How to: Register and log in

Check here to get help on how to do various aspects of posting on the Poetry Pages.

Moderator: thief of dreams

heinzs
The Fat Cat
Tag line: Do no harm

How to: Register and log in

Post by heinzs » Mon Feb 20, 2006 12:08 am

Before you can post, reply to posts, chat or create a poet's page you must first be registered and logged in to this site.

How to Register:

Step 1. Click on the Register link.

Step2. This is the standard agreement text for using the forums, basically just some legal mumble jumble saying you won't use the forums in any illegal way. Click on the appropriate link.

Step3. Enter in Your Name (username), your Email Address and the Password you would like to use. These are the only required fields that need to be filled out. The username is what you will use to log in and it will also be displayed as your name in the posts, chat room etc.

Step 4. Add any additional information to your profile if you desire.

Step 5. When all the information is entered click the Submit button at the bottom of the page.

Step 6. You will recieve an account created page with instructions for activating your account.

Step 7. An email will be sent to the email address you provided. Click on the URL in the email to activate your new account.

Step 8 Your new account is now activated and you may log in.

How To Log In:

Once you are registered you can log into the site.

From the main page enter in your Username and password you used when you registered. If you don't want to have to log in everytime you come to the site check the "log me in automatically each visit" button. This will almost always work but there may be times when it doesn't work right and you will have to log in again.

An' it harm none, do what ye will. Blessed Be.
My Poet's Page Archive | Topics I've started

heinzs
The Fat Cat

Re: How to: Register and log in

Post by heinzs » Sun Nov 13, 2011 3:56 pm

Note: Due to the large number of spam registrations your registration entry will now be moderated by an administrator. Your legitimate account will be activated in as timely a fashion as humanly possible. I appologize for the inconvenience and the "wait", but you may blame the spammers for this delay.

LadySaturn
Ruler of Saturn
Tag line: Poet Laureate Nov 2011

Post by LadySaturn » Wed Jun 13, 2012 1:51 pm

Thank you Pops. I can't keep on drowning the spammers in the pool. The pool is getting overcrowded with bodies.

You might want to also add that their first post has to be one in the new members forum. They have to introduce themselves so we know they are the real deal. Because some spammers do go through all that hassle to still spam.. Bastards.. I will drown them all.. Anywho, it's just a suggestion..

heinzs
The Fat Cat

Post by heinzs » Wed Jun 13, 2012 5:18 pm

Some spammers have registered in order to send private messages with advertisements to the other members. I delete those as fast as I can find them, too.

The first three posts a new member makes must be approved by a moderator. After that they're free to go.

Cheerio!

Pops

:hello:

heinzs
The Fat Cat

Post by heinzs » Thu Jun 01, 2017 10:56 pm

Registrations will now be moderated by admin. The new board format has resulted in no new spam registrations since the upgrade. I'm very happy with that.

Return to “Instructions and How To:”