a reason..."
}|#*~*|Me|*~*#|{

Wanna see my Barbie Collection? Click here!

*Bow to the Princess, and she shall bow to you!*

Return to “Prose, Stories, Roleplays, Story Poems and Epics”