A walk at night.

Poetry Pages members' lounge. Any topic welcome within propriety guidelines.

Moderators: LadySaturn, Spazway

Eternum 1
Black Ferret Poet

A walk at night.

Post by Eternum 1 » Thu May 28, 2015 2:38 am

I used to walk a lot when I was younger and the late hours of night before dawn was my favorite time. The quiet of Lake Christina seemed almost surreal in those halcyon days. I reminisce as I walk by a different shimmering body of water; this one closer to the Rockies and the snow capped birthplace of the Columbia River. The lake's surface is a mirror to the myriad stars spilling across the black tapestry overhead. The fiery living corona of the setting sun fought for its last bit of relevance before being segued into a warm and deepening twilight. Heralded by a opening aria of homecoming birds and insects in silhouette against the dim silver of a waxing half moon, the canvas made the night special for me once more. I realise that I'm alone here; with a tumor growing within me. That's what someone told me today. But this night is not lonely. It's home.

ET

bags123
Insufferable Crouton

Re: A walk at night.

Post by bags123 » Thu May 28, 2015 8:12 am

So sorry to hear about your condition. Enjoy every minute you can my friend. Can it be removed?
I prefer to keep an open mind,....but not so much that my brains fall out.- Carl Sagan
Your brain is like an umbrella. It only works when it's open- Someone Smart

Poet of the Month
March 2011

Eternum 1
Black Ferret Poet

Post by Eternum 1 » Thu May 28, 2015 9:12 am

Am awaiting word from the Oncologist about surgery and alternatives but I am hopeful (full of hope?). In any case; my bucket list is complete (except for Charlize Theron) and I am ready for what tomorrow brings.

Thanks for the sage advice about enjoying every minute and no need to be sorry, Gerry. I'm still aiming for the perfect poem before I put down my pen for good.

Dennis

bags123
Insufferable Crouton

Post by bags123 » Thu May 28, 2015 11:23 am

What a surprise,...Charlize is on my bucket list too. I'd send out a special request for her to visit you,...but she's ignored all my invitations so far. You'll be in my thoughts Dennis. Here's hoping it can be extracted and you'll continue to get older and grumpier. :cheers:
I prefer to keep an open mind,....but not so much that my brains fall out.- Carl Sagan
Your brain is like an umbrella. It only works when it's open- Someone Smart

Poet of the Month
March 2011

nekot
Poetry Piper

Post by nekot » Tue Jun 02, 2015 7:52 am

Oh my Eturnum....

As you painted a beautiful picture...I was right there. I could here and feel the sunset and stars and moon and nightsounds.
And then the bombshell information. It was a heart stopper for me. (Just for a moment...I'm still here! )

I echo Bags.

So sorry about the news and to enjoy every moment. <3

I look forward to your perfect poem. Though you have quite a few of those already! (perfect poems)

I'll be thinking of you and yours. :hugs:
~eloquently scattered~
nekot's tokens

Eternum 1
Black Ferret Poet

Post by Eternum 1 » Wed Jun 03, 2015 10:50 pm

Thank you Nekot. Sharing such thoughts isn't easy but the realisation that someone actually hears/reads/understands...........well, that is really something.

My fondest regards to you and yours,

ET

LadySaturn
Ruler of Saturn
Tag line: Poet Laureate Nov 2011

Post by LadySaturn » Fri Jun 12, 2015 7:55 pm

I like to go for walks too. It gives me time to reflect on a lot of things and appreciate nature at the same time. Some of my best creative ideas have come from those walks. :hello:

Eternum 1
Black Ferret Poet

Post by Eternum 1 » Wed Jul 29, 2015 12:00 pm

The experts have determined that the growth in my abdomen is situated in a area that is too difficult to do a biopsy on. There are various reasons for this including the location being between and possibly joined to 2 internal organs so that it only appears momentarily under the ribs during ultra sound and second being that the mass is surrounded by a vital artery that could bleed out rather quickly. The tissue mass itself has grown from 1.5 centimetres to 3.5 according to a recent ultra sound and CT scan.

But the blood tests are good so far and that is encouraging.

I have to say I regret this news being a cause for concern among my fellow poets and I can assure you that I have as much time as any of us can be sure of to complete this journey. Time is too precious to waste. I knew this long before getting a medical diagnosis and have tried to live accordingly. In other words my bucket list was completed along with my fuckit list quite some time ago.

I am still walking at night though not always alone. I have met a lovely former Welsh woman with the name Marelon and she is my heart's guide and companion these days. Her home and furry companions, Wysper the appaloosa mare and Aiden the Karelian bear dog and several barn cats provide a open refuge for me when I'm not skulking about these parched hills and streams (hope this drought ends soon).

Love is always around us and nothing can defeat it, not our mortal bodies that were never meant to last and not our human prejudices and failings.

Thanks to Heinz for letting me know of the feelings felt by a very special member and poet. I think of her and my poetry pages friends often and with fondness and true affection.

ET

LadySaturn
Ruler of Saturn
Tag line: Poet Laureate Nov 2011

Post by LadySaturn » Fri Jul 31, 2015 11:58 pm

What doctors can't do, only God can. Stay strong Mikey, I'm sending prayers and angels your way :hugs: .

MJPease
Quixotic Rambler

Post by MJPease » Wed Sep 30, 2015 9:31 am

Hello Denis, I hope things are going in the right direction for you my friend. You might find this odd, I watch or listen to Rachel Maddow on a regular basis. Often when as I'm listening to her I think of you. I know that this association goes back many years to some sort of an exchange here on the Page's. This is my awkward way of saying that even in my absence you've been on my mind and always will be in a most positive way My Friend. Take Care
Take me back, so far back, adjust this fate. Afeared lately of pen, in abscence of light. The fear I might stumble upon a plagiarized soul. Wipe this dark slate clean, regain my thought. Add the words that rekindle my depth of soul.

Sincerely

Michael J Pease

Eternum 1
Black Ferret Poet

Post by Eternum 1 » Tue Oct 27, 2015 10:46 am

Thanks Mike and I'm still watching Rachel as well. I still have her e-mail from that day and will keep it always.

Return to “Open Discussions and Members' Messages”