Charlie Hebdo

Poetry Pages members' lounge. Any topic welcome within propriety guidelines.

Moderators: LadySaturn, Spazway

Eternum 1
Black Ferret Poet

Charlie Hebdo

Post by Eternum 1 » Mon Jan 12, 2015 9:19 am

When mass hysteria is taught to impressionable borderline schizophrenics the result is sociopathic behavior like the attacks in Paris. The urge to murder isn't the result of offending such delusional psychopaths but in enabling the idea that preposterous concepts such as a God whose ego can't handle a cartoon might actually gain some traction in the public psyche.

Behave like adults and put away childish fantasies about Santa Claus, the Easter Bunny and God/Yahweh/Allah; start behaving like a rational cognizant species with the fleeting possibility of one day exploring and understanding the beauty of the cosmos.

If you really can't handle observable reality; seek medical help because it's you that has issues and not the secular society you are acting out against.. It's your problem although it becomes ours when the problem is ignored by mental health authorities and law enforcement agencies.

Again, seek professional help for the sake of humanity and keep your sky daddy where it belongs....in the recesses of your subconscious along with any other supernatural delusions.

bags123
Insufferable Crouton

Re: Charlie Hebdo

Post by bags123 » Mon Jan 12, 2015 2:12 pm

Sky Daddy? :shock:
I prefer to keep an open mind,....but not so much that my brains fall out.- Carl Sagan
Your brain is like an umbrella. It only works when it's open- Someone Smart

Poet of the Month
March 2011

Eternum 1
Black Ferret Poet

Post by Eternum 1 » Mon Jan 12, 2015 9:11 pm

You know, the guy named Art as in "Our father who's Art In heaven". :mrgreen:

MJPease
Quixotic Rambler

Post by MJPease » Thu Jan 15, 2015 11:39 am

Hello ET, Are you trying to provoke the members of the Dumb F&^% club? It doesn't take much. :mrgreen: The Dumb F&^% Club has many members most of which do not give a shit about exploring the cosmos or even think about sustaining humanities future existence. :shrug: You insulted my childhood fantasies of Santa Claus :crying: You are a bully. Take Care
Take me back, so far back, adjust this fate. Afeared lately of pen, in abscence of light. The fear I might stumble upon a plagiarized soul. Wipe this dark slate clean, regain my thought. Add the words that rekindle my depth of soul.

Sincerely

Michael J Pease

Eternum 1
Black Ferret Poet

Post by Eternum 1 » Thu Jan 15, 2015 11:57 am

Didn't realise you had a Santa fetish, Mike, so as a way of apologising, next year I will wear red felt and black rubber while whipping some captive creatures until their noses and other extremities become bright red.

I am also in the process of inventing a automated sand in the butt crack remover, for those who keep pointing their arses up at the blue stratosphere thrice daily, in what has become a obvious effort to shake the sand out from their posteriors. My invention should put paid to that particular demographic. :thumbsup:

Bruno
MAXIMUS LUDICROUS

Post by Bruno » Wed Jan 28, 2015 8:37 pm

Eternum 1 wrote: Behave like adults and put away childish fantasies about Santa Claus, the Easter Bunny and God/Yahweh/Allah; start behaving like a rational cognizant species with the fleeting possibility of one day exploring and understanding the beauty of the cosmos.
Well expressed! I couldn't agree more.

Not any of OUR creations, call it God or what you will, can ever be humanly created as equal to that which created us and all life here and elsewhere. God and religion are man-made protocols easily denoted and renounced by their very limitations. The OT god and it's pathetic copies here on Earth, e.g., Islam, would not even infinitesimally qualify as footnote to that scripture-less incognito power which created all things in it's wake.

The Human Race and life itself is a limitation which makes one yearn to be enfolded within the forever receding boundaries of Eternity. If OUR conceptions of God and religion prove anything it is nothing less than that of a "tale told by an idiot" however "poetically" depicted.

Perhaps God will become a truly overt power once we renounce the very idea of IT'S existence. That would be the true resurrection of an entity acknowledging Itself as cold and inhuman as the Universe IT created. What emanates are all creatures capable of feeling which is why life is ultimately a tragedy beyond any Shakespearean descriptions.
Not to be but be as all that came before
...is the true blessing. I'm looking forward to it.

Return to “Open Discussions and Members' Messages”