Are we all Martians?

Poetry Pages members' lounge. Any topic welcome within propriety guidelines.

Moderators: LadySaturn, Spazway

MJPease
Quixotic Rambler

Are we all Martians?

Post by MJPease » Thu Sep 04, 2014 10:51 am

Hello All, I took Lucy to get blood work done today and as I sat and waited I paged thru a Discover magazine. There was an interesting article that suggests that we may all have come from MARS billions of years ago on a comet in the form of RNA pre DNA since back then the Earth would not have been able to support RNA but MARS could :shock: or something like that. I wanted to steal the magazine in order to finish the article but there were to many witness's :mrgreen:
I just posted a link to the article on Face Book
Take me back, so far back, adjust this fate. Afeared lately of pen, in abscence of light. The fear I might stumble upon a plagiarized soul. Wipe this dark slate clean, regain my thought. Add the words that rekindle my depth of soul.

Sincerely

Michael J Pease

bags123
Insufferable Crouton

Re: Are we all Martians?

Post by bags123 » Fri Sep 05, 2014 8:15 am

I've known that I was a Martian for some time now. My Great Granny immigrated from there about 200 years ago. Of course back then it was an almost open border. Anyone could walk back and forth through the wormhole that connected our two planets when they wanted. Yup,... Granny's dead now,...finally. She was only 480 Earth years old. Young for a Martian. They attributed it to our harsh environment. I've heard it said that the more we Martians interbreed with you earthlings over generations, the more we'll begin to lose our special powers. I hope not. I'm sure I'm not as adept as Granny's generation,...but I cherish the ones I have left. P.S. (The X-Ray vision is a blast) :mrgreen:
I prefer to keep an open mind,....but not so much that my brains fall out.- Carl Sagan
Your brain is like an umbrella. It only works when it's open- Someone Smart

Poet of the Month
March 2011

MJPease
Quixotic Rambler

Post by MJPease » Fri Sep 05, 2014 11:16 am

I myself remember the ride in from Mars a billion years ago on the RNA when I was just a gleam in Humanities future. A wee bit of algae smaller than the tip of a pin and look what I have amounted to. It's amazing and such a miracle to look at the positives the arts the sciences and such a bummer to visit the negatives. Such a complicated living organism this humankind has become. The artistic and scientific accomplishments are enough to blow ones mind and the atrocities that go along with it are repulsive. We treat this planet like a temporary stop along our journey to who the hell knows where. We use it and put our efforts into leaving it instead of improving it. We put our destiny in the hands of blind faith out of fear of not knowing what the future holds when the future is right now.
Take me back, so far back, adjust this fate. Afeared lately of pen, in abscence of light. The fear I might stumble upon a plagiarized soul. Wipe this dark slate clean, regain my thought. Add the words that rekindle my depth of soul.

Sincerely

Michael J Pease

bags123
Insufferable Crouton

Post by bags123 » Mon Sep 08, 2014 6:51 am

One of the things I miss the most about Mars are the BBQ joints over on the dark side. I haven't found one Martian BBQ joint since I've been on earth. I'm considering opening one myself, but so far I haven't found anyone here who raises Garpunkles. I realize they're not indiginous to this planet,...but you'd think somebody would have imported them by now. Every pot hole in the road has it's own Sushi Bar these days. Why not a Martian BBQ joint? Come to think about it,...I guess I answered my own question didn't I? Maybe I should start by importing and raising Garpunkles. Really all I'd need is one. They each contain male and female sex organs,....and they usually have a litter of 10-15 Minkies. Problem is,...I think I'd get too attached to them, then I couldn't bring myself to kill them for BBQ. Pretty soon we'd have Minkies, and Garpunkles everywhere. Can't have that. I guess I'll just continue with what I do. Shame really. I love baby Minkies.
I prefer to keep an open mind,....but not so much that my brains fall out.- Carl Sagan
Your brain is like an umbrella. It only works when it's open- Someone Smart

Poet of the Month
March 2011

Bruno
MAXIMUS LUDICROUS

Post by Bruno » Tue Sep 09, 2014 6:53 pm

Could be! After all we're already making war on planet Earth and and thoroughly on route to draining all of its resources...after which we'll all go back home!

LadySaturn
Ruler of Saturn
Tag line: Poet Laureate Nov 2011

Post by LadySaturn » Sat Sep 20, 2014 2:50 pm

Well you all may have come from Mars but as for yours truly... I came from a more civilized planet. :hello:

MJPease
Quixotic Rambler

Post by MJPease » Sun Sep 21, 2014 9:13 am

Oh excuse me! This must account for the majority of your tardiness and absence lately. Let's just blame it on a time zone problem :mrgreen: I'm getting a little perturbed at not having you around here on a regular basis. Maybe it's got something to do with one of those solar flares or the now infamous polar vortex. Whatever! Lets get it fixed! Mars to Saturn Over and Out :hello:

Sincerely

Michael J Pease

LadySaturn
Ruler of Saturn
Tag line: Poet Laureate Nov 2011

Post by LadySaturn » Sun Sep 21, 2014 11:11 am

I've been busy with work Mikey. Geez.. I've also been working on Poetry Familia 18 and another spinoff secret project. Tee-hee.. I promise to check in more often when I can. :hugs:

Return to “Open Discussions and Members' Messages”