Extrovert or Introvert?

Poetry Pages members' lounge. Any topic welcome within propriety guidelines.

Moderators: LadySaturn, Spazway

bags123
Insufferable Crouton

Extrovert or Introvert?

Post by bags123 » Tue May 22, 2012 5:26 pm

Which word most describes who you see yourself as? Why?
I prefer to keep an open mind,....but not so much that my brains fall out.- Carl Sagan
Your brain is like an umbrella. It only works when it's open- Someone Smart

Poet of the Month
March 2011

Eternum 1
Black Ferret Poet

Re: Extrovert or Introvert?

Post by Eternum 1 » Tue May 22, 2012 6:34 pm

Ambiverted, as I'm content with both external and internal influences.

LadySaturn
Ruler of Saturn
Tag line: Poet Laureate Nov 2011

Post by LadySaturn » Wed May 23, 2012 1:39 am

Depends on how I feel. Some days I'm an Intro and some days I'm an Extro.. Also depends on the mood of my muses, if their in a bad mood and want to be left alone, it tends to rub off on me and well you get the picture.

bags123
Insufferable Crouton

Post by bags123 » Wed May 23, 2012 6:33 am

Usually,...I think I tend to the extrovert side,....but I do enjoy a certain amount of alone time as well. I think I'd hit it off pretty good with old ET up there in Canuckistan if we ever had the opportunity to meet in person. :computer:
I prefer to keep an open mind,....but not so much that my brains fall out.- Carl Sagan

Poet of the Month
March 2011

Nefertari
Queen of the Nile

Post by Nefertari » Wed May 23, 2012 1:36 pm

INTRO.....for sure....I enjoy my company for the most part....the conversation is great and I always win the arguments!!!! All I need is a book, pen and paper....sometimes a computer. It works for me. :cool:
The Queen of ancient Egypt, fair and wise.

IT'S DUSTY IN HERE, CLEAN MY PYRAMID!

The Nile is rising...now I've got MUD!!

LadySaturn
Ruler of Saturn

Post by LadySaturn » Thu May 24, 2012 1:57 am

bags123 wrote:Usually,...I think I tend to the extrovert side,....but I do enjoy a certain amount of alone time as well. I think I'd hit it off pretty good with old ET up there in Canuckistan if we ever had the opportunity to meet in person. :computer:
Something tells me you'd hit it off with the moose around there as well.. Don't come crying to me though if the moose drinks you under the table. :hello:

bags123
Insufferable Crouton

Post by bags123 » Thu May 24, 2012 6:48 am

Nefertari wrote:INTRO.....for sure....I enjoy my company for the most part....the conversation is great and I always win the arguments!!!! All I need is a book, pen and paper....sometimes a computer. It works for me. :cool:
Yeah,...I'm mostly like that as well. I don't argue too much anymore. It's fun to watch them though. :mrgreen: Nowadays, I usually just agree to disagree. I still love to curl up with a good book occasionally. Refuse to buy a Nook, or Kindle. Prefer the feel and texture of a book in my hands, when I read. Unless it's a magazine of course. I even read USA TODAY sometimes. I've noticed that my time spent on a computer has increased for work related things, and decreased substantially for entertainment purposes. How's life up in IDAHO? I hear it's a beautiful part of the country. :cheers:

Poet of the Month
March 2011

bags123
Insufferable Crouton

Post by bags123 » Thu May 24, 2012 6:50 am

LadySaturn wrote:
bags123 wrote:Usually,...I think I tend to the extrovert side,....but I do enjoy a certain amount of alone time as well. I think I'd hit it off pretty good with old ET up there in Canuckistan if we ever had the opportunity to meet in person. :computer:
Something tells me you'd hit it off with the moose around there as well.. Don't come crying to me though if the moose drinks you under the table. :hello:

Me and the Mooses could have a stag party! :thewave:

Poet of the Month
March 2011

LadySaturn
Ruler of Saturn

Post by LadySaturn » Fri May 25, 2012 12:05 am

Oh good lord.. :lol: :lol: :lol:

MJPease
Quixotic Rambler

Post by MJPease » Sat May 26, 2012 5:14 am

That's a very difficult question to answer. In my younger more active and healthy "doing" periods of life I'd have to say that I was defintely very outgoing but in my post aug 1995 accident "being" years have probably become more introverted. It has become extremely difficult for me to decifur what sculpted my present situation with all of the out side medical infuence involved. I'm not quite sure what I'd be like if it were not for the accident. Take Care

Oh Forgive Me! How much do I owe you for the visit Dr Bags :mrgreen:
Take me back, so far back, adjust this fate. Afeared lately of pen, in abscence of light. The fear I might stumble upon a plagiarized soul. Wipe this dark slate clean, regain my thought. Add the words that rekindle my depth of soul.

Sincerely

Michael J Pease

LadySaturn
Ruler of Saturn

Post by LadySaturn » Sat May 26, 2012 7:41 pm

He charges by the Jameson :mrgreen:

And Mikey, don't let what you cant do stop you from being outgoing. Chances are the old Mikey still resides in you just waiting to burst out at the seams. And granted you may not be able to do some things you were before your accident but hell it shouldn't stop you from looking for alternatives and it shouldn't stop you from living life.

bags123
Insufferable Crouton

Post by bags123 » Tue May 06, 2014 7:42 am

He charges by the Jamerson :mrgreen:
Jamerson??? Must be bottled in Italy. :hello:

Poet of the Month
March 2011

GoddessErika
In-a-Sense Lost

Post by GoddessErika » Tue May 06, 2014 8:57 pm

Generally speaking I dislike people. I have very few friends, don't ever speak to people I don't know and am weirded out when they start up a conversation with me. I prefer to be alone, but on occasion I enjoy the company of 1-2 other people. I usually avoid eye contact, and look at the ground when I walk... Take a wild guess which kinda "vert" I am...

... and no, it's not "per"!
© Anarcha Erika Basta
Behind this pretty smile is a story you'll never understand.

bags123
Insufferable Crouton

Post by bags123 » Wed May 07, 2014 8:38 am

Interesting. I used to be more of an introvert. Then someone told me to just imagine everyone walking around in their skivies. Mao kind of had the same idea with the whole cultural revolution and the invention of the Mao suit. Less popular these days it seems,....but it does remove any intimidation that many people have towards those who they feel are better than them somehow based on what they wear, or what they drive, where they live, . The idea of uniforms in schools make
alot of sense to me. Concentrate on your ----ing lessons instead of what you're wearing. Just throw on the old Mao Suit, and you're ready to go. :mrgreen: :hello:

Poet of the Month
March 2011

LadySaturn
Ruler of Saturn

Post by LadySaturn » Sun May 11, 2014 8:24 pm

bags123 wrote:
He charges by the Jamerson :mrgreen:
Jamerson??? Must be bottled in Italy. :hello:
That's funny last I knew Jameson was an Irish whiskey from Ireland. Not from Italy, my friend. Unlike the Irish we know how to make quality liquor. We also don't piss in a bottle and call it whiskey. :hello:

Return to “Open Discussions and Members' Messages”