Good morning campers

Poetry Pages members' lounge. Any topic welcome within propriety guidelines.

Moderators: LadySaturn, Spazway

preston
Forever Silent Friend

Good morning campers

Post by preston » Fri Mar 20, 2015 10:55 am

I'm your Uncle Ernie
And I welcome you to Hillary's Holiday Camp.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=p ... nqTCah_03g

The camp with the difference
Never mind the weather
When you come to Hillary's
The holiday's forever !

:thewave:

MJPease
Quixotic Rambler

Re: Good morning campers

Post by MJPease » Mon Mar 23, 2015 11:05 am

We (my wife Lucy and Son Jim) were just traveling down memory lane the other day. Talking about how great it was when we owned our own camp :cheers: The years of each summer weekend spent drinking beer fishing drinking beer grilling drinking beer fishing drinking beer deep fry'n a turkey or two and yes then drinking ice cold beer around the campfire with friends and family beneath the tall pines priceless. Lucy and I finally got tired of being the last ones to leave each and every Sunday after the long hard day of cleaning and closing up camp for the work week and the long drive home. :shrug: It got old after a while
Take me back, so far back, adjust this fate. Afeared lately of pen, in abscence of light. The fear I might stumble upon a plagiarized soul. Wipe this dark slate clean, regain my thought. Add the words that rekindle my depth of soul.

Sincerely

Michael J Pease

bags123
Insufferable Crouton

Post by bags123 » Tue Mar 24, 2015 4:23 am

I'm all for having fun. Can't argue with Hillary on that point. Plenty of others that I could,...but not fun. How can anyone argue about having fun. I enjoy a little fun now and then. Adult Camps might be just what we need. I'll volunteer as a counselor. :cheers:
I prefer to keep an open mind,....but not so much that my brains fall out.- Carl Sagan
Your brain is like an umbrella. It only works when it's open- Someone Smart

Poet of the Month
March 2011

preston
Forever Silent Friend

Post by preston » Tue Mar 24, 2015 7:42 am

MJPease wrote: Lucy and I finally got tired of being the last ones to leave each and every Sunday after the long hard day of cleaning and closing up camp for the work week and the long drive home. :shrug: It got old after a while
At Hillary's, nobody has to stay for the cleanup and nobody has to endure the long drive home.

:thumbsup:

bags123
Insufferable Crouton

Post by bags123 » Tue Mar 24, 2015 1:34 pm

Speaking of fun; Up our way in a little town called Hunter,...they've been having a little musical get together called "Mountain Jam" for awhile now. Every year in June the tribes gather for a 4 day camp out music festival at Hunter Ski Lodge. This year it's actually attracted The Black Keys, and Robert Plant among it's performers. I might invite Hillary to the event. :computer:
I prefer to keep an open mind,....but not so much that my brains fall out.- Carl Sagan
Your brain is like an umbrella. It only works when it's open- Someone Smart

Poet of the Month
March 2011

MJPease
Quixotic Rambler

Post by MJPease » Wed Mar 25, 2015 11:02 am

You might invite Hillary! What am I! Chicken Liver! Don't you think I would like :shrug: to be invited to something like that :crying: How insulting Bags would prefer to hang out with my girlfriend Hillary. Take Care
Take me back, so far back, adjust this fate. Afeared lately of pen, in abscence of light. The fear I might stumble upon a plagiarized soul. Wipe this dark slate clean, regain my thought. Add the words that rekindle my depth of soul.

Sincerely

Michael J Pease

Return to “Open Discussions and Members' Messages”