The Famous Final Scene: The Ravyn

A permanent archive dedicated to the memory of Jennifer Sloan. Read The Ravyn's story in poetry and prose. Post your own story or seek help in The Ravyn's Wings forum.

Moderators: thief of dreams, Moongem

heinzs
The Fat Cat
Tag line: Do no harm

The Famous Final Scene: The Ravyn

Post by heinzs » Wed May 19, 2004 11:17 pm

Written by Jennifer Sloan:

The Famous Final Scene

She turns and looks at you
Smiles sadly
'Yes, it's time I was on my way.
It has been fun while it lasted,
but it just couldn't last a lifetime.'
Now she turns away
Opens the door
And with a final farewell
Steps out into the darkness
And fades away to nothing

The Last Farewell

Well, here it is
the last farewell
I fade slowly into the twilight
of your memories
Yet, I live on somehow, somewhere
perhaps we shall again meet
in another time, another place
far from where we first became
friends and peers
lovers of the written word
joined together, now sundered
I will miss you all
Some I will never forget
yet life moves on
new paths to tread
new worlds to visit
new people to meet
new poems to write
somewhere, someday
Even I may write them
someday,
even I
may
An' it harm none, do what ye will. Blessed Be.
My Poet's Page Archive | Topics I've started

Tom Watson
Forever Silent Friend

Post by Tom Watson » Wed May 19, 2004 11:23 pm

Thank you for posting this Heinz. It is simply beautiful. There are no other words.

Tom
"Whispers of Love" a book of poetry expressing love of the heart and spirit is released worldwide on August 11, 2009. Visit my home page at
Books From Grace for more information or Amazon.com

thief of dreams
surrounded by shadows

Post by thief of dreams » Wed May 19, 2004 11:39 pm

thank you HeinzS...

Jenn, you cracker munching goober, you cant ever fade slowly into the twilight of our memories.. your damn halo is too bright. blinding actually.. hard to see anything else.. so no popping up on people while they are driving k? oh yea, and when you scribble away, try to keep them in some kind of file folder or something so when we see ya again someday we wont be burried under a pile of writtings.. and NUMBER THE PAGES TO ANY STORIES! sheesh... i can just imagine trying to plow through an avalanche of paper just to hug you someday... working out is not one of my first choices for what ima do in Heaven or where ever.. so find a way to file the stuff.. hehe.. ima miss you till that day Jenn, i just hope you dont let all our tears bother you cause in time they will give way to tears of joy and memories that light our thoughts with *s*'s...
and im still gonna write about you, so check in from time to time...
AND TELL GOD TO GET DSL OR SOMETHING, dont want to have to wait to long to hear from ya.. but i guess your gonna be busy catching up on all the books you didnt get a chance to read... but sheesh, thats alot of books... so take a break from time to time... and remember to kiss the girls every night, Lisa too... take care Jenn, i love you kid...
"Thoughts are the shadows of our feelings - always darker, emptier and simpler."
Friedrich Nietzsche

Moongem
Paradoxical Poetess

Post by Moongem » Thu May 20, 2004 12:39 am

You forgot to tell her to date them, Terry, that drove me crazy...

Of all the people I knew but never met, Jenn changed me the most. Her story raped my mind; my selfish, cowardly mind... She had strength without hope, radiated a presence of utter sad selfness that I will never forget. And I will tell my daughters she has passed, as I told them, somewhat, of her story and why we should always strive to be good people as we grow, because we can make a difference in a life, as those compassionate people who helped Jenn made a difference to her, and to us. I love you, Jenn. Until we meet, again...

IMSANE
Clearwater Poet

Post by IMSANE » Thu May 20, 2004 3:11 am

Wow I didn't know. Ravyn's poems reached out to me because I was one of the hippocrits she wrote about. I read her poems because we have ravens in Alaska. One of our gay bars is called the Raven. I went insane because of all the coincidences. I heard about Ravyn when chatting still don't know if she passed on or just quit the poetry pages. I want to read more of her stuff. From what i have read, she is innocent God kept her pure. She has good soil.
"Contradictions do not exist. Whenever you think that you are facing a contradiction, check your premises. You will find that one of them is wrong." Ayn Rand

"Sorrow has it's reward. It never leaves us where it found us......The cup our Father hath given, shall we not drink it and learn the lessons He teaches" Mary Baker Eddy

moonflower
enchanted by the magic

Post by moonflower » Thu May 20, 2004 7:51 am

thank you for posting this heinzs..its just beautiful..im so awed at her strength and her sense of hope..even til the very end..i will miss her .. :cry:
inside each soul there is music...let the music play..

visit my poets page

thief of dreams
surrounded by shadows

Post by thief of dreams » Thu May 20, 2004 8:55 am

oh yes date them... sheesh... nothing like reading a post by Jenn and getting all sad cause you think she is heading back into depression only to find that its an old scribble and she just felt like posting it... (i still think she posted only ones that she felt mirrored her feelings at the time of posting though)...

and IMSANE, you can read her scribbles and stories here http://www.angelfire.com/journal2/blueonblack/home.html

i just spent most of the night there, and found the poems posted by HeinzS above.. so she is off the hook.. hehe.. i had thought that she had some private conspiracy with pops to post them once she was gone... still the idea two post those two scribbles was fantastic pops... thank you for that again, a kind of closer i guess but not complete closure.. oh hell im not making sense.. but i know what i mean.. hehe...
and when you peole stumble into the chat room and find me talking to Jenn and no one else is logged on.. dont fret that ive lost my sanity, its just the only place that feels right to talk to her in... i dont know.. ill shut up...
"Thoughts are the shadows of our feelings - always darker, emptier and simpler."
Friedrich Nietzsche

bags123
Insufferable Crouton

Post by bags123 » Thu May 20, 2004 12:19 pm

Reading these make my heart ache. Life can be taken so indiscriminitly.
In a strange way,never having even spoken, I'll miss knowing your there Ravyn.
Last edited by bags123 on Thu May 20, 2004 12:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I prefer to keep an open mind,....but not so much that my brains fall out.- Carl Sagan
Your brain is like an umbrella. It only works when it's open- Someone Smart

Poet of the Month
March 2011

jeannerené
Winter's Rose

Post by jeannerené » Thu May 20, 2004 12:39 pm

My heart aches....beauty and courage graced these pages in a way we'll never forget.....

....I need to say something else here....not too long ago I sent Ravyn a PM and she responded....we had one short chat discussion....One discussion was not enough with this wonderfully kind and supportive young lady....but I am every so thankful that I had that one personnal chat . . .

Bless you Ravyn....Rest in His arms, His strength and His love ....you deserve it well...
... and his words purge up and outward,
expelled and onward through desert dust swallowed,
sands he says that gorge on simple sensibilities.
And, now he spits fragments, grit, extended vowels and elongated syllables
over cracked lips. Their sounds fall
piling round his boots…
~ jeannerené

~breathe~

flickr -jeannerene photostream

IMSANE
Clearwater Poet

Post by IMSANE » Thu May 20, 2004 10:01 pm

Thanks for the link...I feel connected in some way, I didn't know before I replied to her poems...I've always listened to song lyrics, but poetry and prose goes a lot deeper into the soul...I'm in awe...sorry for your community/family...
"Contradictions do not exist. Whenever you think that you are facing a contradiction, check your premises. You will find that one of them is wrong." Ayn Rand

"Sorrow has it's reward. It never leaves us where it found us......The cup our Father hath given, shall we not drink it and learn the lessons He teaches" Mary Baker Eddy

Moongem
Paradoxical Poetess

Post by Moongem » Sun May 23, 2004 12:08 am

Now you've got me crying, again, Jenn, like 'Black Bird...Fly' made you cry... It isn't fair.

The Last Farewell

Well, here it is
the last farewell
I fade slowly into the twilight
of your memories
Yet, I live on somehow, somewhere
perhaps we shall again meet
in another time, another place
far from where we first became
friends and peers
lovers of the written word
joined together, now sundered
I will miss you all
Some I will never forget
yet life moves on
new paths to tread
new worlds to visit
new people to meet
new poems to write
somewhere, someday
Even I may write them
someday,
even I
may

:cry:

thief of dreams
surrounded by shadows

Post by thief of dreams » Sun May 23, 2004 12:14 am

dont worry Erin she was wrong.. it isnt the LAST farewell.. its simply a time out... i find myself running outside at the first sign of sunrise now and searching the clouds... i can just see her up there somewhere laughing her ass off cause im like Timmy when he thinks he hears Lassie come home... running outside all smiling only to scratch my head in wonder when i dont see her.. hehe... ima wring her neck when i see her for doing that.. lol.. well ok so ill be wringing it in a hug but still...
:mrgreen:
Friedrich Nietzsche

Moongem
Paradoxical Poetess

Post by Moongem » Mon May 24, 2004 8:08 pm

Anybody see Jenn today ... ?

Do you remember how you could tell Jenn anything, and she wouldn't be shocked? She'd *s*, and you felt...silly. But she didn't rub it in.

thief of dreams
surrounded by shadows

Post by thief of dreams » Wed May 26, 2004 10:02 am

i see her everyday Erin.. in the birds song as they play and frolock in the misty rain, in the torrents of water that spill down the creek, in the dancing leaves that strain for sunlight from every branch of every tree and most of all, from behind closed eyes... ive never set eyes upon a picture of her grinning.. but i see it behind closed eyes, a big grin that she can hardly contain.. with laughter bubbling up and threatening to burst from her lungs.. hertoes tapping the ground unable to sit still... i see her Erin..
Friedrich Nietzsche

Moongem
Paradoxical Poetess

Post by Moongem » Sat May 29, 2004 4:48 pm

:cool: I do, too, Terry. :cheers: :cheers:

Return to “The Ravyn's Nest”