Michael J Pease

Poetry Pages members' lounge. Any topic welcome within propriety guidelines.

Moderators: LadySaturn, Spazway

heinzs
The Fat Cat
Tag line: Do no harm

Michael J Pease

Post by heinzs » Sun Aug 21, 2011 10:33 am

I emailed MIkey because he's been MIA for a while. Wasn't sure what was going on there. Fortunately he has been able to respond, and the news is that he and Lucienne are still around, but have been playing hopscotch with hospitals. First one then the other. It's Lucy's turn this time around, so I hope we will all send her positive energies for her upcoming surgery. I've taken the liberty of copying Mike's email response to me here as I'm sure he wouldn't mind.
Hello Heinz, So Sorry for being MIA. I’ve learned in the past that that being ill is difficult but having a loved one become just as ill is even more of a challenge. My wife Lucienne has been going through a difficult time since March. She has three fractures in her spine, T-12 is in fact crushed. She will be having surgery on 8-29-11. Her difficulties are a direct result of her picking up the slack for me during my recovery. We are in a merry go round medical brew ha ha here in Clarence Center NY. Lucy was ill with her blood clots last summer then I needed emergency surgery last fall. Right now it’s her turn LOL! It sure would be nice to get back to the old routine of checking in with the Pages and all of my wonderful friends. When I check on e-mail these days there a a few hundred or so backed up. Time just keeps on flying. Take Care My Friend
Again, please send your positive wishes, prayers, whatever you wish to call them to Mike and Lucy.

:hearts:

Heinz
An' it harm none, do what ye will. Blessed Be.
My Poet's Page Archive | Topics I've started

preston
Forever Silent Friend

Re: Michael J Pease

Post by preston » Sun Aug 21, 2011 12:04 pm

May her surgery be painless, her recovery swift and her copay modest.

:hello:

LadySaturn
Ruler of Saturn
Tag line: Poet Laureate Nov 2011

Post by LadySaturn » Mon Aug 22, 2011 12:49 pm

Tell them I'm praying for them both, Pops.. :hello:

Spazway
Lost in a Dream

Post by Spazway » Tue Aug 23, 2011 7:47 am

Wishing Mike and Lucy all the best and sending lots of prayers and love their way. :hugs: :hearts:
If you live to be a hundred, I want to live to be a hundred minus one day so I never have to live without you. ~ A. A. Milne

bags123
Insufferable Crouton

Post by bags123 » Tue Aug 23, 2011 8:09 am

Just got back from vacation. Sorry to hear about you and Lucy's continued problems Michael. May God be with you both. :hugs:
I prefer to keep an open mind,....but not so much that my brains fall out.- Carl Sagan
Your brain is like an umbrella. It only works when it's open- Someone Smart

Poet of the Month
March 2011

MJPease
Quixotic Rambler

Post by MJPease » Fri Sep 16, 2011 8:38 am

Hello All, This is very special. Thanks :hearts: Lucy's doing Her best to get better. There has even been a new twist in our saga since I communicated with Heinzs. I experienced some sort of Neurological event which has paralyzed my right shoulder. An active bleed in my brain has been ruled out by CT. The Shoulder Head and Neck has been MRI'd. Shoulder MRI showed nothing mechanically wrong with shoulder. I was released from hospital yesterday and will receive OT PT and other assistance at home untill the "Big Guns" fill me in on Nuero Eval next week. Who has more fun than people?
I have ignored you all terribly over the summer and feal bad about it. Some times bad news just keeps piling up and you have nothing else to share. Then eventually or at least I feal that it's best to just keep it to your self. I don't want to be the resident bummer :mrgreen: Take Care
Take me back, so far back, adjust this fate. Afeared lately of pen, in abscence of light. The fear I might stumble upon a plagiarized soul. Wipe this dark slate clean, regain my thought. Add the words that rekindle my depth of soul.

Sincerely

Michael J Pease

heinzs
The Fat Cat
Tag line: Do no harm

Post by heinzs » Fri Sep 16, 2011 11:24 am

You're never a bummer, Michael. We always want to know how your are and wish you and Lucy speedy and full recoveries from your ailments. Thank you so much for keeping in touch.

:hearts: :hugs:
An' it harm none, do what ye will. Blessed Be.
My Poet's Page Archive | Topics I've started

bags123
Insufferable Crouton

Post by bags123 » Fri Sep 16, 2011 11:47 am

The last bummer I had was back in 72. :thewave: I've since sworn off any synthetics. Afterall,...there's enough natural ways to enjoy oneself without resorting to pills. Unless you're sick of course. Then you can take as many as necessary. The only 100% organic way to cure some sickness is to just let it run it's natural course. I was visiting with a business aquaintance earlier this week. He's 72, and was just diagnosed with some rare form of leukemia. He says he's never felt better. He's still active. Plays golf on a regular basis. Walks,...exercises 3 times a week at the gym. His doctor told him that if he does nothing,...it will be between 5 and 7 years before he has noticeable disability from the disease. If he takes the treatments,...which are not only painful, but expensive, who's to garauntee that he's going to live longer than that anyway? Weird isn't it? The choices we have to put up with as we get older. This past weekend I bought two hundred rounds of rifle ammunition,...and 2 boxes of shotgun shells just to have in the house. You never know when a riot's gonna break out these days. Plus,...it's getting close to Thanksgiving again,...and I still have to shoot a turkey. Last year I used a spear. It's pretty time consuming trying to spear a turkey if you've never tried? I don't know how the Indians did it. We've got wild turkey's everywhere this year,...especially in Albany. Flocks of 'em
Especially around the Capital building. For some reason they seem to congregate there. As a kid I used to feed the pigeons on the front lawn. Now,...nothing but turkeys. I hear they're even worse in New York. :computer:
I prefer to keep an open mind,....but not so much that my brains fall out.- Carl Sagan

Poet of the Month
March 2011

LadySaturn
Ruler of Saturn

Post by LadySaturn » Fri Sep 16, 2011 12:05 pm

First off, Bagsy you're aging yourself again.. :no:

And Mikey, you're never a bummer. We'd like to know if you and Lucy are doing okay. You are a part of the P.F. (Poetry Familia.) You've got Familia and friends who care about you and of course Lucy. Even though, she isn't on here. You have talked an awful lot about her and well I think it's safe for me to say for everyone when we feel she's part of the Familia too. Keep us updated, good or bad news on how you two are doing. :hello:

bags123
Insufferable Crouton

Post by bags123 » Fri Sep 16, 2011 12:39 pm

You're like the Aunt who always wanted to slobber on ya at family reunions. :mrgreen:

Poet of the Month
March 2011

Bruno
MAXIMUS LUDICROUS

Post by Bruno » Fri Sep 16, 2011 12:57 pm

Weird isn't it? The choices we have to put up with as we get older
...getting less it seems but more serious as mortality makes itself more apparent. Also do you realize how many potential poets whose careers you can cut short with that kind of fire power?? Hmm...maybe you should consider doubling up?? :twisted:

LadySaturn
Ruler of Saturn

Post by LadySaturn » Fri Sep 16, 2011 1:29 pm

bags123 wrote:You're like the Aunt who always wanted to slobber on ya at family reunions. :mrgreen:
I'll take that as a compliment. Besides, don't you know in Italian and especially Sicilian families, family comes first. Well in my case God, Jesus, then family. But still... :mrgreen: :hello:

MJPease
Quixotic Rambler

Post by MJPease » Fri Sep 23, 2011 6:24 am

You should take that as a compliment. Some professional mind tinkers have told me on several occassions that the proper order of things should be #1 Self (translation of Ego, I am) #2 Spouse (If you have one) #3 Family and so on. It seems selfish at first but when you get down to brass tacks it all makes sense. If you don't take care of yourself how are you going to take care of anyone else. Take Care :cheers:
Take me back, so far back, adjust this fate. Afeared lately of pen, in abscence of light. The fear I might stumble upon a plagiarized soul. Wipe this dark slate clean, regain my thought. Add the words that rekindle my depth of soul.

Sincerely

Michael J Pease

bags123
Insufferable Crouton

Post by bags123 » Fri Sep 23, 2011 7:58 am

My oldest son took me out to see a band called "The Sword" from Austin Tx last night. I'd never heard of them,...but he seemed to really be into them,...so I went primarily to spend time with him. To my surprise,..they turned out to be excellent! The lead guitarist/singer/songwriter for the band was a dead ringer for Pete Townsend circa 1970-1971. The only thing he was missing was the white jumpsuit. Suffice it to say,..I was very impressed. The first band, Maggot Brain,...really sucked though. :computer:

Poet of the Month
March 2011

MJPease
Quixotic Rambler

Post by MJPease » Fri Sep 23, 2011 9:40 am

That sounds really cool Gerry spending quality time with your Son and finding out that you both have great taste in music. I'm amazed at how rock has crossed generations. The computer commercial on TV right now featuring a Clip of Jimi Hendrix is mind boggling to me. My band Shades Of Mind was covering Hendrix tunes in the late 60's. I'm an old man and Hendrix has been dead for 40 some years. I guess Elvis made the rock roll and I guess it will just keep on roll'n. Hey! Even Mick Jagger has a new band. OH Yeah Hendrix has done alright for himself even after the overdose. That INTEL CORE 1.5 has done wonders for him, he hasn't aged a bit :mrgreen:
The more I think of it a band called Maggot Brain couldn't do anything more than suck. I hope they weren't from Austin. I've heard that nothing but good comes out of Austin. I'm serious about that. Never been there. I know that Preston lives there or close to there. Take Care

Sincerely

Michael J Pease

Return to “Open Discussions and Members' Messages”