Yeshua Ben Joesph part 14

Come on in to give and receive critique, suggestions or help with work in progress or finished pieces. Any format welcome.

Moderator: bags123

bags123
Insufferable Crouton

Yeshua Ben Joesph part 14

Post by bags123 » Fri Dec 03, 2010 10:45 am

Yeshua stared at this pompous fool,...in his gleaming breastplant, atop a magnificint black horse, as they pranced in front of him awaiting his response. He wondered how it was possible that such an ungodly race of men could be permitted to hold Israel in bondage for so long.Maybe the Zealots were correct. Perhaps the Lord would only assist those who helped themselves. Yes, certainly there were those among his own people who profited by their collaboration with these idolaters. Sadly,.willing to subject their own people to unimaginable misery in order to live their privelaged lives, and maintain the status quo. Apparently Yeshua contemplated these things abit too long for the Roman's taste. The next thing Yeshua felt was a lash across the right side of his face. "Did you hear me Hebrew! Are you listening to my orders?" Then,...just as Yeshua was about to respond,...a whooshing sound passed directly over his head, and he watched the foolish man on the beautiful horse, topple onto the dusty road. Dead. From out of the underbrush that thickly lined one side of the road emerged ten to twelve heavily armed men. They walked right past Yeshua, and over to the body of the dead Roman. Each in turn spat on the remains before one of them,...a tall man for one of his people,...apparently their leader, cut off the head of the Roman and put it in a cloth sack. Yeshua wretched at the horror of the spectacle. As he was recovering the man who had swung the ax came over an introduced himself as Jonathan of Galilee. "And this", he said with a wave of one arm indicating his brethern behind him,..." Is the beginnings of the Righteous Army of the Lord". "We're rather small now,...but in time we will be strong enough to rid Israel of the enemies that currently hold her in captivity. So it is written,...so it will be.
I prefer to keep an open mind,....but not so much that my brains fall out.- Carl Sagan
Your brain is like an umbrella. It only works when it's open- Someone Smart

Poet of the Month
March 2011

heinzs
The Fat Cat
Tag line: Do no harm

Re: Yeshua Ben Joesph part 14

Post by heinzs » Fri Dec 03, 2010 3:57 pm

:cool:
An' it harm none, do what ye will. Blessed Be.
My Poet's Page Archive | Topics I've started

Bruno
MAXIMUS LUDICROUS

Post by Bruno » Sat Dec 04, 2010 7:02 pm

An interesting post. Don't recall having seen one like it. But you know in advance that if one says "So it is written,...so it will be" that it will definitely be the opposite of what is written. Yul Brynner the 2nd - known as The Great - discovered it the hard way. This is the reason I always say the opposite of what I wish for and strangely enough I usually get that part right. :crying:

debab*
On Probation

Post by debab* » Mon Dec 06, 2010 3:54 pm

Lordy Bags ... Almost a 6 year (really??) wait. Glad to see you didn't give this up - I think it's a worthy project and interesting enough that I had to come back and say so! :cool:

heinzs
The Fat Cat
Tag line: Do no harm

Post by heinzs » Mon Dec 06, 2010 6:06 pm

Good to "see" you, Deb!

Your old account is still active. I can reset the password for you if you've forgotten it.

:hello: :thumbsup:
An' it harm none, do what ye will. Blessed Be.
My Poet's Page Archive | Topics I've started

debab*
On Probation

Post by debab* » Wed Dec 08, 2010 11:19 am

Hi Heinz

Thank you ! I would like to have my old account back - I can't access the old AOL email account {it's there but I'm going in circles trying to access it !} which is the email address on my old PP record. If you would change it to my new email address and email me a new password for the old account that would be great. Gracias Heinz. It's 10 below here and putting up the outside wreaths and lights is a definite challenge! I know that in balmy,warm California you are so wishing for the snow and crispy cold Chicago weather experience! :lol: It does make a cup of hot chocolate taste much better. Yeah, how about those coffee, salt, caramel hot drinks at Starbucks. Just not the same experience in 70 degree weather! ~~~~ Heinz - Thank you again ....

bags123
Insufferable Crouton

Post by bags123 » Wed Dec 08, 2010 4:04 pm

Hi deb,
Long time. Good to hear from you. I hope all is well with you. I'm in chicago onight at the ohare hiltonawaiting my flight home tomorrow morrning. Hope to see more of you on the site in the nearfuture. I'm still getting used to this tiny keyboard on my phone. Sorry for any spelling mistakes
merry christmas to you and yours.
Gerry
I prefer to keep an open mind,....but not so much that my brains fall out.- Carl Sagan
Your brain is like an umbrella. It only works when it's open- Someone Smart

Poet of the Month
March 2011

debab
baffling at the hint

Post by debab » Thu Dec 09, 2010 4:55 pm

Happy Holidays to you as well!
>><<:::>><<:::>><<:::>><<:::>><<:::>><<:::>><<:::>><<:::>><<:::>><<

...Yet the stones remain less real to those who cannot
name them, or read the mute syllables graven in silica.
To see a red stone is less than seeing it as jasper—
metamorphic quartz, cousin to the flint the Kiowa
carved as arrowheads.
To name is to know and remember
_____________'Words', Dana Gioia

~*~

John DeBona
Clearwater Poet

Post by John DeBona » Tue May 24, 2011 2:52 pm

Enjoy reading these! It made me go through the Gnostic Gospels, looking for more.
:cheers:
But when that which is perfect is come, then that which is in part shall be no more.
1 Corinthians

Return to “Workshop/Critiques Wanted”