Pssst...Hey you.

Poetry Pages members' lounge. Any topic welcome within propriety guidelines.

Moderators: LadySaturn, Spazway

preston
Forever Silent Friend

Re: Pssst...Hey you.

Post by preston » Thu Jan 26, 2012 8:01 am

Cool idea.

We could call it the "I'm just saying" forum

Or if you're Canadian ... I'm not sayin'

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5Af5d1FeJn4

:cheers:

bags123
Insufferable Crouton

Post by bags123 » Thu Jan 26, 2012 8:21 am

Of course that'd mean I'd have to learn all that abbreviated texting jargon just to participate. I guess you'd really, really, have to love poetry to do all that huh? :computer:
I prefer to keep an open mind,....but not so much that my brains fall out.- Carl Sagan
Your brain is like an umbrella. It only works when it's open- Someone Smart

Poet of the Month
March 2011

LadySaturn
Ruler of Saturn
Tag line: Poet Laureate Nov 2011

Post by LadySaturn » Thu Jan 26, 2012 7:35 pm

:shrug: Are you talking like cellphone text or what.. And speaking of which why the hell is it everyone wants to text me... Damn it, if you want to tell me something call me and freaking tell me. I'm not going to sit here and text your ass for an hour just so you you can tell me what's up... Screw that. I have more important things to do like I don't know work on my writing, work on my business, clean, cook, protest against the injustice in the world, spend time reading the Bible and with God, spend time with family, clean, cook, bake, grocery shopping, find the freaking meaning to life, deal with my hundred or so husbands and ex-husbands. Reminds me I have to get Terry's alimony check to him next month, might be late though, take a shower, go potty, sleep, eat, work out, read, go on the internet and post here and do other things, and so forth.

bags123
Insufferable Crouton

Post by bags123 » Fri Jan 27, 2012 7:27 am

I have more important things to do like I don't know work
You should run for President. I hear the Republicans have an openning for a new nominee. :mrgreen:
I prefer to keep an open mind,....but not so much that my brains fall out.- Carl Sagan

Poet of the Month
March 2011

bags123
Insufferable Crouton

Post by bags123 » Fri Jan 27, 2012 7:35 am

Newt Gingrich? Sounds more like some kind of salamander you'd find in the Galapagos Islands. Would enough people actually vote for someone named "Newt"? That's all I can mentally picture when I hear Newt's name. Like the picture from the 4th grade science textbook. Say,.... is a Newt and a Salamander the same thing,...just different names? Kind of like how Subs are called Hoagies in PA, or Po-Boys down south. Hero's or Torpedos in the mid-West,...etc, etc, etc. I used to catch salamanders all the time when I was a kid. Usually under rocks near a stream or pond. Never remember coming across a newt though. Unless they're the same things of course. In which case I've seen many. :thewave:

Poet of the Month
March 2011

preston
Forever Silent Friend

Post by preston » Fri Jan 27, 2012 7:58 am

Do you think that's what his momma named him ... or was he turned into a newt by an evil witch with a carrot for a nose ?

:arrow: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xzYO0joolR0

:roll:

bags123
Insufferable Crouton

Post by bags123 » Fri Jan 27, 2012 12:24 pm

I think his real name is Neutron. Newt for short. :cheers:

Poet of the Month
March 2011

LadySaturn
Ruler of Saturn

Post by LadySaturn » Fri Jan 27, 2012 2:11 pm

I told you I'm the Party of the American People and by the American people. And I am running for President. Everyone just has to write my name on the ballot. :hello: Not Repub and not Dem. Both can drown in the sea for all I care. And newt is a big fat joke who can't think for himself. That's why he has to steal other people's ideas.. And as for the others, whew don't get me started.. :no:

MJPease
Quixotic Rambler

Post by MJPease » Fri Feb 03, 2012 8:37 am

How did I miss this Newt for all. Not to worry folks Newts going to the moon. The Dark Side I hope. Come November he'll be taking Mit and the rest of the Elephants with him. Donald Trump is financing what hopefully will be a one way trip for all of them. The Dark Side Colony will be a tax free zone for millionaires. :thewave: :hello:
Take me back, so far back, adjust this fate. Afeared lately of pen, in abscence of light. The fear I might stumble upon a plagiarized soul. Wipe this dark slate clean, regain my thought. Add the words that rekindle my depth of soul.

Sincerely

Michael J Pease

Moongem
Paradoxical Poetess

Post by Moongem » Fri Feb 03, 2012 9:02 am

Ha, you guys are so funny! Good to see you all. Hi Gerry.

Not much new here. Kids are older, 20 & 16 now, still at the copper mine, down/up to six cats, our alpha fixed male, Oofy, brought an orphaned kitten into the house last fall and dumped her in the living room, her name's Sammi. I've had cataract surgery, two colonoscopies and a few aches and pains but am lucky to still be basically healthy. Still smoke, use salt and drink but on the other hand have cut almost all fat out of our eating style. Lost 30 pounds, my daughter 80. Don't write poetry much anymore, doesn't seem to be anything left to say, I usually end up whining in sonnet form when I do. Just don't have the passion of ten years ago, which is bothersome but predictable, alot happens in ten years, getting older not the least of them. :shrug:

So, just wanted to say hi and tell you I miss you, and Jenn and days gone by and to wish you all the best. :cheers: :hello:

bags123
Insufferable Crouton

Post by bags123 » Fri Feb 03, 2012 9:22 am

Hi Moonie,...great to hear from you. Glad things are going well on your side of the world. Funny,....I think I'm getting younger rather than older after all these years. At least that's what my wife tells me as she adjusts the straps on my diapers. :mrgreen:

Poet of the Month
March 2011

Spazway
Lost in a Dream

Post by Spazway » Fri Feb 03, 2012 10:36 am

:hello: Just popped in to say hi. Surgery went well and I'm able to start trying to use my arm again. Now if I could just get the feeling back in my forearm and hand...
If you live to be a hundred, I want to live to be a hundred minus one day so I never have to live without you. ~ A. A. Milne

LadySaturn
Ruler of Saturn

Post by LadySaturn » Fri Feb 03, 2012 11:20 am

Hi Moon, miss you too. :hugs:

And that's good Spaz.. By the way I thought you said pooped in.. Ha ha ha... I so silly. :lol:

MJPease
Quixotic Rambler

Post by MJPease » Fri Feb 03, 2012 11:30 am

If anyone pooped in, that would be me not spaz. The operation was on her -------- oh forget it. :shrug: Hey Moongem How did your girls get older and I didn't :shock: Wait a minute I did didn't I :crying: Oh Crap! I'm getting old :roll:
Take me back, so far back, adjust this fate. Afeared lately of pen, in abscence of light. The fear I might stumble upon a plagiarized soul. Wipe this dark slate clean, regain my thought. Add the words that rekindle my depth of soul.

Sincerely

Michael J Pease

LadySaturn
Ruler of Saturn

Post by LadySaturn » Fri Feb 03, 2012 11:33 am

Hey, the fact that Bagsy brought up that he wears diapers is an image I could have went without. My god. :no: And we're all getting older, Mikey. Except me, I age backwards. :hello:

Return to “Open Discussions and Members' Messages”