Items of the Soul

Forum in memory of our dear friend, Tom. He will be sorely missed.

Moderators: thief of dreams, gordy

Tom Watson
Forever Silent Friend

Post by Tom Watson » Sun May 14, 2006 7:04 am

Today is Mother's Day, and so, from Oral Roberts ministries:

Sunday , May 14th, 2006 Daily Guide to Miracles from Oral Roberts Ministries

A Mother's Prayer Cover
Oral Roberts
MOTHER'S DAY

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

As a teenager, I told my parents I was leaving home and going out on my own. Some young men might be ready to leave home at that age, but I was leaving with the spirit and attitude of a runaway. By leaving, I was declaring my intention to run my life according to my own desires instead of God's or my parents'.

Mama put her arms around me and kissed me. She wet my face with her tears. She said, "Oral, I'm putting a covering of prayer over you. Every night I'll be praying. You'll never get away from my prayers."

For five months Mama walked the floor of our little house and called out my name to the Lord. "God, bring him home at any cost," she prayed. The night I collapsed during a basketball tournament and fell unconscious, hemorrhaging from the mouth, my coach brought me home and laid me on my parents' bed. She looked at me and said, "Oral, I didn't know the price would be so great."

Even when the doctors told Mama that I had tuberculosis...even as I wasted away, coughing and bleeding. . . she kept a prayer cover over my life. She literally refused to quit praying. She prayed over me every day until I was saved...and then until I was healed...and then until I had fully recovered...and until I began to preach...and for my life and ministry until the day she died!

Mama believed in the power of prayer as much as the psalmist who wrote, I call on you, O God, for you will answer me; give ear to me and hear my prayer (Psalm 17:6 NIV). Are you holding on in prayer for a loved one? Keep raising that prayer cover every day-miracles come through holding-on prayers!
"Whispers of Love" a book of poetry expressing love of the heart and spirit is released worldwide on August 11, 2009. Visit my home page at
Books From Grace for more information or Amazon.com

Debbie
God's Poetess

Tom Watson..

Post by Debbie » Sun May 14, 2006 10:27 am

Thanks for sharing Tom.....today I got an e card from one of my daughters thanking me for always praying for her....
I of course said thank you to her...but told her I will never stop praying for her...even when things are going good...for I have learned long ago even when things are good..it is time to pray even more....for thats when the enemy is really upset.....

thanks Tom....beautiful message here :thumbsup:

Reach Out And Love Someone
Slow Down And Look around
You Will Find Someone Who Needs You.....

Tom Watson
Forever Silent Friend

Post by Tom Watson » Mon Aug 21, 2006 12:42 pm

Well I am sort of stepping away from the trend of this topic, quoting known authors, evangelists, ministers, etc., and posting my first blog I had posted in Authorsden. It is just on something that seems to concern many who fall back from accepting Jesus, and is my opinion only..

Are you in the body or of the body?
The mutation of the body of Christ...

I really have no idea of why I am at my keyboard typing this. Nor do I know what I am going to type in the coming moment. I just wanted to say, I suppose, "hello", to all of you who are "blogphiles" (heheheh...a real word...? )
There is a question on my mind and, since I am alone here with my dog, who seldom answers my questions, I thought I would raise it here.
How could I really describe the "body of Christ", "His bride", the church. A faith based description would be that it is the entirety of those who have accepted Jesus as their Savior and as being the Son of God, who are tasked to act in this physical realm as He would if He were still physically present. Can I truly say I am of the body when I claim allegiance to an agency that separates itself from the other body parts simply for the sake of self identity?
How can a body function when each part of that body creates a "self" image and wishes to act independently of the remaining parts?
It just seems that we are dismembering ourselves once we go beyond being Christians to being Baptists, Catholics, Protestants, Presbyterians, Adventists, etc, etc.
I know, I know...there are those who may read this and instantly have their eyes glaze over as they reach for the mouse button...but even so, perhaps the reason some turn away from Christ is because they only see the dismembered body in action/inaction...is it the presence of the forest that replenishes the oxygen or is it the single tree that makes a difference in the world?
Christianity is a forest of love and goodness that gives light in the darkest places, yet we have trees/churches that seek to grow taller than others to gain more of God's light than their neighbor...weakening the Body in the process with their cancerous pride.
Well, as you probably have noticed already, blogs are not what I do. I just had a question Tippie, my dog, could not answer...I would say that I am a Christian who attends a baptist church because that is where I turned my life over to Jesus. My belief is faith based, sustained by the Word of God. That is why, when I am asked "What religion are you?" I answer "Christian" and when asked what church I belong to, my answer remains "Christian".

Tom
"Whispers of Love" a book of poetry expressing love of the heart and spirit is released worldwide on August 11, 2009. Visit my home page at

Debbie
God's Poetess

Tom

Post by Debbie » Tue Aug 22, 2006 9:00 pm

That is why, when I am asked "What religion are you?" I answer "Christian" and when asked what church I belong to, my answer remains "Christian".
This is the same answer I give to those who ask also. For those who love Jesus Christ and have accepted Him as their Savior...they become spiritually the body of Christ....and we are all important members as the bible states....we can't all be the head nor the feet nor the hands so we must all work together...each one of us have gifts to share and we must use them to edify the body and function together. If the toe hurts the rest of the body feels it and so on.
I believe in heaven there are no walls or barriers dividing different religions....we are all His children His bride..those whom He went to the cross for..and whom He dearly loves.
Don't know if I made sense dear brother but I wrote it anyhow..

love your sister and friend...Debbie...

:hello:

Gertrude
Clearwater Poet

Post by Gertrude » Fri Jun 29, 2007 4:13 pm

Please, please, forgive me for my vanity all you woman.....I love you all..."..it's the new mother nature taking over, the new splendid lady come to call..."..."God never did give nothin to the woman that all of the others didn't, didn't already have..."
Gertrude the Groupie loves the groups that are provided at the counseling center

Gertrude the Groupie wants to be the Queen of the Silver Dollar

Gertrude the Groupie wants to go to the Freakers Ball

nrip4life
prophet poet

Re: Items of the Soul

Post by nrip4life » Wed Feb 27, 2008 1:10 am

Tom and Deb i just wanted to say you awesome :bow:
Old too soon, smart too late....-anonymous

Tom Watson
Forever Silent Friend

Post by Tom Watson » Sat Mar 15, 2008 9:27 am

What a joy it is to receive a gift at Christmas time...We received such a gift over 2000 years ago...the gift was a babe, born in a manger, in the little town of Bethlehem.

And what fun and happiness it is to open the received gift...When our Lord Jesus Christ was crucified, and pierced so that His blood and water spilled upon the land, our gift was opened and we had for our taking salvation and hope for a reserved place in heaven when the gift given us by God is opened upon our leaving this fallen world.

Easter, in this world is both a time of sadness and joy. Sadness that men could be so blind that they could only see the things of impermanence as important and sacrifice all that is good too keep them...Joy to know that from His torturous death, we are given new life, a fresh chance to be cleaned of all that God rejects. His blood washes away our filth, our sins, allowing us to wear the white robes of heaven without leaving a stain upon them...

brakeonthroo

Post by brakeonthroo » Mon May 05, 2008 11:18 am

That was very beautiful, I am bookmarking this.

Debbie
God's Poetess

Post by Debbie » Wed May 07, 2008 10:12 am

His blood washes away our filth, our sins, allowing us to wear the white robes of heaven without leaving a stain upon them...
Tom it has been awhile since I've been in here and I was happy this got pushed up all of a sudden....Your words are true and I am so grateful to know the Lord Jesus Christ as my Saviour..I don't know what I would have done during this time in my life with the suffering and sorrow I am feeling right now..it is God who has been bringing me through and easing my sorrow...thank you as always for sharing what God puts on your heart..

I also noticed nrip giving us a thankyou....I thank you also nrip...and pray all is well with you dear friend... :hugs:

Heightened sense

Post by Heightened sense » Sat Dec 13, 2008 11:48 pm

Awsome Buddy :thumbsup:

Tom Watson
Forever Silent Friend

Post by Tom Watson » Sat Jul 11, 2009 3:29 pm

I have not posted on this in quite a long time, yet, after screening through the many posts on this forum, I have found need to include as a reference source this link to a series of writings by Sojourner, which attest to God's thoughts on Hope, Faith and Love. These writing are worthy of a long standing existence at the top of the Spiritual Forum.
Please enjoy the word as brought by Sojourner:

viewtopic.php?f=11&t=59135

sojourner
Clearwater Poet

Post by sojourner » Thu Aug 20, 2009 5:22 am

wow Tom... I'm touched (and humbled, and honoured) that you thought those pieces worthy of calling out. Thank you very much.
The warrior of light uses fear as an engine, not a brake. -Paolo Coehlo

my marriage blog:
http://eccl-4-12.blogspot.com/

Return to “Tom Watson's Whispers”