Cocaine Zombies

Poetry Pages members' lounge. Any topic welcome within propriety guidelines.

Moderators: LadySaturn, Spazway

LadySaturn
Ruler of Saturn
Tag line: Poet Laureate Nov 2011

Re: Cocaine Zombies

Post by LadySaturn » Tue Aug 09, 2011 12:57 pm

No, it was something else. Silly pants. :roll:

Eternum 1
Black Ferret Poet

Post by Eternum 1 » Sat Aug 27, 2011 7:53 pm

bags123 wrote:I personally never cared for Cocaine.
I never liked it either but as I recall, I did develop a tolerance for the smell. That was during my stint in a rolled up club jacket ,tan and t-shirt job as a disco manager. I had more rails offered to me than Union Pacific that year.

Never developed a craving like some. Just lucky my DNA doesn't form dependencies that easily. I always found the company of women intoxicating along with fast cars. Escapes through reading at least one novella or book a month remain my foremost indulgence and addiction.

Zombies will always be a side effect of the practice of Vudun in my mind and that has little to do with modern cinema. The fear of being drugged in Haiti is premature burial; not being attacked by flesh eaters.

Zombies also were a sixties band that performed "She's Not There" among other things. A bit morbid but less then terrifying.

bags123
Insufferable Crouton

Post by bags123 » Mon Aug 29, 2011 8:37 am

Eternum 1 wrote:
bags123 wrote:I personally never cared for Cocaine.
I never liked it either but as I recall, I did develop a tolerance for the smell. That was during my stint in a rolled up club jacket ,tan and t-shirt job as a disco manager. I had more rails offered to me than Union Pacific that year.

Never developed a craving like some. Just lucky my DNA doesn't form dependencies that easily. I always found the company of women intoxicating along with fast cars. Escapes through reading at least one novella or book a month remain my foremost indulgence and addiction.

Zombies will always be a side effect of the practice of Vudun in my mind and that has little to do with modern cinema. The fear of being drugged in Haiti is premature burial; not being attacked by flesh eaters.

Zombies also were a sixties band that performed "She's Not There" among other things. A bit morbid but less then terrifying.
Thanks for the history lesson ET. Lord knows you've been around a long time. Disco Manager eh? I never cared for Disco either. Maybe that's why I never cared for cocaine. I always preferred to slow down when I was on my own time,...not speed up. "That's the way, uh huh, uh huh,...I like it. Uh huh, uh huh." :computer:
I prefer to keep an open mind,....but not so much that my brains fall out.- Carl Sagan
Your brain is like an umbrella. It only works when it's open- Someone Smart

Poet of the Month
March 2011

Eternum 1
Black Ferret Poet

Post by Eternum 1 » Mon Aug 29, 2011 11:07 pm

bags123 wrote:Thanks for the history lesson ET. Lord knows you've been around a long time. Disco Manager eh? I never cared for Disco either. Maybe that's why I never cared for cocaine. I always preferred to slow down when I was on my own time,...not speed up. "That's the way, uh huh, uh huh,...I like it. Uh huh, uh huh." :computer:
I had hired live bands previously and they were problematic for a number of reasons. Disco brought out women patrons more so than rock did and women always means way more money in the cash register.

bags123
Insufferable Crouton

Post by bags123 » Tue Aug 30, 2011 12:05 pm

Eternum 1 wrote:
bags123 wrote:Thanks for the history lesson ET. Lord knows you've been around a long time. Disco Manager eh? I never cared for Disco either. Maybe that's why I never cared for cocaine. I always preferred to slow down when I was on my own time,...not speed up. "That's the way, uh huh, uh huh,...I like it. Uh huh, uh huh." :computer:
I had hired live bands previously and they were problematic for a number of reasons.
Yeah,...they usually cause a ruckus when they don't get paid by some shifty Disco Manager. :mrgreen:
I prefer to keep an open mind,....but not so much that my brains fall out.- Carl Sagan

Poet of the Month
March 2011

LadySaturn
Ruler of Saturn

Post by LadySaturn » Tue Aug 30, 2011 12:43 pm

E.T. was a disco manager.. Omg..Image Whew, you guys and your little flashbacks.. I'm knowing more then I need to.Image

bags123
Insufferable Crouton

Post by bags123 » Tue Aug 30, 2011 1:11 pm

LadySaturn wrote:E.T. was a disco manager.. Omg..Image Whew, you guys and your little flashbacks.. I'm knowing more then I need to.Image
ET was the main DJ at "Club Moose" just outside of Kamloops. :thumbsup:

Poet of the Month
March 2011

LadySaturn
Ruler of Saturn

Post by LadySaturn » Tue Aug 30, 2011 1:36 pm

Eternum 1
Black Ferret Poet

Post by Eternum 1 » Tue Aug 30, 2011 7:09 pm

LadySaturn wrote:E.T. was a disco manager.. Omg..Image Whew, you guys and your little flashbacks.. I'm knowing more then I need to.Image
Funny you should say that as the club still operates and it's called Flashbacks now. It's in Kelowna BC.

We had live bands there occasionaly including Steve Miller, Boz Scaggs etc.

Eternum 1
Black Ferret Poet

Post by Eternum 1 » Tue Aug 30, 2011 7:17 pm

bags123 wrote:Yeah,...they usually cause a ruckus when they don't get paid by some shifty Disco Manager. :mrgreen:
Only happened once and that was a 'ruckus' with a last minute substitution from California (the original band booked was arrested at the border for drug and firearms violations). The substitutes apparently accepted the job after their agent promised them a fee twice our weekly going rate. It took some strong persuasion on my part to get them to leave without further attempts to extort money from me.

bags123
Insufferable Crouton

Post by bags123 » Wed Aug 31, 2011 6:20 am

Eternum 1 wrote:
bags123 wrote:Yeah,...they usually cause a ruckus when they don't get paid by some shifty Disco Manager. :mrgreen:
Only happened once and that was a 'ruckus' with a last minute substitution from California (the original band booked was arrested at the border for drug and firearms violations). The substitutes apparently accepted the job after their agent promised them a fee twice our weekly going rate. It took some strong persuasion on my part to get them to leave without further attempts to extort money from me.

Why didn't you just pay them the difference in BC Bud? I'm sure something could have been worked out to avoid a ruckus. :cheers:

Poet of the Month
March 2011

Eternum 1
Black Ferret Poet

Post by Eternum 1 » Wed Aug 31, 2011 9:35 am

bags123 wrote:
Eternum 1 wrote:
bags123 wrote:Why didn't you just pay them the difference in BC Bud? I'm sure something could have been worked out to avoid a ruckus. :cheers:
Suggesting I'd offer to barter a proscribed substance, thereby contravening both the criminal code and the tax act? :no:

Why didn't I think of that? :thumbsup:

bags123
Insufferable Crouton

Post by bags123 » Wed Aug 31, 2011 10:18 am

Why didn't I think of that?
It was probably all that loud Disco music you were playing. :mrgreen:

Poet of the Month
March 2011

LadySaturn
Ruler of Saturn

Post by LadySaturn » Wed Aug 31, 2011 3:59 pm

Eternum 1 wrote:
Funny you should say that as the club still operates and it's called Flashbacks now. It's in Kelowna BC.

We had live bands there occasionaly including Steve Miller, Boz Scaggs etc.
ImageImage

Return to “Open Discussions and Members' Messages”