Laugh (A Clarity Pyramid)

Forum dedicated to form in poetry, classical and new, and a discussion of poetic forms and poets.
Forum rules
Forum dedicated to form in poetry, classical and new, and a discussion of poetic forms and poets.
This forum does not autoprune.
Shane
Seafoam Poet

Laugh (A Clarity Pyramid)

Post by Shane » Tue Nov 08, 2005 11:29 pm

<center>LAUGH
chortle
giggling

hilarity and
merriment coming from
the honest part of your soul

"let a smile be your umbrella"</center>

Shane :cool:
Last edited by Shane on Fri Nov 11, 2005 4:20 am, edited 1 time in total.

Shane
Seafoam Poet

Post by Shane » Wed Nov 09, 2005 10:50 pm

:bump:

negatvone
Deranged Marshmallow; Leader of The Twin

Post by negatvone » Thu Nov 10, 2005 12:28 pm

Perfect form. You even kept it inside the peramiters.

I'll post a definetion for those that don't know what a Clarity Pyraqmid is. Defenetion:
Clarity Pyramid--A Clarity Pyramid is a poem consisting of two triplets and a single line (7 lines in all). Usually, this poem is center aligned when displayed. The first triplet has 1, 2, and 3 syllables. The title of the poem is the one-syllable word of the first triplet, which is displayed in all capital letters. This line is followed by a two-syllable line, and then a three-syllable line both of which clarify the definition of the poem, or are synonyms for the title.

The second triplet has 5, 6, and 7 syllables. It's design is based around a life event contained within the triplet which helps give a poetic view or outlook on the first line (title).

The last line is 8 syllables, and is in quotations as this line contains a quote that defines the first word (title).
Last edited by negatvone on Sat Nov 12, 2005 7:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Entering the sanctuary of my mind may lead to perils of unknown magnitude.......... hold on and embrace the ride. Feel the tolls as we pass from existance into my sought domain of twisted reality. -negatv: 5/05-

If I changed anything I have done in my life I wouldn't be me. Personally, I kinda like me. I'm an asshole, but I'm my kind of asshole.

Friends are what help me guide myself through life. I just have to find the right direction first. -negatv- 10/06

negatvone

Post by negatvone » Thu Nov 10, 2005 12:58 pm

Did you ever look at that web site I gave you, Shane? I thought you might dig it since you love poetry forms.

Shane
Seafoam Poet

Post by Shane » Thu Nov 10, 2005 1:15 pm

Thanks for your comments Neg :grin:

It's a good site, that one, ..... thanks for that :thumbsup:

I actually have 95 different styles on my home poetry files and I've been well "versed" in form poetry :lol:

Wanna see a list? :wink:

Form doesn't seem to be as popular here compared to other sites I've visited.

I've actually written 8 Clarity Pyramids so far over the years... some better than others.

They are my favourite style (and Sestinas & Swap Quatrains)

Last edited by Shane on Thu Nov 10, 2005 1:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.

negatvone

Post by negatvone » Thu Nov 10, 2005 1:22 pm

Now we're talking. I love Sestinas as well. The pride of completion is a really good feeling.

BTW, if you want me to split the conversation off this piece, let me know. I'd hate to take away from the piece. I could move it to Open Discussion or something. However, if you don't mind we'll keep it here. It's up to you because the piece belongs to you.

Jim

Shane
Seafoam Poet

Post by Shane » Thu Nov 10, 2005 7:30 pm

negatvone wrote:Now we're talking. I love Sestinas as well. The pride of completion is a really good feeling.

BTW, if you want me to split the conversation off this piece, let me know. I'd hate to take away from the piece. I could move it to Open Discussion or something. However, if you don't mind we'll keep it here. It's up to you because the piece belongs to you.

Jim

Exactly my thoughts!.... the pride of completion, probably because they're soooo big :mrgreen: I was particularly proud of my last one I've posted here a few months ago

This chat is ok cause it's relevant :thumbsup:

negatvone

Post by negatvone » Thu Nov 10, 2005 7:46 pm

I still love the way this piece explodes on me even when brought in dire straights. It is a meaningfull piece, Shane.

I'm glad the conversation is seen as relevant and fulfilling. You ever change your mind; let me know.
Entering the sanctuary of my mind may lead to perils of unknown magnitude.......... hold on and embrace the ride. Feel the tolls as we pass from existance into my sought domain of twisted reality. -negatv: 5/05-

If I changed anything I have done in my life I wouldn't be me. Personally, I kinda like me. I'm an asshole, but I'm my kind of asshole.

Friends are what help me guide myself through life. I just have to find the right direction first. -negatv- 10/06

Shane
Seafoam Poet

Post by Shane » Thu Nov 10, 2005 11:25 pm

negatvone wrote:I still love the way this piece explodes on me even when brought in dire straights. It is a meaningfull piece, Shane.

I'm glad the conversation is seen as relevant and fulfilling. You ever change your mind; let me know.

Thanks Nega :mrgreen:

Return to “Form in Poetry, Classical and New”