Swwet Pea

This forum is for poems that are in tribute to an event, tragedy, person, etc. Subforums are memorials to PoetryPages members who have crossed the rainbow bridge.

Moderator: moonflower

Forum rules
This forum is for poems that are in tribute to an event, tragedy, person, etc.
This forum does not autoprune.
Mrs. Tyler Dewayne

Swwet Pea

Post by Mrs. Tyler Dewayne » Tue Mar 25, 2008 10:54 am

I am so happy, I’m having a little girl.
Soon enough I’ll meet the angel who’s
Already my whole world.
I’m glad that I’m having a baby, a child to
Love. You’re my little miracle, an angel
From above.
Thank you fro bringing me all this happiness
And joy. I can’t wait to watch you grow and
Play with all you’re toys.
I want you to know how happy you’ve made me.
I love you already, my sweet pea.

Odd D
Seafoam Poet

Re: Swwet Pea

Post by Odd D » Wed Mar 26, 2008 5:52 pm

This poem is cool in so many ways to me.
For one, of course, it is great that there are still those in the world who celebrate such things as new life (despite the world's obvious problems with overpopulation.) That you, in your young age, should be willing to carry it into this world -horrid as it sometimes is- is an even greater expression of your feeling towards the subject.
My mother wrote similar poetry when I was just born and had it published in a local newspaper, though I am not sure whether it still exists anywhere. She is pretty great, and you, I am sure, will likewise be.
Good luck, and cheers!
"No one ultimately knows what they're saying anyway. Are we really making art? Art doesn't belong to us. It doesn't belong to people, it belongs to the universe. It comes FROM the universe. It comes THROUGH us. When I write something, I think I know what I'm saying, but I never pretend to know the full meaning of the words."
- Serj Tankian

moonflower
enchanted by the magic

Post by moonflower » Wed Apr 02, 2008 6:50 am

how precious is the love of a mother for her unborn child!..i've always believed that that the unborn little one can actually feel the love of it's mother while inside the womb..this is a very beautiful tribute..i hope you save it for her to read someday..it's simply wonderful!! :thumbsup: :grin:
inside each soul there is music...let the music play..

visit my poets page

Mrs. Tyler Dewayne

Post by Mrs. Tyler Dewayne » Wed Apr 02, 2008 12:24 pm

i have a hope chest for each of my daughters and i write them a journal entry every day since i got their sonograms. I wrote the poems in it that i wrote about them and i will continue to write them journals until they are 13 years old and then i plan to give them the hope chests with the journals on their 13th birhtdays so that they can know everything about their lives and mine from the time that they were babies. I hope they like reading it as much as i've loved writing it.

Return to “In Tribute”