Prayer

Forum to feature the younger poets. There is some amazing talent here!

Odd D
Seafoam Poet

Prayer

Post by Odd D » Sun Jul 26, 2009 2:12 am

Prayer
By Davin Casey

Submerged below, you blend so well
With deep blue seas, and reds of hell.
Remarkable, isn't she,
The Sapphire Queen?
Truth be told, only time will tell.

The image of your beauty
Far surpasses the late monarchy.

I've sacrificed my very soul
To feed her starving, vacant hole.
My blood and sweat are hers to sell,
As long as she keeps up this spell.
Don't even care that I'm so cold.

Lest the sermons should cease,
I will be your priest.

You need a slave, I need a mistress.
We both have yearnings of the flesh.
Now let's make love,
You from above.
The peasants won't know of this mess.

Lest the followers riot,
I will be your quiet.

The fear, it echoes through the doors
Of spirits shattered by discord.
Before you forsook this land,
I had your hand,
But Heaven's fight needed you more.

Lest the stars should implode,
You must leave me all alone.

Offered up, I'm lost in my prayer
To the one whom I breathe like the air.
"When I disappear from this life,
Let me be again by your side.
I'll do anything to get there."

Lest withdrawals should swallow me,
I take comfort in your memory.

Don't forget my surrender to you,
My careless, lost goddess.

Author's note: This one... well, it's one of many recent attempts to get back into poetry. I hope that the story kinda shows through the confused wording, at least enough for you to get a handle of your own interpretation.
"No one ultimately knows what they're saying anyway. Are we really making art? Art doesn't belong to us. It doesn't belong to people, it belongs to the universe. It comes FROM the universe. It comes THROUGH us. When I write something, I think I know what I'm saying, but I never pretend to know the full meaning of the words."
- Serj Tankian

moonflower
enchanted by the magic

Re: Prayer

Post by moonflower » Thu Aug 06, 2009 7:40 am

a captivating piece!..had me completely glued from beginning to end!..not sure about the interpretation of what "it" is, but the yearning and the desire to obtain, or regain "it", comes through strongly..enjoyed!! :thumbsup:
inside each soul there is music...let the music play..

visit my poets page

Odd D
Seafoam Poet

Post by Odd D » Sun Aug 09, 2009 2:20 am

moonflower wrote:a captivating piece!..had me completely glued from beginning to end!..not sure about the interpretation of what "it" is, but the yearning and the desire to obtain, or regain "it", comes through strongly..enjoyed!! :thumbsup:
Thank you so much, Moonflower! Your comment means a whole lot to me, honestly. Especially that you type so enthusiastically when you compliment it. :cool:

It is indeed a poem about desire. Ha ha, I don't think I made it too terribly hard to interpret, but yeah...

Again, thank you very much! :thumbsup:
"No one ultimately knows what they're saying anyway. Are we really making art? Art doesn't belong to us. It doesn't belong to people, it belongs to the universe. It comes FROM the universe. It comes THROUGH us. When I write something, I think I know what I'm saying, but I never pretend to know the full meaning of the words."
- Serj Tankian

xmartinx=]
Clearwater Poet

Post by xmartinx=] » Mon Jun 14, 2010 1:54 am

structure of the poem really reflects the title as the italics remind me of the background prayer people(sorry dont know what there called) that repeat lines or phrases, for example when everyone says amen to a prayer. very spiritual and very lustful, love it
thanks for reading!!! =] " ill never strafe, ill never wonder, all absence does is make the heart grow fonder "

Odd D
Seafoam Poet

Post by Odd D » Fri Jul 09, 2010 4:05 pm

xmartinx=] wrote:structure of the poem really reflects the title as the italics remind me of the background prayer people(sorry dont know what there called) that repeat lines or phrases, for example when everyone says amen to a prayer. very spiritual and very lustful, love it
That is really an image that I had in my own mind as I was writing this piece. It was a sort of echo of a prayer, born of desperation, to an enigma of a god.
Thanks for noticing. :thumbsup:
Also: :bump: Ha ha
- Serj Tankian

xmartinx=]
Clearwater Poet

Post by xmartinx=] » Sun Aug 01, 2010 2:28 pm

lol at the bump, u not a camel, i reread this and what i love happens. i get a different reading, i think now its more like he has wanted his whole lofe just to serve this women who he sees as a godess and now like anyman wnats more than just servant and mistress. great great poem
thanks for reading!!! =] " ill never strafe, ill never wonder, all absence does is make the heart grow fonder "

Return to “Teen Spirit”