Mentally unstable Canadians need not apply

Poetry Pages members' lounge. Any topic welcome within propriety guidelines.

Moderators: LadySaturn, Spazway

preston
Forever Silent Friend

Mentally unstable Canadians need not apply

Post by preston » Mon Dec 02, 2013 6:28 am

DHS denies Canadian woman entry over “mental illness”

:arrow: http://www.prisonplanet.com/dhs-googlin ... r-u-s.html

:smack:

bags123
Insufferable Crouton

Re: Mentally unstable Canadians need not apply

Post by bags123 » Mon Dec 02, 2013 8:26 am

That is pretty scarey. I haven't Googled myself in awhile,...let me see,.....OH MY GOD!!! Where's the delete key!!! :mrgreen:
I prefer to keep an open mind,....but not so much that my brains fall out.- Carl Sagan
Your brain is like an umbrella. It only works when it's open- Someone Smart

Poet of the Month
March 2011

LadySaturn
Ruler of Saturn
Tag line: Poet Laureate Nov 2011

Post by LadySaturn » Mon Dec 02, 2013 10:22 pm

Omg, Bagsy you should read what it says about you... When did you streak on a college campus.. :shock:

MJPease
Quixotic Rambler

Post by MJPease » Tue Dec 03, 2013 11:44 am

I would like to see some more documentation before I go totally ballistic on this one. This is a serious Human Rights issue. I don't know how the laws of Canada effect this information but for us here in the States it's quite clear. This is a violation from what I can see being committed by the Canadian Gov't by supplying our Gov't with private healthcare info on Canadian Citizens. It's clearly a Human rights issue in my mind but possibly legal under Canada's Constitution. If it were the other way around I would have already gone totally ballistic. We need ET to fill us in on this one.
Take me back, so far back, adjust this fate. Afeared lately of pen, in abscence of light. The fear I might stumble upon a plagiarized soul. Wipe this dark slate clean, regain my thought. Add the words that rekindle my depth of soul.

Sincerely

Michael J Pease

Eternum 1
Black Ferret Poet

Post by Eternum 1 » Tue Dec 03, 2013 11:24 pm

I agree Mike, but it's not quite a health care record confidentiality issue that's literally violated here. As usual, a sensational headline draws flies more than a detailed examination does.

What caught this woman up, was a police record involving her suicide attempt. She was flagged, not for suffering from depression but because the police attended the scene of a crime. Yes, it's silly but attempted suicide is still a legal offense here and has been since the country was founded and often results in a file being opened whenever police are called and statements are taken from witnesses or from the attempted suicide his or her self.

Any way, ever since 9/11, we have had our police arrest files open to DHS regardless of issues like the one reported here. It was part of our mutual agreement under the patriot act with Bush and Cheney and apparently, they leaned real hard on Canadian authorities to get access. I suspect they always did have it but not openly.

Btw customs and border people don't have to respect rights the way regular police do. They can arrest and search without probable cause and can refuse entry without getting authority from higher ups. It's the last place you want to get busted and I know this because I bailed out my own kids when they crossed the border with a buddy who had pot residue on a set of tweezers in his jacket. Zero tolerance is the rule at border crossings and the car was impounded and ALL the occupants sent to the hoosegow. No rights and no phone call until the county sheriff took custody.

Bottom line is health records are confidential but police records are not and don't eff with the border cops for any reason. They operate in a no mans land and DHS doesn't ever look for reasons to be civilized about anything.

MJPease
Quixotic Rambler

Post by MJPease » Thu Dec 05, 2013 8:54 am

I had a feeling that there was going to be more information brought to light on this one. Suicide is a crime in the States also and your right the post 9/11 DHS is no one to play games with. Living on the Canadian border for most all of my life I'm very familiar with how tricky things can get when making a crossing. Growing up and during the 60's and 70's we crossed on a casual basis. Now I'm sorry to say (at our loss) we have eliminated Canada from our travel plans the process has become way to formal. In the old days they would ask us "Where were you born?" "How long do you plan to stay?" "Have a nice day" On the way back over "Do you have anything to declare"? The answer was always NO! We didn't have to worry about claiming so much$ per person in groceries etc. Canadian Bacon, Stawberry Preserves, Hard Candy w/liquor, cheese, a case of beer. Those were the good old days. Thank you very much you slime bag terrorists.
Take me back, so far back, adjust this fate. Afeared lately of pen, in abscence of light. The fear I might stumble upon a plagiarized soul. Wipe this dark slate clean, regain my thought. Add the words that rekindle my depth of soul.

Sincerely

Michael J Pease

bags123
Insufferable Crouton

Post by bags123 » Thu Dec 05, 2013 9:22 am

It's the last place you want to get busted and I know this because I bailed out my own kids when they crossed the border with a buddy who had pot residue on a set of tweezers in his jacket.
That's pretty damn strict! Pot residue on a set of tweezers in his pocket! Please,....Can't we all just get along. :mrgreen:
I prefer to keep an open mind,....but not so much that my brains fall out.- Carl Sagan

Poet of the Month
March 2011

LadySaturn
Ruler of Saturn

Post by LadySaturn » Sat Dec 07, 2013 1:23 am

Excuse my language but that is :badword: up. :no: I would have been like "Look unless there is a kilo in my trunk mother :badword: then you don't have :badword: on me. So go play with your moose and drink your piss beer because I could give zero :badword:. "

Eternum 1
Black Ferret Poet

Post by Eternum 1 » Sat Dec 07, 2013 11:57 am

Just asked my son to recall this event and the way it went down was the US border cops discovered the tweezers in his friends pocket with zig zags (rolling papers). That made them suspicious and upon taking the occupants into the office they found less than a gram of weed in said friends boot (he's the son of the local Anglican priest).

They impounded my sons car and could have kept it but a defense lawyer argued that the tweezers didn't constitute sufficient evidence to keep the vehicle and like the small amount of weed found by customs; it was in the possession of a person who said in a statement that the vehicle owner had no prior knowledge of the pot.

He also said the reason all the car occupants were jailed was because a female passenger of native American heritage gave them a lot of lip about the border being a imaginary construct of a white mans sick fantasy.

I didn't attend the hearing (just paid the fine and bail) or ask a lot of questions at the time so his recollection is likely closer to the truth.

MJPease
Quixotic Rambler

Post by MJPease » Sat Dec 07, 2013 12:05 pm

Pot residue on tweezers. I remember Hmmm lets see I think it was 60 pre rolled joints crossing the peace bridge on the way to see Pink Floyd/Dark Side Of The Moon Wish You Were Here Tour @ Ivor Wynn Stadium Hamilton. There was 4 of us in the car and in those days none of that stuff was a big deal. It seemed as if everyone could smoke openly during concert venues and not worry about getting busted or hassled. In the small theaters you didn't have to bring anything the second hand smoke got you high and someone was sure to pass you a joint in those days. (What's that smell) I'm not sure if it was that way everywhere but it was pretty much anywhere I was during the early to mid 70's. In fact I'll go even farther and state that during the large arena shows that I attended during that period I saw drug dealers set up in what seemed to be dedicated area's. I guess I am an old fart or as Ladysaturn says geezer it's quite obvious when someone like myself keeps reminiscing about the past or the good old days. Take Care

Sincerely

Michael J Pease

MJPease
Quixotic Rambler

Post by MJPease » Sat Dec 07, 2013 12:09 pm

Hello ET, Our Posts collided, I was writing when you were posting didn't read yours until I posted sorry. Take Care

Sincerely

Michael J Pease

Eternum 1
Black Ferret Poet

Post by Eternum 1 » Sat Dec 07, 2013 12:20 pm

Things were way cooler back then Mike and authority was more concerned with other issues. Now the wall street types are coked up and lighting 100 dollar Cubans along with 50 dollar whiskey shots in their cigar/hooker lounges while looking for ways to scam a percentage off the local recreational user. Our cops run interference favors for Hells Angels bringing monkey dust into Canada by the truckload and look the other way while we ship equal amounts of ganga the other way. Now the corporations want to shut down the medical grow-ops so they can control the profits and as usual it's the independents who get busted while the big boys skate free with the political bag men.

Just legalise it ; lock out the parasites and use the taxes on it to pay for medicare and education for all.

bags123
Insufferable Crouton

Post by bags123 » Sat Dec 07, 2013 2:16 pm

Just legalise it ; lock out the parasites and use the taxes on it to pay for medicare and education for all.
Aye aye, Captain. I'll come aboard with those regulations! :bow: :hello:

Poet of the Month
March 2011

LadySaturn
Ruler of Saturn

Post by LadySaturn » Mon Dec 09, 2013 10:34 pm

MJPease wrote:Pot residue on tweezers. I remember Hmmm lets see I think it was 60 pre rolled joints crossing the peace bridge on the way to see Pink Floyd/Dark Side Of The Moon Wish You Were Here Tour @ Ivor Wynn Stadium Hamilton. There was 4 of us in the car and in those days none of that stuff was a big deal. It seemed as if everyone could smoke openly during concert venues and not worry about getting busted or hassled. In the small theaters you didn't have to bring anything the second hand smoke got you high and someone was sure to pass you a joint in those days. (What's that smell) I'm not sure if it was that way everywhere but it was pretty much anywhere I was during the early to mid 70's. In fact I'll go even farther and state that during the large arena shows that I attended during that period I saw drug dealers set up in what seemed to be dedicated area's. I guess I am an old fart or as Ladysaturn says geezer it's quite obvious when someone like myself keeps reminiscing about the past or the good old days. Take Care
When have I ever called you a geezer. For crying out Mikey, give me some freakin credit... :roll:

LadySaturn
Ruler of Saturn

Post by LadySaturn » Mon Dec 09, 2013 10:39 pm

I'm with Bagsy on that... :hello: Here in Michiganga *heh heh word play* Anywho, the po-po let those with meth labs slide while they bust those growing medical marijuana. It's effin ridiculous. One cop has even been caught taking bribes from a gang of effin methheads. It's like WTF.. It's just screwed up all the way around.

Return to “Open Discussions and Members' Messages”