Yeshua Ben Joesph 13

Come on in to give and receive critique, suggestions or help with work in progress or finished pieces. Any format welcome.

Moderator: bags123

bags123
Insufferable Crouton

Yeshua Ben Joesph 13

Post by bags123 » Tue May 11, 2004 1:17 pm

Yeshua Ben Joesph 13

In generations to come,...no mention will be made, of Yeshua's conversation and calling by the Lord.
Yeshua was instructed to keep all such communications between himself and the Elohim secret.
He would occasionally intimate to his trusted disciples the nature of these talks with God, but
always, it was his sheer charisma, and devotion that drew crowds to hear him.

Yeshua spent nearly 3 months with the Qumran community,and in that time he learned many of their
healing arts. The practiciners called him a gifted student, and were saddened when it proved time
for him to move on. The Lord instructed Yeshua to travel to Capernum, making a short visit to the
town of Magdala, on the way. There he'd find a virgin, who'd become his closest apostle, and his wife.

For no man,...regardless how pure,...could deliver the words of God to the people, unless he lived
the cammandments throughly. Marriage,... the combining of equal opposites, man and woman,
was a requirement not only for prophets, but of all men who obeyed Gods' plan. "Replenish the
earth, continue what I have begun", was no idle request.

Yeshua walked alone on the path northward, wondering who this women might be, what she looked like,
and realizing the burden that would be put on her shoulders should she agree to his proposal.
As he entered Magdala, a mounted Roman officer rode by, and stopped his horse across the road.
"You there,....my horse is weary from carrying so much parcel. I'm requisitioning you Hebrew to carry some of it to my home"!

"Be quick about it too,... you wretch, or I'll have you flogged when you arrive"!

to be continued:
I prefer to keep an open mind,....but not so much that my brains fall out.- Carl Sagan
Your brain is like an umbrella. It only works when it's open- Someone Smart

Poet of the Month
March 2011

the quiet poet
Em Hotep

Post by the quiet poet » Tue May 11, 2004 9:23 pm

Marriage,... the combining of equal opposites, man and woman,
was a requirement not only for prophets, but of all men who obeyed Gods' plan.
Very interesting. By the way, I am in love with this series. I hope to see more soon.

bags123
Insufferable Crouton

Post by bags123 » Wed May 12, 2004 4:56 am

Thanks Quiet.

I don't mean this statement to be taken in the same light as many of our more fundamentalist brothers and sisters do today. I'm trying to write from the point of view of the 1st century Hebrew culture Yeshua was a part of. I believe that Homo-Sexuality is a trait that a person is born with,
and if that is true, it must be something God ordained for those particular people. I see it as a condition which God gave that person, much like other people are born with either disabilities, or fantastic abilities, or talents. Each of us can only work within the framework God has given us
individually. God loves diversity of all types, and in creating certain people to be homosexual, he has also provided a way for them to attain
the Union of opposites to which I refer.
I prefer to keep an open mind,....but not so much that my brains fall out.- Carl Sagan

Poet of the Month
March 2011

thief of dreams
surrounded by shadows

Post by thief of dreams » Fri May 14, 2004 12:05 am

didnt God call down and say that Elohim would be stripped of its society with rape, murder and thievery? didnt he say that his wrath would fall upon that place? or am i thinking of something else?
"Thoughts are the shadows of our feelings - always darker, emptier and simpler."
Friedrich Nietzsche

bags123
Insufferable Crouton

Post by bags123 » Fri May 14, 2004 6:44 am

I think you're referring to Sodom and Gomorrah. Elohim is a pluralized noun in Hebrew designating Heavenly beings. Sometimes mistakenly
mistranslated as the name of God. Both Yahweh, and Elohim represent
two different sources for the translation of what we have in the old testament. Many people believe that the tribes of Judah and Benjamin were more closely associated with the Yahweh sources, while the 10 tribes to the north which later became Israel preferred the Elohim traditions. :cheers:

Poet of the Month
March 2011

thief of dreams
surrounded by shadows

Post by thief of dreams » Fri May 14, 2004 6:47 am

hmm.. no it wasnt S & G... it had an E and like a IM to it.. lol.. ok im not helpful at all but ok cool...
:cheers:
"Thoughts are the shadows of our feelings - always darker, emptier and simpler."
Friedrich Nietzsche

bags123
Insufferable Crouton

Post by bags123 » Fri May 14, 2004 6:49 am

Maybe it was New York? :mrgreen:

Poet of the Month
March 2011

Tom Watson
Forever Silent Friend

Post by Tom Watson » Fri May 14, 2004 9:35 pm

I got this from Encyclopedia Brittanica online:

singular Eloah (Hebrew: God), the God of Israel in the Old Testament. A plural of majesty, the term Elohim—though sometimes used for other deities, such as the Moabite god Chemosh, the Sidonian goddess Astarte, and also for other majestic beings such as angels, kings, judges (the Old Testament shofetim), and the Messiah—is usually employed in the Old Testament for the one and only God of Israel

Funny though,, I cannot find the word Eloah or Elohim anywhere in biblegateway.com

Tom
"Whispers of Love" a book of poetry expressing love of the heart and spirit is released worldwide on August 11, 2009. Visit my home page at
Books From Grace for more information or Amazon.com

bags123
Insufferable Crouton

Post by bags123 » Fri May 14, 2004 9:39 pm

:cheers:

Poet of the Month
March 2011

debab
baffling at the hint

Post by debab » Mon May 17, 2004 4:10 pm

this series of yours continues to educate me, and not in a dry or boring way.... keeps me chomping at the bit for more. :book: :cool:
>><<:::>><<:::>><<:::>><<:::>><<:::>><<:::>><<:::>><<:::>><<:::>><<

...Yet the stones remain less real to those who cannot
name them, or read the mute syllables graven in silica.
To see a red stone is less than seeing it as jasper—
metamorphic quartz, cousin to the flint the Kiowa
carved as arrowheads.
To name is to know and remember
_____________'Words', Dana Gioia

~*~

bags123
Insufferable Crouton

Post by bags123 » Mon May 17, 2004 5:44 pm

:cool: Thanks Debab.

Poet of the Month
March 2011

burdick
Seafoam Poet

Post by burdick » Mon Nov 01, 2004 4:04 am

in the old days , 13 was a magical number....
"Elohim" if I remember correctly, is the name of God in the source documents organized by the "priests".
by the way, most people don't know that "Allah"...really is "al" (The) "lah" (God).
.....do you stray from the gnosic path, Bags? :book:

bags123
Insufferable Crouton

Post by bags123 » Mon Nov 01, 2004 4:58 am

Burdick,
I've been unsure what path I've been on for some time now. I'll meet you at the next crossroads. :mrgreen:

Poet of the Month
March 2011

burdick
Seafoam Poet

Post by burdick » Mon Nov 01, 2004 8:45 am

god speed, and may you go smiling.

bags123
Insufferable Crouton

Post by bags123 » Tue Nov 02, 2004 6:01 am

:mrgreen:

Poet of the Month
March 2011

Return to “Workshop/Critiques Wanted”