Bellicose rhetoric and threats?

Poetry Pages members' lounge. Any topic welcome within propriety guidelines.

Moderators: LadySaturn, Spazway

Eternum 1
Black Ferret Poet

Re: Bellicose rhetoric and threats?

Post by Eternum 1 » Mon Apr 01, 2013 8:03 pm

All the worlds a stage, Shakes said and in that vein why should the epheremel part of being recall the memory of it's previous role when it could just as easily assume the memory and identity of other constituent beings or reprise their role. The parts we play in life are not custom made and particularly tailored to each individual despite the ego involved. We are after all less individualistic then we would like or pretend to be. What we have in common makes up 99.9% of our genetic makeup so subconscious memory may share as much or more than we know. The Muse as its referred to could be a universal tap with roots in us all.

I sometimes think of us as a sort of complex cell that has become in a very limited way, self aware. Aware at least to the reference point of our relationship to other kindred cells but ignorant still of the universe our type of cells inhabit let alone the universes beyond that. Racial memory or species memory may be what underlies diffuse recollections of past lives not necessarily something taken from one particular beings actual experience but something shared in our DNA.

or not :mrgreen:

Bruno
MAXIMUS LUDICROUS

Post by Bruno » Tue Apr 02, 2013 12:37 am

It's long been known that an immense substratum of commonality resides in all of us. The entire myth making appartus in the world can actually default to one interpretation usually ending in God or in some kind of assumed perfection where death is merely another beginning if you haven't achieved it. Distinctions are merely surface ripples which emanate from one core.

In that respect every individual is not merely an incarnation but a reincarnation of all the fundamental constituents which make one human in the sense that it creates the racial memories best expounded in myth, culture and forms of behavior. Each birth is thoroughly contained within the human paradigm and those defining memories are hard wired into it.

What creates an ego are the differences enforced by externals and the compounding of self awareness as if emerging from an undifferentiated landscape or from a bas relief into a full three dimensional entity which is precisely what hopes to continue. Call it life after death or a continuous quest for perfection which once achieved dissolves the ego and it's vectors to desire entirely; a process which begins egotistically to denounce its own limitations.

So what am I trying to say! Nothing more than "What is shared in our DNA" is of no consolation to one's personal thrust towards immortality. It may come from there but the developed ego, namely ME, seeks to annul that dilution. Most "individuals" take immortality, in whatever form, very personally, à la Unamuno.

bags123
Insufferable Crouton

Post by bags123 » Tue Apr 02, 2013 6:29 am

Bruno wrote:It's long been known that an immense substratum of commonality resides in all of us. The entire myth making appartus in the world can actually default to one interpretation usually ending in God or in some kind of assumed perfection where death is merely another beginning if you haven't achieved it. Distinctions are merely surface ripples which emanate from one core.

In that respect every individual is not merely an incarnation but a reincarnation of all the fundamental constituents which make one human in the sense that it creates the racial memories best expounded in myth, culture and forms of behavior. Each birth is thoroughly contained within the human paradigm and those defining memories are hard wired into it.

What creates an ego are the differences enforced by externals and the compounding of self awareness as if emerging from an undifferentiated landscape or from a bas relief into a full three dimensional entity which is precisely what hopes to continue. Call it life after death or a continuous quest for perfection which once achieved dissolves the ego and it's vectors to desire entirely; a process which begins egotistically to denounce its own limitations.

So what am I trying to say! Nothing more than "What is shared in our DNA" is of no consolation to one's personal thrust towards immortality. It may come from there but the developed ego, namely ME, seeks to annul that dilution. Most "individuals" take immortality, in whatever form, very personally, à la Unamuno.
Boy,...I'd love to be a fly on the wall if you and ET ever met over a few beers, while pontificating on all your various philosophical, scientific, political, and metaphysical, musings. It would be pretty entertaining until the wall paper started to peel away, and I'd be forced to fly somewhere else. I'd hate to be reincarnated as a fly. Nasty creatures. :cheers:
I prefer to keep an open mind,....but not so much that my brains fall out.- Carl Sagan
Your brain is like an umbrella. It only works when it's open- Someone Smart

Poet of the Month
March 2011

bags123
Insufferable Crouton

Post by bags123 » Tue Apr 02, 2013 6:45 am

Actually,...after reading (and enjoying) many of you guys lengthy discussions on various topics,.....I'm finding it more and more likely that God could/may
have impregnated Mary. Who knows how it was accomplished,....but there's just as much basis in fact that it happened,...as some of the stuff you guys
come up with. From the common man's point of view that's the problem with intellectuals, and lawyers I might add. They speak a different language,... about things most people don't have the foggiest idea about, or care to learn. All sizzle, and no steak. Ignorance is bliss. All these alternate, alien, expositions of intellectual superiority only disrupt the status quo. God forbid that happen. Anyway,....thanks for making me think guys. :cheers:
I prefer to keep an open mind,....but not so much that my brains fall out.- Carl Sagan

Poet of the Month
March 2011

MJPease
Quixotic Rambler

Post by MJPease » Tue Apr 02, 2013 7:04 am

Hello All, I'm putting out an invite to Kim Jong Un via the WWW in order that he may chime into this most interesting discussion. I wonder how exactly it is that he is genetically wired and will his enviromental exsposure to the west influence the outcome the present situation. How can he back down and still be able to save face as the new leader of his nation? His back is against the wall, he must feel very lonely at such a young age. If he backs down now his own people will take him out in a heart beat. Stay Tuned
Take me back, so far back, adjust this fate. Afeared lately of pen, in abscence of light. The fear I might stumble upon a plagiarized soul. Wipe this dark slate clean, regain my thought. Add the words that rekindle my depth of soul.

Sincerely

Michael J Pease

MJPease
Quixotic Rambler

Post by MJPease » Tue Apr 02, 2013 7:26 am

Hello bags, Our posts interupted each others and I have to agree with you Brother. Especially them Canadian Bros are a gift from the heavens above. I could read their bellicose rhetoric and threats until the cows come home. Excuse me I should of put put RE: before "bellicose :mrgreen: Who the hell needs Blue Rays complete Series "Deadwood" When you have E.T. Bruno and bags 123 :hello: Has quite the ring to it. Sounds like one of those lawyer commercials. Here comes Ladysaturn (spokesperson)"Hello I'm LadySaturn Here to tell you; Hurt in an accident; Call E.T. Bruno and Bags; Just dial 123; They'll get Us just what you deserved. :wink
Take me back, so far back, adjust this fate. Afeared lately of pen, in abscence of light. The fear I might stumble upon a plagiarized soul. Wipe this dark slate clean, regain my thought. Add the words that rekindle my depth of soul.

Sincerely

Michael J Pease

bags123
Insufferable Crouton

Post by bags123 » Tue Apr 02, 2013 7:37 am

MJPease wrote:Hello bags, Our posts interupted each others and I have to agree with you Brother. Especially them Canadian Bros are a gift from the heavens above. I could read their bellicose rhetoric and threats until the cows come home. Excuse me I should of put put RE: before "bellicose :mrgreen: Who the hell needs Blue Rays complete Series "Deadwood" When you have E.T. Bruno and bags 123 :hello: Has quite the ring to it. Sounds like one of those lawyer commercials. Here comes Ladysaturn (spokesperson)"Hello I'm LadySaturn Here to tell you; Hurt in an accident; Call E.T. Bruno and Bags; Just dial 123; They'll get Us just what you deserved. :wink

I could never be a lawyer. I wouldn't be able to sleep at night. :computer:

Poet of the Month
March 2011

Bruno
MAXIMUS LUDICROUS

Post by Bruno » Tue Apr 02, 2013 10:45 am

bags123 wrote:All these alternate, alien, expositions of intellectual superiority only disrupt the status quo.
...if you keep on writing things like that you'll be a traitor to your own cause. :smash:

BTW, any idea how many mortal women - the best looking ones of course - got screwed by the Gods breeding whole hierarchies of demigods?

Bruno
MAXIMUS LUDICROUS

Post by Bruno » Tue Apr 02, 2013 11:04 am

bags123 wrote:Actually,...after reading (and enjoying) many of you guys lengthy discussions on various topics,.....I'm finding it more and more likely that God could/may have impregnated Mary. Who knows how it was accomplished,....but there's just as much basis in fact that it happened,...as some of the stuff you guys come up with.
...there's nothing wishful thinking can't accomplish! That's the reason we're all so good at it...though some talents like your own are truly exceptional! :mrgreen:

LadySaturn
Ruler of Saturn
Tag line: Poet Laureate Nov 2011

Post by LadySaturn » Tue Apr 02, 2013 11:58 am

Bon tout d'abord pourquoi suis je toujours traitée comme le singe qui travaille derrière la caméra. Pourquoi puis-je être pour une fois réellement dans la publicité. :shrug:

Eternum 1
Black Ferret Poet

Post by Eternum 1 » Tue Apr 02, 2013 12:41 pm

Bruno wrote:It's long been known that an immense substratum of commonality resides in all of us. The entire myth making appartus in the world can actually default to one interpretation usually ending in God or in some kind of assumed perfection where death is merely another beginning if you haven't achieved it. Distinctions are merely surface ripples which emanate from one core.
The foundation of all types of theism is the idea that we are inspired by first cause in some fashion. The Babylonian hell was for everyone regardless of the sins laid down to the mortal coil. So was Sheol for the Hebrew a place where all beings or their shades awaited incorporation back to first cause.

To be a true atheist and accept the idea that all human experience is anecdotal and without purpose even to a possible creator requires a kind of faith that mirrors that of the orthodox initiate. That is one reason I tend to focus on the mental construct known as the soul instead of physical reincarnation.
Indeed, this explains to me why along with cultural reinforcement; some segments of society adapt quickly into stereotype and become introspective rather than speculative as to the purpose for being.

Or conversely if one believes in a first cause. It may be that each individual ego is another expression of first cause learning the many possible permutations of self and every incarnation by extension first cause knowing itself from every possible permutation.
So what am I trying to say! Nothing more than "What is shared in our DNA" is of no consolation to one's personal thrust towards immortality. It may come from there but the developed ego, namely ME, seeks to annul that dilution. Most "individuals" take immortality, in whatever form, very personally, à la Unamuno
We do protect our most cherished defined positions but when we realise that like a point in geometry there is no "me" without the other points around to give "me" shape or identity, the ego shrinks to a manageable size. Anyone who imagines being human without other human points to define "me" knows the excercise leaves "me" humbled.
Last edited by Eternum 1 on Tue Apr 02, 2013 1:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Eternum 1
Black Ferret Poet

Post by Eternum 1 » Tue Apr 02, 2013 12:56 pm

bags123 wrote:Actually,...after reading (and enjoying) many of you guys lengthy discussions on various topics,.....I'm finding it more and more likely that God could/may have impregnated Mary. Who knows how it was accomplished,....but there's just as much basis in fact that it happened,...as some of the stuff you guys come up with. :
First of all the biblical record shows that their version of G-d is not one known for subtlety. He sends plagues and floods and death to every newborn to make a point. Now we are to accept a teepee creeper looking for a little baby mama to reflect current ghetto speak? Possible? Well yes. Likely? Only to a Greek who already knew about Zeus fathering immortals, before Saul had his own epiphany.

And I'm not dealing in facts here, Bags, only models of possibility subject to revision now and in the future. If you want certitude, see the ponzi schemers in the stock market or inside the confessional. I'm not that convinced of my own infallibility, ever.
From the common man's point of view that's the problem with intellectuals, and lawyers I might add. They speak a different language,... about things most people don't have the foggiest idea about, or care to learn. All sizzle, and no steak. Ignorance is bliss. All these alternate, alien, expositions of intellectual superiority only disrupt the status quo. God forbid that happen. Anyway,....thanks for making me think guys. :cheers
That's not a lawyer you're describing; it's a philosopher and the only thing philosophers do is fill waste baskets full of treatises that are immediately deposed by other philosophers. The superior attitude devolves from the peculiar philosopher who indulges in metaphysics and then claims a new model to be the final say on the matter. I know my model of reality is imperfect and subject to many many revisions and may never be conclusive. It's like the old addage about the journey being the purpose and not necessarily the destination. I find this plausible because the destination may very well be our forgotten origin.

Eternum 1
Black Ferret Poet

Post by Eternum 1 » Tue Apr 02, 2013 1:12 pm

LadySaturn wrote:Bon tout d'abord pourquoi suis je toujours traitée comme le singe qui travaille derrière la caméra. Pourquoi puis-je être pour une fois réellement dans la publicité. :shrug:
To quote Clouseau, "do you have a lissance for that minkey?" And to answer your querie, without the camera person why would the actors read their dialogue? Publicity isn't good for people with a conscience, anyway.

bags123
Insufferable Crouton

Post by bags123 » Tue Apr 02, 2013 1:34 pm

I know my model of reality is imperfect and subject to many many revisions and may never be conclusive
Yeah,...that's what I thought too. :cool: :mrgreen:

Poet of the Month
March 2011

bags123
Insufferable Crouton

Post by bags123 » Tue Apr 02, 2013 1:35 pm

...there's nothing wishful thinking can't accomplish!
That's the spirit! :mrgreen:

Poet of the Month
March 2011

Return to “Open Discussions and Members' Messages”