Just checking in.

A permanent archive dedicated to the memory of Jennifer Sloan. Read The Ravyn's story in poetry and prose. Post your own story or seek help in The Ravyn's Wings forum.

Moderators: thief of dreams, Moongem

LJAmara
Clearwater Poet
Tag line: Muddling through

Just checking in.

Post by LJAmara » Sat Oct 30, 2010 8:13 pm

Hello!

It's been awhile. How are you all? We're doing fine. Moved back to Denver last year to try and get a new start. So far things are looking up. The girls are doing wonderfully. 'Rena turned 13 this year and is looking more and more like Jenn every day. It's both a wonderful and a painful thing. I can hardly believe sometimes that she's an 8th grader now! Sarah tries to be just like her. She's 9 and thinks she's 13. Its both funny and worrying sometimes. 'Rena plays trombone in her school band. They had a concert a few weeks ago. I'm so proud of her! Sarah is in a thing they call "Big Bang" at her school. It's a mostly percussion group with drums and wood blocks and xylophones and such. She loves that! I'm back to work with the lawyers (ugh!). It's good money though.

I hope everyone is well here.

Lisa

heinzs
The Fat Cat
Tag line: Do no harm

Re: Just checking in.

Post by heinzs » Sat Oct 30, 2010 8:18 pm

It's always good to hear from you, Lisa. I'm glad to hear the good news. You and the girls will always be in our hearts. Happy belated birthday to you!

:angel: :hello:
An' it harm none, do what ye will. Blessed Be.
My Poet's Page Archive | Topics I've started

LJAmara
Clearwater Poet

Post by LJAmara » Sat Oct 30, 2010 8:37 pm

Thank you! The girls "took me out to dinner" for my birthday, which means we got to go to their favorite restaurant (Sam's #3) and I got to pay.

heinzs
The Fat Cat

Post by heinzs » Sun Oct 31, 2010 6:13 pm

That sounds all so familiar. :lol:

thief of dreams
surrounded by shadows

Post by thief of dreams » Mon Nov 01, 2010 10:04 pm

13? Almost time to ship her butt off to some Himalayan Monastery in the middle of some snow covered mountain range with no roads!
It is good to know things are better and going good.
"Thoughts are the shadows of our feelings - always darker, emptier and simpler."
Friedrich Nietzsche

LJAmara
Clearwater Poet

Post by LJAmara » Wed Nov 30, 2011 8:04 pm

Thank you Terry. I think a Himalayan monastery might be a bit extreme.

Then again, after her display of attitude this evening I could possibly be talked into that solution. :evil: :wink:

LJAmara
Clearwater Poet

Post by LJAmara » Sat Jul 21, 2012 9:51 pm

Update! (Hi!)

Rena thinks she wants to be a drummer. I made the mistake of buying the rock band game and the drums that go with it, and she plays them incessantly. Sarah has taken to the keyboard. (They're playing now - oh joy!) hehehe Now Rena wants "real" drums and some of her friends want to start a band. I've been looking all over but I know nothing about them so I'm really at a loss on what to do for her. Sarah, of course, wants to be in the band too, and I already have a little Yamaha electronic keyboard that she plays with all the time. I don't know if that will be good enough, but it works for now. Rena will be a sophomore this fall, and Sarah starts 6th grade. Fortunately their schools are next door to each other so I can just make one stop to drop them off in the morning and one to pick them up after work. The extra bonus is that their schools are across the street from their favorite park (Utah Park) so I'm sure that we'll be spending a lot of time there after school while the good weather holds out.

As for myself, there isn't much new or exciting happening. Just working and trying to keep up on the house/yard work.

That's about all for now. I hope everything is well for everyone here.

Lisa

heinzs
The Fat Cat

Post by heinzs » Sun Jul 22, 2012 12:18 am

Thanks for the update. One of my sons is a drummer and another is a bass player. They've both been in bands on and off for years. Music is a wonderful outlet and I'd be one to encourage every opportunity that I could. Drum sets can be very expensive, as can keyboards. Used sets are probably the best way to start. I always trusted my sons to pick their own instruments... I'm an accordeon player and know nothing about drums or guitars... lol.

Good luck with the music and I hope you get lots of fine weather to enjoy the park this summer... not too hot, not too windy.

:hello: :thumbsup:

LJAmara
Clearwater Poet

Post by LJAmara » Wed May 25, 2016 7:46 pm

Hello all! I hope you are all doing well. We are still muddling through, though as much as things stay the same, they change. Serena graduated high school last year and is currently going to CSU in Ft. Collins. Sarah is a freshman in high school now, well for another week or so anyway. Annie moved back in with us last year while looking for work. It is good to have her here. She's been a great help especially for Rena since she had already lived in Ft. Collins and went to CSU; she kind of showed Rena around and made sure she's in a good neighborhood. She also did the sweetest thing for Rena. I mentioned awhile back about her fascination with music. Both the girls, really. After Jenn died I made Annie take her father's guitar and amplifier with her to Ft. Collins. When she came back here last year she gave them to Rena and explained to her their meaning. Those were Jenn's most prized possessions; her father's favorite instruments and the only part of her father that she possessed aside from memories.

So, there you go - my life in a nutshell! :lol:

Well, there is one other thing, but it's even a little too TV drama for me. I think I'm falling in love... I don't know if I can. Time will tell, yes?

Please know that, even though I may not post here often, I do think of you pretty regularly. The past week or so Annie and I have been coming here and re-reading a great many posts. We invariably end up nearly drowning in our own - and each others' - tears.

So long for now. It's good to know this place is still here, and here's hoping it always will be.

thief of dreams
surrounded by shadows

Post by thief of dreams » Wed Jun 08, 2016 1:37 pm

Fall woman, fall! LOL. It brings a huge smile to my face to hear such things. I've done a lot of camping the last few years and every time I'm surrounded by trees I eventually always end up thinking about you all and Jenn. I even talk to Ravens and Crows when I see them in case there is a chance that it is in fact, Jenn. I don't mind that people stare at me awkwardly or push their kids in front of them as hey stumble away. I've embraced crazy, if that is what it is.

Happy to hear from you, Lisa.
:hugs:
"Thoughts are the shadows of our feelings - always darker, emptier and simpler."
Friedrich Nietzsche

LJAmara
Clearwater Poet

Post by LJAmara » Mon Jul 11, 2016 3:40 pm

If that means you are crazy, then I must be a raving lunatic. :hello:

heinzs
The Fat Cat

Post by heinzs » Wed Jul 27, 2016 11:32 pm

I've made Terry global moderator, and Sarah and Melissa are admins here, so if something happens to me the site will continue. Kim still has the keys, but the rent is cheap.. so far. We're also on FaceBook so you can check us out there as well.

:hearts:

thief of dreams
surrounded by shadows

Post by thief of dreams » Tue Aug 02, 2016 6:46 pm

I don't like the way that sounds, is everything ok?
Friedrich Nietzsche

Return to “The Ravyn's Nest”