It's The Gun Stupid

Poetry Pages members' lounge. Any topic welcome within propriety guidelines.

Moderators: LadySaturn, Spazway

gordy
Windfall Prophet

Re: It's The Gun Stupid

Post by gordy » Mon Jul 14, 2014 7:02 pm

i had a "45 of pecos bill and also had a coonskin hat that i wore until it fell apart in tatters :)
-----------------------------

My Jesus hung out with thieves and sluts and liars, which Jesus do you worship?

---Todd Agnew

Perfection is my enemy
Procrastination is his cohort
Persistence is my sword

---Gordy

gordy
Windfall Prophet

Post by gordy » Mon Jul 14, 2014 7:06 pm

you dont really think people walk around stores like that in america do you? those pics were taken as "Photo ops" for some nonsense news stories probably. the guy with the drink had to be drinking tea or something it is illegal to drink alcohol while carrying in a bar. also the bar has a right to deny access if you are carrying. :mrgreen:

---Todd Agnew

Perfection is my enemy
Persistence is my sword

---Gordy

Eternum 1
Black Ferret Poet

Post by Eternum 1 » Mon Jul 14, 2014 7:21 pm

gordy wrote: the guy with the drink had to be drinking tea or something it is illegal to drink alcohol while carrying in a bar:
Every state will differ in how they choose to allow booze with guns.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X5yoOanx ... 9IgM13939y
Last edited by Eternum 1 on Mon Jul 14, 2014 7:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Eternum 1
Black Ferret Poet

Post by Eternum 1 » Mon Jul 14, 2014 7:22 pm

gordy wrote:i had a "45 of pecos bill and also had a coonskin hat that i wore until it fell apart in tatters :)
Those days were great. Yo yos, hula hoops, cap pistols, building forts and swings over the creeks and playing outside until dark. I used to visit my grandpa who had a orchard near a Indian reserve. We'd get all dirty playing all day and my grandpa used make us wash up in a big washtub outside before we were allowed in the house for supper. His tale goes that the ones that were still brown after washing were sent home right after supper.
Last edited by Eternum 1 on Mon Jul 14, 2014 7:50 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Eternum 1
Black Ferret Poet

Post by Eternum 1 » Mon Jul 14, 2014 7:26 pm

gordy wrote:you dont really think people walk around stores like that in america do you? those pics were taken as "Photo ops" for some nonsense news stories probably. :
The first and last pics were part of a protest conducted by open carry advocates in Arizona against Target for having a policy of refusing to allow open carry guns in their stores. The one with the guy sitting in the bar is in a saloon that had a permit to allow patrons to open carry in their bar. They apparently posted a sign to warn others to stay out if they didn't like it. I'll see if I can identify the state that's in.

Yes, some states, as you were saying, allow you can wear a gun inside a bar but won't allow you to order a drink while doing so. It doesn't prevent you from getting a snootful before you go into that bar or the person with you buying an extra glass to get bottle courage from. Anyway you look at it, I don't believe guns and bars go together. Maybe that's just me but I doubt it.

MJPease
Quixotic Rambler

Post by MJPease » Wed Jul 23, 2014 11:34 am

Hey All! I can't relate to much of this conversation since I live in New York State. If the rest of the country follows our lead then I think Gun control will be much more effective. Right now we are trying like hell to repeal the new S.A.F E. act as being unconstitutional even before this new law took effect our standards were the stiffest in the nation. Background checks are a good thing. I agree with Terry it takes a lot to become a federal firearms dealer and remain one, it's no joking matter. One of my best buds is one and I know what hoops he has to jump through. I also believe in the Constitution of the United States of America. I swore an oath to protect the constitution of America against all enemies foreign and domestic. The oath as far as I know does not have an expiration date, need I say more.
Take me back, so far back, adjust this fate. Afeared lately of pen, in abscence of light. The fear I might stumble upon a plagiarized soul. Wipe this dark slate clean, regain my thought. Add the words that rekindle my depth of soul.

Sincerely

Michael J Pease

Eternum 1
Black Ferret Poet

Post by Eternum 1 » Tue Aug 26, 2014 10:08 pm

Another one to file under dumbass, Nevada edition. Setting a Uzi on auto for a little girl. This shit just doesn't happen in any other country:

http://news.ca.msn.com/top-stories/shoo ... l-with-uzi

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cfMzK7QwfrU

The NRA used to be about gun safety but I'll bet they don't say a word about this incident. Gun deaths just don't matter to them.
Last edited by Eternum 1 on Thu Aug 28, 2014 4:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Bruno
MAXIMUS LUDICROUS

Post by Bruno » Wed Aug 27, 2014 10:59 am

I feel sorry for the girl more than anyone. She's going to need help dealing with it!

gordy
Windfall Prophet

Post by gordy » Wed Aug 27, 2014 2:13 pm

---Todd Agnew

Perfection is my enemy
Persistence is my sword

---Gordy

gordy
Windfall Prophet

Post by gordy » Wed Aug 27, 2014 2:18 pm

---Todd Agnew

Perfection is my enemy
Persistence is my sword

---Gordy

Eternum 1
Black Ferret Poet

Post by Eternum 1 » Thu Aug 28, 2014 1:29 pm

Honduras, El Salvador and Jamaica have higher murder raters than the US as well Gordy but considering those countries are heavily involved with narcotics sales to America it's not surprising. Mexico has a high gang related murder rate as well. Most of the guns used in all these countries can be traced back to America as place of origin.

Reagan's Iran/Contra or drugs for guns model is what fuels the secret economy of agencies and covert groups that can't always get congress to fund their criminal activities.

If you follow the money the illegal drug trade married to the gun trade produces more cash flow than any other business in the world. Guns aren't just a second amendment issue. Arms sales supports regimes that produce heroin and cocaine and slavery in a trifecta of criminal enterprise.

Many of the so called international food aid programs have riders in their aid contracts stipulating the countries receiving food and medical aid must purchase weapons and other military goods with a portion of the money sent as supposed relief.

It's ironic that people support the arms merchants with the idea of protecting themselves from criminals when it's the same merchants who arm those criminals globally.

LadySaturn
Ruler of Saturn
Tag line: Poet Laureate Nov 2011

Post by LadySaturn » Fri Aug 29, 2014 5:50 pm

Poop. :book:

MJPease
Quixotic Rambler

Post by MJPease » Wed Sep 03, 2014 9:08 am

I just received the NRA 2014 National Gun Owners Action Survey. I consider myself a responsible Gun owner. Not now a member on the NRA and will not be since I agree with less than 50% of the survey. I have never been able to wrap my head around the NRA's failure to work for an all win situation to the gun problem it's their way or the highway. I did check Yes for #11 Would you authorize NRA to use your survey answers to fight for your fundamental rights at the federal level and in your state legislature? I bet mine will be flushed or shredded. LOL Take Care
Take me back, so far back, adjust this fate. Afeared lately of pen, in abscence of light. The fear I might stumble upon a plagiarized soul. Wipe this dark slate clean, regain my thought. Add the words that rekindle my depth of soul.

Sincerely

Michael J Pease

bags123
Insufferable Crouton

Post by bags123 » Fri Sep 05, 2014 8:19 am

I think everyone should be given an assault rifle when they graduate High School. Join the real world,...so to speak. :thewave:
I prefer to keep an open mind,....but not so much that my brains fall out.- Carl Sagan
Your brain is like an umbrella. It only works when it's open- Someone Smart

Poet of the Month
March 2011

Eternum 1
Black Ferret Poet

Post by Eternum 1 » Sun Sep 21, 2014 7:47 pm

I got one of these asalt rifles this summer:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LYAAy8Q_smU

Return to “Open Discussions and Members' Messages”