The Let Down

Come on in to give and receive critique, suggestions or help with work in progress or finished pieces. Any format welcome.

Moderator: bags123

Jadynara
Melpomenes Heiress

The Let Down

Post by Jadynara » Sat Jul 31, 2010 8:58 am

Sleepily waiting for
What will not come
I battle the sand man
In hopes that
My quiet expectation
Will be fullfilled

Falling into dreams
Still harboring hope
I find myself exploring
A world of beaches and beauty
Chasing the foot prints
Of my expectation.

Waking to the moonlight
My expectation unfullfilled
I find myself let down
By empty proclamations
And lose all hope for
My simple expectations.

:critique:
So we're lost, at least we've found each other. Take my hand, if we can't find our way out of the dark, we can make our own light. - Nicole M. Goretzke 2011

thief of dreams
surrounded by shadows

Re: The Let Down

Post by thief of dreams » Sun Aug 01, 2010 8:12 am

Remember that no matter what things may seem upon looking out at them, there is more to it and a infinite number of things at work. Just because the tide seems to be heading out does not take away from the fact that just under the surface is a current hard at work and other things working to bring the ocean into a harmony of full circle...
"Thoughts are the shadows of our feelings - always darker, emptier and simpler."
Friedrich Nietzsche

Jadynara
Melpomenes Heiress

Re: The Let Down

Post by Jadynara » Sun Aug 01, 2010 11:18 am

Oh so true. I know there are always outside and unknown forces pulling at others people's lives. I base my expectations on what I'm told. It's dissapointing to have people not follow through. This is not directed at any particular person - just a general dissapointment in those who commit themselves to something only to squander the very trust thats been placed in their word. :shrug:

Such is life and I harbor no ill will towards these people who have let me down. Just a general understanding that perhaps their word is not to be trusted at first glance. There are few expectations I have in this world... keeping promises is probably the biggest. To be let down by family (what prompted this piece) is quite possibly a bigger dagger to my heart than anyone else could deliver whether wittingly or unwittingly. It's a plea to those who make promises or commitments to abide by them, or at least respect me enough to let me know they aren't going to be able to and perhaps provide a valid reason or at the least an apology if one is waranted. :soapbox:

Thank you for your input. As always it is a welcome and appreciated perspective.

Jady :computer:
So we're lost, at least we've found each other. Take my hand, if we can't find our way out of the dark, we can make our own light. - Nicole M. Goretzke 2011

Return to “Workshop/Critiques Wanted”