Conversation with the Ravyn

A permanent archive dedicated to the memory of Jennifer Sloan. Read The Ravyn's story in poetry and prose. Post your own story or seek help in The Ravyn's Wings forum.

Moderators: thief of dreams, Moongem

heinzs
The Fat Cat
Tag line: Do no harm

Conversation with the Ravyn

Post by heinzs » Thu May 20, 2004 9:08 pm

April 10, 2004.
The last time she and I happened to be online together we entered the chatroom. It's a mundane chat, but the last one I'll ever have with her.

Early morning dialog:

Ravyn: hiya .. and have i said thank you lately?

Heinzs: Hehe... Just seeing you here more often and participating more is all the thanks I need, Jenn!

(you're very, very welcome!)

*hugs*

Ravyn: *s* my being here more often is sort of a necessity and , may be over sooner than we hope for ... although there is always hope .. non?

Heinzs: In my book there is always hope, Jenn! I have too often been the victim of despair to allow it to take foothold yet one more time.

The three stages of grief:

denial
anger
acceptance

I've been working on that last one for a very long time. It seems the only stage conducive to construction rather than destruction.

Cheers and many many *hugs*!!!

Ravyn: i guess that last stage is the hardest to reach huh?

Heinzs: Hehe... that's why it's the LAST stage *grin*.

Love ya, Jenn!

and now I'm going to bed (2:00 a.m.)

p.s. you have to go through the other two stages to get there, and despair and depression can keep you traveling in circles for a long time!

Ravyn: i guess for some reason i can't bring myself to acceptance ... i've gone through all the other stages but i can't quite accept the inevitable

Heinzs: It doesn't necessarily mean accepting the inevitable. That would be couterproductive to hope, and we're not giving any of that up! It's more of a state of mind in which whatever outcome is in the offing is seen as "alright".... it's hard to explain. It's like "que sera sera", but not as trite. There's more "depth" to the feeling. I'm reading quite a bit of it in your recent posts... contrary to your own opinion. I think it may be contributing to your heightened energy and stamina.

In any case, just so you always know you're not "alone"... even though some of us may be many miles distant.

But now I really need to find a soft pillow...

*grin*

Ravyn: k ... i will hope for a soft pillow myself ... goodnight dear one
An' it harm none, do what ye will. Blessed Be.
My Poet's Page Archive | Topics I've started

thief of dreams
surrounded by shadows

Post by thief of dreams » Thu May 20, 2004 9:15 pm

wonder if she has reached acceptance yet or if she is stomping her foot and wiggling a finger in Gods face... hehe...
not the last conversation i had with her but one that i will always cherish was when Wats, Ravyn and myself where in chat and running crazily through the poesie.com site rehashing old poems and cracking open some long forgotten relics... it was a blast, felt like a couple of friends, kids, who were just shotting the breeze and acting immortal... probably the last time i had 'fun' and felt some sort of freedom.. hard to explain why but it was...
"Thoughts are the shadows of our feelings - always darker, emptier and simpler."
Friedrich Nietzsche

bags123
Insufferable Crouton

Post by bags123 » Fri May 21, 2004 7:18 am

:cheers:
I prefer to keep an open mind,....but not so much that my brains fall out.- Carl Sagan
Your brain is like an umbrella. It only works when it's open- Someone Smart

Poet of the Month
March 2011

Blaze
Princess of the Stars

Post by Blaze » Sat Aug 07, 2004 6:17 pm

I find it utterly amazing that someone I had never personally talked to, or even took notice of besides the fact I saw her around here often... could make me cry. Her story truly brought me to tears... I don't cry often.

You all lift her as an angel... and it inspires me to hopefully be even somewhat like her. I would love to be someone that when my time comes, someone I didn't even know personally cried for me. I will forever strive to be that person... and I hope everyone else will too.

It just takes a little acceptance of others to make all the difference.
"Being smart is a good thing... it's the dumbasses that make you think twice about it."
-John Swick

Drew Rush
Seafoam Poet

Post by Drew Rush » Sat Sep 30, 2006 1:15 pm

I had a similar simple little conversation with her in the chatroom. come to think of it, it was the only time i talked with her one on one. I cant recall the whole conversation, but i remember clearly near the end when she was talking about how she had no hair that she said she looked like a shaved rat. I replied that she then must be the cutest shaved rat that I had ever seen. She said I made her laugh. Then she left because it was getting late.

I think that was only a few weeks before she died.

heinzs
The Fat Cat
Tag line: Do no harm

Post by heinzs » Sat Sep 30, 2006 4:10 pm

That is a great memory, Drew. Thanks for sharing it with us.

H.
An' it harm none, do what ye will. Blessed Be.
My Poet's Page Archive | Topics I've started

Return to “The Ravyn's Nest”