Three Ways of Her Death

A place to enjoy the interactive sport of Roleplay exercises, post your prose, short stories, story poems, prose poems and epics. This forum does not autoprune

Moderators: LadySaturn, Spazway, moonflower

Black Star Shine
Demonic Grinning Poet
Tag line: You Haunt My Soul

Three Ways of Her Death

Post by Black Star Shine » Sat Nov 08, 2008 1:17 pm

Three Ways of Her Death
Black Star Shine

Charlie

Mommy’s sad. Daddy holds her like baby sister. I don’t know why mommy says she hurts. All she needs is a band-aid. That always helps me. I don’t think they know I’m here. I heard a noise and found them in here. They are both on the floor. The kitchen is still dirty from breakfast. I want to give mommy a kiss-better like she gives me. Mommy shakes in daddy’s arms. Daddy’s crying harder then Mommy. Baby sister starts to fuss. They don’t hear, so I go try to tell her Mommy’s just sad and it will get better.

Adrian

Elizabeth burns in my arms as I try and control her tremors. This is the worse attack she’s had all year. I can’t help but cry as her own tears stain my shirt. I grasp her peanut buttery hand as she coughs harshly into my shoulder. “Liz, just get it all out, it’ll pass, it’ll pass.” I sob. I kiss her hand several times as it shakes in my firm grip. She looks at me through her piercing green eyes.

“I… can’t… breathe!” she grabs onto my shirt with her other hand as she coughs again and again. I pull her in tighter to my body and rock back and forth whispering to her about everything we have planned for the day. Her hand moves to the back of my head and clenches onto my hair as she hurls once in my lap, but I don’t notice the pain or the puke. I rub her back lovingly as she presses her hot forehead against my neck and cries more and more. My tears fall into her hair, dampening it more then when Charlie spilled a bit of his orange juice into it. “I can’t… can’t…”

“Keep talking baby, what can’t you do?” I plead through a shaky voice. She shakes more violently and sobs through her coughing that’s getting worse every time she tries to inhale. I can’t convince myself to leave her to find the doctors number. I can’t even begin to imagine where Charlie has run off to. I hold her closer and closer.

Elizabeth

Imagine getting caught in a blizzard in Antarctica while butt naked… I’m ten times colder then that… My chest burns every time I try to take a breath, blocking the particles with an army of impossible force. Every time I cough I feel razors scraping my throat. Adrian’s body can’t get me warm enough as I try over and over to just dissolve into him. The stomach acid that comes up makes my whole insides writher in agonizing pain. Even though my insides feel like they’ve been thrown into an oven, I’m so cold on the outside. “Breathe” Adrian whispers to me.

“Cant” I cough into his chest. I look through my tear blinded eyes to see blood on his once clean shirt and hear the faint cry of my little girl in the other room.

“No…” Adrian cries out as he wipes the blood dotting my lips. “No!” he cradles me closer as I try and control what I already know is getting out of hand.

“Adrian…” I say and my voice hurts to escape. “Tell Char… Charlie… and… and Krista… I… I love them… Mommy’s so proud of them…” I pinch my eyes close as Adrian shakes his head and kissed my fingertips. “And… tell Charlie to keep… keep… drawing…”

“You’re not going Liz, you’re not!” Adrian yells at me.

“Adrian… Adrian… I love… I love you…” I cough more into his chest as I get colder and colder… this time on the inside as well.

“I love you Elizabeth…” Adrian coos over and over… the last thing I hear…

heinzs
The Fat Cat
Tag line: Do no harm

Re: Three Ways of Her Death

Post by heinzs » Tue Nov 11, 2008 8:52 pm

:cool: :cool:
An' it harm none, do what ye will. Blessed Be.
My Poet's Page Archive | Topics I've started

Return to “Prose, Stories, Roleplays, Story Poems and Epics”