Summer Vacation

Poetry Pages members' lounge. Any topic welcome within propriety guidelines.

Moderators: LadySaturn, Spazway

LadySaturn
Ruler of Saturn
Tag line: Poet Laureate Nov 2011

Re: Summer Vacation

Post by LadySaturn » Thu Oct 17, 2013 1:46 am

Oh good gravy, here we go again. E.T. I thought you were more intelligent than that. When you start to bring up that it's Bush's fault (which I agree that he did add a great deal to the mess), you sound like one of those Obama groupies. The current President had five years to sort shit out and start working on fixing things and he's taken more vacations and trips to the golf course than other President I know of. Let's be real here, it's both parties fault for what has happened up to this point. And the proof is in the pudding when Congress decides to kick the can down the street. Three months from now they'll have to come full circle once again but with even more debt to deal with. At some point this country has to default and start over if anything is truly to be fixed. I mean because let's face it both parties are too damn corrupt to fix anything. :no:

MJPease
Quixotic Rambler

Post by MJPease » Thu Oct 17, 2013 4:38 am

Good Morning All, Great response and article ET and in response to LadySaturn. I think it's time for me to declare myself. I'm a Democrat I believe in the preservation of Working Class Values and my first priority in life is the Human factor not the Dollar factor. I believe that this is the basic difference between Republicans and Democrats. Republicans Business Class Values/first priority Dollar factor not Human factor. First off we are as a nation in a deep pile of dodo. The economy sucks, war on terror at home, two war fronts for ten plus years, mother nature continually throwing hissy fits all of which keeps adding to growing national debt. Majority of this tax load dropped in the lap of the working class by Republican tax cuts for the rich.
The Democrats have tried to deal with the stench of the dodo with what some may call Pine scented deodorant. It has helped and things are slowly getting better it just makes it smell like someone shit under a Christmas Tree right now. The Tea Party on the other hand has developed what I call the "Flush The Toilet Philosophy" Let's just flush all the shit down the drain and start over again. Trouble with their Flush the Toilet Philosophy for me is I'm a member of the shit they want to flush. My wife and I are on Pensions, Social Security and Medicare. Now they have all come together and passed a resolution to reopen the government and avoid the default. Guess who they offered up as a peace offering to the Republicans. The Elderly, Infants, I guess those they feel can not speak up for themselves. It's nice to be appreciated, I feel like the Tribal Princess being thrown into the volcano to appease the Gods :mrgreen: My minor contribution as a compromise to this great nation. It makes me feel proud that I will be contributing to a problem that the scumbag 1% Koch Brother types can't handle. Proud to be American Take Care
Take me back, so far back, adjust this fate. Afeared lately of pen, in abscence of light. The fear I might stumble upon a plagiarized soul. Wipe this dark slate clean, regain my thought. Add the words that rekindle my depth of soul.

Sincerely

Michael J Pease

LadySaturn
Ruler of Saturn

Post by LadySaturn » Thu Oct 17, 2013 9:47 am

I personally am advocating that we don't cut programs that helps those who need help, infants, vets, the elder and so forth. What I mean by starting over is taking a good hard look at how D.C is willing to spend on things like half a million on toilets and taking a good hard look at the salaries of those who hold office. I mean the salaries for Congress is outrageous. Also the cutting of expenses like private jets and hundred dollar lunches. I mean hell if the American people are scraping to get by those in D.C. should do so too. They need to cut coupons like the rest of us and deal with it. A sixty dollar suit looks just as good as a thousand dollar suit. Something has to be done, Mikey. Because at this point, America is slowing being choked by a massive amount of debt. It just simply can not continue. By the way it still smells like dodo just now the dodo is under a Christmas tree. No American should have to be a sacrifice for the screw ups of D.C. especially those like yourself who served this nation. To me that isn't what America should be about. :hello:

Eternum 1
Black Ferret Poet

Post by Eternum 1 » Thu Oct 17, 2013 11:36 am

The Bush tax cut was sold to the people as temporary because people wondered how the rich could be let off the hook while he started 2 wars. Now that same party has held the line that not another dime will be asked from the rich or the corporations to pay for the wars they wanted. If it was really a extra dime they might have reason to squawk but all the dems have asked for is tax levels thought fair for a hundred years before Bush.

Instead the sequester has taken billions from the poor and middle class while making those who caused the crash in 2008 richer than ever.

In the face of this some blame the President which is ironic since he has no power over the budget or taxation and every time he tries; the party of NO said from the start their priority was to stop him by any means necessary.

So the party that makes a saint out of Reagan demonizes Obama for wanting the rich to pay the same share of costs they paid under Reagan. Why is that? It's easy to see the racist signs among the tea partiers and see the votes lined up in the deep south and Midwest. The election map is almost a mirror image of the one showing the civil war states in the south and the split loyalties in the mid west.

Bush often joked that the people in tuxedos were his base. He won elections with Saudi princes directly backing his campaigns. Obama has yet to sell out to the banks and foreign money so the false equivalency should stop right there. And FYI it was lil boots who set the record for being on vacation and on the golf course if you will recall that's where he did most of his interviews when he wasn't cutting brush on his so called ranch.

Yes Obama is currently the President; but the first mate was the Captain of the Costa Concordia after Schetinno sunk the ship through vain stupidity and like a shipwreck the blame goes to those who sunk the ship and those who would abandon it. Not to the people left with damage control. In this case Bush sunk the ship and the republicans still want to abandon American democracy and sink it with the immigrants, black and middle class passengers still on board.

Eternum 1
Black Ferret Poet

Post by Eternum 1 » Thu Oct 17, 2013 6:51 pm

People tend to forget that the repubs did the same thing in 1979 after they voted in a budget during Carters term....they refused to raise the debt ceiling to pay for it. They ended up giving the banks an extra 10 billion in interest over that fiasco. As a result democrat, Dick Gephardt brought in a rule that when you pass a budget you automatically raise the debt ceiling to pay for it. Problem solved....until Newt Gingrich changed the rules again so the bankers made a pile of dough over another refusal to raise the debt ceiling under Clinton. Beginning to sound familiar?

So when someone says this gang of republicans is the most radical........that may be true especially in being anti=science and anti-sanity....but the title of most whorish in favor of the big banks....that's a republican tradition.

LadySaturn
Ruler of Saturn

Post by LadySaturn » Fri Oct 18, 2013 7:25 pm

Doesn't help however that the Dems sit on the sideline with their tail between their legs.. :hello: I mean at this point, both parties have yet to reach sainthood.

MJPease
Quixotic Rambler

Post by MJPease » Sat Oct 19, 2013 11:52 am

:cool: It's 2:48 PM EST I'm way too tired. I'm passed my nap time great stuff. Catch you later :hello: Take Care
Take me back, so far back, adjust this fate. Afeared lately of pen, in abscence of light. The fear I might stumble upon a plagiarized soul. Wipe this dark slate clean, regain my thought. Add the words that rekindle my depth of soul.

Sincerely

Michael J Pease

Return to “Open Discussions and Members' Messages”