Bellicose rhetoric and threats?

Poetry Pages members' lounge. Any topic welcome within propriety guidelines.

Moderators: LadySaturn, Spazway

MJPease
Quixotic Rambler

Bellicose rhetoric and threats?

Post by MJPease » Sat Mar 30, 2013 5:27 am

Has the truce of the Korean War 1950-1953 been brought to an end by Kim Jong Un or will the Easter Bunny be able to bring this young man to his sense's. One false move at any minute now forward and this will turn into an unbearable human tragedy. Take Care
Take me back, so far back, adjust this fate. Afeared lately of pen, in abscence of light. The fear I might stumble upon a plagiarized soul. Wipe this dark slate clean, regain my thought. Add the words that rekindle my depth of soul.

Sincerely

Michael J Pease

Nefertari
Queen of the Nile

Re: Bellicose rhetoric and threats?

Post by Nefertari » Sat Mar 30, 2013 11:19 am

Truer comments....sad and seeming to get worse. :smack: :smack: not that it will do any good. :no:
The Queen of ancient Egypt, fair and wise.

IT'S DUSTY IN HERE, CLEAN MY PYRAMID!

The Nile is rising...now I've got MUD!!

Bruno
MAXIMUS LUDICROUS

Post by Bruno » Sat Mar 30, 2013 1:03 pm

Bluff is bluff but still not to be ignored. One other thing I've noticed. Kim Jong Un seems to be the only fat person in North Korea. Their consistent efforts to gain attention and respect is beyond pathetic. They haven't yet figured out by doing so they only made themselves more despised. Even the Chinese, their one true ally, are getting to the point where they can't stand them...and that's saying a lot.

Eternum 1
Black Ferret Poet

Post by Eternum 1 » Sat Mar 30, 2013 2:38 pm

The Great Kahns son, Ogedai despised the 'dog eaters' and after the Koreans killed a Mongolian envoy, he humiliated them with little effort and forced them to pay a stupidity tax.

Without Chin and Mongol and now American forbearance this backward peninsula would have been colonised and its people dispersed long ago.

It's time the last of the dog eaters was taught his place.

LadySaturn
Ruler of Saturn
Tag line: Poet Laureate Nov 2011

Post by LadySaturn » Sat Mar 30, 2013 3:00 pm

Well like my great grandma once said "Don't every ignore what a crazy person says or does because before you know it you'll be on channel 8 news explaining what the hell happened." I know folks not one of her wiser ones, but at the end she was kind of losing it herself. :hello: :shrug:

Bruno
MAXIMUS LUDICROUS

Post by Bruno » Sun Mar 31, 2013 6:55 pm

Eternum 1 wrote: It's time the last of the dog eaters was taught his place.
I believe the Chin's can also claim that dishonor including cats!

I find it very dubious as to how "wise" Eastern wisdom really is. Maybe the West feeling perpetually inferior in that respect has perhaps given too much credence? Substituting the absurd notion of reincarnation and Nirvana with the equally absurd Last Judgement with it's eternal bliss or damnation thereafter, is St Francis or the Pauline Jesus - very different from his historic counterpart - so much different from the Buddha?

I'm not at all certain whether, for example, C.G. Jung's adulation of Eastern wisdom is at all superior to that of the West. One would think that someone like him would be more insightful and maybe he was. Perhaps it's just a case of neither Easterners or Westerners catching up to their own indigenous "wisdom traditions" which as a theme with variations overlap quite well in most respects.

...and why I'm writing stuff like this on Poetry Pages I have no idea!

MJPease
Quixotic Rambler

Post by MJPease » Mon Apr 01, 2013 10:24 am

Hello Bruno, First of all my Friend this is the place for us to communicate, unload what's on our minds "Open Discussions and Members' Messages" Is there some place else you would rather touch keys :shrug:
Take me back, so far back, adjust this fate. Afeared lately of pen, in abscence of light. The fear I might stumble upon a plagiarized soul. Wipe this dark slate clean, regain my thought. Add the words that rekindle my depth of soul.

Sincerely

Michael J Pease

bags123
Insufferable Crouton

Post by bags123 » Mon Apr 01, 2013 10:28 am

Substituting the absurd notion of reincarnation and Nirvana with the equally absurd Last Judgement
Reincarnation doesn't sound so absurd to me if you consider the change of seasons, and the rebirth each spring of the earth itself. It actually seems to provide some evidence for it in fact. At least to me. Whatever Last Judgement might exist in the hereafter might even involve ourselves as moral arbitrators
or our own actions while in mortality. I don't know about anyone else,...but I tend to be my own worst critic, so as the years pass I'm becoming more and
more concerned. :mrgreen:
I prefer to keep an open mind,....but not so much that my brains fall out.- Carl Sagan
Your brain is like an umbrella. It only works when it's open- Someone Smart

Poet of the Month
March 2011

Eternum 1
Black Ferret Poet

Post by Eternum 1 » Mon Apr 01, 2013 10:44 am

Funny, I said the same thing about reincarnation in my last life. Oh nos! I repeated myself again. Oh crap, I did it in the second sentence too and just now I....... :shock: Deja Vu I'm telling you, but you already knew....

bags123
Insufferable Crouton

Post by bags123 » Mon Apr 01, 2013 10:49 am

That damn space time continuim thing! It just makes everything more confusing. :shrug:
I prefer to keep an open mind,....but not so much that my brains fall out.- Carl Sagan
Your brain is like an umbrella. It only works when it's open- Someone Smart

Poet of the Month
March 2011

Bruno
MAXIMUS LUDICROUS

Post by Bruno » Mon Apr 01, 2013 11:36 am

bags123 wrote: Reincarnation doesn't sound so absurd to me if you consider the change of seasons, and the rebirth each spring of the earth itself. It actually seems to provide some evidence for it in fact. At least to me. Whatever Last Judgement might exist in the hereafter might even involve ourselves as moral arbitrators
or our own actions while in mortality. I don't know about anyone else,...but I tend to be my own worst critic, so as the years pass I'm becoming more and
more concerned. :mrgreen:
Practically everything in nature works in cycles including the movement of planets around stars and the rotation of the Milky Way itself. And on some earth-like planets new life emerging as you say. These are all nature's grand and complex paradigms to keep things going.

But why should you or I happen in cycles? Life is incredibly prolific and goes on without either of us having to show up again! What would be the point of that? In short what is the purpose in reincarnation? What would make it necessary beyond our own will to go on...which means nothing to nature? Reincarnation can be made plausibly metaphysical through religion or philosophy but nature isn't religious! For me reincarnation contains far more substance as metaphor. But believe whatever makes life better while living it.
Last edited by Bruno on Mon Apr 01, 2013 11:43 am, edited 1 time in total.

Bruno
MAXIMUS LUDICROUS

Post by Bruno » Mon Apr 01, 2013 11:42 am

Eternum 1 wrote:Funny, I said the same thing about reincarnation in my last life.
...how about giving us a little resume of what it was like. Did you ever meet the famous or infamous Doctor Joseph-Ignace Guillotin who was responsible for many subsequent instances of reincarnation?

Eternum 1
Black Ferret Poet

Post by Eternum 1 » Mon Apr 01, 2013 12:01 pm

I think the theory of reincarnation is a linear time influenced version of Einsteins theory, Bruno. If events can persist and exist unlimited by temporal and spatial properties; like memory portraits of your being on display in some cosmic gallery; then visiting or even participating in those events isn't linear in the sense of past, present and future. It's parallel and concurrent and by being so, the events fail to fit inside a religious paradigm that requires a beginning and a end to everything. In a universe that is not only expanding but accelerating in linear time; the advent of string theory and the possible existence of parallel universes bordering ours adds new "dimensions" (no pun intended) to the argument for consciousness existing infinitely outside of the currently observed boundaries of physical or mortal definition. In theory, our consciousness could exsist outside of time as a being constituent to the whole while experiencing time in a way first cause cannot , at least not without being diffused into cognizant species and individuals.

or not :mrgreen:

LadySaturn
Ruler of Saturn
Tag line: Poet Laureate Nov 2011

Post by LadySaturn » Mon Apr 01, 2013 2:05 pm

Sacrebleu ! La chose de l'espace de temps a moi tout foiré ! :no:

Bruno
MAXIMUS LUDICROUS

Post by Bruno » Mon Apr 01, 2013 7:15 pm

Eternum 1 wrote:In theory, our consciousness could exsist outside of time as a being constituent to the whole while experiencing time in a way first cause cannot , at least not without being diffused into cognizant species and individuals.

or not :mrgreen:
This doesn't sound like much of a consolation for those who believe in reincarnation. Also if it's parallel and concurrent wouldn't the other guy croak at the same time as me? As Pagageno said in the Magic flute. No thanks, "I'll pass" :shrug:

Return to “Open Discussions and Members' Messages”