Number 2

A permanent archive dedicated to the memory of Jennifer Sloan. Read The Ravyn's story in poetry and prose. Post your own story or seek help in The Ravyn's Wings forum.

Moderators: thief of dreams, Moongem

The Ravyn
riding the cyclone
Tag line: We miss you Jen

Number 2

Post by The Ravyn » Sun Apr 25, 2004 7:22 am

Is it late or is it early?
I can't seem to see the clock
through these nicotine glazed eyes
I should just roll over and go back to sleep
but I have lost my lance
and it is hard to joust with
a number 2 eberhard faber
take my hand if you don't know where you're goin' ... i'll understand .... i've lost the way myself ...
j. kaye

whatever you do ... don't click here

buttterflies
Jasmine Queen

Post by buttterflies » Sun Apr 25, 2004 12:23 pm

i'm not sure if i should find the last bit funny...but it kinda made me laugh....? :oops: i'm sorry if i'm screwing up the mood of your poem entirely...but i thought it was great, even more so because of that last bit... :)
"To be one, to be united is a great thing. But to respect the right to be different is maybe even greater." -Bono (U2)

"You have no choice of subject matter. You write what's in your heart and on your mind unless of course it's crap in which case it means you've thought about it too much." -Bono

* :mrgreen: *

The Ravyn
riding the cyclone
Tag line: We miss you Jen

Post by The Ravyn » Sun Apr 25, 2004 2:26 pm

i suppose that last line is a bit funny if you don't know the reason behind it ... and not many really know that so ... *shrugs* ... interpret any way you like ... that's kinda what 'poetry' is all about isn't it?
take my hand if you don't know where you're goin' ... i'll understand .... i've lost the way myself ...
j. kaye

whatever you do ... don't click here

Return to “The Ravyn's Nest”