Do The Pages Poets Pay Attention to American Politics

Poetry Pages members' lounge. Any topic welcome within propriety guidelines.

Moderators: LadySaturn, Spazway

Nefertari
Queen of the Nile

Re: Do The Pages Poets Pay Attention to American Politics

Post by Nefertari » Fri Sep 28, 2012 6:19 am

NEITHER side is honest......they have both lied .....some lies were bigger than others. The system they have is faulty. The money spent on both sides if paid against the national debt would at least knock it down a bit. Campaigns are run by shysters and spin doctors. I am sure I could go on and on but our choices suck....I am not thrilled with any of the choices. And the media doesn't present truthful stories either....so whart are you to do?? Waiting for Lady S to take reservations for the resort on Saturn....I guess. Move out of the big mess that has been made of our country. :soapbox:
The Queen of ancient Egypt, fair and wise.

IT'S DUSTY IN HERE, CLEAN MY PYRAMID!

The Nile is rising...now I've got MUD!!

bags123
Insufferable Crouton

Post by bags123 » Fri Sep 28, 2012 6:56 am

IMHO,...the problems facing our country require solutions which are "generational". There is no immediate fix. While President Obama's message was "Change"
it's not a change which can occur in a mere 4 years. Mittens on the other hand,...represents that small minority of people who continue to profit from the status quo, which is an economic system that can no longer sustain itself for everyone,...only the few. I believe that if President Obama retains his office for another 4 years,..you'll see much stronger evidence of many of the changes he's talked about. If Mittens should win I only see a hastening towards an eventual downfall for our country,....which will be the beginning of a worldwide change that hasn't seen its parallel since the Fall of the Roman Empire. Hey,...I've been wrong before. :cheers:
I prefer to keep an open mind,....but not so much that my brains fall out.- Carl Sagan
Your brain is like an umbrella. It only works when it's open- Someone Smart

Poet of the Month
March 2011

MJPease
Quixotic Rambler

Post by MJPease » Fri Sep 28, 2012 8:03 am

We as the working class, middle class have to get over these trust issues and who lied about this and that. We must get down to the Reality that there are two viable candidates in this race Romney and President Obama. Which Candidate or Political Party do you think will protect your Families best interest. "To Thyne Own Self Be True" I've looked inside and I'm a Liberal. As JFK once said "If By a liberal they mean someone who looks ahead and not behind, someone who welcomes new ideas with out rigid reactions, someone who cares about the welfare of the people - their health, their housing, their schools, their jobs, their civil rights, their civil liberties .... if that is what they mean by a "liberal," then I am proud to be a liberal." I have faith in our country. I do not think that the US is on the verge of any major decline any time soon as long as the middle class is given a chance. That chance is with the Democratic party and retaining President Obama so he can finish what he started. Hopefully during round two the Republicans will give up on their get Obama out of Office routine at whatever the cost to the American Public and get on with a Win Win for us all attitude. A Presidents second term is always more productive no matter what party. Remember we have to vote it's our duty as Americans. Take Care
Take me back, so far back, adjust this fate. Afeared lately of pen, in abscence of light. The fear I might stumble upon a plagiarized soul. Wipe this dark slate clean, regain my thought. Add the words that rekindle my depth of soul.

Sincerely

Michael J Pease

LadySaturn
Ruler of Saturn
Tag line: Poet Laureate Nov 2011

Post by LadySaturn » Fri Sep 28, 2012 10:06 pm

Give him another 4 years... Finish what he started... What the hell... This man spent a year working on his healthcare bill while folks continued to lose their jobs and homes. This man has passed a law that takes away an American's right to a free trial and basically lets the government label anyone a terrorist without proof and lock them up for however long they want... Not only that but this man has turned his back on this nation and basically supplied the needs of his buddies on Wall Street and his bosses in the Fed. Are you freaking kidding me... If JFK was alive he'd even disapprove of what Obama has done. Spending money and putting the debt on the backs of the people of this nation. And yet some of you folks are screaming for four more years... No thank you. And as far as Mittens he's no damn saint either. Both made pacts with the Devil and neither should be President of the United States. Period. We need a real leader. Someone who will have the balls to stand up for the American people and tell the Federal Reserve to go eff themselves. Someone who will help the people of this nation get the economy on track and someone who will kick the doors in to the Senate and Congress and put a foot up some butts when things aren't getting done. We need someone who can't be bought and has effin common sense when it comes to handling matters that involve or has to do with this country. :soapbox:

MJPease
Quixotic Rambler

Post by MJPease » Sun Sep 30, 2012 8:08 am

:shock: "Are you freaking kidding me" If I may qoute you LadySaturn, my Dear you must be kidding me. You're painting a no win very sad picture of what I beleive is of a disfunctional Washington D.C. and you are pasting that picture over the face of one man. What can you possibly hope to accomplish by not recognizing that one of these parties will be in control of your future. Wether you like them or not, this is not the issue. Which one will serve your best interest is the issue. You getting your Facts Straight before you make a decission is also an issue. Your future depends on it and so does your Small business. Take Care
Take me back, so far back, adjust this fate. Afeared lately of pen, in abscence of light. The fear I might stumble upon a plagiarized soul. Wipe this dark slate clean, regain my thought. Add the words that rekindle my depth of soul.

Sincerely

Michael J Pease

LadySaturn
Ruler of Saturn

Post by LadySaturn » Mon Oct 01, 2012 9:10 am

I'm not pasting the whatever of one man. I did mention Mitt in there somewhere. And to be honest, Washington D.C. is dysfunctional. Their track record proves that. And as for my best interest.. Hate to break it to ya, Mikey.. but neither party has the best interest of the people or this country in mind, they are looking out for themselves and whoever pulls their strings. What the forefathers had in mind for this country, Washington D.C. is doing the opposite of. And as for my future, I don't rely on the government for that. My future is up to me and the big guy upstairs, whatever it may be. I've started my small business with help from Yahweh and my own two hands, I haven't sought help from the government nor do I want it. Hell, they can't get their shit together in D.C. what makes you honestly think I'm gonna trust them with my future .... And as for voting, I vote on the character of a man not his party. And right now neither man looks like they should be the Leader of this Nation.. I think JFK said it best in the quote below...

"Let us not seek the Republican answer or the Democratic answer, but the right answer. Let us not seek to fix the blame for the past. Let us accept our own responsibility for the future." -JFK-

MJPease
Quixotic Rambler

Post by MJPease » Mon Oct 01, 2012 10:08 am

Ok! Then little miss independence you go forward on your own doing it all by yourself, or forgive me with the help of Yahweh. The rest of us citizens will take care of the dirty work of dealing with the ugly side of politics or the reality of electing the better of two evils. Human Beings are not perfect or at least I'm hoping that's so :shrug: for my sake. It's no secret by now everyone here by now, knows that I'm for the re election of president Obama. That's not what this is all about. I'm not trying to get you to support or vote for President Obama just to come to terms, that there is going to be an election in 30 some days and it is our duty to get involved and vote. Take Care

Sincerely

Michael J Pease

LadySaturn
Ruler of Saturn

Post by LadySaturn » Mon Oct 01, 2012 7:52 pm

And if you believe that voting is going to change things.. I've got a bridge to sell you. Like I said before voting use to mean something before the days of the Fed and Wall street but now it's nothing more than a ponzi scheme to fool the masses into thinking that they are making a difference. When in reality, it's nothing more but the butchers keeping the flocks of sheep preoccupied while they prepare the slaughterhouse.

MJPease
Quixotic Rambler

Post by MJPease » Tue Oct 02, 2012 4:13 am

I'm afraid that as bad as you think things are and beleive me I feel terrible about that. VOTING STILL MEANS SOMETHING sorry for raising my voice but to say it doesn't is ridiculous. For me to continue this conversation in public with you would also be ridiculous. I feeling like you are playing me for a fool or you are playing yourself as a fool and your position is some sort of a sharade. :shrug: Take Care :hearts:

Sincerely

Michael J Pease

LadySaturn
Ruler of Saturn

Post by LadySaturn » Tue Oct 02, 2012 1:41 pm

I'm not saying voting is ridiculous, Mikey. I'm just saying it's been screwed with. Oh and I'm still gonna vote. I'm just gonna write someone else's name on the ballot is all. And I'm not trying to play you like a fool or play myself as one... I just decided to educate myself, keep an eye open and question things. Besides, it's nothing more than different point of views. And if it wasn't for different point of views, we wouldn't be human. :hello: Oh and by the way, the quote below is sort of what I live by...

"Educate and inform the whole mass of the people... They are the only sure reliance for the preservation of our liberty."
-Thomas Jefferson-

Delsol
Clearwater Poet

Post by Delsol » Wed Oct 03, 2012 10:29 am

Usually, yes. I generally always vote, too - even though I feel we can and should come up with a better (more fair) process.

I also generally watch every debate.

This year is different, however. Different because I am not living in the USA these days - and also because I am in my 40s now.

Takes more effort to watch debates and get my vote in. Also, I have become more cynical with age.

Honestly? I am seriously considering not voting at all this year. (gasp!)
"Ink runs from the corners of my mouth. There is no happiness like mine. I have been eating poetry." Mark Strand

LadySaturn
Ruler of Saturn

Post by LadySaturn » Wed Oct 03, 2012 10:03 pm

But I need your vote, Delsol. I'm running for President and I need the votes of my Familia... :hello: And was it me or were the debates just blah.. I should have went, I probably would have thrown a shoe or something to get some excitement going on in the room... Geez..

Delsol
Clearwater Poet

Post by Delsol » Thu Oct 04, 2012 11:17 am

lol - I would vote for you, Lady! My husband recorded the debate, then watched it today while I was out with my daughter on a school field trip. When I got home, I said, "Is it worth watching?" He shrugged. He DID say that at least Romney redeemed himself in that he did not appear to be a lost cause; actually made some points and managed to look 'presidential'. Alas, this was not enough to entice me to watch it myself. I really am feeling guilty about not voting, but only slightly - which is actually unlike me. Usually I vote, and drag my kids along so they can see the 'good example'. But! No. Does anyone recall how furious I was when I voted for Kerry during the Bush/Kerry election, only to be told months later that my vote was never received - even though I delivered it myself, by hand into a ballot box? Since then I have been.... doubtful of the process at best. Who will be the next US President? Does it REALLY matter? I just don't know anymore. I WANT to care, but... humph. :shock: :cool:
"Ink runs from the corners of my mouth. There is no happiness like mine. I have been eating poetry." Mark Strand

LadySaturn
Ruler of Saturn

Post by LadySaturn » Fri Oct 05, 2012 1:38 pm

Yea, I got a vote. :thewave: I watched the debates and just shook my head in disappointment. Again, neither man oh excuse me little boy (because they were both acting like children) deserve to hold the position of President of the United States of America.

Return to “Open Discussions and Members' Messages”