moved from notes to moderators

A permanent archive dedicated to the memory of Jennifer Sloan. Read The Ravyn's story in poetry and prose. Post your own story or seek help in The Ravyn's Wings forum.

Moderators: thief of dreams, Moongem

Moongem
Paradoxical Poetess

Post by Moongem » Sat Feb 26, 2005 12:46 pm

:shock: Yeah, it's me. :roll:

I am so touched to still be considered an 'honorary moderator' to Jenn's forum. Even now, when I think of her, I tear up with that overwhelming, stinging type tear that hurts the soul. Her and her memory and her life are so dear to me, I hate that she is gone.

See? I'm crying...

I see Jenn, in clouds, never on earth. She was an angel, fallen into Humankind's brutal hands. Everything of hers I read, I would compare to my life. I couldn't believe the scope of difference in every aspect. It hurt to be okay when she wasn't, could never be.

Times that feeling by six billion, and the weight of the world is crushing.

I will see Jenn, again, I've felt it when the echoes of her words would whisper in my ears, late at night, when I would be weeping with trying to cope with the entire concept of life and death and reality. The next day, clouds ravens flew, or hid, or smiled. It all depended on her mood.

Love and hugs to all, to you, Heinz, a special hug for your thoughtful, kind nature, for always patting me on the back, picking me up or :cool: -ing me. :)

Erin

I'm so grateful I had her, and all of you, in my life.

thief of dreams
surrounded by shadows

Post by thief of dreams » Sat Feb 26, 2005 4:58 pm

it always does me good to see ya signed on from time to time erin.. lets me know your still out there... all though sometyimes i want to reach out and shake you like a raggedy anne doll and scream, "Say something!" hehe... but is ok... im just glad your still here.. better not leave us either.. hey! im watching you.. well ok so maybe not.. but im sorta kinda keeping an eye out.. hehe...
you can always do as i do and just know that in some way shape or form Jenn is still here.. not just her writings, but her.. shes here.. i almost feel like i can catch her sly little grin as she posts some silly bar wars story or something of that nature.. those nights when she is just too wound up to sleep and its all good energy... no more negative for Jenn, shes like those damned Red Bull commercials... alot of energy and wings, but no one place to disperse that energy to... i just like to think this way i guess.. i like to think that when it rains it is all the tears ever spilled being released from those who suffered so much but who know only happiness now...
but i hope they dont give all angels white wings.. cause i dont think she would care for the flashy white... ok im blabbering.. ima go back to visiting. just saw this and wanted to say hello to ya Erin and make sure your butt comes back to post more often... many can grieve, most can sympathize, but none shall forget...
"Thoughts are the shadows of our feelings - always darker, emptier and simpler."
Friedrich Nietzsche

heinzs
The Fat Cat
Tag line: Do no harm

Post by heinzs » Sat Feb 26, 2005 5:14 pm

((really big hugs))

Hi moonie! Love ya!! :hearts:

:cool: Pops
An' it harm none, do what ye will. Blessed Be.
My Poet's Page Archive | Topics I've started

Moongem
Paradoxical Poetess

Post by Moongem » Thu Mar 10, 2005 7:39 am

Hi moonie! Love ya!!
Heinzs, you and Jenn are the only ones who call me by that name, 'moonie'... It's like you're combined into one when you greet me that way, thank you.

I've edited and appended Jenn's tribute at AD.

http://www.authorsden.com/visit/viewpoe ... &id=107801

I've been thinking of her, alot, lately, it's the season, and the closeness of the anniversary of her death. I remember wanting to send white violets from my garden to her, last year, wanted to give her something pure and lovely, something to show her how I saw her. She *s*, said she didn't have the energy or will, that she was tired...

Normally, the white violets blooms are long gone, by now, but this year we had rain and cloud skies most of the winter. Terri, you may be right, my fine-feathered friend, Jenn's weeping her woes onto the earth, creating such beauty in my desert life, I find myself crying to see the desert poppies covering the mountain slopes, or the new-green of the leaves of miniature aspen leaves, down at the river.

Thinking of all of you, I remain, Moongem.

:cheers:

Erin

thief of dreams
surrounded by shadows

Post by thief of dreams » Thu Mar 10, 2005 10:25 am

hard to believe that in may it will have been one year... and Erin think not of the flowers as brought to life by her tears but rather i like to steal a quote from ee cummings... "The earth laughs in flowers."
"Thoughts are the shadows of our feelings - always darker, emptier and simpler."
Friedrich Nietzsche

Return to “The Ravyn's Nest”