I Want To..........

Poetry Pages members' lounge. Any topic welcome within propriety guidelines.

Moderators: LadySaturn, Spazway

preston
Forever Silent Friend

Re: I Want To..........

Post by preston » Tue Dec 16, 2014 11:24 am

So the doorknob to my laundry room fell off in my hand last week.

Being too lazy to bother with home repairs, I've been sticking my finger in the hole and pushing the latch to open the door.
Interesting how you push the latch to the left and the bolt slide to the right.

Passing by Home Depot this morning I thought, "What the hell ?"
Since I'm in the neighborhood.

Gotta say, the new doorknob looks pretty spiffy and feels nice and solid when you put your hand to it.
Only takes about a quarter turn to open.

:computer:

MJPease
Quixotic Rambler

Post by MJPease » Wed Dec 17, 2014 11:06 am

Hello Preston, Now that's what I call classic shoot'n the shit my friend. It can't get any better than talking about a recent do it yourself project. I recently completed one part of a kitchen upgrade myself. We had a 2' / 4' florescent fixture for task lighting. I changed it to an LED track system with 13 dimmable 5.8 watt energy efficient lights, which gives us better light coverage directly on the counter tops. The old fixture with it's 4/40 watt bulbs =160 watts of annoying undimmable light. The new fixture with 13 directional placed tack lights totals 75.4 watts and at full load gives us 720 Lumens or 300 watts of light. It's a major improvement, my first energy efficient project where as I didn't sacrifice quality in light. It came with a hefty price tag 500.00 for material. 13 LED Heads/ 5- 4' tracks / 2 right angle connectors/ 1 T connector / 1 Terminal end/ 1 LED CFL Rated Dimmer. Take Care
Take me back, so far back, adjust this fate. Afeared lately of pen, in abscence of light. The fear I might stumble upon a plagiarized soul. Wipe this dark slate clean, regain my thought. Add the words that rekindle my depth of soul.

Sincerely

Michael J Pease

preston
Forever Silent Friend

Post by preston » Thu Dec 18, 2014 5:59 am

So you spent less money on Lucy's green card than you did on your LED lighting upgrade.

:wink:

MJPease
Quixotic Rambler

Post by MJPease » Fri Dec 19, 2014 9:35 am

True! I'm not sure if one of those purchase's was necessary. It doesn't seem to serve any purpose. :shrug: Happy Holidays Take Care
Take me back, so far back, adjust this fate. Afeared lately of pen, in abscence of light. The fear I might stumble upon a plagiarized soul. Wipe this dark slate clean, regain my thought. Add the words that rekindle my depth of soul.

Sincerely

Michael J Pease

nekot
Poetry Piper

Post by nekot » Tue Dec 30, 2014 2:47 pm

Ya'll got me laughin'. :lol:

Preston and MJ, ya'll are more industrious than I.
I play Sudoku almost every day and I win regularly. Does that count? :mrgreen:

Happy almost New Year!!

:thewave:
~eloquently scattered~
nekot's tokens

MJPease
Quixotic Rambler

Post by MJPease » Wed Dec 31, 2014 5:22 am

It sure does token I mean nekot :lol: I received a sudoku book last year as a gift and have never even looked at it. :shrug: Happy New Year

Sincerely

Michael J Pease

Moushka
Blue Sea Poet
Tag line: Trusting God

Post by Moushka » Wed Jan 21, 2015 8:56 pm

:hello: I'm really good at the old arcade game 'Centipede' :thewave: the wave is kind of like the game only they are vertical. :whip: Anyone remember that game?
Stuck on Number 2. Learning to begin.
1.Believe 2.Belong 3.Become
1.Awareness 2.Acceptance 3.Action

LadySaturn
Ruler of Saturn
Tag line: Poet Laureate Nov 2011

Post by LadySaturn » Sat Jan 24, 2015 9:01 pm

I like puzzle games mostly. I like solving stuff. :hello:

MJPease
Quixotic Rambler

Post by MJPease » Mon Mar 30, 2015 11:40 am

OH Great! Then why don't you get your mind in to solving the puzzles Global Warming, California's drought and the elimination of ISIS for starters :mrgreen: After watching Bill Maher Fri night. I came away realizing the seriousness of the drought situation in Cal. The place where 25% of our crops are grown, who would have thought that it takes 1 gal. of water to grow 1 almond. The satellite photos supplied by NASA depicting the lack of ground water was scary and the way in which the ground collapse's to fill in where there was once a water table is amazing, The scientist from NASA referred to it as the same thing as a balloon loosing air. So basically California is turning into a dessert with it's record high temps and lack of precipitation (my words) That statement was not made during the interview. I wouldn't want to scare anyone I'm not a scientist. :shrug: Take Care

Sincerely

Michael J Pease

LadySaturn
Ruler of Saturn
Tag line: Poet Laureate Nov 2011

Post by LadySaturn » Mon Apr 13, 2015 8:24 pm

Fudge that. I'm not the one who screwed up your planet. You humans have to take responsibility some time. Besides, it's nice to know that when hell hits the fan I still have a spaceship to get off this planet. :hello:

Return to “Open Discussions and Members' Messages”