In My Mind

A place for new members to post their poetry so we may get to know them and their poetry better. Caution: may contain mature content or language.
Forum rules
A place for new members to post their poetry so we may get to know them and their poetry better. NO erotica.
Autoprune: 12-months
Eric
A Poet in the Rain
Tag line: Learn this Life

In My Mind

Post by Eric » Sat Jun 09, 2012 9:16 pm

As I reflect on all the misery and all the daily pain
I am reminded what had failed in me, as I laid there in the rain
I struggled with the thoughts I 've had, I had chose to walk alone
I didnt want to be so mad, or share things that I had known
I made so many discoveries, some had no appeal
As I made it to recovery, I had to relearn how to heal
But since this time not far away, I find myself right here
With all the things I kept at bay, I still can't help to tear
I want to give this all I have, to finally reach this goal
And give myself just some relief, remove this pressure from my soul
I know that what I have endured, I have found that I have will
I know that I will not be cured, but I continue up that hill
In my own silence, siiting here, I'm surrounded with my doubt
But it is time to face my fear, if I can just stay on this route
Many questions I do find, as I contiinue to guess my fate
But hearing what is in my mind, I'm so scared that it's to late!

© 2012 Eric R. Garcia. All rights reserved www.blizzardsofthought.com
***Poetry Pages Poet of the Month June 2012***
Author Award winning Blizzards of Thought A Book of Reflection March 2011 http://www.blizzardsofthought.com/Image

Travis
The Transformed One
Tag line: The Truth Transforms

Re: In My Mind

Post by Travis » Sat Jun 09, 2012 9:30 pm

It is not too late my friend... your writing touches others more than you know...one day, you will overcome and when you do...you will see all happens for a reason and in good time...

-Travis :grin:
************************************************************************************
The soul becomes dyed with the color of its thoughts. ~Marcus Aurelius

************************************************************************************

**Member of the Month**
May 2012

Eric
A Poet in the Rain

Post by Eric » Sat Jun 09, 2012 9:33 pm

Yes my friend you are right ... but these are lessons and times in my life when things may not have been so clear ... but it the unclear comes learning and reflection! and by the way Travis Congrats on your Poet of the Month! Its always a good feeling to be recognized for your work! GOOD JOB! :thewave:
Author Award winning Blizzards of Thought A Book of Reflection March 2011 http://www.blizzardsofthought.com/Image

Travis
The Transformed One

Post by Travis » Sun Jun 10, 2012 8:57 pm

Hey thanks for the encouraging words but I have to give credit where it is due and FirestoneFeinberg won May 2012 Poet of the Month; Goldenrod and I both were recognized as May 2012 Members of the month....besides, I haven't been around long Enough to be deserving of such an award...

-Travis :grin:

**Member of the Month**
May 2012

Eric
A Poet in the Rain

Post by Eric » Sun Jun 10, 2012 10:27 pm

lol I didnt think I have been around long enough but you kind of blew that idea out of the water lol ! maybe I will be next lmao ... probably not ... My style is still to unique and not really getting the attention I think it deserves but with some help from a few very honest and knowledgeable readers on here ( and you know who you are) .... some day maybe ! People may actually like mine lol! But really Travis good job well deserved . I do enjoy your poetry and your style ! :thewave: :cheers: :thumbsup: :mrgreen:

heinzs
The Fat Cat
Tag line: Do no harm

Post by heinzs » Mon Jun 11, 2012 12:17 pm

"Poet of the Month" is an older award and is randomly given out to both active and inactive poets based on their collections, variety, style, etc. Usually another member nominates the poet but sometimes the administrators make a choice based on merit alone. "Member of the Month" is a new award to honor recent additions to the familia who have shown a deep and active interest in participation in the forums posting and responding to topics. Both Travis and Goldenrod met these criteria last month. Your activity had dropped off a bit, but you've returned with a vengeance, Eric! lol. At this rate you are actually the prime contender for the award for June... no one else seems to be on the track with you at this point. Becoming "Poet of the Month" or "Member of the Month" does not take away from your chances of getting an additional award. Depends on who's reading and who's nominating... lol.

Other random awards:

Poem of the Month;
Poem of the Week; designed to highlight one outstanding piece. Again, these may be older poems that have been "rediscovered" and brought forward from the back pages.

Poet Laureate; an award that was fun for a while, but the nominated poets got tired and it fell by the wayside... lol.

Community Favorite; an award that requires more than one nomination. It's been silent for some time.

Check out the community forum and feel free to nominate for any of the open awards.

Also check out the "challenges" forum. Sometimes these bring in a lot of new ideas and great pieces.

Cheers to you!

Heinz
An' it harm none, do what ye will. Blessed Be.
My Poet's Page Archive | Topics I've started

Eric
A Poet in the Rain

Post by Eric » Mon Jun 11, 2012 2:56 pm

:thumbsup:

Travis
The Transformed One

Post by Travis » Mon Jun 11, 2012 8:07 pm

I know it may not count as much as I am a newbie here but I am a big fan of your work! I like your style and you are right, it is unique but you also right with deep emotion; feelings your reader can relate to and moves them because of the "awesomeness" you create with pen and ink ... Keep writing...I want to read more...My work pales in comparison to yours...but I am learning...

~Travis

**Member of the Month**
May 2012

Return to “The New Members' Café”