If not me, then who?

A place to enjoy the interactive sport of Roleplay exercises, post your prose, short stories, story poems, prose poems and epics. This forum does not autoprune

Moderators: LadySaturn, Spazway, moonflower

Black Star Shine
Demonic Grinning Poet
Tag line: You Haunt My Soul

If not me, then who?

Post by Black Star Shine » Fri Jun 27, 2008 12:45 pm

If I can't be myself, then who can I be? All you ever want is to tell me what to do, how to act, what to say. I don't seem to get much of a choice around here. I feel like someone is standing on my chest, not allowing me to breath my own air. If I can't be myself, then who can I be? I know I'm not the popular chick, I'm not the skank or the whore, I'm not cheer captain, and I'm not everyone's best friend. I may be the somewhat of a leader of the forgotten, but even they have rules. I'm not the prom queen, I'm not Miss America, I'm not even runner up. I'm a nobody, the last resort, the third wheel. If I can't be myself, then who can I be? People come and complain, because they just got dumpped... again. This is only thier twenty seventh relationship! Oh no! They're life is over! I havent had a guy like my in sixteen frickin years! I know that you know I'll listen to you vent, but I need some venting every once and a while also! If I can't be myself, then who can I be? Yes, It's great that you are MVP, amazing that your the "Spirit of Syracuse", utterly awesome that you are first chair. But, will you read something for me? ...later?... maybe?... I'll take that as a no. If I can't be myself, then who can I be? Will you please tell me? I'm sick of being pushed down because you think I can't get back up. That you believe one day I'll just give in, give out, give up. But I won't, because even though I'm not perfect, I'm not everything, I'm not you. I'm still me! and I'm in charge of my life!

Cyan
Clearwater Poet

Re: If not me, then who?

Post by Cyan » Fri Jun 27, 2008 12:54 pm

totally old-school punk-rock ~.o

I could totally see someone screamin through that in a 30 second blur on stage

:cheers:
"in the bright light of day and even in the happiest moments of our waking spirit we are ordered around a little by the habits of our dreams."
- Nietzsche

Black Star Shine
Demonic Grinning Poet

Post by Black Star Shine » Fri Jun 27, 2008 1:31 pm

really? :oops: thanks

Cyan
Clearwater Poet

Post by Cyan » Fri Jun 27, 2008 1:44 pm

yeah, perhaps your avatar put the thought into my head a bit.. but i've got an image of some of the exstremely fast blurting energetic folks in my head.. from way way back when
"in the bright light of day and even in the happiest moments of our waking spirit we are ordered around a little by the habits of our dreams."
- Nietzsche

JGarrison
Babbling Brook Poet

Post by JGarrison » Fri Jun 27, 2008 3:58 pm

i can actually see what you're sayin cyan, but i also can see it as a bit of a henry rollins intense spoken word performance too :lol:

but BSS, don't worry, stay true to yourself and forget the naysayers, its like lester bangs says in Almost Famous: "don't worry you'll see them all again on the long road to the middle." and by the time you get there if you're true to yourself, you'll have nothing to really regret while the ones who told you to be otherwise will have pasts riddled with regret... you've got a strong mind and a (seemingly) good heart there kid keep chipping away with it because its more than a lot of people have...
“What’s in store for me in the direction I don’t take?”

-Jack Kerouac-

Black Star Shine
Demonic Grinning Poet

Post by Black Star Shine » Fri Jun 27, 2008 6:32 pm

thanks JG, that relly means alot

Return to “Prose, Stories, Roleplays, Story Poems and Epics”