Heading to Vegas for the millionth time

Poetry Pages members' lounge. Any topic welcome within propriety guidelines.

Moderators: LadySaturn, Spazway

GoddessErika
In-a-Sense Lost

Heading to Vegas for the millionth time

Post by GoddessErika » Sun Apr 27, 2014 11:14 pm

I just can't seem to get away from Sin City! Every time I think, "I should start making vacation plans..." someone I know is throwing some kind of shindig in Vegas, and bam... I'm back there again! No joke... This will be my third trip there in less than a year! Granted, I do love Vegas, but I'm running out of stuff to do there! Does anyone know of any hidden treasures that I possibly have yet to discover? Every time I go, I find a couple more of them myself, but I figured perhaps I might find a few more if I ask around first. So... any ideas?

I know that I'll be jumping off the Stratosphere, going to the pinball hall of fame (again), drinking at Minus 5, zip lining Freemont Street, checking out the new roller coaster at Circus Circus, lounging at the Peppermill, chowing at In and Out (so excited), sliding through the shark tank at the Golden Nugget, and possibly getting a new tattoo, but is there anything "must see" that I'm missing, or have missed every other time I've been there? Please do tell!
© Anarcha Erika Basta
Behind this pretty smile is a story you'll never understand.

Eternum 1
Black Ferret Poet

Re: Heading to Vegas for the millionth time

Post by Eternum 1 » Mon Apr 28, 2014 8:20 am

A great thing about Vegas is you can check a lot of things off your bucket list in one geographic location. Skydiving, check. Operating heavy construction equipment, check. Drive a exotic sports car, check. 4x4ing and off roading, check. Deluxe spa/salon treatment, check. Not to mention some yummy eateries and pastry joints. Like Cirque shows? Choose from a dozen or so. Rock music? Raiding the rock vault at the LVH has some 70s and 80s guys strutting their stuff and RTRV has added a lady rocker finally, and House of Blues has the occasional high powered performer (you get plenty of those in Seattle though). I prefer to go in March or April when the temps are civilized but not during spring break when waves of alcohol fumes drift off the crowded dance floors. And don't forget if you travel in a group you can get a Limo with champagne and roses for about the same price as two taxi fares. You're a veteran Vegas traveller so you probably know all this already but a good Concierge will steer you to new stuff within your budget. Have a great time with your pals.

Return to “Open Discussions and Members' Messages”